Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... Question: how could a ritual command given to Israel commanding Israel, and Israel only, to observe the weekly Sabbath because of their flight out of Egypt morph into a worldwide all nation obligation? ...
You added words not found in the command or texts, that word is "ritual". Show me a single text which states that the Sabbath of the LORD thy God is 'ritual'.

Now to Israel:

A common question that is asked, “Since “the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD [JEHOVAH] thy God [Elohiym]” [Exodus 20:10 KJB], is given to “the children of Israel” [Exodus 31:13 KJB] to “remember” [Exodus 20:8 KJB] and to keep it “holy” [Exodus 20:8, 31:15 KJB], as an “perpetual [everlasting] covenant” [Exodus 31:13-18 KJB], why should Christians keep that which the Bible [KJB] specifically says is for the “children of Israel” to keep [Exodus 31:13-18 KJB]?”

The Sabbath is indeed for Israel and the children thereof, even as it was for the "Hebrews", and for 'Adam" [and thus all in him], "[the] man" [Mark 2:27 KJB] that was "made" at Creation. It is also for the New "the man" [1 Timothy 2:5 KJB], the second/last Adam, Jesus Christ and all in Him in the New Creation. The question is, "Who is really Israel and his children?" The answer is not 'Jacob' and his fleshly children, but Jesus Christ and his spiritual children/disciples.

Exodus 31:13 KJB - Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

Exodus 31:14 KJB - Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Exodus 31:15 KJB - Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 31:16 KJB - Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Exodus 31:17 KJB - It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Exodus 31:18 KJB - And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

The questions then become, “Who is Israel?” and “Who are Israel's children?” according to the scripture [KJB]?

Who, according to the Bible [KJB], is Israel? In the Bible there are two Israels, a 'natural' [of the 'flesh', carnal] and a 'spiritual' [of the 'Spirit'], as it is written:

1 Corinthians 15:46 KJB - Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Consider:

Romans 9:6 KJB - Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Romans 9:7 KJB - Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Romans 9:8 KJB - That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Again, Israel after the flesh, carnal:

1 Corinthians 10:18 KJB - Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

Again, Israel after the Spirit, spiritual:

Galatians 6:16 KJB - And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Hebrews 13:10 KJB - We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

Israel, after the flesh, was not originally a 'peoples', but rather instead, was a single person, being 'the Head', ruler to be, of/over 'a body', a nation:

Genesis 32:28 KJB - And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Genesis 35:10 KJB - And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

Genesis 35:21 KJB - And Israel journeyed, and spread his tent beyond the tower of Edar.

The 'peoples', after the flesh, came from this single person:

Genesis 32:32 KJB - Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.

Genesis 35:22 KJB - And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:

Israel, the person, is as a “king” which is a head or ruler [Joshua 11:10; 1 Samuel 15:17; 1 Kings 1:35, 1 Chronicles 11:2; Psalms 105:20 KJB], over a body or kingdom/land [Isaiah 62:1-5 KJB]. The two [king & kingdom/land] are two things, yet joined, as husband and wife, or Head and body, Father and children, etc.

Yet, as it is written in Romans, it is not those who are of the 'flesh' which are Israel, but rather those of the promise, in Christ Jesus, the seed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... Question: how could a ritual command given to Israel commanding Israel, and Israel only, to observe the weekly Sabbath because of their flight out of Egypt morph into a worldwide all nation obligation? ...
Who then is the spiritual Israel, and who then are Israel's spiritual children? Jesus Christ, being the Head, and his body, his disciples, his children, his kingdom:

Matthew 2:13 KJB - And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

Matthew 2:14 KJB - When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

Matthew 2:15 KJB - And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Please notice that the scripture [KJB; which cannot be broken, John 10:35 KJB] by the Gospel writer, Matthew, under inspiration of the Holy Ghost [2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21 KJB], is citing an Old Testament prophecy [Hosea 11:1 KJB], and claims its proper and actual fulfillment is in Christ Jesus [not Israel after the flesh, who [person [Jacob, son of Isaac] and nation [his physical children]] was merely a type [Koine Greek, 'τύπος', transliterated 'tupos'], an example, earthly, a shadow [Koine Greek, 'σκία', transliterated 'skia'] [Romans 5:14; 1 Corinthians 10:6,11; Philippians 3:17; Colossians 2:17; Hebrews 8:5, 10:1 KJB], while Jesus Christ is the anti-type [Koine Greek, 'ἀντίτυπον', transliterated 'anti-tupon', see also 1 Peter 3:21 KJB], substance, body [Koine Greek, 'σῶμα', transliteration 'swma' [thus 'soma'] [where 'w' is O-mega, not O-micron], reality, heavenly and Light [1 Corinthians 10:3-4; Colossians 2:17; Hebrews 8:5, 10:1 KJB]]. What prophet gave the prophecy? It was the prophet Hosea:

Hosea 11:1 KJB - When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

According to the prophet Hosea, “Israel” is the [male, “him”] “child”, even the “son” of God [JEHOVAH, the Father], whom God “called” “out of Egypt”.

Compare again to the words specifically used by Matthew in Matthew 2:13-15:

"the young child", "into Egypt", "the young child", "him", "the young child", "into Egypt", "that it might be fulfilled" "which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet", "Out of Egypt", "have I called", "my son".

To the words used in Hosea 11:1:

“a child”, “him”, “called” “my son” “out of Egypt”.

Who then according to Matthew and Hosea [under inspiration of the Holy Ghost] is really and truly “Israel” and the fulfillment of the coming out of Egypt.

Is it 'Jacob, son of Isaac' [Israel after the flesh], or Jesus the Christ [Israel, after the Spirit]?

While Israel after the flesh [Jacob, son of Isaac] was indeed called out of Egypt [in the days of Moses], this was not the truest fulfillment, but merely a shadow, a type, an example of the great plan of redemption, in miniature.

Jesus is throughout the entire scriptures, in type, and in reality [Proverbs 40:7; Luke 24:27; John 1:45; John 5:39; Hebrews 10:7; Acts 3:18, 28:23 KJB, etc].

Jesus Christ, is the true person, Israel, the true Son of God the Father, who Matthew [under inspiration of the Holy Ghost], says was the fulfillment of the prophecy of Hosea. The New Testament passage explained the Old Testament passage. Who will say, “Not so.” unto the Holy Ghost? I warn, in love.

I did not say so, the scripture [KJB] itself, said so, for scripture interprets scripture [Genesis 40:8; 1 Corinthians 2:13; Isaiah 28:10,13 KJB, etc], and it is God who defines His own word.

Jesus is the true “Israel” [Matthew 2:13-15; Hosea 11:1 KJB], but also:

Jesus is the true “David”, the true “King” [please notice the future tenses, who the prophets are, when they wrote, and the eternality of this King]:

Jeremiah 30:9 KJB - But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.

Ezekiel 34:23 KJB - And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

Ezekiel 34:24 KJB - And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.

Ezekiel 37:24 KJB - And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

Ezekiel 37:25 KJB - And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Hosea 3:5 KJB - Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Jesus is the true “Adam”, the true “man”:

1 Corinthians 15:45 KJB - And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:46 KJB - Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

1 Corinthians 15:47 KJB - The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

… the true Melchizedek [Melchisedec], the true Isaac [Rejoicing], the true Moses [that Prophet], the true Solomon [Son of David, the prince of Peace], the true Judah [the Lion of the tribe of Judah] etc, etc …

Jesus, has many names in scripture. “Israel” is one of His many names, which name signifies His character [“as his name is so is he” - 1 Samuel 25:25; Proverbs 22:1; Ecclesiastes 7:1 KJB], and it means, He who overcomes [temptation, world, flesh, sin, satan, self] with God [see Genesis 32:28 KJB], even as it is written:

John 16:33 KJB - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Revelation 3:21 KJB - To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

The New [or Everlasting] Covenant is only made with this spiritual “Israel”, this “Judah” and His “house” [2 Corinthians 1:20 KJB - For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.; – for Christ Jesus, the true “Israel” is the “elect” of God, and thus all who choose to be in Him; see Isaiah 42:1, 45:4, 65:9 KJB]:

Hebrews 3:6 KJB - But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Isaiah 42:1 KJB - Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Hebrews 8:5 KJB - Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Hebrews 8:6 KJB - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Hebrews 8:7 KJB - For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Hebrews 8:8 KJB - For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

[see Exodus 19:3-8 KJB, for the 'old covenant' is never, in all of scripture [KJB], the Ten Commandments [the perfect, righteousness, spiritual, holy, just and good and eternal Law of God; Psalms 19:7; Romans 9:31; Romans 7:14; James 1:25; Psalms 119:44-45; Romans 7:12; Psalms 89:34; Exodus 20:1-17, especially Exodus 20:8, “holy”, see Isaiah 58:13; 2 Peter 3:2 KJB], but was always the faulty promises of the peoples Israel after the flesh, made in agreement to do all that the LORD says. They failed. Why? Works and no Faith [Romans 9:32 KJB]. They [in general] attempted without God's strength [Revelation 12:10-12; Romans 5:6; 1 Corinthians 1:24 KJB], and though they were free physically, they were still slaves spiritually, that is of the heart and mind: 'all that the LORD hath said we will do', their faulty promises, and yet they did not, for they sinned by the golden calf.

