Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What is love? How shall it be fulfilled?

Romans 13:10 KJB - Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 John 4:8 KJB - He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
Thus, again, Jesus is God, Jesus demonstrated how to fulfill love:

John 1:29 KJB - The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.​

Jesus did you sin? No, He walked in the Spirit:

John 15:10 KJB - If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.​

Luke 4:16 KJB - And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luke 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Jesus. Behold Him in His life. He keeps the Sabbath Holy. This, if we truly Behold Jesus, as here and in all things He did, will take away our sins, because as He is in His holy life, so we are to become and as He overcame we too are to overcome. Those not keeping the commandments as Jesus did, are not Beholding Him in the way the truth and the life, and are not having their sins taken away, but remain in them, looking unto another example instead. They want a substitute but not the example. They want the name, but not the character.

I trust Jesus everyday. I don't judge you, because you trust Him too.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.

• Agree
Reactions: Marco70
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hello 1stcenturylady, I thought your question was obvious in my testimony but to be clear. Of course, every day! This is the purpose of God's LAW to give a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is.

Yes, dear, that is what I got from your testimony. Just wanted to be sure. So even though Christ took away your sin, and the Holy Spirit kills the desire to sin, you still feel like a sinner? That's your testimony of receiving the Holy Spirit??? :(

Do you honestly desire to sin? Think about it. If you do, that is the flesh.

Romans 8:9 "But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His."

1 John 3:5 "And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him."

3:9 in context "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

His seed is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ. Just trying to keep the 10C without your flesh being dead will get you self-esteem, but won't do anything about SIN. I'm hoping that you ARE dead to the desire to sin, just haven't understood the purpose of Christ's death and resurrection in your own life. To keep telling yourself you are still a sinner if you aren't, and I hope you aren't, is not recognizing the power of the cross and His blood, and is a slap in Christ's face.

Believe me, when you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, you will KNOW it. It is not just something you believe because the Word says you will be. It is an actual experience! If you care to read further, here is my own testimony of the night I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

TESTIMONY

I received God's grace at the weakest point in my life, when sin was so enticing it had a stranglehold on me. I would like to share with you my own testimony of the night I was saved, and my experience of receiving the "power" of grace.

Actually, I can relate to Saul's experience of being brought to Christ through seeing a manifestation of Jesus, because moments before I actually repented and experienced the saving power of God, He sovereignly let me see a vision. It was of my sin.

Here I was 29 years old, had gone to church all my life, though I wasn't presently, and I was having an affair with a married man! He was a rather powerful Jewish entertainment business man in Beverly Hills, and I became totally obsessed with him, as well as dependent upon him. He became my love, and my security. In fact, he was the love of my life. No one had done as much for me as he had.

After many months, I finally realized this affair was ruining my hope of a future, of a home and family. He wasn't going to leave his wife, nor did I want him to. But knowing all this didn't give me the strength to break off the affair. So, I did what you do in Beverly Hills, I went to a therapist.

After telling the therapist all about my relationship with my lover, he said these words, "Well, if it feels good, do it." I immediately felt a chill. It was like encountering Satan himself. I couldn't wait to leave, and I never went back. But the thought of Satan made me realize my only hope for finding strength was in God. So I went searching for a church.

I did quite a bit of church hopping, then I remembered years ago before moving to California from Tennessee, Pat Boone's mom and dad suggested I visit Pastor Jack Hayford's church, The Church On The Way, a Foursquare church in the San Fernando Valley outside Los Angeles. I made up my mind that instead of hopping to the next church on my list, I would attend every service this church held for two months to give it a chance before deciding if I needed to search elsewhere. But, from the first sermon I knew I would stay. Through the Holy Spirit, Jack seemed to be preaching just to me. That didn’t just happen on that first visit, but every service thereafter. I was home.

After a month of attending every service, I decided I was strong enough to break off the affair. So I did, but became so devastated, after three days I begged him to come back. Of course, he did. He loved me too.

After another month, I tried again. But within three days we were back together again.

Month after month I tried. But we always went back together within a couple days.

