Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So it appears that your contention is I haven't read the OT. On what do you base such a silly idea? No one needs to understand anything more than they need a Savior.

I did not ask you if you have read the Old Testament. I have asked you what was written below...

LoveGodsWord said:
Actually no this is not what God's Word says the Old Covenant is. What makes up the Old Covenant and what was the purpose of the Old Covenant laws?

But you have not answered the question.

All the information necessary is found in the NT.

Does this mean in your view that the OLD Testament is not needed today? Did you know that the OLD Testament was the bible in the days of Jesus and the Apostles and that everything from the NEW Testament come from the OLD Testament scriptures and that together these are the two great witnesses that make of the Word of God?

How do you reconcile these scriptures...

2Timothy 3
16 All scripture
is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Matthew 4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Psa 119
Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Faith doesn't require knowledge

and yet it is God's Word that says...

2 Peter 1
Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5, And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;
6, And to KNOWLEDGE temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7, And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2 Peter 2
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2 Peter 3
But grow in grace, and in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Hebrews 10
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

1 Timothy 3
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.

Colossains 1
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that you might be filled with the KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WILL in all wisdom and spiritual understanding

Philippians 3
Yes doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the KNOWLEDGE of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Sorry my friend there is too many scritpures and many that were not added here.

It seem that God's Word disagrees with you. You need a KNOWLEDGE of the truth in order to be saved and in order to have something to BELIEVE or have faith in.

All you're attempting to do is draw me and others away from the NT. Why?

I am not trying to draw you away from the NT I only asked you what in your view is the OLD Covenant. I ask this because many do not know what makes up the OLD Covenant laws and as a result do not understand what the NEW Covenant is.

I believe the evidence is you don't believe the NT. Sorry but that isn't the OT at least in my Bible.

Of course I believe in the NT scriptures just as much as the OT scriptures. I believe that God's Word makes up both the OT and NT scriptures and together they are the Word of God.

It you say that says that you do not need KNOWLEDGE of the scriptures to be saved and you do not believe the OLD testament scriptures are required any more in God's Word not me.

In-other-words the OT doesn't support your idea or you would have offered it.Hmm!

What idea? This does not make much sense

your words are carefully selected.

Yes they are God's Words not mine. I love God's Word.

your posting history proves you believe saved by faith (not true) plus keeping your version of the law aka ten commandments specifically the 4th. So you clearly promote salvation by works of the law. Jesus isn't enough.What fruit of obedience to what did the thief on the cross have? Romans 6:23 says salvation is a gift. You believe you must earn it. Then it's not a gift.

Well that is not true. Of course we are ONLY saved by GRACE through FAITH and NOT of OURSELVES it is a GIFT of GOD and not or WORKS lest any man should boast.

However, IF your FAITH does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE then you are still in your SINS because you have rejected the GIFT of God's dear Son (James 2:18: 20: 26).

If your tree has no FRUIT it will be cast down and thrown into the FIRE come judgement day (Matthew 7:12-23). Now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth NOT forth good fruit is CUT down, and cast into the fire (Matthew 3:10).

If you are still in your SINS when he gives you a KNOWLEDGE of the truth then you do not KNOW him who calls you in LOVE to LOVE another as he first LOVED you.

We are talking here about SIN and how if you practice KNOWN SIN it will keep you out of God's KINGDOM. The very first step of OBEDIENCE is to BELIEVE GOD. Faith is the VICTORY the theif on the CROSS BELIEVED GOD and his FAITH was counted for RIGHTEOUSNESS. He was FORGIVEN for his SINS and did NOT CONTINUE in them. God's Word says those that practice SIN do not KNOW God (1 John 2:3-4).

I just don't understand why you must continue to condemn and lock others out that refuse to accept your false doctrine with Hebrews 10:26-27.

I do not judge you or others of condemns anyone. I only share God's Word. If you feel convicted then it is between you and God not me and you because they are God's Words not mine. All are free to BELIEVE or not BELIEVE God's Word. It is God's Word that will be our judge in the last days (John 12:47-48)

There's no such requirement found in the NT to keep the law.

Well that is not true please see the scriptures linked here.

And you want us to believe you have respect for the Scripture specifically the law which you don't keep without changing it to suit your ideas. It's no small wonder why the unregenerate are so hard to reach with the Gospel. Religion does not great favor to the Gospel. What more proof is needed to prove you don't accept the NT.

God will be our judge. We should BELIEVE and FOLLOW his Word. For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind.

He tells me it is those that see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me.

I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The key word used here is contained in "ORDINANCES" what do you think that the words I highlighted in RED mean? If you read the OP you would know the meaning. It is the same GREEK Word used in Col 2:14.

This is very clear the law is abolished.

Seems like God's Word disagrees with you (Linked)

2 Corinthians doesn't talk about abolishing Moses' face.Understanding the old covenant doesn't really matter because it has been replaced and no longer has any authority over any one including the Jew.

Romans 2
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29, But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Who is God's Israel in the NEW Covenant?

If sin is wrong doing, I've knowledge of sin by a leather belt and current civil laws.

WHAT IS SIN?

