✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, so with this in mind

So now under the new covenant when God changes our heart; we now will love God and our neighbour.
if we love God we will not steal
if we love God we will not murder

"This IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments" 1 John 5:2-3

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If it is not too difficult to obey what the law commands, if anyone can obey the law, why did Paul term the TC the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation?

According to Deuteronomy 30:15-20, the Law is a ministry of life and blessing for obedience and and ministry death and cursing for disobedience, so choose life! In Proverbs 3:18, the law is a tree of life for all who take hold of her. In Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that if we want to enter life, then obey the commandments. Yet, according to Galatians 3:21, if the law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the Law. So how to reconcile these verses?

The distinction between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law is reflected in modern discussions about law enforcement and does not refer to whether or not someone obeys the law, but to the manner in which they obey the law in regard to whether or not they seek to obey exactly how it is written without regard to its intent. Since the beginning with God walking with Adam in Garden, God has always wanted to have a relationship with us and everything in the Bible is there to teach us about God and how to have a relationship with Him based on faith. There are many verse that describe the Mosaic Covenant as a marriage between God and Israel, such with God describing Himself as a husband to her (Jeremiah 31:32) or with her unfaithfulness is often described as adultery, etc., so the intent of the Mosaic Law is to teach us how to walk in His ways and have an intimate relationship with Him based on faith. As Jesus said, faith is one of the weightier matters of the Law (Matthew 23:23).

God has always disdained it when people honored him with their lips while their hearts were far from him (Isaiah 29:13), so obedience to God has always been a matter of the heart. Someone who made an offering without repenting and drawing close to God was completely missing the whole point doing nothing more than slaughtering an animal. In Matthew 7:21-23, the Pharisees were doing good things, yet were considered to be Lawless because the whole point of the Law in a relationship with Christ and he said he didn't know them. Paul counted this outward obedience without being focusing on growing in a relationship with Christ to be rubbish (Philippians 3:8). In Romans 9:32 - Romans 10:10, the reason why Israel failed to obtain righteousness was not because they did what God commanded and He gave them faulty instructions, but rather the problem was that they misunderstood the purpose of the Law pursued it as though righteousness were by works in trying to establish their own instead of pursuing the Law as though righteousness were by faith through a relationship with Christ. The goal of the Law has always been a relationship with Christ for righteousness for everyone who has faith (Romans 10:4).

So outward obedience to the letter of the Law without regard to its intent brings death because it is missing the whole point and therefore just as Lawless as disobedience to the Law. The key element has always been faith and it is a relationship with God based on faith that brings life, so the verses that speak about the obedience to the Law bringing life are speaking about the obedience of faith, whereas Galatians is speaking about obedience that is not of faith.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When Jesus stated:
If you love me obey my commandments

In your view, what was he referring to?

Not that this has anything to do with the thread's topic, but...

John wrote that Jesus was speaking to his disciples, to whom he had already given specific commands. He hoped they would continue to follow his teaching, even when he wasn't with them.

As you probably know, it makes no sense to take a single sentence out of context with no regard for the time and place, the speaker, the audience, etc.

Rather than changing the subject, why won't you answer my questions?

So Christ hasn't issued any commands since his death? (Excepting Paul's experience on the road to Damascus and the things he heard directly from the Lord after that.) Our Lord has been silent for 2000+ years?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

John wrote that Jesus was speaking to his disciples, to whom he had already given specific commands. He hoped they would continue to follow his teaching, even when he wasn't with them.

As you probably know, it makes no sense to take a single sentence out of context with no regard for the time and place, the speaker, the audience, etc.

So Christ hasn't issued any commands since his death? (Excepting Paul's experience on the road to Damascus and the things he heard directly from the Lord after that.) Our Lord has been silent for 2000+ years?
What Jesus said to his disciples is true for us as well. The Word speaks.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to Deuteronomy 30:15-20, the Law is a ministry of life and blessing for obedience and and ministry death and cursing for disobedience, so choose life! In Proverbs 3:18, the law is a tree of life for all who take hold of her. In Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that if we want to enter life, then obey the commandments. Yet, according to Galatians 3:21, if the law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the Law. So how to reconcile these verses?