Then one Sunday, Pastor Jack gave a sermon on "integrity of heart." That was the turning point - humility. I learned to be very truthful with God. So I prayed, "Lord, I have tried to break off this affair, but I am weak (having done so in only my own strength). You are strong, so You do it. Make him break it off with me, and then give him the strength to stay away from me when I try to get him back - because You know I will." From that point on I just relaxed and didn’t ‘try’ to be good any longer. I recognized myself for what I was – a sinner who could do nothing in my own strength, especially when I was crazy in love and my flesh wanted what it wanted. But, the honest prayer was enough to make God start working.

One week later my lover came over and told me he finally realized that he couldn't be there when I needed him; that he needed to get out of my life. He broke up with me. I was overwhelmed with sorrow, but at the same time, in awe that possibly there really was a God. You see, it was the first prayer in my entire life that really seemed to have been answered!

After two weeks, I thought I better see if I could find another man to fill the tremendous void in my broken heart, but this time a Christian man. I knew a couple at church who were elders and asked them if they were friends with any single men they could set me up with.

They said, "Yes, we are good friends with Bill B., a movie producer, single and about 36. They knew I was already in the entertainment industry and thought this might be a good match. He comes here every Wednesday night, and we always go out for coffee later. Why don't you come with us after church this Wednesday night?”

I couldn't wait for Wednesday night service. In fact, I was 45 minutes early. Finally, church began, and as was our custom at the beginning of the service, we turned to greet those around us. Someone tapped me on the shoulder from behind, and I turned to see a girl I had met at a girlfriend's house about six months before. She had come over from across the room to greet me. That in itself was extraordinary, as Jack Hayford wanted us to remain by our seats with no roaming around. “Everything must be done decently and in order.”

"Hi," I said, "what brings you here tonight"?

"Well, I haven't had a date in a year, and this guy came into my office today, we found out we were both Christians and he brought me to his church tonight."

"Oh, really? Who did you come with"? I asked.

"Bill B."

I was bewildered. I had really thought this was the answer to my intense pain. Was God behind the scenes orchestrating everything around me? Then what in the world did He think He was doing!

Wednesday evening service was our time to pray for the nation. Around 8:00 pm, we all knelt to pray and were to partner with whomever was sitting next to us. I excused myself, and told them I needed to pray by myself tonight. I thought to myself, I can't pray for the nation, I can't even get a date out of God, how can I expect anything good to happen for the nation!

So I knelt at my chair and thought about why God would thwart my going out with Bill B. I was beginning to feel really punished. It was then with my eyes closed, I saw a wide field with a huge round vertical glass pipe or silo about 50 feet across erected from the field up into the clouds above. About 300 feet up the clear pipe, I could see what looked like an enormous hairball. As I focused on it, I saw that the hair was moving. It was a gigantic nest of snakes!

All at once I "knew" the meaning of the vision I was seeing. The nest of snakes was my sin which was preventing all God's blessings from reaching me.

Oh, I had never asked for forgiveness for the adultery, I thought to myself. I’ll ask for forgiveness, and then, maybe He’ll bring me a man.

I started to pray for God to forgive me for the adultery, and to cleanse me of all my sins. I prayed the same prayer as King David did after he had sinned with Bathsheba, a verse I had memorized as a child. "Create in me a clean heart, Oh Lord, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not thy Holy Spirit from me."

You would think I was now happy, but I wasn't. I was still very sad and lonely. I began to think about my old relationship, and how meeting someone new would have been so great. And on top of that, Bill B. was a Christian! I knew it must have been God that prevented me from meeting him... Thick-headed as I was, I prayed, "Don't you want me to date a Christian?"

The response was like thunder! "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Boy that shut me up! I had never heard God's voice before. And even though it wasn't an audible voice, I heard it loud and clear.

And He said, No????? I suddenly felt He was going to say more, so I stilled myself and started listening expectantly... He continued,

"YOU LOOK TO MAN FOR YOUR LOVE. I WANT TO BE YOUR LOVE.

YOU LOOK TO MAN FOR YOUR SECURITY. I WANT TO BE YOUR SECURITY.

YOU WILL NOT DATE FOR A SEASON. YOU WILL BE IN DROUGHT. AND WHEN YOUR HEART MELTS, I WILL SEND THE RAIN."

Suddenly, I knew that I knew that I knew God existed! I don't think in all my life I ever knew for sure until that moment. And what's more, He was speaking to me!

