Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The law is within you, it is written in your mind and placed on your heart. It is part of your DNA so to speak.
And Christians who have the law in their minds know what that law is, for you in your mind must know what is in your mind.
And born again believers in their heart want to obey what has been placed their.
The religious just keep quoting:
You must obey the law/TC
Futile statements to those born again of the Holy Spirit

You have the Law available to you, so you know what things God has revealed to be holy, righteous, and good, and what things He has revealed to be sin, are you are told in the New Covenant to do what is holy, righteous, and good and to refrain from sin, so you can't claim ignorance of the Law as an excuse, and if you are not led to do what God has revealed to be holy, righteous, and good and to refrain from sin, then straightforwardly something is terribly wrong.

Yep
Sin is the transgression of the law. Therefore if you observe the law you do not commit sin. If you fail to observe the law you do commit sin:

Therefore no one will be declared righteous/ justified in his sight by observing the law/ not committing sin, rather through the law we become conscious of sin
Rom3:20

If you agree that you commit sin when you fail to observe the Law, and you agree that we should not sin, then you should agree that we should obey the Law. God had many reasons for giving the Law, but providing the means of becoming righteous was never one of them, and it does not follow that because we shouldn't obey the Law in order to become righteous that therefore we shouldn't obey the Law.

Upvote 0

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You all do know that the "Law", i.e. "Torah" means "teaching and instruction" right?

Now how does this sound; "I am not under God's teaching and instruction".

Pretty bad huh?

Put it in proper perspective, the law is not a way TO life, it is a way OF life.

I could go on about the Teachings and Instructions of God being holy, good and spiritual but I hope we all know that.

Can we agree on something and really confuse the devil?

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have the Law available to you, so you know what things God has revealed to be holy, righteous, and good, and what things He has revealed to be sin, are you are told in the New Covenant to do what is holy, righteous, and good and to refrain from sin, so you can't claim ignorance of the Law as an excuse, and if you are not led to do what God has revealed to be holy, righteous, and good and to refrain from sin, then straightforwardly something is terribly wrong.

If you agree that you commit sin when you fail to observe the Law, and you agree that we should not sin, then you should agree that we should obey the Law. God had many reasons for giving the Law, but providing the means of becoming righteous was never one of them, and it does not follow that because we shouldn't obey the Law in order to become righteous that therefore we shouldn't obey the Law.
My friend every Christian must have heartfelt conviction they commit sin when they wilfully transgress the law placed in their heart. For:
Through the law we become conscious if sin. Rom3:20
You cannot be a Christian unless the law has been placed in your heart.
Therefore, if you are correct in your views, God must have placed the mosaic law in full in believers hearts( that which can possibly be followed.)
Therefore, anyone who has no heartfelt conviction they sin by failing to observe it, cannot be in a saved state.
Which means, when you worshipped in a Baptist church, according to your beliefs you were in a condemned state at the time, as was everyone else who worshipped there with you

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If you understood the outworking of the core foundation upon which the NC stands you would have to consider me in an unsaved state, according to your beliefs.
I joined this website to debate/ chat to fellow Christians, I guess you are happy to debate the bible with those you should, according to your beliefs consider non christians

A Christian is by definition a follower of Christ. Christ set a perfect example for his followers to follow of how to walk in obedience to God's Law, and we are told to walk in the same way that he walked (1 John 3:6) and to follow his example (2 Peter 2:21-22). It is up to you whether you want to be a follower of Christ. You agree that the Law was given to make us conscious of sin, yet you don't think you need to obey the law, so you feel free to do what God has revealed to be sin, and the Bible instructs to gently restore those who are caught in sin (Galatians 6:1). I'm trying to tell you that you can have victory over sin, but you seem to prefer to go back to the Lawlessness that Christ gave himself to redeem you from.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What business it is of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
1cor5:12
BTW

I have never judged whether anyone who claims to be in a saved state is in one.
Strange you should write about obeying/ believing what Jesus said:

When he( the holy spirit) comes he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgement.
In regard to sin because men do not believe in me. In regard to righteousness because I am going to my father and you will see me no longer. In regard to judgement because the prince of this world now stands condemned
John16:8-11

So who is convicting you of your beliefs?