The Everlasting Covenant [New, which existed before the 'old', even from eternity, for the Father and Son clasped hands in agreement, the Holy Ghost as Witness, should [when] sin [the mystery of iniquity] arise, they would work out the plan of Redemption, thus it is “the everlasting covenant” or the covenant of life and peace, or the counsel of peace, ratified by the blood of the Son of God Himself and by the Father in Heaven, see Psalms 89:3,28,34, 105:8; Isaiah 13:12, 42:6; Malachi 2:5 [Jesus is the True Levi, meaning attached unto His Father], 3:1; John 19:30 [he finished laying the foundation, the words were unto His Father], 17:24 [the agreement in eternity past was made, Jesus kept His word, performed His vows, and now the promise from the Father was to be fulfilled]; John 3:16; John 19:28; Hebrews 13:20; Revelation 13:8; Psalms 40:7-8; Hebrews 10:7-9; Psalms 116:14-18; Ezekiel 38:23; John 17:19; John 10:18; 8:28; Psalms 110:4; Zechariah 6:13, etc., etc. for surely as the Rainbow is above God's throne, so the covenant between Father and Son, witnessed by the Holy Ghost, is eternal, KJB] is God's, “I will ...”, His Promise; more on this in detail later, as needed. The 'old covenant' is not the same as God's 'my covenant', which we establish by Faith [Romans 3:31 KJB]. They are two things, not one, which will be demonstrated in thorough detail later, as needed. God's Ten Commandments are all perfect promises, without fault, more on this later, as needed.]

Hebrews 8:9 KJB - Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Hebrews 8:10 KJB - For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Hebrews 8:11 KJB - And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Hebrews 8:12 KJB - For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 8:13 KJB - In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 10:15 KJB - Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

Hebrews 10:16 KJB -This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Hebrews 10:17 KJB - And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 10:18 KJB - Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

2 Corinthians 3:3 KJB - Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Which is citing the Old Testament passages of:

Jeremiah 31:31 KJB - Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:32 KJB - Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 31:33 KJB - But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jeremiah 31:34 KJB - And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Ezekiel 36:25 KJB - Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Ezekiel 36:26 KJB - A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 36:27 KJB - And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Ezekiel 36:28 KJB - And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Ezekiel 36:29 KJB - I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

Ezekiel 37:26 KJB - Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Ezekiel 37:27 KJB - My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.​

Therefore, since Jesus is the spiritual “Israel”, and He has a “house”, He then, like the Israel [Jacob, son of Isaac] after the flesh, must have children. Who, according to the scripture [KJB] are Israel's [Jesus'] children? His disciples:

The Disciples of Jesus who keep His commandments are His children:

Hebrews 2:10 KJB - For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hebrews 2:11 KJB - For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Hebrews 2:12 KJB - Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Hebrews 2:13 KJB - And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Side note:

Hebrews 2:13 KJB is directly citing Isaiah 8:18 KJB, which is why Paul says, “And again,” meaning 'It is written'.

Hebrews 2:14 KJB - Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Hebrews 2:15 KJB - And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Hebrews 2:16 KJB - For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Hebrews 2:17 KJB - Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 2:18 KJB - For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Consider that Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, is directly citing Isaiah 8:18 KJB, in Hebrews 2:13 KJB, in reference to Jesus Christ and His children, which God the Father, gave unto Him:

Isaiah 8:8 KJB - And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

Isaiah 8:9 KJB - Associate yourselves, O ye people, and ye shall be broken in pieces; and give ear, all ye of far countries: gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces.

Isaiah 8:10 KJB - Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

Isaiah 8:11 KJB - For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying,

Isaiah 8:12 KJB - Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.

Isaiah 8:13 KJB - Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

Isaiah 8:14 KJB - And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

[Isaiah 8:14 KJB is cited again in the New Testament by Paul [Romans 9:32,33 KJB] and Peter [1 Peter 2:8 KJB] as applying directly to Jesus, who is Immanuel, God with us. The entire context so far, is the New Testament with Jesus Christ, the true Israel.]
Isaiah 8:15 KJB - And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

Isaiah 8:16 KJB - Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Side note:

See Isaiah 8:16 KJB, “my disciples” cited in the New Testament by Jesus in Matthew 12:46-50; Mark 14:14; Luke 14:26,27,33, 22:11; John 8:31, 13:35, 15:8 KJB. Notice that the law of God [the Ten Commandments, context], is to be sealed among Jesus' disciples, not negated, done away, abrogated, broken into pieces, but is to be fulfilled in every one of them [Romans 2:27; James 2:8; Galatians 6:2; Romans 8:4; James 4:12; John 14:15; Exodus 20:6].
Isaiah 8:17 KJB - And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Isaiah 8:18 KJB - Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

[The “children” are identified in vs 16, the “disciples”, in whom the law of God was sealed, along with the testimony. This very text is cited in Hebrews 2:13 KJB, by Paul under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and therefore, God interprets His own word, and draws from it, explaining it, as is His prerogative.]
Isaiah 8:19 KJB - And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Isaiah 8:20 KJB - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

[Isaiah 8:20 KJB, in the context of the New Covenant with Jesus Christ [E/Immanuel], is very powerful. Read it carefully and prayerfully. To turn away from this truth, leads only to darkness, because the Law of God [the Ten Commandments] itself is Light, for they are a written transcript of His very character* [see below] - Proverbs 6:23 KJB - For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:]

The fulfillment of these prophecies of Isaiah, is found in the New Testament texts, as seen in Hebrews 2:13, but also:

John 17:12 KJB - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 18:9 KJB - That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.

Matthew 26:18 KJB - And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.

Mark 14:14 KJB - And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

Luke 14:26 KJB - If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:27 KJB - And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:33 KJB - So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 22:11 KJB - And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

John 8:31 KJB - Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John 13:35 KJB - By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:8 KJB - Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

John 13:33 KJB - Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

Mark 10:24 KJB - And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

John 21:5 KJB - Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But are we done yet? Not at all. For consider again, a few more links between the books of Genesis to Malachi, and Matthew to Revelation:

Isaiah 56:1 KJB - Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Who is this talking about? It is talking about Jesus [see also Isaiah 46:13, 51:5,6,8 KJB, “my righteousness shall not be abolished”, Psalms 119:172, “all thy commandments are righteousness”, see also Isaiah 48:18 KJB]:

Matthew 1:21 KJB - And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Luke 2:30 KJB - For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

Acts 4:10 KJB - Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Acts 4:12 KJB - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Etc.

Jump briefly to the next verse in Isaiah 56, verse 8 KJB:

Isaiah 56:8 KJB - The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Who is this talking about? It is Jesus Christ again, and those whom He gathers from two, to make one:

John 10:16 KJB - And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jesus Himself, says that He is fulfilling the prophecy of Isaiah 56:1,8 KJB, in John 10:16 KJB. Now, go back and let us read the context between them:

Isaiah 56:1 KJB - Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Isaiah 56:2 KJB - Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

Isaiah 56:3 KJB - Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

Isaiah 56:4 KJB - For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Isaiah 56:5 KJB - Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 56:6 KJB - Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Isaiah 56:7 KJB - Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Isaiah 56:8 KJB - The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Even the Gentiles were to join themselves to this “Israel”, to the LORD [JEHOVAH Immanuel] Jesus and keep God's holy seventh day the sabbath in the Everlasting Covenant!

