are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What?? o_O

You seem to agree that the "holiday" in Colossians 2 is referring to the Jewish annual festivals, but then you completely ignored any reference to the "sabbath days" in Colossians 2.

Maybe your posts would not be so confusing if you can explain the distinction between the "holiday" in Colossians 2 and the "sabbath days" in Colossians 2:

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." (Colossians 2:16).
Yes any way the verses are sliced the 7th day sabbath is covered.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LGW are you going to answer this question? Its very on topic.
I doubt he will answer you.
He refuses to tell me, based on his understanding of scripture whether anyone can be in a saved state if they are not conscious they sin by failing to observe a specific Saturday sabbath

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello Stuart,

How are you today my friend? What error has been made? Please by all means prove with scripture that Romans 14 is talking about God's 7th Day Sabbath. The only references to food, fasting and Holy days given in God's Word is in reference to the Jewish annual feast days. We no longer need to keep them now because they all pointed to Jesus and were part of the laws of Moses in the Old Covenant.

If you believe that this is referring to God's 7th Day Sabbath commandment then prove it with scripture and make your case. Read the OP of the thread you will see what I am talking about is correct. If you have anything to talk about on the OP I am happy to talk with you further. If not then go make another topic somewhere. You haven't made a case for anything that you have said here in this thread. No one is telling you that you must keep the God's Law to be saved. Only you are saying this to make an argument that is not there. Wish you well :D

In Christ Always
What you're promoting is the false doctrine of your church, salvation by works. If a person doesn't keep the 7th day sabbath after being told are they committing willful sin? You don't keep the 7th day sabbath as outlined in Exodus 20.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I doubt he will answer you.
He refuses to tell me, based on his understanding of scripture whether anyone can be in a saved state if they are not conscious they sin by failing to observe a specific Saturday sabbath
He already said he won't. Thus dishonesty is proved.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just to be clear on this.
No one who goes to church on a Saturday obeys the TC, just as no one who goes to church on Sunday obeys them. People partially obey a watered down version of them.
If people want to believe they don't love God, and are therefore unsaved if they have:
Any Impure thoughts
Look at a woman with lust in their eye
Get angry with their brother
Covet/ desire anything( anything);that is not theirs to desire
Tell a fib
Build any graven image in their mind
Fail to always put God first, fail to be distracted from putting Him first, fail to always love him above all else
Fail to love all those they come into contact with including those who malign, persecute, hate or slander them( second greatest commandment)

That is up to them. I trust in and praise God for his unfailing love, forever and ever. ( Psalms52:8)

And I will just repeat. Jesus reserved his harshest words for the religious, who did not practice what they preached. They demanded of others what they did not demand of themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟661,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find LGW very elusive unless you agree with his agenda. He refuses to answer pointed questions and has never explained the following verses that refutes his theory that we must keep the 10 commandments.

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I find LGW very elusive unless you agree with his agenda. He refuses to answer pointed questions and has never explained the following verses that refutes his theory that we must keep the 10 commandments. 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Hi Bob,

I am not sure why you feel I have an agenda because I like sharing God's Word? I have indeed answered all of your questions in other threads with scripture. For those that are interested I post the links to where Bobs questions have indeed been answered. Your post in relation to 2Cor 3:7 has been clearly addressed with the Word of God in posts 325; 331; 335; 339 and 345.

What is sad is that you ignore all the scripture I send you because it does not fit your interpretation of it. If you feel the scriptures I send you seem to contradict your interpretation of the scriptures, this should be a warning sign to you because God's Word never contradicts itself. If you see scriptures that seem to contradict your interpretation of God's Word it is because maybe your understanding of God's Word is not correct.

This however is only a deflection because you cannot and will not address the OP in this thread which was also posted in the thread we are talking about in this current post. What is sad is that you close your eyes to the scriptures of this OP or post 325. The scriptures presented in this post could be a blessing to you and help bring you closer to Jesus. What is important for all of us to remember is that Jesus is the Word of God. I follow no man or woman or Church. I only follow Jesus who is the Word of God. If we reject God's Word we reject Jesus. If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak and I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. (John 12:47-50) I follow Jesus because I love him. The question that all of us need to consider is who do I follow?