The distinction between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law is reflected in modern discussions about law enforcement and does not refer to whether or not someone obeys the law, but to the manner in which they obey the law in regard to whether or not they seek to obey exactly how it is written without regard to its intent. Since the beginning with God walking with Adam in Garden, God has always wanted to have a relationship with us and everything in the Bible is there to teach us about God and how to have a relationship with Him based on faith. There are many verse that describe the Mosaic Covenant as a marriage between God and Israel, such with God describing Himself as a husband to her (Jeremiah 31:32) or with her unfaithfulness is often described as adultery, etc., so the intent of the Mosaic Law is to teach us how to walk in His ways and have an intimate relationship with Him based on faith. As Jesus said, faith is one of the weightier matters of the Law (Matthew 23:23).

God has always disdained it when people honored him with their lips while their hearts were far from him (Isaiah 29:13), so obedience to God has always been a matter of the heart. Someone who made an offering without repenting and drawing close to God was completely missing the whole point doing nothing more than slaughtering an animal. In Matthew 7:21-23, the Pharisees were doing good things, yet were considered to be Lawless because the whole point of the Law in a relationship with Christ and he said he didn't know them. Paul counted this outward obedience without being focusing on growing in a relationship with Christ to be rubbish (Philippians 3:8). In Romans 9:32 - Romans 10:10, the reason why Israel failed to obtain righteousness was not because they did what God commanded and He gave them faulty instructions, but rather the problem was that they misunderstood the purpose of the Law pursued it as though righteousness were by works in trying to establish their own instead of pursuing the Law as though righteousness were by faith through a relationship with Christ. The goal of the Law has always been a relationship with Christ for righteousness for everyone who has faith (Romans 10:4).

So outward obedience to the letter of the Law without regard to its intent brings death because it is missing the whole point and therefore just as Lawless as disobedience to the Law. The key element has always been faith and it is a relationship with God based on faith that brings life, so the verses that speak about the obedience to the Law bringing life are speaking about the obedience of faith, whereas Galatians is speaking about obedience that is not of faith.
I agree with you in regard to Spirit of the law verses letter of the law. For no man could faultlessly obey the letter of the law, it does indeed kill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's not much if an answer I'm afraid. The op quoted john14:15.
When people quote that verse, they quote it in relation to Jesus teachings when he walked this earth, his commands when he walked this earth. Maybe you know more than all of them, or maybe you don't!
Your point is not worthy of a response I'm afraid. But you are welcome to give examples of what you consider are new commands of Christ since he walked this earth, and since as you put it, Paul received his message from the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you in regard to Spirit of the law verses letter of the law. For no man could faultlessly obey the letter of the law, it does indeed kill

The Bible places no emphasis whatsoever on the need to faultlessly obey the Law in order to obtain something, but rather obedience to the Law has always been about a relationship with Him by faith. Any emphasis on the need to obtain something though perfect obedience to the Law would pervert it into being about performance instead of about relationship and rob it of the rest for our souls that it was intended to give (Jeremiah 6:16-19, Matthew 11:28-30). God said that what He commanded was for His people's own good (Deuteronomy 6:24), but if we have to obey it perfectly or it would bring about our death, then it was given to kill us rather than for our own good. If the Law required faultless obedience, then it would not come with instructions for what to do when they sinned, and nothing would be gained by repentance. However, nowhere in the Bible do we see anything like that someone was doing a great job of obeying the Law, but they sinned once and now they won't be justified, but rather the consistent message of every single prophet up to and including Jesus was to repent for our sins, so it is not perfect obedience that makes the difference between life and death, but repentance by faith. The one and only way that there has ever been to become justified is by faith and by the same faith we are required to be careful to obey all of God's commands.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I think Jesus made it pretty clear that Jesus did not go off and teach his own thing, but that what he taught was the same as what the Father taught:

John 14:23-24 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

• Agree
Reactions: SAAN
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible places no emphasis whatsoever on the need to faultlessly obey the Law in order to obtain something, but rather obedience to the Law has always been about a relationship with Him by faith. Any emphasis on the need to obtain something though perfect obedience to the Law would pervert it into being about performance instead of about relationship and rob it of the rest for our souls that it was intended to give (Jeremiah 6:16-19, Matthew 11:28-30). God said that what He commanded was for His people's own good (Deuteronomy 6:24), but if we have to obey it perfectly or it would bring about our death, then it was given to kill us rather than for our own good. If the Law required faultless obedience, then it would not come with instructions for what to do when they sinned, and nothing would be gained by repentance. However, nowhere in the Bible do we see anything like that someone was doing a great job of obeying the Law, but they sinned once and now they won't be justified, but rather the consistent message of every single prophet up to and including Jesus was to repent for our sins, so it is not perfect obedience that makes the difference between life and death, but repentance by faith. The one and only way that there has ever been to become justified is by faith and by the same faith we are required to be careful to obey all of God's commands.
The point is, it is not easy to obey the letter of the law, but Impossible for man. If it was not, Jesus need not have died at calvary