James 2
If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:
9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW

James is pretty clear if we brake ANY of God's Law (10 commandments) then we are a TRANSGRESSOR of God's LAW

links to...........

1 John 3
Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.
John is in agreement with James and states that if we TRANSGRESS God's LAW then we commit SIN because SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF GOD'S LAW. So it is very clear that SIN is breaking ANY of God's LAW (10 commandments)

Links to...........

Romans 7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known SIN, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Well here we have Paul in agreement with James and John also telling us that SIN is breaking God's commandments and uses the 10th commandment as an example of breaking any of God's LAW (10 commandments) = SIN (Exodus 20:17)

Links to............

Romans 3
, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

Once again Paul is in agreement with John and James which all agree together that if we break any of God's LAW (10 commandments) we commit SIN because as James, John and Paul all agree together that SIN is breaking ANY of God's 10 commandments.

God's Word is in disagreement with you my friend. SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (10 commandments)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) and like any of the ten, if we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

God's Word says SIN in breaking God's LAW

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

I love that scripture. It is talking about those that BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's Word by FAITH by receiving God's Spirit. However don't forget that God ONLY Gives the Holy Spririt to those who OBEY him and have REPENTED from their SINS (Breaking God's Commandments) (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:32)

I simply can't believe you want to say God winks at sin.

It is God's Word not mine that says....

Act 17
And the times of this ignorance God winked at <When someone does not know and has no knowledge of the truth>; but now <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth is come> commands all men every where to repent.

links to...

Hebrews 10
26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the
knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I'm sorry for you because of your refusal to believe the truth.

Dont be, I BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD and his truth. Feel rather sorry for all those that practice KNOWN SIN, it will keep them out of God's KINGDOM if they continue in SIN (Hebrews 10:26-31)

You keep trying to threaten me with eternal damnation over something that has no jurisdiction.

As said earlier, I do not judge you or others of condemns anyone. I only share God's Word. If you feel convicted then it is between you and God not me and you because they are God's Words not mine. All are free to BELIEVE of not BELIEVE God's Word. It is God's Word that will be our judge in the last days (John 12:47-48)

Hope this helps..

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So it appears that your contention is I haven't read the OT. On what do you base such a silly idea? No one needs to understand anything more than they need a Savior. All the information necessary is found in the NT. Faith doesn't require knowledge. Faith only requires belief.All you're attempting to do is draw me and others away from the NT. Why? I believe the evidence is you don't believe the NT.Sorry but that isn't the OT at least in my Bible. In-other-words the OT doesn't support your idea or you would have offered it.Hmm! your words are carefully selected. your posting history proves you believe saved by faith (not true) plus keeping your version of the law aka ten commandments specifically the 4th. So you clearly promote salvation by works of the law. Jesus isn't enough.This is clear double speak. What fruit of obedience to what did the thief on the cross have? Romans 6:23 says salvation is a gift. You believe you must earn it. Then it's not a gift. I just don't understand why you must continue to condemn and lock others out that refuse to accept your false doctrine with Hebrews 10:26-27. Being that it's in this forum section and who you are can only mean one thing.Here you condemn based on the fact the law isn't observed, specifically the 4th of the ten. There's no such requirement found in the NT to keep the law.You demonstrate disrespect for the rules you said you would go by to participate here. And you want us to believe you have respect for the Scripture specifically the law which you don't keep without changing it to suit your ideas. It's no small wonder why the unregenerate are so hard to reach with the Gospel. Religion does not great favor to the Gospel. What more proof is needed to prove you don't accept the NT.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

This is very clear the law is abolished. 2 Corinthians doesn't talk about abolishing Moses' face.Understanding the old covenant doesn't really matter because it has been replaced and no longer has any authority over any one including the Jew. I've read the OP and don't need any of your busy work. You're doing nothing more than demanding agreement or go to hell.You refuse to admit what those passages admit looking for a specific word and phrase. Ephesians 2:15 takes care of your objection.If sin is wrong doing, I've knowledge of sin by a leather belt and current civil laws. So the only one you can point out is the 4th which isn't about wrong doing. It's clearly about ceremonial remembrance. Since I've been delivered from the law, it was never given to gentiles and isn't found as a requirement in NT for salvation, you've got nothing for support. Nice empty threat to bring fear and compliance to something that has no jurisdiction over the Christian. See 1 Timothy 1:9.Yes the Apostles disagree with me by writing

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. :)I simply can't believe you want to say God winks at sin.I'm sorry for you because of your refusal to believe the truth. You've been quoted all the supporting passages and disregard them.You keep trying to threaten me with eternal damnation over something that has no jurisdiction. Why? Isn't it because you refuse to accept the complete NT (covenant)?