What would be nice however is that we could talk about the OP in this thread and share scripture together. For some reason very few people want to do this.

In Christ Always

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok Guys,

I am going to continue on with the OP of this thread. If anyone wants to talk about other things please feel free to make your own thread. I am not interested in talking about your opinion unless you can share God's Word. I am happy to share God's Word with you. Also if you want to start a new thread topic I will visit there and be happy to share with you. If we can stay on the OP of this thread I think it would be a blessing to everyone here. :holy:

Ok I am going to share with you the Origin of Col 2 from Lev 23 so you can see the connections further with the references made in Col 2:14-17

PART 2

Col 2:14-17,

The Shadow Sabbaths in God's Word that were a Shadow of things to come..
Yes I am posting all of Lev 23 so people can see what was required as part of the duties of the annual Shadow Sabbaths and how it is exactly what Paul is referring to in Col 2:17
rolleyes.png

Lev 23:1, And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 23:2, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
Lev 23:3, Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

Lev 23:4, These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
Lev 23:5, In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover (feastival).
Lev 23:6, And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread (festival) unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
Lev 23:7, In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
Lev 23:8, But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

Lev 23:9, And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 23:10, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the first fruits (festival) of your harvest unto the priest:
Lev 23:11, And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.
Lev 23:12, And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD.
Lev 23:13, And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.
Lev 23:14, And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:15, And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
Lev 23:16, Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. (some of the shadow Sabbath requirements for First fruits no longer required)

Lev 23:17, Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.

Lev 23:18, And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD. (most of the festivals had meat and drink offerings also referred to in Col 2)

Lev 23:19, Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.
Lev 23:20, And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the first fruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.
Lev 23:21, And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.

Lev 23:22, And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God.

Lev 23:23, And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 23:24, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the "first day of the month" (NOTE: H2320 חדשׁ, chôdesh; kho'-desh; the new moon; by implication a month: - month (-ly), new moon) "shall ye have a sabbath" "(שׁבּתון, shabbâthôn, shab-baw-thone' a sabbatism or special holiday: - rest, sabbath. a memorial, A special Sabbath This Word is a different Hebrew word to that used for the 7th Day Sabbath) of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

Lev 23:25, Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Lev 23:26, And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 23:27, Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Lev 23:28, And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.
Lev 23:29, For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
Lev 23:30, And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.
Lev 23:31, Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:32, It shall be unto you a "sabbath of rest", "(שׁבּתון, shabbâthôn, shab-baw-thone' a sabbatism or special holiday: - rest, sabbath. a memorial. Different word to 7th Day Sabbath) and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

Lev 23:33, ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Lev 23:34, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD.
Lev 23:35, On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

Lev 23:36, Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.
Lev 23:37, These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:

Lev 23:38, Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.
Lev 23:39, Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: "on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.""(שׁבּתון, shabbâthôn, shab-baw-thone' a sabbatism or special holiday: - rest, sabbath. a memorial. Different word used to 7th Day Sabbath. It is a special feast Sabbath)

Lev 23:40, And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. (this is what was to be done on these feast Shadow Sabbaths)

Lev 23:41, And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

Lev 23:42, Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:
Lev 23:43, That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Lev 23:44, And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

All the above were called annual sabbaths because they had special connections and duty requirements with certain yearly feasts. In addition to the weekly Sabbaths (Lev. 23:3), there were seven annual, ceremonial sabbaths scattered through Israel's religious calendar. These yearly sabbaths were not directly related to the seventh-day Sabbath or the weekly cycle. These sabbaths, "beside the Sabbaths of the Lord" (Lev. 23:38), were the first and last days of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Day of Pentecost, the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement, and the first and last days of the Feast of Tabernacles (cf. Lev. 23:7, 8, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 35, 36).