Matthew 10:25 KJB - It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

Malachi 1:6 KJB - A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

Luke 6:40 KJB - The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

Absolutely, see its fulfillment in the New Testament [“... the Gentiles are turned to God:” - Acts 15:19 KJB, “That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called ...” - Acts 15:17 KJB, not to cast away the Tabernacle of David, no, but to build it up, see Acts 15:16-17; Amos 9:11-12 KJB, for God had winked at the ignorance of all men in the past, but now commands all men everywhere to come to Him in repentance, and come into obedience to His Law, see Acts 17:30 KJB, see Acts 4:24, 14:15-16; Revelation 10:6, 14:6-7; 2 Peter 2:21; Revelation 12:17; 14:12, 22:14 KJB]:

Exodus 20:8 KJB - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Exodus 20:9 KJB - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

Exodus 20:10 KJB - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Exodus 20:11 KJB - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

God esteems this holy sanctified 7th Day, above all others. It is a memorial [never a shadow] of perfect sinless Creation, and Redemption from all [not some] sin/s, for we are to be brought back to perfection in this life. The real power of the Everlasting Gospel, as it is in Christ Jesus. It is the memorial of when the Father worked with the Son in Creation. It is the memorial of what the Father gave and the Son paid to redeem man. Those who knowingly trample upon this holy and sacred time, doing what they will, instead of God's will, trample not upon a day, but upon the very love of God, in the Person of Jesus Christ, because in it, He lay dead, for our sins.

As it was foretold [see its very context, even with Abram ...]:

Nehemiah 9:6 KJB - Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Psalms 146:6 KJB - Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

[Remember, “thy Law is truth”, and “all thy commandments are truth”, and “truth” is eternal. Psalms 119:142,151,172 KJB]

Jews [in repentance], sheep:

Acts 4:24 KJB - And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

Gentiles [in repentance], other sheep:

Acts 14:15 KJB - And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Acts 14:16 KJB - Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

All peoples [in repentance]:

Revelation 10:6 KJB - And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Revelation 14:6 KJB - And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Revelation 14:7 KJB - Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Again, in the New Testament, the Jews and the Gentiles were turning in repentance unto God, and keeping Holy His day, the 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD Jesus …

Acts 13:42 KJB - And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

Acts 13:43 KJB - Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

Acts 13:44 KJB - And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Jews and Gentiles together! The middle wall was broken down! They were in atonement with one another, and with God, their Creator and Redeemer, in the 7th Day.

Acts 16:13 KJB - And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.

Acts 18:4 KJB - And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Acts 18:11 KJB - And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

The Gentiles, who were turning in repentance to God, to keep His commandments, would be able to learn from the scripture, on every sabbath, from the Torah:

Acts 15:21 KJB - For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Acts 17:2 KJB - And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

[Paul was a follower of his Master, Jesus Christ, and wanted to be like his Master:

Luke 4:16 KJB - And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.]

Acts 17:3 KJB - Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Acts 17:4 KJB - And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Israel and His house, are to keep the 7th Day the sabbath of the LORD their God, Holy:

Hebrews 4:2 KJB - For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hebrews 4:4 KJB - For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Hebrews 4:9 KJB - There remaineth therefore a rest [sabbatismos, literally a sabbath keeping] to the people of God.

Hebrews 4:10 KJB - For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Romans 11:26 KJB - And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:​

More on Hebrews 4, in detail, later, as needed. I have personal and prayerful indepth studies of Hebrews 4; Colossians 2; Romans 14; Galatians, etc, etc.

Isaiah 58:1 KJB - Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

Isaiah 58:12 KJB - And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Isaiah 58:13 KJB - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Isaiah 58:14 KJB - Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Therefore, when we read in Exodus 31:13-18 KJB, that Israel, and the children thereof, are to keep the God's sabbaths, the 7th day holy, Jesus and His children, His disciples, are to keep it eternally holy. It is a “sign” [even the “seal” of] an everlasting Covenant between God and us. For since God can make a day holy, for Jesus rested in it, in death [for He paid the price, the wages of sin on our behalf], can He then take us from filth, and sin, and make us perfect, complete, and holy? If we do not believe, then we are no better than the old Israel after the flesh, who sought it not by faith, and did not attain unto it.

Jesus magnified the Law, and made it Honourable:

Isaiah 42:21 KJB - The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.​

Magnification removes nothing, but deepens and broadens it so that we may see even the smallest detail:

Psalms 119:96 KJB - I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.​

As it is written [Psalms 32:2, 34:13; John 1:47; 1 Peter 2:22, 3:10; Revelation 14:5 KJB] :

Zephaniah 3:13 KJB - The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.​

Appendix, Addendum notation:

*The Law of God [the Ten Commandments] are JEHOVAH's very character, His very Heart [Psalms 40:8 KJB, notice, it is stated of Jesus, that “thy Law is within my heart”, and where was the Law in the Sanctuary? - In the Ark. Therefore, the Ark of God, in the Sanctuary, is a model of God's Eternal Heart, in which is His character]:

[01.]

God is JUST - [Romans 3:26]

His law is JUST - [Romans 7:12]

[02.]

God is TRUE - [John 3:33]

His law is TRUE - [Nehemiah 9:13]

[03.]

God is PURE - [1 John 3:3]

His law is PURE - [Psalms 19:7,8]

[04.]

God is LIGHT - [1 John 1:5]

His law is LIGHT - [Proverbs 6:23]

[05.]

God is FAITHFUL - [1 Corinthians 1:9]

His law is FAITHFUL - [Psalms 119:86]

[06.]

God is GOOD - [Nahum 1:7]

His law is GOOD - [Romans 7:12,16]

[07.]

God is SPIRITUAL - [John 4:24]

His law is SPIRITUAL - [Romans 7:14]

[08.]

God is HOLY - [Isaiah 6:3; 1 Peter 1:15]

His law is HOLY - [Exodus 20:8; Romans 7:12]

[09.]

God is TRUTH - [John 14:6]

His law is TRUTH - [Psalms 119:142,151]

[10.]

God is LIFE - [John 14:6]

His law is LIFE - [Matthew 19:17]

[11.]

God is RIGHTEOUSNESS - [Jeremiah 23:6]

His law is RIGHTEOUSNESS - [Psalms 119:172]

[12.]

God is PERFECT - [Matthew 5:48]

His law is PERFECT - [James 1:25]

[13.]

God is ETERNAL - [John 8:35]

His law is ETERNAL - [Psalms 111:7,8]

[14.]

God is PEACE - [Isaiah 9:6]

His law is PEACE - [Psalms 119:165]

[15.]

God is THE WAY - [John 14:6]

His law is THE WAY - [Psalms 119:30-32]

[16.]

God is SURE - [2 Timothy 2:19]

His law is SURE - [Psalms 19:7, 111:7,8]

[17.]

God is UNCHANGING - [Malachi 3:6]

His law is UNCHANGING - [Psalms 111:7,8]

[18.]

God is SWEET - [Psalms 34:8]

His law is SWEET - [Psalms 19:10, 119:103]

[19.]

God is WISE - [Psalms 111:10]

His law is WISE - [Psalms 19:7]

[20.]

God is OUR MEDITATION - [Psalms 63:6]

His law is OUR MEDITATION - [Psalms 1:2]

[21.]

God is JUDGE - [Psalms 50:6]

His law is JUDGE - [James 2:12]

[22.]

God is ENLIGHTENMENT - [Psalms 18:27]

His law is ENLIGHTENMENT - [Psalms 19:8]

[23.]

God is LOVE - [1 John 4:7,8]

His law is LOVE - [Romans 13:8-10]

[24.]

God is CLEAN - [Psalms 19:9]

His law is CLEAN - [Ezekiel 22:26]

[25.]

God is BLESSED - [Psalms 28:6]

His law is BLESSED - [Exodus 20:11]

[26.]

God is DELIGHT - [Psalms 37:4]

His law is DELIGHT - [Psalms 1:2]

[27.]

God is WONDERFUL - [Isaiah 9:6]

His law is WONDERFUL - [Psalms 119:18]

[28.]