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Since you're not in compliance with the 4th commandment you condemn others to hell, aren't you in that same group?
Out of time for today. :( But noticed my last words you quote aren't answered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since you're not in compliance with the 4th commandment you condemn others to hell, aren't you in that same group?
Out of time for today. :( But noticed my last words you quote aren't answered.[/QUOTE]

Nope of course not. Only God's Word is true. If you feel convicted it is a good thing God is calling all to have a closer walk with him.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I did not ask you if you have read the Old Testament. I have asked you what was written below...
That covenant is what is written on stone tables known as the law per Moses in Deuteronomy 4:13. You seem to deny this. Moses says specifically they were given only to Israel in 5:3. A natural blood line born Jew called by God says we're not obligated to that law in several places in several letters.
But you have not answered the question.
No I didn't cave and respond without thinking like you want. Unfortunately for you I've read and believe the NT. (Note to you I've also read the OT and also believe it.)
Does this mean in your view that the OLD Testament is not needed today? Did you know that the OLD Testament was the bible in the days of Jesus and the Apostles and that everything from the NEW Testament come from the OLD Testament scriptures and that together these are the two great witnesses that make of the Word of God?
Yes that means the OT isn't necessary today. The OT had absolutely nothing to do with my conversion to Jesus the Christ.
How do you reconcile these scriptures...

2Timothy 3
16 All scripture
is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
I accept all of it including the OT. You want and demand ignoring much of the NT to include the words of Jesus which I believe.
Matthew 4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of God.
It's you that needs to reconcile this verse. You choose to disbelieve the words of the NT. Paul was chosen by God to do as he did. You believe only parts of the Gospels. What can I say. This isn't meant as an attack on you or your beliefs, personal or otherwise.
Psa 119
Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

and yet it is God's Word that says...

2 Peter 1
Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5, And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue KNOWLEDGE;
6, And to KNOWLEDGE temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7, And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
It doesn't say faith is based on knowledge. If it were Hebrews 11:1 is false.
2 Peter 2
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2 Peter 3
But grow in grace, and in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Hebrews 10
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, 27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

1 Timothy 3
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; 4, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.

Colossains 1
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that you might be filled with the KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WILL in all wisdom and spiritual understanding

Philippians 3
Yes doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the KNOWLEDGE of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Sorry my friend there is too many scritpures and many that were not added here.

It seem that God's Word disagrees with you. You need a KNOWLEDGE of the truth in order to be saved and in order to have something to BELIEVE or have faith in.
No you disagree with Scripture.
I am not trying to draw you away from the NT I only asked you what in your view is the OLD Covenant. I ask this because many do not know what makes up the OLD Covenant laws and as a result do not understand what the NEW Covenant is.
Sure you're not. That is why you agree with the NT Scripture I quote and reference. ;)
Of course I believe in the NT scriptures just as much as the OT scriptures. I believe that God's Word makes up both the OT and NT scriptures and together they are the Word of God.

It you say that says that you do not need KNOWLEDGE of the scriptures to be saved and you do not believe the OLD testament scriptures are required any more in God's Word not me.
I read John. :(
What idea? This does not make much sense
I fully understand knowing you by your posts.
Yes they are God's Words not mine. I love God's Word.
Well at least parts of it.
Well that is not true. Of course we are ONLY saved by GRACE through FAITH and NOT of OURSELVES it is a GIFT of GOD and not or WORKS lest any man should boast.
I don't think yo believe this because of your promotion of works of the being required to maintain salvation.
However, IF your FAITH does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE then you are still in your SINS because you have rejected the GIFT of God's dear Son (James 2:18: 20: 26).
Nothing there about works of the which James doesn't present in 2.
If your tree has no FRUIT it will be cast down and thrown into the FIRE come judgement day (Matthew 7:12-23). Now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth NOT forth good fruit is CUT down, and cast into the fire (Matthew 3:10).
Should I say thinks for this effort at condemnation? My feathers are well oiled.
If you are still in your SINS when he gives you a KNOWLEDGE of the truth then you do not KNOW him who calls you in LOVE to LOVE another as he first LOVED you.
The truth is Jesus is my rest (Matthew 11:28-30). Jesus no where calls us to the law. Jesus does call us to Him.
We are talking here about SIN and how if you practice KNOWN SIN it will keep you out of God's KINGDOM. The very first step of OBEDIENCE is to BELIEVE GOD. Faith is the VICTORY the theif on the CROSS BELIEVED GOD and his FAITH was counted for RIGHTEOUSNESS. He was FORGIVEN for his SINS and did NOT CONTINUE in them. God's Word says those that practice SIN do not KNOW God (1 John 2:3-4).
Fine effort at condemnation. Concerning the sabbath there's no sin on my part for failure to keep it since I'm now delivered from the law.
I do not judge you or others of condemns anyone. I only share God's Word. If you feel convicted then it is between you and God not me and you because they are God's Words not mine. All are free to BELIEVE or not BELIEVE God's Word. It is God's Word that will be our judge in the last days (John 12:47-48)
Why don't you tell the truth? You just made two statement of condemnation.
I generally don't chase down links. I'm not going to debate a link either. I've got plenty to do.
God will be our judge. We should BELIEVE and FOLLOW his Word. For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind.
Another attempt at condemnation and fear. My life isn't run by fear. You don't point all to the Word of God. You clearly support allegiance to the law and not Jesus Christ. Jesus nor the Holy Spirit showed you a requirement to obey the law covenant given to Israel (Galatians 5:18).
He tells me it is those that see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me.
I already pointed out what you believe.
I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen.
That's simply not true but a noble attempt at manipulation.
The key word used here is contained in "ORDINANCES" what do you think that the words I highlighted in RED mean? If you read the OP you would know the meaning. It is the same GREEK Word used in Col 2:14.
What ordinances are against us? Don't the ten commandments say don't (thou shalt not)?