I was in such awe I repented again whole-heartedly this time and was saved, and filled with unshakable faith. This was immediately followed by His awesome outpouring of His Spirit and with power. I felt it physically. It felt like being drenched with a vessel of warm oil pouring over the top of my head and quickly engulfing me. My prior grief I had been burdened with for months while I was entrenched in the destructive sin suddenly disappeared and was replaced with extreme joy that caused my cheeks to hurt from smiling. The sudden departure of that burden made me feel buoyed up by love, and light as a feather. Isaiah 61:3 describes it best. "The oil of joy for mourning." It's literal! I even looked at my feet to see if they were still on the floor!

That night I saw the heart of Jesus for the first time, how crushed He was by my sin. It broke my heart, and then I truly repented for the first time in my life. That repentance was real. It wasn't the usual apathetic, or even formal, just mouthing the words, "oh, yes, and forgive me of my sins." Nor, was it even what I had prayed just moments before after seeing the vision of the clog of snakes preventing God from bringing the blessing of another man into my life! It was saving repentance. I wanted to turn away from, and to be cleansed of every sin I could think of, and those I couldn't. I wanted to be scrubbed clean and never get dirty ever again! Not because I was afraid of hell or wanted blessings, but because when I finally knew He existed, loved me and wanted my love, I fell madly in love with him! He then filled me with His Holy Spirit to overflowing. He not only had a clean vessel to enter, He had my whole heart and soul.

I was now saved! Oh, what a sobering thought! You see, I had grown up in church, and attended as an adult for most my life for nearly 30 years, always feeling the call on my life, but "many are called, few are chosen." I loved the Lord, or maybe the idea of the Lord, but I didn't respect or "fear" Him enough to not willfully sin. My sensual desires always came first.

And now, every week after that, the gifts of the Holy Spirit were ever present in my life, which up until then I had never known, and I was drawn closer and closer to God. All I wanted to do was study God's Word, listen to teaching tapes and Christian music, and listen for His voice. But, the true confirmation and evidence that I was now saved and filled with His Holy Spirit was I could now see sin as He did. I no longer wanted to sin. It didn't "call" to me. My desires had taken a 180 degree about face immediately, though I still loved my lover but now in a pure way and would respect him for the rest of my life, and even though it wasn’t long before he wanted me back, but I was a different person. I knew I wanted God, and wanted to give up everything for Him. And God’s grace was sufficient. He gave me power over my flesh I had never known before. I was truly a new creation. It wasn't merely a scripture to quote, but a reality. I had a new mind, an obedient heart and a sensitive spirit for God to nurture and sustain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The7thColporteur said:
That is talking about "justification". No true Seventh-day Adventists teach that salvation comes by law, any law. It is a straw man, a lie foisted upon us, and we deny it every time. The children of faith, as Abraham, kept God's commandments as shown you earlier.
It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}

I think you do not know what you are writing about. You just denied your more that a prophet being a "true Adventist". Lets face it friend you cannot defend what is not defendable. I was not born yesterday. In fact I spent 40 years in the SDA church. Not to say I know it all, but I know enough that you will not be able to Woof me. So be very careful when posting something on this forum that is not the real truth. Deny what you will, it is no skin off our teeth. Just know that we are here to set you straight with all the lurkers.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him."

Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

The Corinthian church proves your understanding of scripture wrong

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.
Who is doing the "esteem[ing]" in Romans 14, God or man?

Romans 14:5 KJB - One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.​

What did Jesus say:

Luke 16:15 KJB - And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.​

Paul throughout Romans 1-13, 15-16, etc and in every other epistle he wrote, magnified the Ten Commandments as to be obeyed by those in Christ Jesus, by the Holy Spirit:

Even at the beginning of Romans 14 [and yea, all of Romans], we see that we are dealing not with the abolition or setting aside of any of God's 10 Commandments or Health Laws in Diet, in any manner, as may be witnessed throughout [Romans 1:18, 3:31, 6:1-23, 7:7,12,14,16, 8:4-14, 9:6-8,27,31,32, 11:1-36, 12:1,2,5,9, 13:8-14, 15:1-27, 16:17-19], for Paul clearly says, “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” [Romans 3:31].

...the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men ...” [Romans 1:18;p] [“All unrighteousness is sin ...” [1 John 5:7;p]] [“...as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:” [Romans 11:26;p]]

How did Paul teach about the Law, Ten Commandments, and Sin and Transgression just in the Book of Romans?