Because the reckoning of these sabbaths depended on the beginning of the sacred year, which was based on the lunar calendar, they could fall on any day of the week. When they coincided with the weekly Sabbath, they were called "high days" (John 19:31). "While the weekly Sabbath was ordained at the close of Creation week for all mankind, the annual sabbaths were an integral part of the Jewish system of rites and ceremonies instituted at Mount Sinai, . . . which pointed forward to the coming of the Messiah, and the observance of which terminated with His death on the cross.

The connection with Col 2:16-17?

Lets look at it but we will look also at the context from verse 14...14 (context),"Blotting out the handwriting" (Greek = manuscript legal document G5495) of "ordinances" (G1378 δόγμα, dogma; dog'-mah = civil, ceremonial or ecclesiastical ordinance) that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; So the context is the blotting out of the civil, ceremonial and ecclesiastical laws. So Paul is not talking about any of God's 10 commandments or moral law as the Greek word used is Dogma. This is the Context in verse 14 and follows on to verses 16-17

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath day(s)

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.So comparing Leviticus Chapter 23 and looking at both the Hebrew and Greek in context of Col 2:14-17 it can be clearly shown that Paul is firstly referring to new moons, food and drink offerings, holy days and ceremonial annual Sabbaths (also called high Sabbaths (John 19:31) that all have their origin and connection to the annual feasts (e.g Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of First Fruits, Blowing of Trumpets, Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles) These were the Shadow Sabbaths referred to in Col 2:16 which were all pointing to Jesus and nailed to the cross. As the context is the ceremonial and ecclesiastical laws.

Hope this helps the faithful Bereans that want to follow God's Word

PART 1 in found in post 1

PART 2 is found here in post 149

PART 3 is found here in post 165

PART 4 in found in post 218

PART 5 is found in post 1639

God bless you all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok Guys,

I am going to continue on with the OP of this thread. If anyone wants to talk about other things please feel free to make your own thread. I am not interested in talking about your opinion unless you can share God's Word. I am happy to share God's Word with you. Also if you want to start a new thread topic I will visit there and be happy to share with you. If we can stay on the OP of this thread I think it would be a blessing to everyone here. :holy:

Ok I am going to share with you the Origin of Col 2 from Lev 23 so you can see the connections further with the references made in Col 2:14-17

PART 2

Yes I am posting all of Lev 23 so people can see what was required as part of the duties of the annual Shadow Sabbaths and how it is exactly what Paul is referring to in Col 2:17
rolleyes.png

Lev 23:2, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
Lev 23:3, Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

Lev 23:4, These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
Lev 23:5, In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover (feastival).
Lev 23:6, And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread (festival) unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
Lev 23:7, In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.
Lev 23:8, But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

Lev 23:10, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the first fruits (festival) of your harvest unto the priest:
Lev 23:11, And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.
Lev 23:12, And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD.
Lev 23:13, And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.
Lev 23:14, And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:15, And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
Lev 23:16, Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. (some of the shadow Sabbath requirements for First fruits no longer required)

Lev 23:17, Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.

Lev 23:18, And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD. (most of the festivals had meat and drink offerings also referred to in Col 2)

Lev 23:19, Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.
Lev 23:20, And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the first fruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.
Lev 23:21, And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.

Lev 23:22, And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God.

Lev 23:24, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the "first day of the month" (NOTE: H2320 חדשׁ, chôdesh; kho'-desh; the new moon; by implication a month: - month (-ly), new moon) "shall ye have a sabbath" "(שׁבּתון, shabbâthôn, shab-baw-thone' a sabbatism or special holiday: - rest, sabbath. a memorial, A special Sabbath This Word is a different Hebrew word to that used for the 7th Day Sabbath) of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

Lev 23:25, Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Lev 23:27, Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