Enjoy your dinner

ago, all those same people are slowly

The Christian has no righteousness of observing the law/ not committing sin, according to your correct definition of sin, and my scriptural quote

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Christian is by definition a follower of Christ. Christ set a perfect example for his followers to follow of how to walk in obedience to God's Law, and we are told to walk in the same way that he walked (1 John 3:6) and to follow his example (2 Peter 2:21-22). It is up to you whether you want to be a follower of Christ. You agree that the Law was given to make us conscious of sin, yet you don't think you need to obey the law, so you feel free to do what God has revealed to be sin, and the Bible instructs to gently restore those who are caught in sin (Galatians 6:1). I'm trying to tell you that you can have victory over sin, but you seem to prefer to go back to the Lawlessness that Christ gave himself to redeem you from.
Your above post shows you do not understand the truth of the NC Christ died to usher in

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quote where I stated I am free to do what God has revealed to be sin.
According to your beliefs, the leaders of the Christian church in the first century gave gentile converts a licence to sin. So as you believe they gave a licence to sin, no wonder you believe I seek the same

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good morning all (my time) :D

The gift of God is for all. God calls his people to repentance from breaking His Law but never forces anyone to do anything. In times of ignorance God ‘winks at but when a knowledge of the truth comes calls all men everywhere to repentance. From Genesis to revelations the judgements of God have only ever been given to mankind because of unrepentant sin. As it was in the days of Noah and Sodom so shall it be when the son of man cometh. If anyone continues in unrepentant sin is this person saved or lost at His coming? Are they a believer or an unbeliever? Who are saved the believers or the unbelievers? If God asks me as a believer to do something and I do not do it, am I a believer or an unbeliever?

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent:

1 John 3:4
Sin is the transgression of God’s Law

Romans 6:23
The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life though Christ Jesus our Lord

Proverbs 28:13
He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.

Isaiah 55:6-7,
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

The 7th Day Sabbath is one of the 10 commandments given to us by God himself. Jesus asks us to keep it and we should follow the Word of God over the traditions of man. Sunday Worship is a man made tradition and God has not commanded us to keep this day as a Holy day in all of the Bible. Who do we follow God or man?

In Christ!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good morning all (my time) :D

The gift of God is for all. God calls his people to repentance from breaking His Law but never forces anyone to do anything. In times of ignorance God ‘winks at but when a knowledge of the truth comes calls all men everywhere to repentance. From Genesis to revelations the judgements of God have only ever been given to mankind because of unrepentant sin. As it was in the days of Noah and Sodom so shall it be when the son of man cometh. If anyone continues in unrepentant sin is this person saved or lost at His coming? Are they a believer or an unbeliever? Who are saved the believers or the unbelievers? If God asks me as a believer to do something and I do not do it, am I a believer or an unbeliever?

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent:

1 John 3:4
Sin is the transgression of God’s Law

Romans 6:23
The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life though Christ Jesus our Lord

Pro 28:13
He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.

Isa 55:6-7,
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

The 7th Day Sabbath is one of the 10 commandments given to us by God himself. Jesus asks us to keep it and we should follow the Word of God over the traditions of man. Sunday Worship is a man made tradition and God has not commanded us to keep this day as a Holy day in all of the Bible. Who do we follow God or man?

In Christ!
The discerning do not follow people on the internet who follow after the written code rather than the Holy Spirit. For you cannot do both( rom7:6)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God only gives the Holy Spirit to those that obey him

Act 5:32,
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
Well you cannot be a Christian unless the Holy Spirit dwells in you( rom8:9)
So what is your latest belief. We must firstly live a holy life, without the Spirits help to show we live God, only then will the holy spirit be given?
People who obey God where it matters most do not demand of others what they do not demand if themselves

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My friend every Christian must have heartfelt conviction they commit sin when they wilfully transgress the law placed in their heart. For:
Through the law we become conscious if sin. Rom3:20
You cannot be a Christian unless the law has been placed in your heart.
Therefore, if you are correct in your views, God must have placed the mosaic law in full in believers hearts( that which can possibly be followed.)
Therefore, anyone who has no heartfelt conviction they sin by failing to observe it, cannot be in a saved state.
Which means, when you worshipped in a Baptist church, according to your beliefs you were in a condemned state at the time, as was everyone else who worshipped there with you

If you can't be a Christian unless the Law has been placed in your heart and the law is not place in your heart, then something is wrong. You should be convicted by doing the things that God has made you conscious are sin. In Leviticus 4:2, sin offerings were only for unintentional sins, so it is possible to sin without being aware of it. In Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus told those who were workers of Lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, and according to 1 John 3:4, sin is the transgression of the Law, and whoever continues to practice Lawlessness has neither seen nor known him, yet these verses are not talk about people who obey much of the Law, but not other parts. In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus said warned that those who relaxed the lead of the Law or taught others to do the same would be called least in the Kingdom, but that means that they at least will still be in the Kingdom. So people from my old church are still saved, yet they are not in full accordance with the relationship that God desires to have with them.

