Col 2:15

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Colossians 2:15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him"

When He had disarmed
apekduomai - masculine
apekduomai only appears in Colossians 2:15 and 3:9. When you take this word which Paul could have made up composed with prespositions "apo" "ek" and "duo" which literal says “to disrobe, to strip off” Now that is an interesting connotation. "Stripped off" in the case of rules and authorities is usually a public humiliation event, where their authority, power, and their popular influence is removed, and they are revealed to be rotten and now defeated before the public who once looked up to them.

the rulers
arche -feminine

the authorities
exousia -feminine

Interesting choice of gendered words. My mind immediately when to the harlot of Revelation.

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Proverbs also uses the feminine (she/her) for wisdom. Think you might agree that such a resounding rebuke against a religious "swamp" heirarchy by which they are silenced is only possible with the indwelling presence of HIS/HER (no gender) SPIRIT ...

Matthew 10:19
When you are arrested, don’t worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time.
Mark 13:11
But when you are arrested and stand trial, don’t worry in advance about what to say. Just say what God tells you at that time, for it is not you who will be speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
Luke 12:11-12
Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say.
12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Colossians 2:15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him"

When He had disarmed
apekduomai - masculine
apekduomai only appears in Colossians 2:15 and 3:9. When you take this word which Paul could have made up composed with prespositions "apo" "ek" and "duo" which literal says “to disrobe, to strip off” Now that is an interesting connotation. "Stripped off" in the case of rules and authorities is usually a public humiliation event, where their authority, power, and their popular influence is removed, and they are revealed to be rotten and now defeated before the public who once looked up to them.

the rulers
arche -feminine

the authorities
exousia -feminine

Interesting choice of gendered words. My mind immediately when to the harlot of Revelation.
Depend on which altar is important and focussed on.

The harlot in context desires her children to be obligated in flesh and blood.

And the offering of continual hopelessness.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
When you take this word which Paul could have made up which literal says “to disrobe, to strip off”
Do you not believe that Ruach HaKodesh is multi-multilingual (and then some), being more well-versed with the minutest involution of the world's languages (i.e. Greek) than was Paul, and thereby divinely ordained by G-d as recorded in the sacred scripture of the Bible (SOP) ...
  • The books of the Bible (Genesis to Revelation) are ordained by G-d to be His word to us.
2 Corinthians 5:2-4 (English transliteration)
For indeed in this tent we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling
from heaven, inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.
For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because
we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal
will be swallowed up by life.
καταλαβαίνουν
Then the woman saw that the tree was good for food and delightful to look at, and that it was desirable for obtaining wisdom. So she took some of its fruit and ate it; she also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. (Genesis 3:6)

Q: How was it that Eve knew that the fruit was desirable for obtaining wisdom?
A: God created woman with an innate wisdom that eludes man - Prov. 3:13-18

I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. (Revelation 3:18)​

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Do you not believe that Ruach HaKodesh is multi-multilingual (and then some), being more well-versed with the minutest involution of the world's languages (i.e. Greek) than was Paul, and thereby divinely ordained by G-d as recorded in the sacred scripture of the Bible (SOP) ...
  • The books of the Bible (Genesis to Revelation) are ordained by G-d to be His word to us.
2 Corinthians 5:2-4 (English transliteration)
For indeed in this tent we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling
from heaven, inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.
For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because
we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal
will be swallowed up by life.
καταλαβαίνουν
Then the woman saw that the tree was good for food and delightful to look at, and that it was desirable for obtaining wisdom. So she took some of its fruit and ate it; she also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. (Genesis 3:6)

Q: How was it that Eve knew that the fruit was desirable for obtaining wisdom?
A: God created woman with an innate wisdom that eludes man - Prov. 3:13-18

I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. (Revelation 3:18)​
What I am getting at is that Paul could have been the creator of the term to describe what he is trying to explain. Many words started out as a term or phrase that someone at one point made up and it stuck.

Medical field does it all the time to describe a condition. Latin, being a "dead" language is used to describe some medical disorder that best fits. They will often joint the bits and pieces of terms together so that you can get the description in one word. For example, Spondylolisthesis.. "spondyl" is a term for "bone", "o" is the joiner to help in verbalizing this combination and "listhesis" is the "dislocation, slipping" term. So you have a bone that is slipping or dislocating called spondylolisthesis.