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Jesus made it pretty clear that Jesus did not go off and teach his own thing, but that what he taught was the same as what the Father taught:

John 14:23-24 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.
Do you obey the words of Christ in relation to each and everyone of his commands? Better add, in the gospels? Do you even try to?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The point is, it is not easy to obey the letter of the law, but Impossible for man. If it was not, Jesus need not have died at calvary

It has always been about keeping the spirit of the Law, so even if someone were able to keep the letter of the law perfectly without knowing Christ, then they would still not be justified, but instead it would still be counted as rubbish or Lawlessness because they would be missing the entire point of keeping the Law. God said that the Law is not too difficult, I believe Him, and to hold that it is impossible for man is to directly disagree with what God said. But again, God was not speaking perfect obedience because what He commanded came with instructions for what to do when we are not perfectly obedient.

Do you obey the words of Christ in relation to each and everyone of his commands?

Are you asking whether I seek to obey what Christ commanded? If so, then yes.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has always been about keeping the spirit of the Law, so even if someone were able to keep the letter of the law perfectly without knowing Christ, then they would still not be justified, but instead it would still be counted as rubbish or Lawlessness because they would be missing the entire point of keeping the Law. God said that the Law is not too difficult, I believe Him, and to hold that it is impossible for man is to directly disagree with what God said. But again, God was not speaking perfect obedience because what He commanded came with instructions for what to do when we are not perfectly obedient.

Are you asking whether I seek to obey what Christ commanded? If so, then yes.
I take it then, you wouldn't invite friends or family home for a meal, but rather the lame, poor, blind and beggars, so you may receive your reward in heaven.
I wonder how many obey that teaching who quote john14:15
We can go through some more if you like.
May I ask, what do you believe is involved in obeying the commandment: Thou shalt not covet?
If it was easy to obey Gods laws, it would be easy to obey the letter of the law wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you obey the words of Christ in relation to each and everyone of his commands? Better add, in the gospels? Do you even try to?
Hi Stuart and all,

This is getting a little away from the OP but the New Covenant for me is all about Jesus saving us from our sins not in sin. I have shared with you many of the New Covenant scriptures above (getting sidetracked from the OP) but I think the best way for me to explain this to you (New Covenant) is to share with you my testimony on how I came to know Jesus.

Many years ago when I was a new Christian I believed that I needed to keep God's Law (10 commandments) for my salvation accepting the death and life of Jesus. I was very exacting in what I believed at the time and tried to be very strict in my observance to obey God's Law. I found after some time that the harder I tried the more I saw myself as a sinner going through a cycle of sinning, confessing and repenting the same old sins, until I was ready to give up in discouragement. I also saw myself on the inside. Sometimes I was outwardly never breaking God's Laws but in my thinking it was not a very nice place to be at all. Where was this love I was suppose to have for others. I knew deep down inside that I did not really love people like Jesus wanted me to.

What now? Reading God's Word Jesus is telling me even if I look on a woman to lust I have already committed adultery applying God's Law to my very thoughts? Ok here I lost all hope..... condemned as a sinner....... All my righteousness now was as it is plainly to be seen, filthy rags. I have finally given up all hope of trying to keep God's Law. There is finally nothing that I can do to save myself.

It was at this place for the very first time in my life I met Jesus. I could finally see that it was he who died on the cross for my sins and that I was the chiefest of sinners of whom Christ had come to save! I knew for the very first time in my life that Jesus had come into the world not to save the righteous but bring sinners to repentance. Before I was righteous (in my own eyes) but now I can see myself just how God sees me, sick with sin in need of a Savoir. The Law of God was my schoolmaster that brought me to the cross to meet Jesus for the first time. Here I was at the cross, all undone my complete dependence was no longer on what I could do, but was only on what God's Word says it would do. For the first time I had complete dependence on the Word of God to do what it says it would do and that Jesus was holding out His free gift of salvation to me all he wanted me to do was to believe His Word and it was mine. I saw for the very first time that I love Him because He first loved me.