Lev 23:28, And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.
Lev 23:29, For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
Lev 23:30, And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.
Lev 23:31, Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:32, It shall be unto you a "sabbath of rest", "(שׁבּתון, shabbâthôn, shab-baw-thone' a sabbatism or special holiday: - rest, sabbath. a memorial. Different word to 7th Day Sabbath) and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

Lev 23:34, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD.
Lev 23:35, On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

Lev 23:36, Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.
Lev 23:37, These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:

Lev 23:38, Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.
Lev 23:39, Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: "on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.""(שׁבּתון, shabbâthôn, shab-baw-thone' a sabbatism or special holiday: - rest, sabbath. a memorial. Different word used to 7th Day Sabbath. It is a special feast Sabbath)

Lev 23:40, And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. (this is what was to be done on these feast Shadow Sabbaths)

Lev 23:41, And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

Lev 23:42, Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths:
Lev 23:43, That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Lev 23:44, And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

All the above were called annual sabbaths because they had special connections and duty requirements with certain yearly feasts. In addition to the weekly Sabbaths (Lev. 23:3), there were seven annual, ceremonial sabbaths scattered through Israel's religious calendar. These yearly sabbaths were not directly related to the seventh-day Sabbath or the weekly cycle. These sabbaths, "beside the Sabbaths of the Lord" (Lev. 23:38), were the first and last days of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Day of Pentecost, the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement, and the first and last days of the Feast of Tabernacles (cf. Lev. 23:7, 8, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 35, 36).

Because the reckoning of these sabbaths depended on the beginning of the sacred year, which was based on the lunar calendar, they could fall on any day of the week. When they coincided with the weekly Sabbath, they were called "high days" (John 19:31). "While the weekly Sabbath was ordained at the close of Creation week for all mankind, the annual sabbaths were an integral part of the Jewish system of rites and ceremonies instituted at Mount Sinai, . . . which pointed forward to the coming of the Messiah, and the observance of which terminated with His death on the cross.

The connection with Col 2:16-17?

Lets look at it but we will look also at the context from verse 14...14 (context),"Blotting out the handwriting" (Greek = manuscript legal document G5495) of "ordinances" (G1378 δόγμα, dogma; dog'-mah = civil, ceremonial or ecclesiastical ordinance) that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; So the context is the blotting out of the civil, ceremonial and ecclesiastical laws. So Paul is not talking about any of God's 10 commandments or moral law as the Greek word used is Dogma. This is the Context in verse 14 and follows on to verses 16-17

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath day(s)

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.So comparing Leviticus Chapter 23 and looking at both the Hebrew and Greek in context of Col 2:14-17 it can be clearly shown that Paul is firstly referring to new moons, food and drink offerings, holy days and ceremonial annual Sabbaths (also called high Sabbaths (John 19:31) that all have their origin and connection to the annual feasts (e.g Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of First Fruits, Blowing of Trumpets, Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles) These were the Shadow Sabbaths referred to in Col 2:16 which were all pointing to Jesus and nailed to the cross. As the context is the ceremonial and ecclesiastical laws.

Hope this helps the faithful Bereans that want to follow God's Word

God bless you all.
Yeah, the SDA minister at the church I visited told me Leviticus was an extremely important book to his denomination. He didn't seem that impressed when I told him I found it one of the most boring books to read!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Copy pasting huge amounts of the letter prove nothing. Many do it with opposing views on subjects. Mormons, jws and Muslims do it also!
But as SDA must believe the Jerusalem Church gave gentiles a licence to sin( acts ch15) by not stating they must avoid the Levitical unclean foods, so people today try and tell you, you commit sin, or seek a licence to sin by not observing a set Saturday sabbath.
It's the result of a superfluous, or musguided understanding of the partial letter.
Which is why people state observing the law is the requirement to be in a saved state.
For to say, you can only be in a saved state if you observe the law, for this proves you love Jesus, is I am afraid simply preaching:
Observe the law to be righteous/ justified before God.
The NC is not understood by a superficial understanding of the letter