Seems like God's Word disagrees with you (Linked)
No I believe the NT.
Romans 2
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29, But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Who is God's Israel in the NEW Covenant?
The same as in the Old Covenant. The Christian isn't part of Israel, spiritually or other wise (Ephesians 2). That chapter says we're fellow citizens with the saints, not Israel. Israel isn't known as being a saint. Abraham is though.
WHAT IS SIN?

James 2
If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:
9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW

James is pretty clear if we brake ANY of God's Law (10 commandments) then we are a TRANSGRESSOR of God's LAW
Your point is invalid for the gentile and Christian because we're not under the law. That means it has no jurisdiction. We can't violate it. It's not our covenant.
links to...........

1 John 3
Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.
John is in agreement with James and states that if we TRANSGRESS God's LAW then we commit SIN because SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF GOD'S LAW. So it is very clear that SIN is breaking ANY of God's LAW (10 commandments)
Sin isn't only violation of the law. The law came because of sin (Galatians 3:19, Romans 5:13).
Links to...........

Romans 7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known SIN, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Well here we have Paul in agreement with James and John also telling us that SIN is breaking God's commandments and uses the 10th commandment as an example of breaking any of God's LAW (10 commandments) = SIN (Exodus 20:17)
Pretty good back up for your idea sin is only violation of the law. Remember sin was before the law. You idea can't be true even by 1 John 3:4.
Links to............

Romans 3
, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

Once again Paul is in agreement with John and James which all agree together that if we break any of God's LAW (10 commandments) we commit SIN because as James, John and Paul all agree together that SIN is breaking ANY of God's 10 commandments.
Sorry but I didn't learn about evil (sin) from the law. I learned about it from a blistered [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].
God's Word is in disagreement with you my friend. SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (10 commandments)
Your abuse of the is rather old.
God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) and like any of the ten, if we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)
another fine attempt at condemnation. You fail to understand or disregard Romans 8:1,2
There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.
You look for and demand a phrase "thou shalt not keep the sabbath. It's clear to me when that covenant was replaced with the new one, it didn't include that holy day given only to Israel.
Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)
Since you're not in compliance with Exodus 20:8-11 you're also keeping the traditions of man.

God's Word says SIN in breaking God's LAW
Repetition on this will get you no where.
I love that scripture. It is talking about those that BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's Word by FAITH by receiving God's Spirit. However don't forget that God ONLY Gives the Holy Spririt to those who OBEY him and have REPENTED from their SINS (Breaking God's Commandments) (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:32)
Problem is that's not what Jesus said. It doesn't matter if I quote Jesus or not because you won't accept it.
It is God's Word not mine that says....

Act 17
And the times of this ignorance God winked at <When someone does not know and has no knowledge of the truth>; but now <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth is come> commands all men every where to repent.
God never winked at sin. The passage is about human need of something we can see and put our hands on.
links to...

Hebrews 10
26, For if we sin willfully after that we have received the
knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,
27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
How many times are you going to try and condemn in one post?
Dont be, I BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD and his truth. Feel rather sorry for all those that practice KNOWN SIN, it will keep them out of God's KINGDOM if they continue in SIN (Hebrews 10:26-31)
You just keep trying to get me in trouble. No thanks.
As said earlier, I do not judge you or others of condemns anyone. I only share God's Word. If you feel convicted then it is between you and God not me and you because they are God's Words not mine. All are free to BELIEVE of not BELIEVE God's Word. It is God's Word that will be our judge in the last days (John 12:47-48)
Oh please tell the truth. You misuse God's Word to do your speaking. It's clear to me you're speaking by quote and reference.
Hope this helps..

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).
You just don't give up, do you? How many times in one post do you need to say something? I think it constitutes spam.
There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)
Dang but you're consistent with condemnation efforts. That covenant has been replaced with out making the 4th an obligation of Christians.
So is the sabbath you keep.
I'll take the words of the NT, thanks.
Hope one day you will do the same.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That covenant is what is written on stone tables known as the law per Moses in Deuteronomy 4:13. You seem to deny this.

Not at all. Where have I ever demied that the 10 Commandments are a part of the OLD Covenant. They are indeed a part of the Old and NEW Covenant. Thanks for your answer it confirms as I mentioned earlier that you do not understand what the Old covenant is.
The Old Covenant is indeed made up of the God's LAW (10 Commandments) but it also includes the Mosaic laws of the book of the Covanant or Torah (Deut 31:9)

Both sets of laws together had different purposes and collectively made up the OLD Covenant.