Now I walk with him. His commandments that brought me to him are no longer his commandments. They are his promises and as I received Jesus I live in Jesus, by faith in his Word to do what it says it will do. Now I obey and follow him because I love him. He has made me free in Him and given me power to walk with him in newness of life. Now I follow the God of creation by faith and dependence on the Word only to do what it says it will do. I love Jesus and His Word. His Words are spirit and they are life! I worship Jesus everyday. I follow His Word by faith and it is he that works in my as I believe His Word. For the very first time I am free in Him, He changes me day by day as I believe His Word.

A counterfeit Gospel is out there. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation.

Why is God's Law important to helping someone to have faith in Christ alone?

Because it is only through the Law of God (10 commandments) that any of us have a knowledge of what sin is (1John 3:4; Rom 3:20; 24). If we do away with God's Law we have no knowledge of sin. If we have no knowledge of sin we have no need of a savior. If we have no need of a savior we have no salvation. If we have no salvation we are lost. "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law." (Rom 2:12).

God's Law shows us that we are sinners in need of a savior. God's Law was given to us that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God (Rom 3:19). It shows us that we are sinners and cannot save ourselves from this disease that we have within us so that we can by Faith lay hold of the promises of God's Words so that Jesus can save us from our sins. Jesus did not come to save the righteous (those that think they do not need saving) but sinners (those that know their need of saving) (Matt 9:12-13; Mark 2:17; Luke 5:32) God's Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ. It will be the basis of the judgement where we will all be accountable to God.

The Law of God is the only way of showing us who we truly are, sinners in need of a Savior and in this condition we can see for the first time Him who loved us and washed us in His own blood and by faith only lay hold of the promises of Gods Word. (2Pet 1:4) It is here as we believe God, that he changes us from living a life of breaking God's Law to a life of walking with him. It is through the operation of God through Love because he first loved us that we follow Jesus not for salvation but because of love. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh (carnal sinful mind) but after the spirit and why Jesus says to his followers, "If you love me keep the commandments" (John 14:15).

People cannot see that this is the operation of God in the believer and assume God's people believe they are saved by their works, when in fact Jesus is saving us from our sins to walk in newness of life in fulfillment of His new Covenant promise (Heb 8:10-12)...... Gods Sheep hear His Voice salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God's Law (1John 3:4) whosoever is living in sin has neither seen him nor known him (1John 3:6)

God bless you all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Stuart,

The New Covenant is about Jesus saving us from our sins not in sin. I have shared with you many of the New Covenant scriptures above but I think the best way for me to explain this to you is to share with you my testimony on how I came to know Jesus.

Many years ago when I was a new Christian I believed that I needed to keep God's Law (10 commandments) for my salvation accepting the death and life of Jesus. I was very exacting in what I believed at the time and tried to be very strict in my observance to obey God's Law. I found after some time that the harder I tried the more I saw myself as a sinner going through a cycle of sinning, confessing and repenting the same old sins, until I was ready to give up in discouragement. I also saw myself on the inside. Sometimes I was outwardly never breaking God's Laws but in my thinking it was not a very nice place to be at all. Where was this love I was suppose to have for others. I knew deep down inside that I did not really love people like Jesus wanted me to.

What now? Reading God's Word Jesus is telling me even if I look on a woman to lust I have already committed adultery applying God's Law to my very thoughts? Ok here I lost all hope..... condemned as a sinner....... All my righteousness now was as it is plainly to be seen, filthy rags. I have finally given up all hope of trying to keep God's Law. There is finally nothing that I can do to save myself.

It was at this place for the very first time in my life I met Jesus. I could finally see that it was he who died on the cross for my sins and that I was the chiefest of sinners of whom Christ had come to save! I knew for the very first time in my life that Jesus had come into the world not to save the righteous but bring sinners to repentance. Before I was righteous (in my own eyes) but now I can see myself just how God sees me, sick with sin in need of a Savoir. The Law of God was my schoolmaster that brought me to the cross to meet Jesus for the first time. Here I was at the cross, all undone my complete dependence was no longer on what I could do, but was only on what God's Word says it would do. For the first time I had complete dependence on the Word of God to do what it says it would do and that Jesus was holding out His free gift of salvation to me all he wanted me to do was to believe His Word and it was mine. I saw for the very first time that I love Him because He first loved me.

