✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 13
Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law.

Do you think this lifts all guilt from your shoulders? Man, THIS condemns us all as one! "For He that loved another fulfilled the Law", NONE other!

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glorious defines 10 commandments. Verse 7 tell us this Glory or 10 commandments were to be done away. Seems like you have a problem with Paul and not me. As long as you hang on to SDA dogma You cannot agree with Paul.

True!

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look, I am tired and really want to end all this. Col2 plainly states that the feast days, new moons and Sabbath days are shadows, Paul was not stuttering when he wrote that. They are three different events. Feasts,(Sabbaths) new moons (Sabbaths) and Sabbaths. Sabbaths had to have meant weekly. There were not any more special days that were Sabbaths. Jesus is reality. You are not to judge me for not observing days that were for Israel in the first place.

Ja, and because you became an ex-Adventist anti-Sabbatharian enthusiast, it cannot be otherwise that you err tremendously in and with this edition of yours of Colossians 2. So sorry; so really painfully sorry...

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel broke the covenant. Israel now has a new covenant not like the old covenant.

And you trusted the last provocation would not be as bad as or worse than the first?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Samo, samo, jut be aware that Transitory does not mean transfer lig=ke youtried to tell me it is. That blows your belief system out of the water and you know it. It took many months for you to xero in on verses 7-11 and when you did you try to claim that transitory means transfer Why can't you admit it LGW. If you would only admit the New Testament writings would all agree. As it is you have to close your thoughts when you come to verses that turn your belief system upside down. You know why I know all of this? It is because I was once SDA and had to deny much scripture to make the SDA belief system work.SDAs cannot fool me because I go to the scriptures for proof.

Well none that is true Bob,

I have already shared the scriptures with you in relation to 2COR 3. I did not try to tell you that transitory means transfer. I was speaking in relation to conversion and that this is transitory (takes time to see the wretched man revealed through God's LAW that leads to Christ as our Saviour to walking in the Spirit Romans 7-8)

Did you wish to address the scriptures that have been sent to you that disagree with you?

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You don't have Christ's Resurrection from the dead "ON THE SABBATH BEFORE the First Day of the week" 'from God's WORD' in any or all of your gargling with the Sabbath to clear your throat.
That's what I have to contribute to your as well as BobRyan's posts. What a farce, the ostensible battle between the Sabbath giants!

Hi JTV,

Do you have anything from God's WORD to add to the discussion of the OP here?

You are more then welcome here. Could I suggest if you do not like the topic here please be mindful of the forums TOS?

Please keep your comments directed at the posts and the content of the posts and reply to the scriptures in the posts.

You are more then welcome to open up another topic on the forum if you wish to if you do not like this one.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have already shared the scriptures with you in relation to 2COR 3.
Finally after many months of prodding. Before that you skirted the issue.

I did not try to tell you that transitory means transfer.
You are certainly slick. Correct you didn't use those words, you just did the act.

I was speaking in relation to conversion and that this is transitory (takes time to see the wretched man revealed through God's LAW that leads to Christ as our Saviour to walking in the Spirit Romans 7-8)
Oh no you were not. Here is what you wrote and I quote: "This is the part that is transitory as you say. 2 Corinthians 3 is talking about the NEW COVENANT of God's LAW written on the heart through LOVE by His Spirit. The transitory is from the tables of stone to the fleshly tables of the heart (2 Cor 3:3; Hebrews 8:10)"

That my friend is transferring not transitory. It is obvious that you either didn't know what transitory means or was trying to snicker me. The 10 commandments WERE temporary. They ended with the remainder of the law at Calvary.

The remainder is cut an paste and since you will not recognize the issue above I do not have anymore to write.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you trusted the last provocation would not be as bad or worse than the first?
Hi Joe, I see that you are trying very hard to be vicious. Don't you have anything better to do?

• Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh no you were not. Here is what you wrote and I quote: "This is the part that is transitory as you say. 2 Corinthians 3 is talking about the NEW COVENANT of God's LAW written on the heart through LOVE by His Spirit. The transitory is from the tables of stone to the fleshly tables of the heart (2 Cor 3:3; Hebrews 8:10)"

Your confusion was clarified here.