God's LAW
was written and made by God alone on two tables of stone and spoken by God himself to his people and nothing was to be added to it. (God's LAW; Ex 32:16; 34:28; Deut 4:13; 10:4; Exodus 20; Romans 3:20, 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Ps 119:172; James 2:8-12; Hebrews 8:10-12; Gal 3:24; Deut 5:22; Ex 34:28; Deut 10:4 Ecc 3:14; Ex 25:16; Deut 10:5)

It is called God's LAW or the 10 Commandment, because he was the one alone who made it and commanded Moses to keep in separated from the book of the law in the Ark of the Covenant (Neh 10:29; Deut 10:4-5; Deut 31:25-26; Deut 4:13; Ex 34:28)

God's LAW was not made by Moses it was made by God alone on two tables of stone and nothing was to be added to it and it was to be separated from the Mosaic book of the law. That is why it is referred to in the scriptures as God's LAW or the 10 commandments (not the 613).

The Mosaic law was made and written and spoken by Moses as directed by God in the book of the covenant.
(Mosaic Book of the law; Deut 31:9; Ex 24:3-4; Deut 31:24-27; Col 2:14-17).

God not only commanded Moses to keep the 10 Commandments separated from the Mosaic book of the law in the Ark of the Covenant (Deut 10:5; 31:25-26;) but nothing was to be added to it (Deut 4:1-2; Deut 5:22)

God makes a distinction between the 10 Commandments and the book of the law of Moses….

2 Kings 21
Neither will I make the feet of Israel move any more out of the land which I gave their fathers; only if they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moses commanded them.

Do we need more scripture................

GODS LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14).
God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7).
It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12).
God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4).It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5). Jesus came not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it ( Matt 5:17-20 ). The law is the embodiment of truth that instructs ( Rom 2:18-19 ). It is "holy" and "spiritual, " making sin known to us by defining it; therefore, Paul delights in it ( Romans 7:7-14Romans 7:22). The law is good if used properly ( 1 Tim 1:8 ), and is not opposed to the promises of God ( Gal 3:21 ). Faith does not make the law void, but the Christian establishes the law ( Rom 3:31 ), fulfilling its requirements by walking according to the Spirit ( Rom 8:4 ) through love ( Rom 13:10 ).

You cannot know the power of God or the Gospel of Grace without the 10 commandments. If there is NO LAW then you do not know what SIN is (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). If you do not know what SIN is you have NO need of a Savior. If you have NO need of a Savior you have NO Salvation. If you have NO Salvation you are LOST because it is written.

Disagree? Where are your scriptures that you tell everyone you know? Only God's Word is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it.

Moses says specifically they were given only to Israel in 5:3. A natural blood line born Jew called by God says we're not obligated to that law in several places in several letters.

WHO IS GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED (ISRAEL) FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE (Galatians 3:28-29).

No explanation needed, believe God's Word, and again..........

FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED (Romans 9:6).

FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Romans 2:28-29)

Gentiles are now grafted into God's Israel in the NEW COVENANT (Romans 11:13-23)

God's Israel are those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD.

BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more (Hebrews 8:10-12).

If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you are NOT a part of the NEW Covenant promise. God's LAW is to be written on the heart to LOVE and it is LOVE that is the POWER to fulfill God's LAW in those who BELIEVE.

Those that are still in their SINS do not KNOW God. SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7). Those who practice KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter God's KINGDOM because they do not LOVE and therefore do not FOLLOW him who loves all.

No I didn't cave and respond without thinking like you want. Unfortunately for you I've read and believe the NT. (Note to you I've also read the OT and also believe it.)Yes that means the OT isn't necessary today.

Seems God's Word disagrees with everything you are saying here. Did you know God also says.....

2 Timothy 3
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The OLD Testament and the NEW are the two great witnesses that agree with each other. Everything from the NEW Testament scriptures come from the OLD Testament. The Old Testament was the bible of Jesus and the Apostles. The NEW Testament does not do away with the OLD it comes from it.

Hope this is helpful and gives you a better understanding of the Old Covenant and the NEW

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
GOD'S SABBATH REST FROM SIN

Isaiah 57
But the wicked (SINNERS) are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
21, There is no peace, said my God, to the wicked.

GOD'S SABBATH REST

Hebrews 3
Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9, When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10, Why I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
So I swore in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.
Take heed, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13, But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end;
15, While it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16, For some, when they had heard, did provoke: however, not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17, But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcasses fell in the wilderness?
18, And to whom swore he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19, So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

WHAT REST ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE?

Hebrews 4
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2, For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3, For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For he spoke in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

God's REST is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5). Those who BELIEVE GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD does on the SEVENTH DAY of the week.

6, Seeing therefore it remains that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7, Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8, For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9, There remains a SABBATH REST to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest (SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11, Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Now let's compare Matthew 11:28-30 with Hebrews 4.....

Mattehew 11
Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls.
30, For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

STRONGS GREEK REST meaning; G373 ἀναπαύω anapauo (a-na-pav'-ō) v.
1. (reflexively) to repose, to rest.
2. (literally or figuratively) to be exempt, to remain.
3. (by implication) to refresh.
[from G303 and G3973]
KJV: take ease, refresh, (give, take) rest
Root(s): G303, G3973

G303
ἀνά ana (a-na') prep.
1. (properly) up.
2. (by extension, used distributively) amidst or severally, etc.
3. (by implication, as a prefix) (it often means) repetition (again), intensity, reversal, etc.
4. apiece.
5. (of combined motion) back.
6. (with G3319) through (the midst).