God is LIBERTY - [Isaiah 61:1]

His law is LIBERTY - [James 1:25; Psalms 119:45]

[29.]

God is COMFORT - [Psalms 23:4]

His law is COMFORT - [Psalms 119:50]

[30.]

God is OUR SONG - [Revelation 15:3]

His law is OUR SONG - [Psalms 119:54]

[31.]

God is MERCIFUL - [Exodus 34:5]

His law is MERCIFUL - [Psalms 119:58]

[32.]

God is KNOWLEDGE - [Isaiah 11:2]

His law is KNOWLEDGE - [Psalms 119:66]

[33.]

God is HOPE - [Psalms 130:7]

His law is HOPE - [Psalms 119:74]

[34.]

God is LIFE - [Psalms 36:9]

His law is LIFE - [Proverbs 3:1,2]

[35.]

God is SOUND - [Proverbs 8:13,14]

His law is SOUND - [Psalms 119:80]

[36.]

God is UNDERSTANDING - [Psalms 147:5]

His law is UNDERSTANDING - [Psalms 119:99]

[37.]

God is HAPPINESS - [Psalms 146:5]

His law is HAPPINESS - [Proverbs 29:18]

[38.]

God is JOY - [Psalms 16:11]

His law is JOY - [Psalms 119:162]

What I have shared, does not come of me, or from me, but of God's word [KJB]. It explains itself, line upon line.

John 7:17 KJB - If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Psalms 40:7 KJB - Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Psalms 40:8 KJB - I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Hebrews 10:7 KJB - Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
A loving warning from God to usward:

Hosea 4:6 KJB - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... Well, it didn't and those who thump that we must keep it or lose our eternal inheritance are plain lying to those they are teaching.

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4} Ellen White ...
A person can indeed lose their salvation, as it is written in Leviticus 23; Deuteronomy 30; 1 Samuel 10 & 1 Chronicles 10; Jeremiah 17; Ezekiel 3 & 33, Matthew 12 & 18; Acts 4-5; 1 Corinthians 15; Hebrews 6 & 10; James 1; 2 Peter; Revelation 3 KJB etc, and so on.

Revelation 22:15 KJB - For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Right? But what does scripture say who is a "liar"?

1 John 2:4 KJB - He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

John what commandments are you talking about?

1 John 2:7 KJB - Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.​

Jesus said:

"... love me and keep my commandments" - John 14:15; Exodus 20:6 KJB.​

It amazes me, that Seventh-day Adventists quote scripture [KJB] and their opposition always cites sister White, as if she was somehow in opposition to scripture [KJB], when she is in perfect harmony with it.

The quotation from sister Ellen G. White -- always ripped from its context by detractors and sabbath of the LORD-haters, as a thief would, robbing it of its actual context -- deals with a matter of light received [John 3:19 KJB], and is not a blanket statement:

"... God has set His seventh day Sabbath at the end of every six working days, that men may stop and reflect what they have gained during the week of preparation for the pure kingdom which admits no sin, no transgression. Those who know the truth should each week reckon with their souls to see whether the week that has ended has brought spiritual gain or loss. The mind as much as the body is to be withdrawn from worldly business. It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. To him who keeps the Sabbath aright, God says, I put my sign upon you as one who is obedient. Them that honor me I will honor. ..." - Lt 109, 1899 (August 8, 1899) par. 35

Thou are caught. Repent, and correct your presentation of that quote in future. You are now without excuse in any future citation of that reference. Thou art inexcusable, O man, from here onward.

All of God's commandments, or none of them [James 2:10 KJB]. Ten is the number of wholeness, see Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJB.

...The new covenant is the covenant of salvation for all mankind. ...
The New covenant is the Everlasting Covenant made in Christ Jesus, True Israel, True Judah, and thus for those of His children, which are in Him, the LORD of the Sabbath, their Creator and Redeemer.

... Israel’s Promised Land is defunct as is the covenant that governed the people. ...
As stated, the Ten Commandments are promises of the Eternal Kingdom, see Exodus 20:12 KJB:

Exodus 20:12 KJB - Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

The "land" that is truly given, was not physical canaan, but the New Heaven and New Earth [Isaiah 65:17, 66:2; 2 Peter 3:13], the very world to come [Matthew 12:32; Mark 10:30; Luke 18:30; Ephesians 2:7; Colossians 2:17; Hebrews 2:5, 6:5, 9;11, 10:1, 13:14 KJB, etc]. Consider Abraham knew this:

Hebrews 11:10 KJB - For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:14 KJB - For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

Hebrews 11:16 KJB - But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Hebrews 13:14 KJB - For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

... The new covenant does not demand that mankind observe ritual days given only to Israel. ...
Again you added the word 'ritual days'. There is no such Bible text in all of scripture [KJB] concerning God's Holy 7th day Sabbath. Prove that statement wrong.

There are differences between God's "my Sabbaths", and the yearl festal "their sabbaths", as already demonstrated in Leviticus 23, those shadowy sabbaths given after sin pointing forward as type, under Levitical law, that were to be kept "beside" the "sabbaths of the LORD" [see also Mark 2:28 KJB] which are Light [never shadow] made before sin of mankind for mankind [as all in Adam, "the man"; Mark 2:27 KJB] which is the eternal memorial of perfect Creation without sin and total Redemption from sin [1 John 3:4 KJB].

... In fact the new covenant is partially about only two rituals, communion and marriage. ...
You do realize that if you want to speak about 'rituals', it includes the washing of feet [John 13:15 KJB]. Do you do this, when it is commanded by Jesus Himself? There are other things also. Not the present focus of this reply.

... There is nothing about observing days.
Go back and read Isaiah 56:1-8, in context of John 10:16 and the whole of the book of Acts. Read also Isaiah 66 in regards "all flesh", and so on. Read Acts 15, citing the OT Amos, about building up not removing.

... Another fact is that in 2Cor 3:7-11 Paul wrote that the 10 commandments WERE the commandments of death and that they WERE done away.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is
done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. ...
There are two glories and two ministrations, but only 1 Law in 2 Corinthians 3:

[1] the glory of that Law that shone from Moses face, types and shadows through a veil

[2] the glory of that Law that shines in Jesus' face, reality and body, unveiled, revealed, manifested and exceeds because it is no longer mere theory on stone, but demonstration in Life
[1] ministration of the Law on two tables of stone, external

[2] ministration of the Law on two tables flesh [the brain has two hemispheres], looking at the frontal lobe straight on where God writes the Ten Commandments, the Law of Love, looks like to arches of tables], internal

and therefore you misread which glory was done away and what "remaineth" [2 Corinthians 3:11 KJB]. The Ten Commandments are not gone, but the "ministration" of them changed, from stone external mere letter to fleshy internal spirit which always fulfills the letter. The glory spoken of is given in masculine, and does not refer back to other glory given in neuter.

2 Corinthians 3:7 KJB - But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:​

What was the "glory" that was to be done away? That which shone in Moses' face. Which glory then remains and is now administered in a more glorious way? The glory of the Law as it is in Christ Jesus.

Why? For a greater glory than the glory of Moses face, which was merely reflection of the Glory of God from the Law written in Stone, was to be seen directly in the face of Jesus Christ, God's glory and His Law directly seen in the Life lived perfectly, the Law as it is to be in the heart, from love to God, Divinity clothed in humanity, the likeness of sinful flesh, the same flesh we have, victorious over all temptation, condemned sin in the flesh...

2 Corinthians 4:6 KJB - For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... GAl 3:

3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: ...
That is talking about "justification". No true Seventh-day Adventists teach that salvation comes by law, any law. It is a straw man, a lie foisted upon us, and we deny it every time. The children of faith, as Abraham, kept God's commandments as shown you earlier.

Salvation is by God's grace through faith [given by God] and not of works, etc. See Ephesians 2:8-10 KJB and compare to 2 Timothy 3:14-17 KJB, as I have shown elsewhere [1] & [2] :

"... Salvation, indeed, even justification, is by God's grace through faith, unearned.

Ephesians 2:8 KJB - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 KJB - Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:10 KJB - For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Faith unto good works, not for salvation, but the good works are in salvation, after belief, revealing its actual occurence/transaction. Look at the order of progression in the thought, from its origin to its finality.