LoveGodsWORD wrote: I know what transitory means Bob and know it means temporary. Let me explain myself better in relation to 2 COR 3 , Hebrews 8 and Romans 3, 7-8 (all 4 chapters should be read together).

Before we come to Christ to be FORGIVEN for our SINS we are "UNDER THE LAW" Convicted by the LAW and guilty before God as SINNERS, breaking God's LAW (Romans 3:19-20).

We are IN SIN and the wages of SIN is death and like PAUL we cry out. O WRETHCED MAN THAT I AM, WHO shall deliver me from this body of death? (Romans 7:24)

This is a TEMPORARY process that ALL believers must go through before they can truly FIND and KNOW Jesus as their personal LORD and Saviour and LOVE him because he FIRST LOVED us.

LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW written on the fleshly tables of the heart. LOVE is the power to OBEY and FOLLOW God and when the LAW of God brings the WRTECH SINNER (me) to the cross of Chirst and when we reach out by FAITH to BELIEVE God's promised FREE GIFT of FORGIVENSS LOVE is written on the heart to FOLLOW Jesus. LAW AND LOVE are ONE if you have NO LOVE you cannot OBEY God. If you LOVE GOD however you have been set free from your SINS. This is what the NEW COVENANT promise is when it says he will write his LAW in your heart so that you can be his people (Hebrews 8:10-12)

God's LAW shows us that there is nothing that we can do of ourselves to save ourselves from our sins because we are a slave to SIN (Romans 7). Only then can we see God's LOVE and sacrifice for our SINS at calvarys cross.

God's LAW leads us to the cross of Jesus where we can see him dying for our SINS and by FAITH we see that it is by his stripes that we are healed. Now we are prepared to recieve the GIFT of FORGIVENESS as we BELIEVE God's WORD.

2 COR 3 is talking about this same process but in a different way as does Romans 7-9 and Hebrews 8:10-12.

In the conversion process takes time. But you failed to add that part Bob I guess

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your confusion was clarified here.

In the conversion process takes time. But you failed to add that part Bob I guess
Did I need to? Always have something to try to deflate your opponent don't you. Wouldn't admit ever that you are wrong about anything.

One thing for sure, you know what transitory means now and what it is referring to even if you won't admit it. You have it planted in your mind. The 10 commandments WERE temporary.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Did I need to? Always have something to try to deflate your opponent don't you. Wouldn't admit ever that you are wrong about anything.

One thing for sure, you know what transitory means now and what it is referring to even if you won't admit it. You have it planted in your mind. The 10 commandments WERE temporary.

It seems you are mixed up Bob as I have shared God's Word with you. Did you have anything from God's Word to share Bob or have the scriptures provided answered everything for you? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE another.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know what you are tying to do and I will not fall for it the second time. This conversation is over. You win, but have you really???????? You have a lot to think about LGW. You can have the last word. Go ahead it is now a wide open field for you. All I can do now is pray and be certain I will.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now to all the lurkers that have been following this thread I would like to point you to the post that caused me to stop posting with LGW was #1849. The part in blue was the answer I got from LGW and He/she will not admit to error. This is what was written: "The transitory is from the tables of stone to the fleshly tables of the heart (2 Cor 3:3;Hebrews 8:10)"

Transitory means temporary. Substitute the word temporary in the statement and the statement goes like this:

The temporary is from the tables of stone to the fleshly tables of the heart.

2Cor 3:7-11 plainly states that the 10 commandments, the ministry of death, were (past tense) temporary. Then Paul goes on to tell us the 10 have been replaced by the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that dwells in the fleshy part of the heart. Jesus called it the Comforter, Paul called it the Holy Spirit. The laws that the writer of Hebrews is referring to could not be the 10 commandments because they were temporary and a side note, the real truth is that they were also an incomplete set of rules. There are many more thou shalt nots, many of which are found in the New Testament. The greatest commands, the love commands that Jesus tells us, are not found in the 10 commandments, but in the book of the law. 1jn3:19-24 tells us we are of the truth if we believe in Jesus and love one another as He commanded us.