G3973 παύω pauo (pav'-ō) v.
to stop, i.e. restrain, quit, desist, come to an end.
{transitively or intransitively}
[a primary verb (“pause”)]
KJV: cease, leave, refrain

Now compare this GREEK word used here to the one used in Hebrews 4:9...

Hebrews 4
There remains a SABBATH REST to the people of God.

The GREEk Word used here is different.

STRONGS GREEK/HEBERW REST meaning of Hebrews 4:9;
G4520 σαββατισμός sabbatismos (sab-ba-tiz-mos') n.
1. a “sabbatism.”
2. (figuratively) the repose of Christianity (as a type of heaven).

[from a derivative of G4521] σάββατον sabbaton (saɓ'-ɓa-ton) n.
1. the Sabbath (i.e. Shabbath).
2. a day of weekly repose from secular avocations.
3. the observance or institution itself.
4. (by extension) a week, i.e. the interval between two Sabbaths.
5. likewise the plural in all the above applications.

[of Hebrew origin (H7676)]
שַׁבָּת shabbath (shab-bawth') n-e.
1. intermission, a period of temporary rest.
2. (specifically) the Sabbath, the seventh day being the day of rest.

[intensive from H7673]
H7673 שָׁבַת shabath (shaw-ɓath') v.
to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion.
{used in many implied relations (causative, figurative or specific)}
[a primitive root] KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep sabbath, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

As you can see from the differentGREEK words used in Matthew 11:28 and Hebrews 4:9 both words are indeed different and have a different application.

Both are similar referring to rest but the word REST in Hebrews 4:9 in is reference "Sabbatismos" which is the "REST"specifically found in God's Sabbath the 4th Commandment that refers right back the Hebrew WORD used for rest in Genesis 2.

Let's look at the origin of the Sabbath and God's 4th Commandment...

Genesis 2
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2, And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

[intensive from H7673]
H7673 שָׁבַת shabath (shaw-ɓath') v.
to repose, i.e. to cease from exertion.
{used in many implied relations (causative, figurative or specific)}
[a primitive root] KJV: (cause to, let, make to) cease, celebrate, cause (make) to fail, keep sabbath, suffer to be lacking, leave, put away (down), (make to) rest, rid, still, take away.

The above HEBREW meaning is the base root of Sabbatismos from the GREEK word used in Hebrews 4:9 which is referring right back to the origin of God's Sabbath in Genesis 2 and God's 4th Commandment in Exodus 20:8-11.

The meraning here is the REST that comes specifically from BELIEVING and OBEYING Gods WORD' from God's 4th Commandment Sabbath. This is the SABBATH rest according to the commandment.

You have no peace because you do not BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. We ONLY have rest in Christ if we BELIEVE and FOLLOW Jesus. Those who are still in their SINS do not KNOW God and are like the troubled see that have no peace.

Isaiah 57
But the wicked (SINNERS) are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
21, There is no peace, said my God, to the wicked.

1 John 2
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 3
Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9, When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10, Why I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Take heed, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13, But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end;
15, While it is said, To day if you will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16, For some, when they had heard, did provoke: however, not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17, But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcasses fell in the wilderness?
18, And to whom swore he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19, So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

WHAT REST ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE?

The "rest" defined, HERE! Which HERE, was the land of Canaan, the LAND God swore that He would give to Israel.
That is it. The "rest" Hebrews in THESE verses speaks of (not the 'rest' which 'we are talking about') is the land from Egypt on the yonder side of the Red Sea and the river Jordan "in THE DAY of the provocation" which lasted FORTY YEARS!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOD'S SABBATH REST FROM SIN

There is NO human 'SABBATH REST FROM SIN' because we stay sinners until we have died whether we rest the Sabbath Day or not.

Therefore there is NO 'SABBATH REST FROM SIN' of God's, since He never has been a sinner or has sins He could rest from or worse, could rest the Seventh or ANY day as were it 'GOD'S SABBATH REST FROM SIN'!

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 4
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2, For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3, For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For he spoke in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

God's REST is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5). Those who BELIEVE GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD does on the SEVENTH DAY of the week.

Denied.
"God ON the Seventh Day rested"--"rested" as EVER "in Christ"--as EVER "in Christ" "by the Power of his Resurrection", "WHEN BY THE EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER GOD RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD AND RESTED HIM UP AGAIN AT HIS OWN RIGHT HAND IN HIS HEAVENLY MAJESTY!"

This has been where the Seventh Day has always enjoyed the DISTINCTION from of having been "the day The Seventh Day SABBATH REST DAY OF THE LORD GOD". "the Rest of God" which He "rested on the Seventh Day" was not the Seventh Day; it was God's WORK OF REST which "He WORKED", "on the Seventh Day", "the ULTIMATE OF HIS POWER WHICH GOD WORKED WHEN HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD".