A pardoned criminal, with record cleared, having thus been paid in full, is set at liberty once more, not to commit that which was done in the past, which made them criminal, but now unto a new citizen, with differing [good, not criminal] works. A criminal still on death row, who has not received pardon, it would not matter what works were done, for the works cannot pay the death penalty, even if done into infinity, the penalty was death, not works. ..."

"..."in" salvation. I have said this on numerous (I lost count) occasions. Not "toward" salvation. In fact, before salvation, there is no "good works", it is as filthy rags, it is nothing but debt, never the relieving of debt, and afterward it is His good works, being worked out in us.

That which parallels Ephesians 2:8-10 KJB, is 2 Timothy 3:14-17 KJB:

2 Timothy 3:14 KJB - But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

2 Timothy 3:15 KJB - And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:16 KJB - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 KJB - That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Salvation, is that which is being bought and brought [see Leviticus 25 KJB, in type] back into the perfect will of God [His Ten Commandments]. As James says, the [good, living] works are not the root, but the fruit born of the root of real faith:

Luke 8:15 KJB - But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
Notice:

James 2:14 KJB - What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:15 KJB - If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

James 2:16 KJB - And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

James 2:17 KJB - Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:18 KJB - Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James 2:19 KJB - Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

James 2:20 KJB - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:21 KJB - Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

James 2:22 KJB - Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

James 2:23 KJB - And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

James 2:24 KJB - Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:25 KJB - Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

James 2:26 KJB - For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
How did Abraham believe God? Mere mental ascent? No, it was through actual demonstration of the living faith, in the good work by offering Isaac in reality, requested by the commandment of God, thus was obedience and true worship in spirit and in truth. Or one might say in heart and deed.

Hebrews 6:1 KJB, makes the distinction from "dead works", and thus its contrast in Christ, of living works.

Christ Jesus has given us something to "keep" through living faith [not "dead", again not for, not towards, but] "in" salvation:

Revelation 12:17 KJB And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:3 KJB - And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

John 14:15 KJB - If ye love me, keep my commandments. [see Exodus 20:6 KJB]

John 14:23 KJB - Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 15:10 KJB - If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

etc., etc.
A man which does not, through faith, keep the commandments of God [Exodus 20:1-17 KJB], did they really have saving faith? No. They had doubt:

Romans 14:23 KJB - "... or whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

1 John 3:4 KJB - Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 6:23 KJB - "For the wages of sin is death; ..."
Notice, the "faith of Jesus":

Revelation 14:12 KJB - Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
That text does not say "faith in Jesus", but rather the more powerful "faith of Jesus", which allowed Him to walk in the fallen sinful flesh of mankind, as we have now, and not sin. He gave us that example, for He is both substitute and example. ..."

The "works" of the Law are not the Law, the Ten Commandments itself, and there is a difference between living works [by faith] and dead works [no faith] as both Paul and James states. You have errerd again and moreso you have painted the Seventh-day Adventist, in their stated position, falsely. Repent. State what we actually teach.

The two covenants are identified by Paul in Galatians.

The 'old covenant' [the agreement of the peoples with God, "All that the LORD hath spoken we will do", Exodus 19:3-9 KJB] is represented [H]Agar and Ishmael, the child of doubt/faithlessness and human works and Egypt, a bond-servant, stuck in sin.

As well as the Everlasting Covenant ["my covenant" [Exodus 19:5 KJB]], God's promises as in His Eternal law as seen fulfilled in Abraham's faith, and in Sarah's faith having received strength to believe to conceive seed [Hebrews 11:11 KJB] and was thus "delivered", and the promise fulfilled by faith unto obedience and thus came Isaac, the child of faith and righteousness and promised land, free from sin. For whatsoever is not of faith is sin [Romans 14:23 KJB], and sin is the transgression of the Law [1 John 3:4 KJB]

It was not the Law which saved, but Christ Jesus which saved us to obey His Law - Matthew 1:21; John 14:15; Exodus 20:6 KJB.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...No matter how you cut it trying to keep the Sabbath is works of the defunct, for Israel only, Law. ...
No, that is a man-made statement, not found in scripture [KJB] even once. The Sabbath of the LORD thy God, even Jesus, is the sign of rest, and perfect creation, sinlessness.

To transgress it, is to trample upon Jesus Christ Himself. Consider the price that was paid, in that the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, the 7th Day, His Holy Day, is the memorial of the price that God paid in Christ Jesus to redeem us from sin, the transgression of His Law/character and from eternal death. Consider how the Father looks up those who trample upon the day, which memorializes [as it had for perfect Creation] perfect Redemption in Christ Jesus, as He lay dead and in the tomb. Lifeless that we might have life. Cold that we might have warmth. Despised that we might have love. Alone that we might have fellowship. No breath, that we might have the breath of His spirit. Bound in grave clothes considered among the sinners [though He was sinless], that we might be free from sin and the grave.

As shown to you, Jesus is Israel, Is the Lion of the tribe of Judah. The promises of God are Yea and Amen in Him alone. His disciples are His children, of whom the Law and Testimony are sealed in. The Sabbath is eternal as He is, and in Him is no sin. The LORD of the Sabbath. If you come to Him, He will give you this rest. Right now, you have a law apart from God's law. You have a law of self-righteousness. It is works. It is not of faith. Take up God's offer, In His Son, which brings us to obey His Law by the Holy Spirit, then it is rest from sin [1 John 3:4 KJB]. The Law is spriitual and could only ever be obeyed by the power of the Holy Spirit, who writes that Law within.

...The covenant was broken by Israel. A broken covenant has no power. ...
The 'old covenant' was indeed broken, even at the very beginning, a golden calf, and thus they made an image to the beast, worshipped after man-made things, rather than the Creator, though they called it the worship of the Creator, when they themselves created it.

... The Sinai covenant is history. ...
Actually, many today still practice it, including yourself, though you think you are not.

... The new covenant is an everlasting covenant not like the one it replaced. ...
Agreed, but you do not yet understand what the 'old covenant' was/is, having confused God's "My covenant" [which Ten Commandments are perfect promises], with their 'faulty promises'.

... It is a better covenant with better promises. ...
Agreed. Now show me one single faulty promise in God's Ten Commandments. I warn you, that if you attempt, you will be doing exactly what Lucifer did in the beginning, to find flaw with God Himself, as it is a written transcript of his character as shown you.

... You can choose to live under the defunct ministry of death and die or live under the eternal covenant of life and live. ...
I am not under the 'old covenant'. Jesus Christ, the one in whom all the promises are yea and amen, is my saviour and redeemer from sin [1 John 3:4 KJB]. I have called upon the name of the LORD.

... Jesus died so that Israel would not die according to the ministry of death. In so doing He has offered all mankind the opportunity to receive Him and live under the new covenant. The choice is yours. Choose wisely.
I have chosen, even wisely, even "Wisdom" Himself.

You have mistaken many things, and parrot the same error as others have fed you, and are actually under the 'old covenant', since you do not obey God in His commandments, having accepted another in their place, though they look similar, one is a counterfeit.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hello 1stcenturylady, indeed. Always happy to share my testimony on when I was baptised in God's Spirit and happy to share it with everyone..

This is my testimony.

When I first started reading God's Word, I believed that I needed to keep God's Law (10 commandments) for my salvation accepting the death and life of Jesus. I was very exacting in what I believed at the time and tried to be very strict in my observance to obey God's Law. I found after some time that the harder I tried the more I saw myself as a sinner going through a cycle of sinning, confessing and repenting the same old sins, until I was ready to give up in discouragement. I also saw myself on the inside. Sometimes I was outwardly never breaking God's Laws but in my thinking it was not a very nice place to be at all. Where was this love I was suppose to have for others. I knew deep down inside that I did not really love people like Jesus wanted me to.

What now? Reading God's Word Jesus is telling me even if I look on a woman to lust I have already committed adultery applying God's Law to my very thoughts? Ok here I lost all hope..... condemned as a sinner....... All my righteousness now was as it is plainly to be seen, filthy rags. I have finally given up all hope of trying to keep God's Law. There is finally nothing that I can do to save myself.