“...keep the righteousness of the law ...” [Romans 2:26;p]

“...if it fulfil the law ...” [Romans 2:27;p]

“...we establish the law ...” [Romans 3:31;p]

“... we are buried with him by baptism into death...that like as Christ was raised up... even so we also should walk in newness of life.” [Romans 6:4;p]

“...our old man is crucified...we should not serve sin.” [Romans 6:6;p]

“...he that is dead is freed from sin.” [Romans 6:7;p]

“...in that he died, he died unto sin...he liveth unto God.” [Romans 6:10;p]

“...reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” [Romans 6:11;p]

“Let not sin therefore reign...” [Romans 6:12;p]

“Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.” [Romans 6:13]

“... shall we sin...God forbid.” [Romans 6:15;p]

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” [Romans 6:16]

“... ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.” [Romans 6:16;p]

“...made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.” [Romans 6:18;p]

“...as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.” [Romans 6:19;p]

“...ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.” [Romans 6:20;p]

“...fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death.” [Romans 6:21;p]

“...made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.” [Romans 6:22;p]

“... the wages of sin [is] death...” [Romans 6:23;p]

“...[Is] the law sin? God forbid...I had not known sin, but by the law...I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.” [Romans 7:7;p]

“...the commandment, which [was ordained] to life ...” [Romans 7:10;p]

“...the law [is] holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.” [Romans 7:12;p]

“For we know that the law is spiritual ...” [Romans 7:14;p]

“...I consent unto the law that [it is] good.” [Romans 7:16;p]

“That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” [Romans 8:4]

“...they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.” [Romans 8:5;p]

“...to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.” [Romans 8:6;p]

“...the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” [Romans 8:7;p]

“...they that are in the flesh cannot please God.” [Romans 8:8;p]

“...we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.” [Romans 8:12;p]

“...if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” [Romans 8:13;p]

“...the law of righteousness.” [Romans 9:31;p]

“...Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.” [Romans 12:9;p]

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.” [Romans 13:8]

“For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” [Romans 13:9]

“Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.” [Romans 13:10]

“...cast off the works of darkness...” [Romans 13:12;p]

“Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.” [Romans 13:13]

“...make not provision for the flesh, to [fulfil] the lusts [thereof].” [Romans 13:14;p]​

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

... continued ...

How did Paul feel about the Ten Commandments, the Law, in other places?

“...Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; ) [Ephesians 6:2]

“...the law [is] good, if a man use it lawfully ...” [1 Timothy 1:8;p]

“For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.” [Galatians 2:18]​

Paul, in many of his Epistles [not even counting the Gospels, or the Epistles of others] lists and exemplifies the very Ten Commandments as relevant for the Christian, who are the ones which love GOD and man:

The TEN COMMANDMENTS...

[01.] For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) [1 Corinthians 8:5] But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him. [1 Corinthians 8:6]

[02.] But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood. [Acts 15:20] Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. [Acts 17:29] Neither be ye idolaters, as [were] some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. [1 Corinthians 10:7] Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. [1 Corinthians 10:14] Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. [1 Corinthians 12:2] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [2 Corinthians 6:16] For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; [1 Thessalonians 1:9] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [Galatians 5:20] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. [Galatians 5:21] For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. [Ephesians 5:5] Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: [Colossians 3:5]

[03.] For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. [Romans 2:24] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. [Colossians 3:8] Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. [Ephesians 5:4] Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and [his] doctrine be not blasphemed. [1 Timothy 6:1]