Wouldn't you think that what is written in the fleshy part of our hearts would include the greatest commands in all of scripture? Remember it is all about Jesus and not at all about which day or days you choose to worship Him. Jesus is enough, we surely do not need the works of the law that ended at Calvary. Well, the decision is yours to make. You have read the two sides. Chose this day....May God bless you all as you make your choice.

I would love to hear from you. Rite when u kan and keep lookin up, Jesus is coming again. Your friend in Christ our Savior and our real Friend, Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello JTV, your post is your own words. Do you have anything from God's WORD to share regarding the OP here? If you want to start up another topic in the forum please feel free to do so. This threas is called > COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

Colossians 2:14-17 IS THIS:
"12 While dead in your sins God who raised Christ from the dead forgave you all trespasses having quickened you together with Him. Nailing it to the cross and removing it altogether, Christ blotted out the damning law against us; and putting off and ruining the rulers and the authorities [of darkness 1:13], He publicly held them up to shame, triumphing over them in it. [If ye then be raised with Christ 3:1], THEN THEREFORE, don’t you let yourselves be judged and condemned by anyone (of the world 2:8, 20) in your eating and drinking or with regard to your eating and drinking of feast, whether of month’s or of Sabbaths’—all which shadows forth what soon must be, the BODY and SUBSTANCE OF CHRIST!

Let no man not holding to the Head [but] puffed up by his fleshly mind, who conceitedly meddles in what he knows nothing about (the mystery which is Christ 1:28), with his pretentious humility and angelic worship beguile you (with enticing words 2:4) of your reward.

Because holding to the Head nourishment being ministered, all the Body (of Christ’s Own 1:18) by joints and bands [of faith 2:12 Hosea 11:4; peace Ephesians 4:3; and charity Colossians 3:14], and knit together (in love 2:2), will grow with the growth of God.

"Don't you let yourselves be judged by anyone in regard to your eating and drinking of Christ the Substance of Sabbaths' Feast either Lord's Supper of month's or Sabbaths' Feast, which are but the shadow of what imminently must come for you holding to the Head, the Body (the Sabbaths-Going-to-Church) growing with the growth of God Christ being the Nourishment ministered."

Since having resurrected from the dead "on the Sabbath in fullness of day", "Jesus having entered into his Own Rest as God in his own, He gave them Rest, so that THEREFORE A KEEPING OF SABBATH REST DAY FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD REMAINS."

Of THIS 'real truth' of Colossians 2, you have 0, viz., zero, sultsch, nothing!

Asleep Sabbath legalists, WAKE UP!

By the way, the moment I stop posting, THIS THREAD FALLS DOWN DEAD!

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ja, and because you became an ex-Adventist anti-Sabbatharian enthusiast, it cannot be otherwise that you err tremendously in and with this edition of yours of Colossians 2. So sorry; so really painfully sorry...
Please prove this with exegesis.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And you trusted the last provocation would not be as bad as or worse than the first?
It can't be because of the nature of the covenants. The other covenant called the OC is an was a provisional covenant reliant on performance of both parties. Therefore if one party doesn't observe the covenant it's void. The NC is a one way covenant based solely on the performance of the Maker. It is only validated by acceptance of the 2d party.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I have already shared the scriptures with you in relation to 2COR 3. I did not try to tell you that transitory means transfer. I was speaking in relation to conversion and that this is transitory (takes time to see the wretched man revealed through God's LAW that leads to Christ as our Saviour to walking in the Spirit Romans 7-8)
Being led (walking in) by the Spirit means we're not walking in the law. See Galatians 5:18 and Romans 8.

In regard to you sharing Scripture you have attempted to invalidate way more than 2 Corinthians 3.
Did you wish to address the scriptures that have been sent to you that disagree with you?

You have been quoted Jeremiah 31:31-33 and Luke 22:20 and thrown them out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.