It was at this place for the very first time in my life I met Jesus. I could finally see that it was he who died on the cross for my sins and that I was the chiefest of sinners of whom Christ had come to save! I knew for the very first time in my life that Jesus had come into the world not to save the righteous but bring sinners to repentance. Before I was righteous (in my own eyes) but now I can see myself just how God sees me, sick with sin in need of a Savoir. The Law of God was my schoolmaster that brought me to the cross to meet Jesus for the first time. Here I was at the cross, all undone my complete dependence was no longer on what I could do, but was only on what God's Word says it would do. For the first time I had complete dependence on the Word of God to do what it says it would do and that Jesus was holding out His free gift of salvation to me all he wanted me to do was to believe His Word and it was mine. I saw for the very first time that I love Him because He first loved me.

Now I walk with him. His commandments that brought me to him are no longer his commandments. They are his promises and as I received Jesus I live in Jesus, by faith in his Word to do what it says it will do. Now I obey and follow him because I love him. He has made me free in Him and given me power to walk with him in newness of life. Now I follow the God of creation by faith and dependence on the Word only to do what it says it will do. I love Jesus and His Word. His Words are spirit and they are life! I worship Jesus every day. I follow His Word by faith and it is he that works in me as I believe His Word. For the very first time I am free in Him, He changes me day by day as I believe His Word.

A counterfeit Gospel is out there. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation.

Why is God's Law important to helping someone to have faith in Christ alone?

Because it is only through the Law of God (10 commandments) that any of us have a knowledge of what sin is (1John 3:4; Rom 3:20; 24). If we do away with God's Law we have no knowledge of sin. If we have no knowledge of sin we have no need of a savior. If we have no need of a savior we have no salvation. If we have no salvation we are lost. "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law." (Rom 2:12).

God's Law shows us that we are sinners in need of a savior. God's Law was given to us that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God (Rom 3:19). It shows us that we are sinners and cannot save ourselves from this disease that we have within us so that we can by Faith lay hold of the promises of God's Words so that Jesus can save us from our sins. Jesus did not come to save the righteous (those that think they do not need saving) but sinners (those that know their need of saving) (Matt 9:12-13; Mark 2:17; Luke 5:32) God's Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ. It will be the basis of the judgement where we will all be accountable to God.

The Law of God is the only way of showing us who we truly are, sinners in need of a Savior and in this condition we can see for the first time Him who loved us and washed us in His own blood and by faith only lay hold of the promises of Gods Word. (2Pet 1:4) It is here as we believe God, that he changes us from living a life of breaking God's Law to a life of walking with him. It is through the operation of God through Love because he first loved us that we follow Jesus not for salvation but because of love. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law in us who walk not after the flesh (carnal sinful mind) but after the spirit and why Jesus says to his followers, "If you love me keep the commandments" (John 14:15).

People cannot see that this is the operation of God in the believer and assume God's people believe they are saved by their works, when in fact Jesus is saving us from our sins to walk in newness of life in fulfillment of His new Covenant promise (Heb 8:10-12)...... Gods Sheep hear His Voice salvation is from sin and sin is the transgression of God's Law (1John 3:4) whosoever is living in sin has neither seen him nor known him (1John 3:6).

Sometimes God gives me the gift of Prophecy. I have dreams and see things relating to the last days. Some of these things I have put up in videos on a personal website linked here.

www.beastsmark.com

May God bless you are you seek him through his WORD.

Very nice. One thing I wanted to ask you. Do you still feel like a sinner in need of a Savior? I couldn't tell if you still felt that you were or not.

God's Law shows us that we are sinners in need of a savior.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Very nice. One thing I wanted to ask you. Do you still feel like a sinner in need of a Savior? I couldn't tell if you still felt that you were or not.
God's Law not only shows persons their need of a Saviour, even down to this very day, which demonstrates their inviolability and eternal nature, but they are also each a promise of God to the New Man, in that in the New Covenant, God says, "I will ....", and through faith in that promises understand the mercy-side of God's character [The Ten Commandments], such that, He promises that:

we will not have other gods before Him.

we will not make graven images or bow down to serve them.

we will not take the name of the LORD our God in vain.

we will Remember to keep His Sabbath, the 7th Day, the LORD's day, Holy.

we will honour our Father and mother, and inherit the new Heaven and Earth, the land of the promise.

we will not kill/murder.

we will not commit adultery.

we will not steal.

we will not bear false witness against our near-brother.

we will not covet our near-brother's wife or house or things.

Why, because they are God's own immutable character, and we are re-made in His image and likeness.

So why does it say that we will not commit adultery? It is because God is perfectly faithful in His promises.

So why does it say that we will not kill/murder? It is because God Himself is eternal life.

So why does it say that we will not steal? It is because God gave His only begotten Son, even all things in Him, withholding nothing.

So why does it say that we will not covet? It is because God is self-less love.

So why does it say that we shall honour our Father and mother? It is because God is honourable and honours those who honour Him, and New Jerusalem above is the mother of us all, and whosoever does the will of God is His brother, sister and mother.

So why does it say that we shall Remember to keep the Sabbath holy? It is because God Himself is Holy, and the Author and Finisher of our Faith, perfecting the Love of God in us.

So why does it say that we shall not take His name in vain? It is because the name of God is love itself, and He cannot deny His character.

etc...

Do you realize that anyone in breaking God's Sabbath and disregarding His explicit command, they have broken all the commandments?

1. Placing another as 'god" before God, for they acknowledge another and obey them
2. They have an idol, either of self, or another, they serve another, rather than the Creator [the LORD of the 7th Day]
3. They have taken God's name in vain, for they do not have His character [which the Law is a transcript of]
4. They have not rested, but worked, not believed but doubted
5. They dishonoured their Father in Heaven [Isaiah 58:13 KJB], and their Mother [Galatians 4:26 KJB]
6. They have murdered themselves, not resting, but continuing to work
7. They have commited adultery having left subjection to God, for another's will
8. They have stolen themselves from God, and thieved the time that belonged to Him, living as they pleased
9. They have born false witness in the world as to who God is, what His character is like
10. They have coveted their own ideas, plans and time rather than God's will.
Why is that commandment not important? It has the word Holy in it, the Holy Commandment [2 Peter 2:21 KJB]. It has God's actual name YHVH in it, describing His authority, position and kingdom.

The Sabbath commandment, a promise as are all the others, describes the moral aspect of God's character:

1. God is relational, God to man, and man to man, an at-one-ing God.
2. God is purposeful, God gives purpose, of work and rest.
3. God is Creator and Redeemer, and concerns Himself in love to that which is created, thus He is Life
4. God is an Author and Finisher, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the ending, First and the last
5. God is Holy, and the Sanctifier and the one who Blesses
6. God is above nature, greater than creation
7. God is the example for all creation, in that He worked and in that He rested
8. God is selfless, being the giver, for it was given as a gift
9. God is logical, mathematical, orderly, consistent, star systems, planets, orbits, days, years, cycles, etc
10. God is no respecter of persons
11. God is worthy to be worshipped, loved, etc
12. God is the owner and sustainer
13. God is all about family, cohesive love
14. God is intelligent and wise, thus "remember" [a word, re-member, to bring back together as one, at-one-ment]
15. God is fore-thinking
etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
... Question: how could a ... command given to Israel commanding Israel, and Israel only.
Now let's deal with this error of an Israelite sabbath, many times mis-nomered/called the "old Jewish sabbath":

The Israelites, the peoples, were to be a Light unto the Gentiles, the nations surrounding them

Deuteronomy 4:5 KJB - Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

Deuteronomy 4:6 KJB - Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

Deuteronomy 4:7 KJB - For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

Deuteronomy 4:8 KJB - And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
Both King David and King Solomon knew this [1 Kings 10:1-13 KJB], which even brought the queen of 7 [sheba] to Solomon and she marvelled, taking the truth back with her to her country, and we find even the fruit of it in the book of Acts [Acts 8:26-40 KJB]. See Genesis 18:18; and such as Isaiah 60 KJB, etc.

Exodus 19:6 KJB - And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Such a holy royal nation was to be a guide to the blind, a lifter up of the fallen in sin and who could still repent [not those nations which God had already given hundreds of years of mercy, and thus were to be cut out of the land].