The Seventh Day in Genesis 2 and 3 and Hebrews 4 is NO 'SABBATH REST OF CREATION'. Creation was just finished "very good" on the Sixth Day; and "the Seventh Day" was just man's second day, so how can it be a 'SABBATH REST OF CREATION'? It was "the day The Seventh Day", "OF THE LORD GOD" He rested on through WHAT HE DID on it, from "in the evening cool of day" in Genesis 3:8 until sunrise in verse 24 THROUGH JESUS CHRIST THAT DAY.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
9, There remains a SABBATH REST to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest (SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

False! 'SABBATH REST' is only in verse "9 There remains a Sabbath-rest [Sabbatismos] to the PEOPLE of God".

Verse 10 has "Rest-of-GOD" - 'Katapausis tou Theou'. It does not have, 'Sabbatismos'.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who BELIEVE GOD's WORD enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD does on the SEVENTH DAY of the week.

Some; not everyone, because only some understand the matter thus. Many do not; God knows who are his. I’m sure He does not know them by how they understand the Scriptures, but by how He knows them, which is in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The "rest" defined, HERE! Which HERE, was the land of Canaan, the LAND God swore that He would give to Israel.
That is it. The "rest" Hebrews in THESE verses speaks of (not the 'rest' which 'we are talking about') is the land from Egypt on the yonder side of the Red Sea and the river Jordan "in THE DAY of the provocation" which lasted FORTY YEARS!

Nope please read the scriptures above your post that disagree with you. Simply stating your word over God's does not make the scriptures disappear.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is NO human 'SABBATH REST FROM SIN' because we stay sinners until we have died whether we rest the Sabbath Day or not.

Therefore there is NO 'SABBATH REST FROM SIN' of God's, since He never has been a sinner or has sins He could rest from or worse, could rest the Seventh or ANY day as were it 'GOD'S SABBATH REST FROM SIN'!

The rest here is ABIDING in Christ and the REST we have in him as we BELIEVE God's WORD and FOLLOW him. Matthew 11:28-30 and God's Sabbath rest are related but not the same. You cannot have one without the other. There is NO rest for those that are still in thier sins (Isaiah 57:20-21)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
Hebrews 4

Denied.
"God ON the Seventh Day rested"--"rested" as EVER "in Christ"--as EVER "in Christ" "by the Power of his Resurrection", "WHEN BY THE EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER GOD RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD AND RESTED HIM UP AGAIN AT HIS OWN RIGHT HAND IN HIS HEAVENLY MAJESTY!"

This has been where the Seventh Day has always enjoyed the DISTINCTION from of having been "the day The Seventh Day SABBATH REST DAY OF THE LORD GOD". "the Rest of God" which He "rested on the Seventh Day" was not the Seventh Day; it was God's WORK OF REST which "He WORKED", "on the Seventh Day", "the ULTIMATE OF HIS POWER WHICH GOD WORKED WHEN HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD".

The Seventh Day in Genesis 2 and 3 and Hebrews 4 is NO 'SABBATH REST OF CREATION'. Creation was just finished "very good" on the Sixth Day; and "the Seventh Day" was just man's second day, so how can it be a 'SABBATH REST OF CREATION'? It was "the day The Seventh Day", "OF THE LORD GOD" He rested on through WHAT HE DID on it, from "in the evening cool of day" in Genesis 3:8 until sunrise in verse 24 THROUGH JESUS CHRIST THAT DAY.

You do know that you are denying God's Word not mine here? Hebrews 4:1-5 that you are quoting from is God's Word. Your theory is not based on the scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
False! 'SABBATH REST' is only in verse "9 There remains a Sabbath-rest [Sabbatismos] to the PEOPLE of God".

Verse 10 has "Rest-of-GOD" - 'Katapausis tou Theou'. It does not have, 'Sabbatismos'.

How does your point nullify v9? Wait a min it doesn't

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Some; not everyone, because only some understand the matter thus. Many do not; God knows who are his.

Those that did not enter into God's rest did not enter in because of their UNBELIEF in God's WORD and because of their life of SIN.

Hebrews 3

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. Where have I ever demied that the 10 Commandments are a part of the OLD Covenant. They are indeed a part of the Old and NEW Covenant. Thanks for your answer it confirms as I mentioned earlier that you do not understand what the Old covenant is.
The Old Covenant is indeed made up of the God's LAW (10 Commandments) but it also includes the Mosaic laws of the book of the Covanant or Torah (Deut 31:9)

Both sets of laws together had different purposes and collectively made up the OLD Covenant.

God's LAW
was written and made by God alone on two tables of stone and spoken by God himself to his people and nothing was to be added to it. (God's LAW; Ex 32:16; 34:28; Deut 4:13; 10:4; Exodus 20; Romans 3:20, 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Ps 119:172; James 2:8-12; Hebrews 8:10-12; Gal 3:24; Deut 5:22; Ex 34:28; Deut 10:4 Ecc 3:14; Ex 25:16; Deut 10:5)

It is called God's LAW or the 10 Commandment, because he was the one alone who made it and commanded Moses to keep in separated from the book of the law in the Ark of the Covenant (Neh 10:29; Deut 10:4-5; Deut 31:25-26; Deut 4:13; Ex 34:28)

God's LAW was not made by Moses it was made by God alone on two tables of stone and nothing was to be added to it and it was to be separated from the Mosaic book of the law. That is why it is referred to in the scriptures as God's LAW or the 10 commandments (not the 613).

