Status
Not open for further replies.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello Friends,

I am happy to share God's Word and to stay on topic with the OP of this thread. If you would like to talk about other topics I am happy to do so with you in another thread you set up? This thread is to talk about Col 2:14-17. I am not interested in any arguments. I love God's Word and hope to share it together with you. I do not judge you or anyone here. Ok I have to go to work so can chat latter if you like. Or if anyone wants to open a new thread and talk about other things I will be happy to join you latter. Thanks for your understanding. Wish you all a great day.

In Christ Always!
Very revealing. You know you could say I am harassing you with short answers you do not understand. That just is not true. There is this little problem. Yep another very incomplete statement, but only for those who do not understand. So very sorry. :( I think your post should be very carefully read to understand what you stated.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nope.
Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in the "Believer" who walks not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Rom 13:9-10; Rom 8:4) This is why Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments" (John 14:15)
I am curious about your response. It implies to me that Jesus fulfilling the law is not good enough and we need to fulfill the law also. Jn 15:10 does not allow for your idea of 14:15 to be the law (10 Cs).

bugkiller

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok friend lets agree to disagree and remain friends. I can see your getting upset. I have to go now for work anyway we can chat latter if you like? Also please keep this thread for the OP and open other topics if you like. I am happy to chat with you and share God's Word. Bye for now. Nice chatting with you.

In Christ Always
Now you are not going to be able to answer my question regarding King David are you, and I doubt you will be able to define what is and what is not wilfull sin.
I sincerely wish you could get away from just quoting the literal letter and having this view the letter must be faultlessly obeyed to be in a saved state/ righteous before God. However, only an act of God can open your eyes, no one on this website can. Indeed, only an act of God could have opened my eyes for i used to be as you are now in this regard.
Let me make absolutely clear. Neither you, nor anyone else who goes to church on a Saturday or Sunday can obey the letter of the law. Paul states that letter kills, and those with their eyes opened understand that.
You can follow after the Spirit of the law, but NOT obey the letter of the law.
Hence, when I repeatedly asked you if you ever commit any sin you allways refused to answer the question.
BTW
Your repeated quotes from Elias about hypocrisy of not obeying are non applicable, unless you can show a NT/ covenant command that states Christians MUST observe a set Saturday sabbath.
And your excuse for only mentioning the TC in your basis for judgement, excluding the second greatest commandment, is an attempt to reason anything in order to justify what you wrote( you are not alone here in that regard) For the TC DO NOT cover every aspect of loving your neighbour, as frankly you should know. If they did, love thy neighbour as thyself would not have been an OT law, it would not have been needed. Jesus told us what loving others entailed. The TC do not encompass all of that. However, the real issue, is by you stating the basis of the christians judgement is obeying the law, that in itself shows you don't understand the NC. You just try and desperately reason you are not trying to seek justification of observing the law, when in truth you are. You are far from Alone in that. Many who go to church on Sunday do the same, but not to the extent sda do
This is good advice. If you are not willing to change your outlook. Rigidly stick to quoting the partial letter, and stick resolutely to only discusing Saturday sabbath. Don't venture beyond that.

In my view, you are missing out on so much, but no one can help you unless you are willing to see

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you believe your post what is stopping you debating me in the debate section of the forum using God's Word? I am willing if you are? I am secure in my faith in God's Word. If you are come debate me there and we will open the topic together. Here is for the threads OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am curious about your response. It implies to me that Jesus fulfilling the law is not good enough and we need to fulfill the law also. Jn 15:10 does not allow for your idea of 14:15 to be the law (10 Cs).
bugkiller

Nope your implying is not correct so you must have not understood the scriptures. What does it mean to you about Jesus fulfilling God's Law? John 15:10 is a wonderful scripture it support John 14:15. Maybe you need to re-read the scriptures.

John 15:10,
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 14:15,
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Very revealing. You know you could say I am harassing you with short answers you do not understand. That just is not true. There is this little problem. Yep another very incomplete statement, but only for those who do not understand. So very sorry. :( I think your post should be very carefully read to understand what you stated. bugkiller

Nope. I feel sorry for you and I am happy to share God's Word with you. So far it seem you have nothing to share.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
I listen and follow the truth because I love Jesus. The Word of God is truth (John 17:17) and Jesus is the Word (John 1; John 1:14). Those that do not listen to God's Word do not come to it and do not know it

John 3:19-21,
19, And this is the condemnation, that light <the Word> is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20, For every one that does evil hates the light <the Word>, neither cometh to the light <the Word>, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21, But he that does truth <the Word> cometh to the light <The Word>, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The Word of God tells us that those that are knowingly and willfully sinning against God do not know him and and not listen to the truth (1 John 2:3-4). I love the truth so I share is with you.

In Christ Always!
Oh how I would love to respond to this post. But.....
bugkiller

It is the Word of God. Believe it or not it is up to you friend I do not judge you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
Yes correct, but all of us will be judged if we really do believe and follow the Gospel of John 3:16. Just saying we are Christian when we are not breaking God's commandments just won't cut it and many in that day will say to Jesus that they are Christian but they did not know Jesus. In that day Jesus will say depart from my ye that work sin I never knew you. Sin is the transgression of God's Law and the wages of sin is death (1 John 3:4; Rom 6:23). If we knowingly and willfully break any of the 10 commandments we are in danger of the judgement. This includes the 4th commandment.

Heb 9:27, And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
1Pet 4:17, For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Yeah and Jesus spoke that to people keeping the commandments, especially the 4th. :)
bugkiller

Nope he speaks it to everyone who professes to be a believer. God's word is for all and we are to live by every Word of it:)

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope. I feel sorry for you and I am happy to share God's Word with you. So far it seem you have nothing to share.
Nope not at all. I would like to discuss the OP though in this thread. I was hoping to share scripture not just opinions though.
Come on now.
In relation to this thread, I supplied scripture from the NT/ covenant, you did not.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please read the bolded blue text above and admit you do not have a serious problem. The way i see what you think is because you think after a carnal manner.
bugkiller

What is a carnal manner to you? How do you think after it? I walk in God's Spirit by faith and not by sight

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Not at all it is not written on the heart through love in the Believer. Love is the fulfilling (doing) of the Law in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 13:9-10; Romans 8:4)

Heb 8:10-12,
10, For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11, And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12, For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
In Christ Always!

Just a tad misleading.
bugkiller

God's Word is never misleading.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.