Quote where I stated I am free to do what God has revealed to be sin.
According to your beliefs, the leaders of the Christian church in the first century gave gentile converts a licence to sin. So as you believe they gave a licence to sin, no wonder you believe I seek the same

That is what follows from what you have said. If the Law was given to make you conscious of sin and you do not think you need to obey the Law, then it follows that you think that you are free to do what God has revealed to be sin.

The leaders of the Christ church of 1st century not spoke in favor of anyone disobeying any of God's laws. If you think that the they permit Gentiles to transgress God's Law, then it is you who believes that they gave them a licence to sin.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you can't be a Christian unless the Law has been placed in your heart and the law is not place in your heart, then something is wrong. You should be convicted by doing the things that God has made you conscious are sin. In Leviticus 4:2, sin offerings were only for unintentional sins, so it is possible to sin without being aware of it. In Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus told those who were workers of Lawlessness to depart refrom him because he never knew them, and according to 1 John 3:4, sin is the transgression of the Law, and whoever continues to practice Lawlessness has neither seen nor known him, yet these verses are not talk about people who obey much of the Law, but not other parts. In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus said warned that those who relaxed the lead of the Law or taught others to do the same would be called least in the Kingdom, but that means that they at least will still be in the Kingdom. So people from my old church are still saved, yet they are not in full accordance with the relationship that God desires to have with them.

That is what follows from what you have said. If the Law was given to make you conscious of sin and you do not think you need to obey the Law, then it follows that you think that you are free to do what God has revealed to be sin.

The leaders of the Christ church of 1st century not spoke in favor of anyone disobeying any of God's laws. If you think that the they permit Gentiles to transgress God's Law, then it is you who believes that they gave them a licence to sin.
Wrong. The law was not written on the mind and placed in the heart of people under the OC. It is specific to the NC( Jeremiah ch31)

And:
Through the law you become conscious of sin Rom3:20

You may believe under the NC Christians can live a continuous wilfull sinfull lifestyle without conscience. I do not

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well you cannot be a Christian unless the Holy Spirit dwells in you( rom8:9)
So what is your latest belief. We must firstly live a holy life, without the Spirits help to show we live God, only then will the holy spirit be given?
People who obey God where it matters most do not demand of others what they do not demand if themselves

Jesus says;

John 3:6-8,
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind blows where it list, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wrong. The law was not written on the mind and placed in the heart of people under the OC. It is specific to the NC( Jeremiah ch31)
And:Through the law you become conscious if sin Rom3:20 You may believe under the NC Christians can live a continuous wilfull sinfull lifestyle without conscience. I do not

People in the old Covenant were saved in the same way as we are saved in the New Covenant by Faith in God's Word

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People in the old Covenant were saved in the same we as we are saved in the New Covenant by Faith in God's Word
I know your view. You are not saved by obeying the law. But you can only be in a saved state if you obey the law
Enough said

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you do not obey him you do not know him

1Jo 3:6,
Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him.

I know your view. You are not saved by obeying the law. But you can only be in a saved state if you obey the law
Enough said

It is the work of God as we have Faith in God's Word because we are sinners in need of a Savior

John 3:6-8

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind blows where it list, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot tell where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you do not obey him you do not know him

1Jo 3:6,
Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him.

It is the work of God as we have Faith in God's Word
My friend, as I Keep telling you. You can randomly quote .much of the letter, but you cannot discern the true message contained in the letter you partially quote

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We are saved by the faith we have in God's Word. If we neglect God's Word we neglect our salvation

John 17:17

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me,1 and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are saved by the faith we have in God's Word. If we neglect God's Word we neglect our salvation

John 17:17

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Sin is the transgression of the law, as you continually QUOTE

Therefore no one will be declared righteous/ justified in his sight by observing the law/ not committing sin. Rather through the law we become conscious of sin
Rom3:20

And Paul goes on repeating it

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.