[04.] But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. [Acts 13:14] And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, [Ye] men [and] brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. [Acts 13:15] Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with [his] hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience. [Acts 13:16] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath [the Gentiles asked to hear the message on Sabbath, the 7th day, for more than Jews kept the HOLY Day of the LORD]. [Acts 13:42] And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city [“Jews and Gentiles”] together to hear the word of God. [Acts 13:44] For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day [for there were many Strangers seeking GOD and kept Sabbath, but were not yet circumcised to become a full Jew, see Isaiah 56:6]. [Acts 15:21] And on the sabbath we [We, being Paul and Luke [a converted gentile physician/historian]] went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made [Prayer being made on the Holy Sabbath out in nature]; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted [thither]. [Acts 16:13] And Paul, as his manner was [just as JESUS], went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, [compare Luke 4:16] [Acts 17:2] And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. [Paul kept Sabbath every week for 1 ½ years (78 est. Sabbaths), see Acts 18:11 in a house connected to the Synagogue, the next best thing after removing himself from the Synagogue, see Acts 18:7, JESUS also foretold that many would be evicted from them, see John 16:2, but they continued to keep the 7th Day Sabbath of the 4th Commandment in homes, out in nature, etc.] [Acts 18:4] For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. [Hebrews 4:4] And in this [place] again, If they shall enter into my rest. [Hebrews 4:5] Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: [Hebrews 4:6] Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. [Hebrews 4:7] For if Jesus [Joshua] had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. [Hebrews 4:8] There remaineth [Apoleipo, (passive voice) to be left behind for others, remain unchanged, be reserved, in this case NOT meaning “abandoned”] therefore [ie, because of the already given argument and example of the wilderness in Hebrews 3-4, in that they (Israel; the first generation people) entered not into the promised land because of unbelief and through unbelief failed to keep the commandments of GOD] a rest [Sabbatismos, literally keeping Sabbath] to the people of God [ie. Christians, Spiritual Israel are to keep the 7th Day Sabbath, for as we enter into the rest given by CHRIST JESUS, we are then able to cease from our sins and works to obtain salvation, abide in HIM, and we trust/rest in HIM and obey HIM when HE asks us, "if ye love me keep my commandments" as is found in Exodus 20:6 and John 14:15]. [Hebrews 4:9] For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. [Hebrews 4:10] Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. [Hebrews 4:11]

[05.] Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. [Ephesians 6:1] Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; ) [Ephesians 6:2] That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. [Ephesians 6:3] Children, obey [your] parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. [Colossians 3:20]

[06.] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [Romans 1:29] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. [Romans 1:32] For this, ... Thou shalt not kill, ... and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." [Romans 13:9;p]

[07.] For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery...and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." [Romans 13:9;p] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. [Colossians 3:18] Husbands, love [your] wives, and be not bitter against them. [Colossians 3:19]

[08.] "...a man should not steal, dost thou steal?" [Romans 2:21;p] "For this, ... Thou shalt not steal,...and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." [Romans 13:9;p] Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with [his] hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. [Ephesians 4:28]

[09.] "...Thou shalt not bear false witness...and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." [Romans 13:9;p] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; [Colossians 3:9]

[10.] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, [Romans 1:29] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. [Romans 1:32] What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. [Romans 7:7] "For this, ... Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." [Romans 13:9;p] But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; [Ephesians 5:3] Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: [Colossians 3:5] "[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness..." [Hebrews 13:5;p]

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

... finally ...

I already addressed Romans 14 [in brief, I do have many more pages on it] here, and therefore why do you circle around to the text already shown to you to not teach what you say it does?

If I may ask, since when is the Ten Commandments of God ever "shadow"? The scripture says:

Proverbs 6:23 KJB - For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Psalms 119:105 KJB - NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Isaiah 8:20 KJB - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.​

Will you tell me Colossians 2:16-17? See the context, and compare to Ephesians 2 and Hebrews 9-10 KJB. Those are carnal and shadowy things.

God's Ten Commandments are Light and Spiritual things:

Romans 7:14 KJB - For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.​

See for yourself:

Show me the word "sabbath", "law", "commandment/s", "the 7th day" in the passages of Romans 14 KJB.

Romans 14 KJB, deals with the days that "man esteemeth" among men, see Luke 16:15 KJB. God esteems His Holy day [Job 23:12; Psalms 119:126-128 KJB].

The "day" in Romans 14 is associated with eating and not eating, among "men", which are days set apart for men for fasting/feasting, etc. The Jews had constantly fought with one another over which days were better to do this or that [Matthew 9:14; Mark 2:18; Luke 5:33, 18:12 KJB]. Some Jews decide that any day was fine to do any of those things, while others had specific days picked out for those things [see also the historical source the "Didache"]. Paul stated it didn't matter, and each was fine, so long as either side did it unto the LORD, to the glory of God, not for personal gain/prestige/notice [as the Pharisees had done], but that what mattered was brotherly love within the body, preferring one another.