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Friend,

What I have posted above is the result of my own bible study and time with Jesus. It is no one else's work but my own. I share it with you because I love God's Word. Even if anyone posts something from someone else if it is the truth just because it may have been cut and paste does not make it error. Anyhow the above and the OP is my own bible study and time with Jesus. So I share it with you all because I love God's Word

In Christ Always

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Friend,

What I have posted above is the result of my own bible study and time with Jesus. It is no one else's work but my own. I share it with you because I love God's Word. Even if anyone posts something from someone else if it is the truth just because it may have been cut and paste does not make it error. Anyhow the above and the OP is my own bible study and time with Jesus. So I share it with you all because I love God's Word

In Christ Always
Where did I suggest otherwise than you stated your own opinions?
I referred to copy pasting concerning a huge amount of verses of scripture

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟661,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Bob,

I am not sure why you feel I have an agenda because I like sharing God's Word? I have indeed answered all of your questions in other threads with scripture.
Then I will tell you so that you can be sure. Your agenda is to try to make us believe that we must observe the Sabbath of the old covenant weekly, the one given only to Israel. Your long exhortation on Col 2 trying to explain that the Sabbath term used in verse 16 does not mean weekly. Your refusal to discuss the fact that Paul used the term transitory to describe the tablets written on stone and that they are no longer our guide are a few of the reasons I believe you have an agenda. And, of course, your refusal to answer questions. Your agenda supersedes anything I have to say.

For those that are interested I post the links to where Bobs questions have indeed been answered. Your post in relation to 2Cor 3:7 has been clearly addressed with the Word of God in posts 325; 331; 335; 339 and 345.
That is far from the truth as you can plainly see.

What is sad is that you ignore all the scripture I send you because it does not fit your interpretation of it.
I told you to begin with that I would not answer your post until some other verses that oppose your theory are cleared up. So far your refusal to evaluate those scriptures Makes me believe either you cannot or you know that those verses negate your post and you refuse to admit your mistake.

If you feel the scriptures I send you seem to contradict your interpretation of the scriptures

, this should be a warning sign to you because God's Word never contradicts itself.
If you would be honest and study the scriptures I have presented you would know there is no contradiction.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Friend,

In Christ Always
The following is the opinions I have from studying Gods word, for i also love to share it. The core foundation upon which the NC stands is as follows:
This is the covenant I will make with them after that time says the Lord
I will write my laws in their minds and place them in their hearts
Then he adds
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more
Heb10:16&17

Only because the law is written in the believers mind and placed on their heart can they have a saviour from sin. For what is in your heart you in your heart want to follow. Jesus will be no one's saviour from sin unless the law is in the heart of the believer. For he will be no one's saviour from sin unless they desire to live as his father wants them to
Paul many times echoes this core foundation upon which the NC stands, for he repeatedly states the Christian is not under law. If Jesus only died for past sins, you MUST live under a righteousness of observing the law. Paul relentlessly states you don't. Confirming: Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more.
Many who don't understand the NC then say you preach a licence to sin. However, no one with the law in their heart can seek such a licence. In fact the very opposite is true:
The power of sin is the law 1cor15:56

What happens if you take some things power away? It must weaken.
Hence, the born again Christians heartfelt desire to obey can now come to fruition, for what opposes obedience( sin) was dealt a crushing blow by Christ dying to remove it's true power from the believers life( a law of righteousness) Hence:
Do we then nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather we uphold the law
Rom3:31

For sin shall no longer be your master for you are not under law but under grace
Rom6:14

Two points.
1) It is not to understand the NC at its core, if you believe you understand which law God desires you to follow by reading the letter of scripture, for the law is within you. It is, or should be a futile exercise to try and convince others of which law God desires them to follow by quoting the letter of scripture to them, for, the law is within them.

2)Those who say you can only be in a saved state if you obey the TC, don't understand the NC

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As this relates directly to the thread I will repeat it.