Answer me, and you will so in answering me, answer your own question:

Does the bible [KJB] use the phrase "Jewish Sabbath" anywhere in either OT [Genesis to Malachi] or NT [Matthew to Revelation]?

Since most, incorrectly, think that sabbath keeping began with Moses, rather than with JEHOVAH from the beginning in Genesis, let us ask:

Was Moses an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Was Aaron an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Was Miriam an Levite/Hebrew rather than a "Jew"?

Were the mixed multitude "Jews" that came up out of Egypt with Moses and Israel [the peoples]?

Was Moses' wife, Zipporah, a "Jew"?

Were the other tribes of Israel, in the days of Moses, other than Judah, "Jews"?

In the prophecy of Isaiah 56:1-8 [mentioned in the NT, John 10:16, 21:17, etc], were the "sons of the stranger" who were to take hold of the New Covenant, "keepeth the sabbath from polluting it", and have an "everlasting name", physically "Jews"?

In Acts 13:42-44, did even the "Gentiles" come together on the "sabbath" to "hear the word of God"?

In the prophecy of Isaiah 66:22-23, in regards the "new heavens" and the "new earth", wherein "from one sabbath to another", shall therein "all flesh" come to worship before God, is the "all flesh" only physically "Jews"?

In Genesis 2:1-3; appropriated in Exodus 20:8-11, etc, did God [Elohiym], when finished with the work of creation, cease and then "rested" in "the seventh day", which was then "blessed" and "sanctified"?

Was God then [Genesis 2:1-3] in the form of a servant, a man, or a Jew [from the tribe of Judah]?

Genesis 2:1-3 & Exodus 20:11 KJB, says that God rested the 7th Day, all the way back in Genesis, and that "the seventh day" is "the sabbath of the LORD [JEHOVAH] thy God [Elohiym]" [Exodus 20:10 KJB]:

Genesis 2:1 KJB - Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Genesis 2:2 KJB - And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Genesis 2:3 KJB - And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:11 KJB - For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
So, when God "made" the sabbath, was it "made" for "the man" Adam [and thus all humanity in him]?

I ask, because Jesus said this:

Mark 2:27 KJB - And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Mark 2:27 GNT TR - και ελεγεν αυτοις το σαββατον δια τον ανθρωπον εγενετο ουχ ο ανθρωπος δια το σαββατον​

Literally, '... the sabbath [of the LORD [JEHOVAH], the 7th day, context] was made/created for the man ...'

The only "the [definite article] man" [Hebrew: 'ha adam'] [singular] that was around when things were "made" [thus at Genesis], is "Adam" [and all humanity in him]. This agrees with Genesis 2:7, which speaks of "the Adam":

Genesis 2:7 KJB - And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:7 HOT - וייצר יהוה אלהים את־האדם עפר מן־האדמה ויפח באפיו נשׁמת חיים ויהי האדם לנפשׁ חיה׃

Genesis 2:7 HOT Translit. - waYiytzer y'hwäh élohiym et-ädäm äfär min-häádämäh waYiPach B'aPäyw nish'mat chaYiym way'hiy ädäm l'nefesh chaYäh

Genesis 2:7 LXX* (so-called) - καὶ ἔπλασεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν ἄνθρωπον χοῦν ἀπὸ τῆς γῆς καὶ ἐνεφύσησεν εἰς τὸ πρόσωπον αὐτοῦ πνοὴν ζωῆς, καὶ ἐγένετο ἄνθρωπος εἰς ψυχὴν ζῶσαν.
Thus, would you agree that the LORD [JEHOVAH] God [Elohiym] "made" "the seventh day" "the sabbath of the LORD [JEHOVAH] thy God [Elohiym]" "for" Adam, "the man", and that God set the example for "the man" the first time by having "rested" in it way back then, and then blessed and hallowed it "for" "the man" - Adam; for God having "made" it "for" "the man" as a holy blessing and delight?

Was the "man" [Adam] for whom the "sabbath" was "made" a physical "Jew"?

Is the word "stranger" [gentile, of another nation than Israel] included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

Are even the domesticated beasts of service and burden [Ox and Ass], included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

Are even the "manservant" and "maidservant" [which could be of any nationality] included in the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11?

In the 4th Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11, was it not the LORD God [YHVH, JEHOVAH Elohiym] who "rested" in the beginning of Creation, Genesis 2:1-3, and therefore is His [belonging to] Holy day [the seventh day and no other] in which He rested from creating/speaking, and thus blessed and sanctified the seventh day for the man, Mark 2:27-28?

Since the Sabbath of the LORD God is in existence in the perfect creation in Genesis 2:1-3; utilized in Exodus 20:8-11, in the very Ten Commandments, and seen in the perfect life and example of Jesus, whose very daily life demonstrated the taking away of sin, which is transgression of the Holy Law of God [and Lucifer was cast out from there because of sin, and sin shall not exist therein ever again], part of the New Covenant in Isaiah 56, etc, and is again in the perfect New Creation of the New Heavens and New Earth, in Isaiah 66, wherein "all flesh" come to worship before JEHOVAH in every the Blessed Holy 7th day, the Sabbath of the LORD, are only physical "Jews" to keep it in redemption, or shall rather all who dress in the provided heavenly garments of salvation/redemption keep it [dress and keep]?

In the NT Gospels, book of Acts and Epistles, did Jesus' true disciples and apostles ever cease from keeping the Sabbath of the LORD Jesus their God, since Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath, being His Blessed Holy day, from creation?

In the NT, did Jesus ever rebuke those Jewish leaders who had loaded the sabbath down with traditions from their elders/fathers which nullified the Commandment of God to none effect?

Jesus is "the Jew", even "the man".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
God's Law not only shows persons their need of a Saviour, even down to this very day, which demonstrates their inviolability and eternal nature, but they are also each a promise of God to the New Man, in that in the New Covenant, God says, "I will ....", and through faith in that promises understand the mercy-side of God's character [The Ten Commandments], such that, He promises that:

we will not have other gods before Him.

we will not make graven images or bow down to serve them.

we will not take the name of the LORD our God in vain.

we will Remember to keep His Sabbath, the 7th Day, the LORD's day, Holy.

we will honour our Father and mother, and inherit the new Heaven and Earth, the land of the promise.

we will not kill/murder.

we will not commit adultery.

we will not steal.

we will not bear false witness against our near-brother.

we will not covet our near-brother's wife or house or things.

Why, because they are God's own immutable character, and we are re-made in His image and likeness.

So why does it say that we will not commit adultery? It is because God is perfectly faithful in His promises.

So why does it say that we will not kill/murder? It is because God Himself is eternal life.

So why does it say that we will not steal? It is because God gave His only begotten Son, even all things in Him, withholding nothing.

So why does it say that we will not covet? It is because God is self-less love.

So why does it say that we shall honour our Father and mother? It is because God is honourable and honours those who honour Him, and New Jerusalem above is the mother of us all, and whosoever does the will of God is His brother, sister and mother.

So why does it say that we shall Remember to keep the Sabbath holy? It is because God Himself is Holy, and the Author and Finisher of our Faith, perfecting the Love of God in us.

So why does it say that we shall not take His name in vain? It is because the name of God is love itself, and He cannot deny His character.

etc...

Do you realize that anyone in breaking God's Sabbath and disregarding His explicit command, they have broken all the commandments?

1. Placing another as 'god" before God, for they acknowledge another and obey them
2. They have an idol, either of self, or another, they serve another, rather than the Creator [the LORD of the 7th Day]
3. They have taken God's name in vain, for they do not have His character [which the Law is a transcript of]
4. They have not rested, but worked, not believed but doubted
5. They dishonoured their Father in Heaven [Isaiah 58:13 KJB], and their Mother [Galatians 4:26 KJB]
6. They have murdered themselves, not resting, but continuing to work
7. They have commited adultery having left subjection to God, for another's will
8. They have stolen themselves from God, and thieved the time that belonged to Him, living as they pleased
9. They have born false witness in the world as to who God is, what His character is like
10. They have coveted their own ideas, plans and time rather than God's will.
Why is that commandment not important? It has the word Holy in it, the Holy Commandment [2 Peter 2:21 KJB]. It has God's actual name YHVH in it, describing His authority, position and kingdom.