Connect Romans 14, to 1 Corinthians 8-10 KJB. There were issues with the Gentile believers purchasing food in the shambles [marketplaces] which may have been blessed or offered before idols, and some Jews, and possibly Gentiles believers which took offence at anyone partaking of those things. Paul stated that an Idol is nothing, but the persons for whom Christ Jesus died were of value, and therefore, regard the conscience of another, and cause no one to sin, even if what was eaten was immediately lawful to a person, but such freedom within God's law, not everything is always expedient, or best to do at all times. There were also Jewish beleivers in Christ who still under their vows, even Nazarite vows, and thus things of the vine in matters of eating and drinking would come into play as well. Just because Christ Jesus died on the Cross, doesn't negate their vow - they still had to carry out what they said they would do.

If you Read Romans 1-13, the Law, the Ten Comamndments of God are spoken of and cited throughout, as eternal, as the judge of sin [Romans 7:7 KJB; in fact how did you know you needed as Saviour? What Law was transgressed by yourself? Exodus 20:1-17 KJB], and Romans 15-16 continue and complete this picture. God's Ten Commandments are Eternal [Psalms 89:34 KJB], His Sabbath from Genesis to Revelation, even into the New Heavens and New Earth [Isaiah 66:22-23 KJB].

Colossians 2 KJB, parallels Ephesians 2 KJB, and Hebrews 9-10 KJB. The language is the same. The "ordinances" in Colossians 2 deals with "shadows", such as the daily "meat and drink" offerings of a worldly sanctuary and carnal ordinances, the seasonal "feast days", the monthly "new moons", and the year based "sabbaths", in the singular, every 7 and 50th years, as Paul is citing Psalms 98:1-3; and Ezekiel 45:17 KJB with other texts.

The Sabbath of the LORD thy God is always called "my [as in God's] sabbaths", and the others in Leviticus 23:4 onward are called "your [the peoples] sabbaths" [Leviticus 26:35 KJB] which are "beside [given in addition to] the sabbaths of the LORD" [Leviticus 23:38 KJB]. The Ten Commandments, including the Sabbath of the 4th Commandment, are "light" [Proverbs 6:23, Isaiah 8:20, 51:4 KJB], never a "shadow", are "spiritual" [Romans 7:14 KJB], never "carnal" [Hebrews 9:10 KJB].

Colossians 2:14 - "ordinances"
Ephesians 2:15 - "law of commandments contained in ordinances"
Hebrews 9:1 - "ordinances of divine service"
Hebrews 9:10 - "carnal ordinances"

Colossians 2:16 - "in meat, or in drink" [offerings]
Hebrews 9:10 - "meats and drinks" [offerings]

Colossians 2:12 - "also ye are risen with him"
Ephesians 2:6 - "raised us up together"

Colossians 2:16 - "a shadow of things to come"
Ephesians 2:7 - "in the ages to come"
Hebrews 9:11 - "of good things to come"
Hebrews 10:1 - "the law having a shadow of good things to come", "those sacrifices", "offered year by year"

[ps. none of the Ten Commandments deal with carnal sacrifices]
etc.

It's easy to turn a willingly blind eye to evidence when it doesn't suit our own sins and rebellion to God, even to Jesus commandment to repent [John 14:15; Exodus 20:6 KJB].​

So why are you "esteem[ing]" that which man "esteems" rather than what God himself esteems?

Psalms 119:126 KJB - It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.

Psalms 119:127 KJB - Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.

Psalms 119:128 KJB - Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Job 23:12 KJB - Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.​

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Good verse to remember.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... finally ...

I already addressed Romans 14 [in brief, I do have many more pages on it] here, and therefore why do you circle around to the text already shown to you to not teach what you say it does?

So why are you "esteem[ing]" that which man "esteems" rather than what God himself esteems?

Psalms 119:126 KJB - It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.

Psalms 119:127 KJB - Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.

Psalms 119:128 KJB - Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Job 23:12 KJB - Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.​
It seems the matter has been raised again because you seem to think the New Testament believer is under the law. Galatians and Hebrews would indicate otherwise.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... In fact I spent 40 years in the SDA church. ...
Then I in great grief and true sorrow of heart greatly pity you as I did D.M. Canright and others, as I learn of their miserable history once they left - The Man Who Boarded the Phantom Ship

Tell me, if you will, Where did you go to once you abandoned ship?

I know of cases of ex-SDA persons that left Truth for Roman Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter-day Saints, Baptist, Islam, Atheism, Pantheism, non-denom, etc and even pure bitter ex-sdaism [like D. Ratzlaff, and others].

