Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In over forty years of going to various denominational churches, including one which had their services on Saturdays, I have met not one person who even tried to obey each and every command of Christ in the gospels. But many on the internet quote John 14:15 in that regard.
Are a few on the Internet more obedient, live far more holy lives than those who attend churches but don't debate on the internet? Or, should we be a wee bit circumspect in regard to what people tap out on computer keyboards?
Hmmmmm

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I will answer the question for you. Paul was including the TC in what he stated in rom ch7:4-6
Absolutely it is talking about God's Law, now with that in mind, go and have another read of my testimony (before the counterfeit Gospel section) and tell me how it does not answer your question? :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely it is talking about God's Law, now with that in mind, go and have another read of my testimony (before the counterfeit Gospel section) and tell me how it does not answer your question? :oldthumbsup:
My friend you cannot forthrightly respond to simple questions put, that is obvious.
Let me tell you something. Those who relentlessly stress:
You must obey the TC

have a very limited, at best understanding of the NC.
The law God desires a person to follow is in their mind, so they instinctively in their mind know what they law is, and in their heart they want to obey it for that is where the law gas been placed
All you do by repeatedly stating:
You must obey the TC
Is to make honest, sincere and humble folk feel even worse for their shortcomings than they already do.
And in my vast experience( I am nearly sixty) those who most earnestly Keep repeating: you must obey the TC, with the inference heaven hinges on it, least reflect in their lives what Christ termed the higher points of the law

• Agree
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In over forty years of going to various denominational churches, including one which had their services on Saturdays, I have met not one person who even tried to obey each and every command of Christ in the gospels. But many on the internet quote John 14:15 in that regard. Are a few on the Internet more obedient, live far more holy lives than those who attend churches but don't debate on the internet? Or, should we be a wee bit circumspect in regard to what people tap out on computer keyboards? Hmmmmm

Maybe this is where some confusion lies. None of us are obedient not one! All of our righteousness is as filthy rags (read my testimony) It is not until you come to Jesus just as you are full of sin as a sinner in need of a Saviour completely depending on the Word of God to do what it says it will do that we have salvation. As we received Christ Jesus the Lord we are to walk in him. The just shall live by faith! God's commandments are no longer commandments by faith they are now God's promises to us. Before we could not but now we can because he works in us through love. By grace are you saved through faith and not of yourself it is a gift of God. Jesus wants to save us from our sins not in sin. I think what you are failing to see is that it is God's Law that brings us to Jesus so he can save us.

In Christ always

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe this is where some confusion lies. None of us are obedient not one! All of our righteousness is as filthy rags (read my testimony) It is not until you come to Jesus just as you are full of sin as a sinner in need of a Saviour completely depending on the Word of God to do what it says it will do that we have salvation. As we received Christ Jesus the Lord we are to walk in him. The just shall live by faith! God's commandments are no longer commandments by faith they are now God's promises to us. Before we could not but now we can because he works in us through love. By grace are you saved through faith and not of yourself it is a gift of God. Jesus wants to save us from our sins not in sin.

In Christ always
My friend, you do not even try to obey each and every literal command of Christ in the gospels, does that mean you do not love Christ according to your quoting John 14:15?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My friend, you do not even try to obey each and every literal command of Christ in the gospels, does that mean you do not love Christ according to your quoting John 14:15?
In the past this was true because I had no desire to follow God and no matter how hard I tried to keep God's Law the more I saw myself as a sinner. God's Law brought me to Jesus all undone with all my filthy rags. It was at the cross that I met Jesus for the first time in my life. When I came to Jesus everything changed in my life. Now it is because I love Jesus that I keep his commandments. It is by the faith that I have in His promises that he saves me from my sins. Do you love Jesus Stuart you have not answered me?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually it is only because I love Jesus that I keep his commandments. It is by the faith that I have in His promises that he saves me. Do you love Jesus Stuart you have not answered me?
Well, I have to assume you believe I am heathen and unsaved, for you lack the confidence to directly answer my oft repeated question. So I'm sure, as you believe I am heathen and unsaved I do not love Jesus, so why ask me the question?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, I have to assume you believe I am heathen and unsaved, for you lack the confidence to directly answer my oft repeated question. So I'm sure, as you believe I am heathen and unsaved I do not love Jesus, so why ask me the question?
As I said earlier maybe you assume too much? Those thoughts have not even entered my mind to be honest :)