The Sabbath commandment, a promise as are all the others, describes the moral aspect of God's character:

1. God is relational, God to man, and man to man, an at-one-ing God.
2. God is purposeful, God gives purpose, of work and rest.
3. God is Creator and Redeemer, and concerns Himself in love to that which is created, thus He is Life
4. God is an Author and Finisher, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the ending, First and the last
5. God is Holy, and the Sanctifier and the one who Blesses
6. God is above nature, greater than creation
7. God is the example for all creation, in that He worked and in that He rested
8. God is selfless, being the giver, for it was given as a gift
9. God is logical, mathematical, orderly, consistent, star systems, planets, orbits, days, years, cycles, etc
10. God is no respecter of persons
11. God is worthy to be worshipped, loved, etc
12. God is the owner and sustainer
13. God is all about family, cohesive love
14. God is intelligent and wise, thus "remember" [a word, re-member, to bring back together as one, at-one-ment]
15. God is fore-thinking
etc.

So what do you think the holy commandment was in 2 Peter 2:21?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟657,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not a doubt in my mind, no question whatsoever, is not the difference between us. See 1 Corinthians 10 KJB. They had the same Rock, the same Jesus, see Acts 7:45,55,59; Hebrews 4:8 KJB, as Jesus was in the cloud/fire that led them, see Joshua 5 KJB, etc]], the same salvation by faith [looking forward, see John 8:56 KJB], the same everlasting Gospel, see Hebrews 4:2; Galatians 3:8 KJB, etc.

Abraham, the friend of God [2 Chronicles 20:7; Isaiah 41:8; James 2:23 KJB; just as Moses was [Exodus 33:11 KJB], just as the disciples were; [John 14:15, 15:14,15]] had the Ten Commandments, spoken to Him by God, by very voice:

Genesis 26:5 KJB - Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

The same thing that was basically said to Moses but in the negative:

Exodus 16:28 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

But notice that Abraham was to teach his children those Ten Commandments, etc:

Genesis 18:19 KJB - For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Which went with the Everlasting Gospel [Genesis 3:15; Galatians 3:16; Revelation 14:6 KJB, etc] itself:

Genesis 18:18 KJB - Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Thus Abraham taught his children, and their children as it was written of him. Who was his child and his children, and their children, etc?

Isaac.

Isaac begat Esau and Jacob.

Jacob is Israel.

Israel begat the 12 tribes, of whom was Joseph.

Joseph went down into Egypt, likewsie the brethren and father Jacob.

After a new pharaoh arose, and Joseph was forgotten, the people turned aside from obedience to God, fell into the bondage of sin/slavery and forgot to "remember" the Sabbath. Which is why God asked the question:

Exodus 16:28 KJB - And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

Moses was a Sabbath reformer:

Exodus 5:1 KJB - And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.

Exodus 5:2 KJB - And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go.

Exodus 5:3 KJB - And they said, The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: let us go, we pray thee, three days' journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the LORD our God; lest he fall upon us with pestilence, or with the sword.

Exodus 5:4 KJB - And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.

Exodus 5:5 KJB - And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, and ye make them rest from their burdens.

[The word "rest", is H7673, "והשׁבתם", "w'hish'BaTem", the very same exact word used in Genesis 2:2-3, "וישׁבת", "waYish'Bot", "שׁבת", "shävat", which God Himself says in Exodus 20:8-11 is His "Sabbath", "שׁבת", "shaBät". Do you believe what God said, that the word in Genesis is His Sabbath as He sasys in Exodus, or do you believe what men tell you about the words used in Genesis?]
Exodus 5:6 KJB - And Pharaoh commanded the same day the taskmasters of the people, and their officers, saying,

Exodus 5:7 KJB - Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as heretofore: let them go and gather straw for themselves.

Exodus 5:8 KJB - And the tale of the bricks, which they did make heretofore, ye shall lay upon them; ye shall not diminish ought thereof: for they be idle; therefore they cry, saying, Let us go and sacrifice to our God.

Exodus 5:9 KJB - Let there more work be laid upon the men, that they may labour therein; and let them not regard vain words.

[Note: Pharaoh just called God's Sabbath commandment, "vain words" and to "not regard [not obey]" them. And in so doing told/commanded the people they could not "rest" [sabbath], but were to have more labour/work put upon them. Obey God or man. What do you say?]
Exodus 5:10 KJB - And the taskmasters of the people went out, and their officers, and they spake to the people, saying, Thus saith Pharaoh, I will not give you straw.

Exodus 5:11 KJB - Go ye, get you straw where ye can find it: yet not ought of your work shall be diminished.

Exodus 5:12 KJB - So the people were scattered abroad throughout all the land of Egypt to gather stubble instead of straw.

Exodus 5:13 KJB - And the taskmasters hasted them, saying, Fulfil your works, your daily tasks, as when there was straw.

Exodus 5:14 KJB - And the officers of the children of Israel, which Pharaoh's taskmasters had set over them, were beaten, and demanded, Wherefore have ye not fulfilled your task in making brick both yesterday and to day, as heretofore?

Exodus 5:15 KJB - Then the officers of the children of Israel came and cried unto Pharaoh, saying, Wherefore dealest thou thus with thy servants?

Exodus 5:16 KJB - There is no straw given unto thy servants, and they say to us, Make brick: and, behold, thy servants are beaten; but the fault is in thine own people.

Exodus 5:17 KJB - But he said, Ye are idle, ye are idle: therefore ye say, Let us go and do sacrifice to the LORD.

Exodus 5:18 KJB - Go therefore now, and work; for there shall no straw be given you, yet shall ye deliver the tale of bricks.

Exodus 5:19 KJB - And the officers of the children of Israel did see that they were in evil case, after it was said, Ye shall not minish ought from your bricks of your daily task.​
Again, you have a misunderstanding of what the 'old covenant' was. I am not talking about the 'old covenant' at all. I am speaking of the Everlasting/New covenant as it was between the Father and the Son in eternity past, ratified by the blood of Jesus at Calvary, and ratified by the Father in Heaven at Jesus ascension. It was this that was given to Adam in Genesis 3:15 KJB in promise.
Wow! did you write all that yourself? If not you didn't give any credit. I see some real truth and some real error. I should have made it clear that God gave the Sinai covenant to Israel and Israel only. The Sinai covenant contained the 10 commandments. Never before were those commandments written in any scripture. There is no evidence in all of written history anything about any nation having the 10 commandments. Furthermore Paul writes in 2Cor 3:7-11 that the 10 commandments were done away. So, all your long posts claiming that the old covenant was not the Sinai covenant or what ever you are claiming is for naught. Christians know we belong to the truth if we believe in Jesus and love as He loves. Why make it so hard and drawn out to try to prove otherwise? And no I didn't read all of your posts. I didn't need to after you wrote that the 10 commandments are "[the perfect, righteousness, spiritual, holy, just and good and eternal Law of God."

As you can plainly read Paul refers to the 10 as the ministry of death that has ended, was transitory, temporary. Why could Paul write such a thing? Because the covenant made with Israel in which the 10 were the words of the covenant , were broken by Israel. The agreement was made void. There is no 10 commandment law in Jesus new covenant. Nine of the ten dealt with morality and are part of the new covenant law of love. The Sabbath command was a ritual command and is not repeated in the new covenant rituals. Paul calls the Sabbath of Israel a shadow, Jesus is the reality.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Wow! did you write all that yourself?...
Yes, I wrote it all out [though some is resourced such as the character of God listing, but it was manually re-written and formatted from its original, and since it is just scripture citations it doesn't belong to that original source any more than it does to me].

I have thousands more pages [not boasting, just saying] written.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...As you can plainly read Paul refers to the 10 as the ministry of death that has ended, was transitory, temporary...
Ask yourself "why" did Paul find the Law of Life, to be death:

Romans 7:10 KJB - And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Romans 7:11 KJB - For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Romans 7:12 KJB - Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:13 KJB - Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Ask yourself "why" did Paul find the Law of Life, to be death:

Romans 7:10 KJB - And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Romans 7:11 KJB - For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Romans 7:12 KJB - Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:13 KJB - Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.​

Because the problem wasn't the law, it was our sin nature.

So what do you think the holy commandment was in 2 Peter 2:21 you quoted?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.