None of them agree with the other, and they all still carry [at least the ones I have directly spoken with] bits of remnants of Seventh-day Adventist movement theology; for instance some still carry the belief that Michael is Jesus, the Son of the Father, some still carry the belief that the dead are dead and sleep until their respective resurrection, some still carry the belief that salvation can be lost, some still carry the belief ... etc, etc. I have noticed that their single commonality among them all, is to absolutely hate with a cruel venom, sister White. They don't hate James White, or Joseph Bates, or Joshua V Himes, or AT Jones, etc or even William Miller [though they will mock at each when they can], but they categorically have a united foaming at the mouth for sister White. It is really an interesting phenomena to see from this perspective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It seems the matter has been raised again because you seem to think the New Testament believer is under the law. Galatians and Hebrews would indicate otherwise.
Again, you foist the lie upon us, and we deny it every time. The Seventh-day Adventist is under Grace and teach the whole world so. To be "under law" is to be under condemnation, as per Romans 3:19 KJB, but carry on with your willing deafness and blindess.

Christians are to obey God in His Law, as they walk in God's grace. That is different that being "under the law".

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, you foist the lie upon us, and we deny it every time. The Seventh-day Adventist is under Grace and teach the whole world so. To be "under law" is to be under condemnation, as per Romans 3:19 KJB, but carry on with your willing deafness and blindess.

Christians are to obey God in His Law, as they walk in God's grace. That is different that being "under the law".
The law was changed. What we now have is better than the law.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You added words not found in the command or texts, that word is "ritual". Show me a single text which states that the Sabbath of the LORD thy God is 'ritual'.

Why do I have to show you where it is found. A profound scholar like yourself should know the difference between a law dealing with morality, God and our fellow man, and one dealing with ritualism or ceremonialism as in a day, wearing apparel, the sacrificial system and etc.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Trying to explain away verse 16 with all the verses I just wiped away doesn't cut it. I do not consider myself a child of Israel. I was grafted into the root, Jesus, and He sustains me. The Sabbath was to remember the Israelites flight out of Egypt. It was given to them as a special day. It was not ever given to anyone else and you cannot dispute that fact. There are a lot of "perpetuals" in the Old Testament. Where are they today? First of all the Sinai covenant was an "IF" covenant. If you do I will. They didn't and He didn't. Israel broke the covenant and It was replaced by the covenant Jesus ratified by His own
Blood. The words of the Sinai covenant were 613 rules. The words of the replacement have but two rules, love God and love others as Jesus loves us. When we do those two things we know we belong to the truth. 1Jn3:19-24. Easy isn't it?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The law was changed. What we now have is better than the law.
No, the same Law of God is now written in a differing location. Same Law, different ministration.

You are probably thinking of :

Hebrews 7:11 KJB - If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?​

Read carefully. What "law" is that referring to? Can you show me a single Levitical priest in Exodus 19-20?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, the same Law of God is now written in a differing location. Same Law, different ministration.

You are probably thinking of :

Hebrews 7:11 KJB - If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?​

Read carefully. What "law" is that referring to? Can you show me a single Levitical priest in Exodus 19-20?
See Hebrews 7.12 and Hebrews 7.19. The law was changed and what we now have is better than the law.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why do I have to show you where it is found. A profound scholar like yourself should know the difference between a law dealing with morality, God and our fellow man, and one dealing with ritualism or ceremonialism as in a day, wearing apparel, the sacrificial system and etc.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Trying to explain away verse 16 with all the verses I just wiped away doesn't cut it. I do not consider myself a child of Israel. I was grafted into the root, Jesus, and He sustains me. The Sabbath was to remember the Israelites flight out of Egypt. It was given to them as a special day. It was not ever given to anyone else and you cannot dispute that fact. There are a lot of "perpetuals" in the Old Testament. Where are they today? First of all the Sinai covenant was an "IF" covenant. If you do I will. They didn't and He didn't. Israel broke the covenant and It was replaced by the covenant Jesus ratified by His own
Blood. The words of the Sinai covenant were 613 rules. The words of the replacement have but two rules, love God and love others as Jesus loves us. When we do those two things we know we belong to the truth. 1Jn3:19-24. Easy isn't it?
I showed you that Jesus is Israel.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.