✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you commit willful sin?
Yes, the same as you do. When I do my conscience is seered, for the law is in my heart. I have no rest, no peace until I come before my Father in Heaven and tell him I am sorry for my folly. Then I get my peace back
Now contrast that response, with you and lgw reeling off the partial letter from the top of your heads, devoid of the reality of your own lives.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 3:5-9 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
Would you like to answer the question, or just keep maligning me?
In your view, did the Corinthian church commit sin?

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ridiculous? No, he was right.

14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

You are not only misjudging LGW, but me too, and unlovingly which is a lack of fruit, love.

Imagine a child brought up by parents who threw them out of the house every time they infringed the rules, and wouldn't let them back in until they earnestly repented. Horrifying thought isn't it? No love there.
So it may be advisable for you to reflect on how loving you are acting towards others on this website with your theology.
As for judging you, I would invite you to read back through your posts to me, and reflect on judging others

Upvote 0

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What law? I thought Jesus is the way of life. Funny that you are more concerned with telling others all about the law and seldom about Jesus.

The law couldn't save one soul. In fact the Law was not salvational. It was the guide given by God to only the Israelites for the way they were to live in the desert and in Canaan.

"Jesus is the way of life"? What do you mean by that?
Yeshua kept the Torah, is that what you mean?
Yeshua kept the Torah and said to be like Him, is that what you mean?
Yeshua said to do everything that; "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; 3 therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them." Mat 3:1-3

The seat of Moses is where they read the Torah. They were not allowed to do any commentary but just read the Scriptures. This is why Yeshua said "all that they tell you, do and observe."

So, you can tell people about Jesus but if you don't tell them what He taught, what good have you done? And if you teach against what He taught what harm are you doing?

Upvote 0

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ridiculous I'm afraid

If WE(WE, Christians, John is including himself) claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

You cannot bring the verses into cohesion can you. It isn't difficult-if you can see

What glee you demonstrate in exposing an alleged ignorance. Why not prefer to inform rather than to insinuate?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
And the Holy Spirit led you to claim the Pharisees obeyed the TC, and were righteous under them? You were in opposition to Jesus words by claiming that.
Then you claim Christians do not commit sin. So you have to believe that includes the Corinthian church don't you.

I shake my head in amazement

True Christians do not commit willful sin. If your conscience tells you something is wrong and you do it anyway, that is sin. That's what I don't do anymore. It is from the fruit of the Spirit called self control. From the tone of your posts you could use a healthy dose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What glee you demonstrate in exposing an alleged ignorance. Why not prefer to inform rather than to insinuate?
Well I haven't called anyone vipers, sons of the devil, liars, etc, have I?
That is how Jesus spoke to those who demanded of others what they did not demand of themselves

• Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't have to be a direct quote to be true. He promotes the idea of wilful sin will keep one out of heaven. He also promotes the idea violation of the law as wilful sin. This can't be true for the Christian because that isn't our covenant. That covenant isn't even for the Jew because it has been retired and replaced.

We don't make up quotes. You're flat out telling us to lie.

Wrong. I'm flat out telling you if you have an issue then be precise in explaining it. Quote directly and not what your imagination has possibly heard rather than the actual words. I know I have misunderstood others here. When the actual words are quoted then anyone can evaluate what the truth is.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True Christians do not commit willful sin. If your conscience tells you something is wrong and you do it anyway, that is sin. That's what I don't do. It is from the fruit of the Spirit called self control. From the tone of your posts you could use a healthy dose.
BTW
You are responding to posts, but not what is written in them. If it is too difficult for you to respond to points made, you really should not respond to the post

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well I haven't called anyone vipers, sons of the devil, liars, etc, have I?
That is how Jesus spoke to those who demanded of others what they did not demand of themselves

No, I'm not accusing you of any grievous errors but merely asking for you and myself to be more brotherly. We have a lot more in common here than anywhere else.

If Yeshua calls someone one of those words then that is Gospel. I don't have that insight.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I'm not accusing you of any grievous errors but merely asking for you and myself to be more brotherly. We have a lot more in common here than anywhere else.

If Yeshua calls someone one of those words then that is Gospel. I don't have that insight.
Yes, you are right, but I am going to be honest here. It appalls me, when people preach what they do not even try to practice. When they like to infer they never commit sin. The damage that does to the innocent can be incalculable, if they assume what is preached is being practiced. There most certainly is no love for others in that

Upvote 0

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

By their words you will know them.