It should be a futile exercise to quote the letter of scripture to believers to try and convince them of which law God desires them to follow. For that law is within the believer, it is in their most inward parts, it is written in their mind and placed on their heart.
Anyone who believes they must read the letter if the OT law given at Sanai in order to know which law God desires them to follow, doesn't understand the NC at its core, for the law is within the believer.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Friend,

In Christ Always
I will just make one more point concerning this subject, and it comes in two parts.
We do agree on something. You inferred to me if I love Jesus I will observe a specific seventh day sabbath. And if I don't, according to your doctrine I could not be saved because I show I don't love Jesus. We agree, in respect of. If God desires the believer to observe a specific Saturday sabbath, you cannot be a Christian if you don't observe it. Absolutely. For you would be in wilfull rebellion against what has been written in your mind and placed on your heart.
Now I don't know what denomination you are. However, SDA official doctrine disagrees with you and I. For they accept as Christians people who don't observe a set Saturday sabbath and have no consciousness they sin by doing so. So we both know they are wrong to believe that. And they are wrong because they do not understand the NC at its core.

Secondly. The SDA insist all gentile converts must avoid the Levitical unclean foods. That law still applies to all Christians. In Acts ch15 the Jerusalem Church met to discuss which Jewish laws gentile converts should be asked to follow. four laws only were decided on. Three of which are widely believed to have been to appease Jewish legalists who had become Christians. They did NOT ask gentiles to avoid eating the Levitical unclean foods. Therefore, if SDA are correct, and that law still applies, then the Jerusalem Church gave gentile converts a licence to sin. You and I know that is ridiculous, which proves the error again in SDA belief.
Therefore sda are demanding people obey laws the Christian church did not ask believers to obey in the first century in respect of avoiding unclean foods. So clearly they do not understand correctly the law God desires the Christian to follow under the NC. And they are a church who insist you must also observe a set Saturday sabbath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Bob,

I am not sure why you feel I have an agenda because I like sharing God's Word? I have indeed answered all of your questions in other threads with scripture. For those that are interested I post the links to where Bobs questions have indeed been answered. Your post in relation to 2Cor 3:7 has been clearly addressed with the Word of God in posts 325; 331; 335; 339 and 345.

What is sad is that you ignore all the scripture I send you because it does not fit your interpretation of it. If you feel the scriptures I send you seem to contradict your interpretation of the scriptures, this should be a warning sign to you because God's Word never contradicts itself. If you see scriptures that seem to contradict your interpretation of God's Word it is because maybe your understanding of God's Word is not correct.

This however is only a deflection because you cannot and will not address the OP in this thread which was also posted in the thread we are talking about in this current post. What is sad is that you close your eyes to the scriptures of this OP or post 325. The scriptures presented in this post could be a blessing to you and help bring you closer to Jesus. What is important for all of us to remember is that Jesus is the Word of God. I follow no man or woman or Church. I only follow Jesus who is the Word of God. If we reject God's Word we reject Jesus. If any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejects me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak and I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. (John 12:47-50) I follow Jesus because I love him. The question that all of us need to consider is who do I follow?

What would be nice however is that we could talk about the OP in this thread and share scripture together. For some reason very few people want to do this.

In Christ Always
All these words and not a single thing in response to the question, not even a c&p. What we really have is a request of busy work chasing down posts from you.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok Guys,

PART 2

rolleyes.png

All the above were called annual sabbaths because they had special connections and duty requirements with certain yearly feasts.
All except verse 3 which is clearly about the weekly sabbath. All feast or festival sabbath started and ended with the weekly sabbath. The lunar calendar also affected the sabbath day.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As this relates directly to the thread I will repeat it.

It should be a futile exercise to quote the letter of scripture to believers to try and convince them of which law God desires them to follow. For that law is within the believer, it is in their most inward parts, it is written in their mind and placed on their heart.
Anyone who believes they must read the letter if the OT law given at Sanai in order to know which law God desires them to follow, doesn't understand the NC at its core, for the law is within the believer.
That law is love. That law isn't issued from Sinai.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.