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I said earlier maybe you assume too much? Those thoughts have not even entered my mind to be honest :)
To be honest, you have a shallow understanding I'm afraid, that's why you have to avoid answering my questions.
You look to the letter and hinge everything in it, but fail to see the spiritual message contained in it.
The problem then is, you must preach what you do not practice. And you claim to obey Christ's commands when you do not even try and obey them all.
Be very careful my friend. Jesus reserved his harshest words for the religious, who did not practice what they preached

• Agree
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The enlightened of course know they are not expected to look to each and every literal command of Christ and strive to obey them all:Carry each others burdens( love them) and so FULFILL the law of Christ Gal6:2
Maybe you misunderstand as I am not saying at all the we get salvation from trying to obey every literal command of Christ and I have never said such things in any of my posts. We are saved however as we have Faith in God's Word. It is God's Word that changes us as we have complete dependence and faith in His Word to do what they say they will do. God's Law brings us to the stage of complete dependence and faith is the victory :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you misunderstand as I am not saying at all the we get salvation from trying to obey every literal command of Christ and I have never said such things in any of my posts. We are saved however as we have Faith in God's Word. It is God's Word that changes us as we have complete dependence and faith in them to do what they say they will do. God's Law brings us to the stage of complete dependence.
Once again you do not properly address the post you are responding to. The post said nothing about attaining salvation by obeying Christ's commands in the gospels

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Everything that has been share with you is summed up in a few words...
LOVE is the fulfilling of God's Law (Romans 13:10). We can have this experience as we have faith in God's Word. You cannot find it until you come to Jesus and seek him through His Word :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOVE is the fulfilling of God's Law (Romans 13:10)
You cannot find it until you come to Jesus
The power of sin is the law 1cor15:56

What happens if you remove something's power? It must weaken. Hence:
For sin shall no longer be your master, for you are not under law but under grace
Rom6:14

Pauls core gospel message summed up in a nutshell.
I agree BTW
Love is the fulfillment of the law

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOVE is the fulfilling of God's Law (Romans 13:10)
You cannot find it until you come to Jesus
When my mother, who I dearly loved was diagnosed terminally ill with cancer, my wife and I went to look after her in her home during her illness.
During that time I put aside my own wants and desires for my mothers. My happiness was seeing her happy. Taking her to visit friends, bring friends to see her, before the illness worsened and prevented her going out. During that time I did not covet what was my mothers. I did not want to steal from her, murder her, bear false witness against her and I honoured her. Did I act this way towards my mother, for i looked to and concentrated on some of the TC and strove to obey them? NO! I never once gave any of them any thought while I cared for my mother. So why was adherence to those laws being reflected in my life? Because I loved my mother dearly.

Love is the fulfillment of the law

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Many say:
Look to the letter of the law and concentrate on obeying it, with the inference that is your rightstanding/ righteousness before God. Paul says: All we need is faith working through love
Gal5:6

Friend I do not think anyone is saying to look to the letter of the Law for your salvation. You are right love works through faith. If you love .... you will keep God's commandments because Love fulfills God's Law in us we was walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (John 14:15; Rom 8:1-9;13:9-10; Eze 36:26-27):D

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Friend I do not think anyone is saying to look to the letter of the Law for your salvation. You are right love works through faith. If you love .... you will keep God's commandments because Love fulfills God's Law in us we was walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (John 14:15; Rom 8:1-9;13:9-10; Eze 36:26-27):D
But your salvation hinges on observing the law. Therefore you are righteous in God's sight by observing the law

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But your salvation hinges on observing the law. Therefore you are righteous in God's sight by observing the law

No it does not who told you that? Where have you read in anything I have posted that says this? o_O
Maybe you have a misunderstanding. If you read my testimony I think this makes it very clear that what you say is not true don't you think? Read it again ... the section before the Counterfeit Gospel.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.