Wow! What a pause for reflection.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.

My comments are meant for myself more than for you. Please understand. This forum makes it easy to be anonymous and therefore unaccountable. But we know better.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, the same as you do. When I do my conscience is seered, for the law is in my heart. I have no rest, no peace until I come before my Father in Heaven and tell him I am sorry for my folly. Then I get my peace back
Now contrast that response, with you and lgw reeling off the partial letter from the top of your heads, devoid of the reality of your own lives.

That is good. Great in fact. Repentance from whatever that sin was causes you to not do that sin again. You had quenched the Spirit. Remembering the pain causes you to obey your conscience before you sin the next time and the next, allowing the fruit of the Spirit to grow. This is what is called being saved. There will come a time when you will just surrender and stop committing any willful sin. Obedience is learned through suffering. 20 years ago I came to the resolve that I was going to be killed by my husband, but I would never quench the Spirit again. I was not going to sin and divorce him, even if it cost me my life. You see I had done as you have. I quenched the Spirit and turned away from God's prompting me to NOT marry that man. I learned it is better to obey and continually walk in the Spirit than to live 13 more abusive years. That is why I can honestly say I don't willfully sin anymore. I would rather have the peace and joy and listen to God's voice and obey it. That is just the short version of the story.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is good. Great in fact. Repentance from whatever that sin was causes you to not do that sin again. You had quenched the Spirit. Remembering the pain causes you to obey your conscience before you sin the next time and the next, allowing the fruit of the Spirit to grow. This is what is called being saved. There will come a time when you will just surrender and stop committing any willful sin. Obedience is learned through suffering. 20 years ago I came to the resolve that I was going to be killed by my husband, but I would never quench the Spirit again. You see I had done as you have. I quenched the Spirit and turned away from God's prompting me to NOT marry that man. I learned it is better to obey and continually walk in the Spirit than to live 13 more abusive years. That is why I can honestly say I don't willfully sin anymore. I would rather have the peace and joy and listen to God's voice and obey it. That is just the short version of the story.
Is it not better, to encourage others, rather than crush them. Yes, I know you like to often state you do not commit wilfull sin, you are at a level in your Christianity others have not reached, you were ONCE where you believe others are now, etc. That doesn't sound very loving to me, other words spring to mind, but...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dig4truth

Aug 23, 2014
✟38,877.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, you are right, but I am going to be honest here. It appalls me, when people preach what they do not even try to practice. When they like to infer they never commit sin. The damage that does to the innocent can be incalculable, if they assume what is preached is being practiced. There most certainly is no love for others in that

I can't argue with that but we are only accountable for ourselves and our words.

I do want to do a study on I John. I have been working my way up to the newest posts so that I can do this. I kind of got slowed down responding to stuff that is not as important. Time to get on with it!

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Is it not better, to encourage others, rather than crush them. Yes, I know you like to often state you do not commit wilfull sin, you are at a level in your Christianity others have not reached, you were ONCE where you believe others are now, etc. That doesn't sound very loving to me, other words spring to mind, but...

but...

Good, you're learning.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is good. Great in fact. Repentance from whatever that sin was causes you to not do that sin again. You had quenched the Spirit. Remembering the pain causes you to obey your conscience before you sin the next time and the next, allowing the fruit of the Spirit to grow. This is what is called being saved. There will come a time when you will just surrender and stop committing any willful sin. Obedience is learned through suffering. 20 years ago I came to the resolve that I was going to be killed by my husband, but I would never quench the Spirit again. I was not going to sin and divorce him, even if it cost me my life. You see I had done as you have. I quenched the Spirit and turned away from God's prompting me to NOT marry that man. I learned it is better to obey and continually walk in the Spirit than to live 13 more abusive years. That is why I can honestly say I don't willfully sin anymore. I would rather have the peace and joy and listen to God's voice and obey it. That is just the short version of the story.
BTW
If you are led by the Spirit greatly, why do you say Christians do not commit wilfull sin? Paul believed the Corinthians were the church of God, he said so, they most certainly committed wilfull sin. I say thios sincerely. Was Paul not as filled with the Spirit as you are so he made a false judgement?
And why, in opposition to Christ's own words did you claim the Pharisees obeyed the TC when they did not?
It seems to me, you may not be led of the Spirit as much as you imagine you are

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.