In this case, I am presenting that Paul is doing the same thing to describe something that the current terminology of his day did not have a very good word to describe what he was trying to convey. When you look at the Hebrew or Greek dictionary for biblical words you will find that they often give you a "prime root" or "unused root" or "particle".

It is interesting that you attribute this "inspirited" new word to the Holy Spirit, as all things new would be from God to which I agree. But as my post was about Paul using it first, I gave him credit for that.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Depend on which altar is important and focussed on.

The harlot in context desires her children to be obligated in flesh and blood.

And the offering of continual hopelessness.
True, it is the difference between that which is in the outer court and that which is in the inner court.

• Optimistic
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What I am getting at is that Paul could have been the creator of the term to describe what he is trying to explain.
That kind of thinking is similar to that of secular man taking credit for his own "inspirited" achievements.
Medical field does it all the time to describe a condition. Latin, being a "dead" language is used to describe some medical disorder that best fits.
Using the secular medical field (or the RCC ~ latin) is a weak defense. You could have at least given an example of a new Israeli secular/securian "inspirited" Hebrew word even though "securian" is not an accepted Scrabble word, even though scrabble is ...
קשקוש (scrabble) is to scratch or grope around with one's fingers to find,
collect and change something (like leaven on Pesach)
It is interesting that you attribute this "inspirited" new word to the Holy Spirit, as all things new would be from God to which I agree. But as my post was about Paul using it first, I gave him credit for that.
Again you fail to credit the indwelling/abiding presence of Ruach HaKodesh to Paul's "inSpirited" word, but rather credit it to man's own spirit. For example the word "inspirit" is not used in reference to the abiding presence of Ruach HaKodesh, but rather man's spirit not the "inSpirited" indwelling presence of Ruach HaKodesh in a born again Spirit-led Believer, such as was true with Apostle Paul (see examples of man's own spirit ... https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/sentences-with-the-word/inspirit.html such as "Strange how often his philosophy and experience of life came back to inspirit her!" Such uses of the word "inspirited" may best be attributed to new age philosophy, even an aetheist or agnostic.

You err when suggesting that Paul's word was his own "inspirited" commentary giving no credit to Ruach Hakodesh for putting that "inSpirited" word in his mind as he was penning his letter to the Colossians. Following this kind of thinking can lead to some Messianic Jews belief that not all of Paul's letters were "inSpirited" as ordained by GOD, but rather Paul's own "inspirited" commentary.

Following that kind of thinking and some Messianic Jews may come to believe that some of Paul's writings are his own "inspirited" commentary and not that inspired (inSpirited) by Ruach HaKodesh as ordained by GOD
  • The books of the Bible (Genesis to Revelation) are ordained by G-d to be His word to us (SOP)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
That kind of thinking is similar to that of secular man taking credit for his own "inspirited" achievements.
Using the secular medical field (or the RCC ~ latin) is a weak defense. You could have at least given an example of a new Israeli secular/securian "inspirited" Hebrew word even though "securian" is not an accepted Scrabble word, even though scrabble is ...
Again you fail to credit the indwelling/abiding presence of Ruach HaKodesh to Paul's "inSpirited" word, but rather credit it to man's own spirit. For example the word "inspirit" is not used in reference to the abiding presence of Ruach HaKodesh, but rather man's spirit not the "inSpirited" indwelling presence of Ruach HaKodesh in a born again Spirit-led Believer, such as was true with Apostle Paul (see examples of man's own spirit ... https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/sentences-with-the-word/inspirit.html such as "Strange how often his philosophy and experience of life came back to inspirit her!" Such uses of the word "inspirited" may best be attributed to new age philosophy, even an aetheist or agnostic.

You err when suggesting that Paul's word was his own "inspirited" commentary giving no credit to Ruach Hakodesh for putting that "inSpirited" word in his mind as he was penning his letter to the Colossians. Following this kind of thinking can lead to some Messianic Jews belief that not all of Paul's letters were "inSpirited" as ordained by GOD, but rather Paul's own "inspirited" commentary.