Now I walk with him. His commandments that brought me to him are no longer his commandments. They are his promises and as I received Jesus I live in Jesus, by faith in his Word to do what it says it will do. Now I obey and follow him because I love him. He has made me free in Him and given me power to walk with him in newness of life. Now I follow the God of creation by faith and dependence on the Word only to do what it says it will do. I love Jesus and His Word. His Words are spirit and they are life! I worship Jesus everyday. I follow His Word by faith and it is he that works in my as I believe His Word. For the very first time I am free in Him, He changes me day by day as I believe His Word.

A counterfeit Gospel is out there. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation.

Because it is only through the Law of God (10 commandments) that any of us have a knowledge of what sin is (1John 3:4; Rom 3:20; 24). If we do away with God's Law we have no knowledge of sin. If we have no knowledge of sin we have no need of a savior. If we have no need of a savior we have no salvation. If we have no salvation we are lost. "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law." (Rom 2:12).

God's Law shows us that we are sinners in need of a savior. God's Law was given to us that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God (Rom 3:19). It shows us that we are sinners and cannot save ourselves from this disease that we have within us so that we can by Faith lay hold of the promises of God's Words so that Jesus can save us from our sins. Jesus did not come to save the righteous (those that think they do not need saving) but sinners (those that know their need of saving) (Matt 9:12-13; Mark 2:17; Luke 5:32) God's Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ. It will be the basis of the judgement where we will all be accountable to God.

The Law of God is the only way of showing us who we truly are, sinners in need of a Savior and in this condition we can see for the first time Him who loved us and washed us in His own blood and by faith only lay hold of the promises of Gods Word. (2Pet 1:4) It is here as we believe God, that he changes us from living a life of breaking God's Law to a life of walking with him. It is through the operation of God through Love because he first loved us that we follow Jesus not for salvation but because of love. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh (carnal sinful mind) but after the spirit and why Jesus says to his followers, "If you love me keep the commandments" (John 14:15).

People cannot see that this is the operation of God in the believer and assume God's people believe they are saved by their works, when in fact Jesus is saving us from our sins to walk in newness of life in fulfillment of His new Covenant promise (Heb 8:10-12)...... Gods Sheep hear His Voice salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God's Law (1John 3:4) whosoever is living in sin has neither seen him nor known him (1John 3:6)

God bless you all.
Thank you for your testimony , but you didn't directly address the post you responded to.
In rom ch7:4-6 Paul states the Christian must die to the law in order to live for God. Sinfull passions are aroused in us by the law if we live under it. The Christian is released from the law and serves in the new way of the Spirit, not the old way of the written code.
Was Paul including the TC in what he wrote in those verses?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your testimony , but you didn't directly address the post you responded to.
In rom ch7:4-6 Paul states the Christian must die to the law in order to live for God. Sinfull passions are aroused in us by the law if we live under it. The Christian is released from the law and serves in the new way of the Spirit, not the old way of the written code.
Was Paul including the TC in what he wrote in those verses?

Hi Stewart, maybe you could tell me how my testimony did not "directly" answer the post I responded to?

The question was

Read the testimony again and pray and ask Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Stewart, maybe you could tell me how my testimony did not "directly" answer the post I responded to?

The question was

Read the testimony again and pray and ask Jesus.
It's a very simple question. Do you even try to obey each and every command of Christ in the gospels? The answer is a simple yes or no.
I take it you do not know the answer to the question I asked you concerning rom ch7:4-6 as you didn't respond to it

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's a very simple question. Do you even try to obey each and every command of Christ in the gospels? The answer is a simple yes or no.
I take it you do not know the answer to the question I asked you concerning rom ch7:4-6 as you didn't respond to it

Either that or the answer has already been given but you do not like the answer. :D The answer indeed has already been given but you cannot see it

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Stuart and all,

This is getting a little away from the OP but the New Covenant for me is all about Jesus saving us from our sins not in sin. I have shared with you many of the New Covenant scriptures above (getting sidetracked from the OP) but I think the best way for me to explain this to you (New Covenant) is to share with you my testimony on how I came to know Jesus.

God bless you all.
BTW

You do well to quote 1john3:4

Sin is the transgression of the law.
Therefore, if you observe the law you do not commit sin, if you fail to observe the law, you do commit sin. Paul states:
Therefore no one will be declared righteous/ justified in his sight by observing the law, rather through the law we become conscious of sin
Rom3:20
And he goes on stating it

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.