The Mosaic law was made and written and spoken by Moses as directed by God in the book of the covenant.
(Mosaic Book of the law; Deut 31:9; Ex 24:3-4; Deut 31:24-27; Col 2:14-17).

God not only commanded Moses to keep the 10 Commandments separated from the Mosaic book of the law in the Ark of the Covenant (Deut 10:5; 31:25-26;) but nothing was to be added to it (Deut 4:1-2; Deut 5:22)

God makes a distinction between the 10 Commandments and the book of the law of Moses….

2 Kings 21
Neither will I make the feet of Israel move any more out of the land which I gave their fathers; only if they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moses commanded them.

Do we need more scripture................

GODS LAW (10 commandments) ARE FOREVER

The Law of God (10 commandments) which includes the 4th commandment is the work of God (Exodus 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecclesiastes 3:14).
God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Psalms 19:7).
It is the very standard of the Old and New Covenants (Exodus 20:1:17, Hebrews 8:10-12).
God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Exodus 20:1-22). Jesus says Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away (Matthew 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Psalms 111:7-8, Revelation 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1 John 3:5-8, 1 John 2:3-4 etc.). The Law of God reveals sin to us so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4).It is the great standard of the judgement (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1 John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and the character of God and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood (Galatians 3:24; Revelation 1:5). Jesus came not to abolish the law, but to fulfil it ( Matt 5:17-20 ). The law is the embodiment of truth that instructs ( Rom 2:18-19 ). It is "holy" and "spiritual, " making sin known to us by defining it; therefore, Paul delights in it ( Romans 7:7-14Romans 7:22). The law is good if used properly ( 1 Tim 1:8 ), and is not opposed to the promises of God ( Gal 3:21 ). Faith does not make the law void, but the Christian establishes the law ( Rom 3:31 ), fulfilling its requirements by walking according to the Spirit ( Rom 8:4 ) through love ( Rom 13:10 ).

You cannot know the power of God or the Gospel of Grace without the 10 commandments. If there is NO LAW then you do not know what SIN is (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4). If you do not know what SIN is you have NO need of a Savior. If you have NO need of a Savior you have NO Salvation. If you have NO Salvation you are LOST because it is written.

Disagree? Where are your scriptures that you tell everyone you know? Only God's Word is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it.

WHO IS GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED (ISRAEL) FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE (Galatians 3:28-29).

No explanation needed, believe God's Word, and again..........

FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED (Romans 9:6).

FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Romans 2:28-29)

Gentiles are now grafted into God's Israel in the NEW COVENANT (Romans 11:13-23)

God's Israel are those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD.

BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more (Hebrews 8:10-12).

If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you are NOT a part of the NEW Covenant promise. God's LAW is to be written on the heart to LOVE and it is LOVE that is the POWER to fulfill God's LAW in those who BELIEVE.

Those that are still in their SINS do not KNOW God. SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7). Those who practice KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter God's KINGDOM because they do not LOVE and therefore do not FOLLOW him who loves all.

Seems God's Word disagrees with everything you are saying here. Did you know God also says.....

2 Timothy 3
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The OLD Testament and the NEW are the two great witnesses that agree with each other. Everything from the NEW Testament scriptures come from the OLD Testament. The Old Testament was the bible of Jesus and the Apostles. The NEW Testament does not do away with the OLD it comes from it.

Hope this is helpful and gives you a better understanding of the Old Covenant and the NEW

As dry and dead as the hills of Gilboa.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As dry and dead as the hills of Gilboa.

Simply denying God's WORD does not make it magically disappear. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed. It is the Word of God that will judge us all come judgement day (John 12:47-48)

SIN is the breaking of God's 10 Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:9-11; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟656,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I submit to all who tell us that we must obey the law given to Israel at Sinai that you must consider also the book of the law. Jesus plainly said in Matt 5 that not one jot or one tittle would pass from the law, (that was given at Sinai 613 commands), until all is completed finished or fulfilled ( pick which one you want). If indeed it is all fulfilled then Jesus has given us the go ahead and accept the new and better covenant that is not like the covenant given at Sinai. If Jesus failed to do all He came to do then all of the law is still binding on Israel. Paul agrees that Jesus indeed fulfilled all the law and it is not binding on anyone. Some choose to try to obey a few parts of the book of the law and cull the remainder. In fact, one command from the book of the law is so demanding according to one church that its prophet wrote the following: God's reserved resources are to be used in no such haphazard way. The tithe is the Lord's, and those who meddle with it will be punished with the loss of their heavenly treasure unless they repent. Let the work no longer be hedged up because the tithe has been diverted into various channels other than the one to which the Lord has said it should go. Provision is to be made for these other lines of work. They are to be sustained, but not from the tithe . God has not changed; the tithe is still to be used for the support of the ministry. The opening of new fields requires more ministerial efficiency than we now have, and there must be means in the treasury. {9T 249.4} "T" is for Testimonies nine volumes that can be found at Ellen G. White Writings in Multiple Languages

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.