Following that kind of thinking and some Messianic Jews may come to believe that some of Paul's writings are his own "inspirited" commentary and not that inspired (inSpirited) by Ruach HaKodesh as ordained by GOD
  • The books of the Bible (Genesis to Revelation) are ordained by G-d to be His word to us (SOP)
Let me repeat "It is interesting that you attribute this "inspirited" new word to the Holy Spirit, as all things new would be from God to which I agree. But as my post was about Paul using it first, I gave him credit for that. "

Now let me be more clear since you missed it in the statement above... ALL THINGS NEW would be from GOD.. including what Paul was inspired to create. I give Paul credit for using it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Ole sh'aul himself stated he spoke of his own volitition outside of tradition at one point in his letters..

1 corinthians 9:8

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ole sh'aul himself stated he spoke of his own volitition outside of tradition at one point in his letters..
1 corinthians 9:8
"Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?"

Paul is saying that he is not speaking his own opinion, but rather that ordained by GOD.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

1 Corinthians 9:20-25

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown (inspirited); but we an incorruptible (inSpirited).

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Paul is saying that he is not speaking his own opinion, but rather that ordained by GOD.
Perhaps a return to Torah will help in the spirit of understanding the wisdom given ole sh'aul and his addressing rulers and authorities in his letter to the collosians.

Vayikra in particular has a beautiful form of instruction concerning the distinction between male and a female goat as a sin offering.
A she goat is also mentioned in relation to an offering by avraham.

Leviticus 4 if I recall correctly.

Blessings Always

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
True, it is the difference between that which is in the outer court and that which is in the inner court.
Three that bare witness on earth"

Amen,

The whole armor is needed to enter both the courtyards.
Yet those without are....who devour their own mother for marking them with ash on their foreheads and sending them to the fire.
They fled the Fire that encompasses those protected by The Lord.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

When He had disarmed
apekduomai - masculine

the rulers
arche -feminine

the authorities
exousia -feminine

Heheh,

Silly Greeks and their philosiloquies of calling good evil and vice versa.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I believe ole sh'aul is speaking from a place of fruitful humbleness towards those of a likeminded audience having Yeshua as their ram(head covering) instead of a male goat.

After all,
Ole sh'aul also mentioned something about a change in the preistly service.

Question: for all readers

Would you rather have a male goat covering or The Ram of God.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Colossians 2:15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him
Heheh,
Silly Greeks and their philosiloquies of calling good evil and vice versa.
Would you rather have a male goat covering or The Ram of God
When "He", "Him" is capitalized in translations (e.g. NASB, NKJV, HCSB) the reference is to: The Lamb of GOD, the Lion of Judah ("The Ram of God") Yeshua HaMashiach.

Paul is NOT referring to the Greek rulers and authorities, but rather to the blind Jewish rulers and authorities ...

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
2 Corinthians 4:4
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When "He", "Him" is capitalized in translations (e.g. NASB, NKJV, HCSB) the reference is to: The Lamb of GOD, the Lion of Judah ("The Ram of God") Yeshua HaMashiach.

Paul is NOT referring to the Greek rulers and authorities, but rather to the blind Jewish rulers and authorities ...

You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.​
I agree somewhat in a generational sense.
But do not forget that it was a corrupt Roman court that was used to convict and sentence Yeshua ..

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

If a thought of discussion is apart of ole sh,aul being given ears and then by his own volition was inspired to write a letter to a certain minyan (congregation)

[ Now you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have because we have our hope set on the living God, U)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-29741U" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

11 Command and teach V)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-29742V" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">these things.12 W)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-29743W" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers X)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-29743X" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 1

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
If a thought of discussion is apart of ole sh,aul being given ears and then by his own volition was inspired to write a letter to a certain minyan (congregation)

[ Now you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have because we have our hope set on the living God, U)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-29741U" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

11 Command and teach V)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-29742V" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">these things.12 W)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-29743W" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers X)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-29743X" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 1
It does get quirky sometimes, when you copy and paste... strange things appear between the words.

Upvote 0