Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
(hint: fully 1/2 of the GDP in this nation is spent by women and they account for 85% of all purchases.)

Did you ever stop to question why this little 'factoid' MIGHT be true? It may not be because they are the EARNERS of what they are purchasing, but they are the primary PURCHASERS in the home. This shows absolutely nothing and is a far cry from proving feminism as the social evil you would like it to be.

And still the question remains - why are strong women such an offence to you?

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
LOGIC..any system that needs to OPRRES and restrict an entire gender ..50% of the population in order to have a "succesful" economy isnt a SUCCESS...... thats a DISMAL FAILURE..at least not when IM IN THE 1/2 of the people opressed...so lets GO bankrupt as far as Im concerned..everyone can die..not just me..Im not sacrificing MY life and MY freedoms and shouldnt be expected too...in order for YOU to have YOUR freedoms..Im NO LESS than you are FACT..so we can go down together as far as Im concerned..Having said that it will NOT happen..you are an alarmist ...its not happening..

Dallas

If one gender suffers, than both should suffer, if one is to succeed, than both genders should have the opportunity to succeed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Did you ever stop to question why this little 'factoid' MIGHT be true? It may not be because they are the EARNERS of what they are purchasing, but they are the primary PURCHASERS in the home. This shows absolutely nothing and is a far cry from proving feminism as the social evil you would like it to be.

And still the question remains - why are strong women such an offence to you?

Why not try the experience of reading your Bible. I believe in a strong God, and a King that will rule from a throne. Every knee will bow and every tongue confess, some willingly.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The freedom to have to earn a living rather than being a mother to her children?)
So are men not fathers to their children if they "earn a living"? Or does that only apply to women. If it only applies to women, why does it only apply to women?

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why not try the experience of reading your Bible. I believe in a strong God, and a King that will rule from a throne. Every knee will bow and every tongue confess, some willingly.

:confused:

If that is your belief, what is it to you if a woman is successful in this world without your help?

Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's all just give up our jobs, our vehicles, surrender our driver's licenses, give the banks back our homes, burn all our belongings and put on the sackcloth and ashes then, ok?

Women have ALWAYS worked. I seem to remember a woman in the New Testament who was a tent maker (Acts 18). Now, how does that jibe with your rhetoric? Women worked in the New Testament times!

See...I have so read the bible...

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have, repeatedly, you ignored them.

Correction, you have selectively provided sources. It's like shooting fish in a barrel as to which outrageous claims you have no substantiation for.

Do your own research, don't expect me to take your assertions at face value.

I did do my own research. It's your outrageous claim that can't be substantiated other than by your opinion, conjection, or some other non-statistical concrete source.

Who is voting with "their" dollars......(hint: fully 1/2 of the GDP in this nation is spent by women and they account for 85% of all purchases.)

:)

Nice hint. Where's your source????

That aside, how do your unsourced numbers influence inflation? Are there any other factors involved, or just those who "vote with their dollars"??

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So are men not fathers to their children if they "earn a living"? Or does that only apply to women. If it only applies to women, why does it only apply to women?

They make breast pumps for men? I'm curious Jane, were you raised to be a "good provider" for your eventual family? Are you suggesting that babysitters, fathers, day-cares are adequate replacements for mothers, arguing the dispensability of women? Maybe someone should start squaring away the family courts on this issue so we can start reducing the 80% custody award rate in favor of women in contested cases......

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And this back you up how??? :confused:

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
:confused:

If that is your belief, what is it to you if a woman is successful in this world without your help?

They are affecting our environment, I'm not living by myself on the moon.

We are going to be judged for abortion, my work is being taxed to pay for them, that blood is on my hands whether I have a womb or not.

Figure it out for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Let's all just give up our jobs, our vehicles, surrender our driver's licenses, give the banks back our homes, burn all our belongings and put on the sackcloth and ashes then, ok?

Women have ALWAYS worked. I seem to remember a woman in the New Testament who was a tent maker (Acts 18). Now, how does that jibe with your rhetoric? Women worked in the New Testament times!

See...I have so read the bible...

How about we do everything as unto the Lord and submit to His provision and His lordship. And be content with Him, rather than wracking ourselves with the lust for more.

Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They make breast pumps for men? I'm curious Jane, were you raised to be a "good provider" for your eventual family? Are you suggesting that babysitters, fathers, day-cares are adequate replacements for mothers, arguing the dispensability of women? Maybe someone should start squaring away the family courts on this issue so we can start reducing the 80% custody award rate in favor of women in contested cases......

Aha! The sour grapes come out!!!! Somebody tried to get custody of his children and did not! So, now all women are evil, horrid beings who work and leave their children, spend far too much money, cause debt and inflation!

I should have known...you could be my X husband. Maybe I'll introduce you and you two can have a good old time bashing us horrid women who went to work to support our children when you refused to do the right thing after tossing us aside like yesterday's garbage. We didn't "know our place" and bow to your dictatorial attitude towards gender roles as you saw them.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation.....when our marriage to God is described---it's to the "Lamb of God".

Just sayin'.

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Correction, you have selectively provided sources. It's like shooting fish in a barrel as to which outrageous claims you have no substantiation for.

I did do my own research. It's your outrageous claim that can't be substantiated other than by your opinion, conjection, or some other non-statistical concrete source.

Nice hint. Where's your source????

That aside, how do your unsourced numbers influence inflation? Are there any other factors involved, or just those who "vote with their dollars"??

I can't read for you. If you want to skip to the end of a thread and start chipping in you might want to consider that you missed something.

Upvote 0

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Aha! The sour grapes come out!!!! Somebody tried to get custody of his children and did not! So, now all women are evil, horrid beings who work and leave their children, spend far too much money, cause debt and inflation!

I should have known...you could be my X husband. Maybe I'll introduce you and you two can have a good old time bashing us horrid women who went to work to support our children when you refused to do the right thing after tossing us aside like yesterday's garbage. We didn't "know our place" and bow to your dictatorial attitude towards gender roles as you saw them.

Wow. Just wow. All my children are at the throne and I've been married to my wife for almost 21 years. She is a school teacher and feels that God had called her to that ministry. I'm generally conflicted about her working but am willing to concede that God can call women to sacrificially minister through work, most of the women in my family are RN's.

Speaking of RN's my mother started educating me on this whole theory of back when she was discussing the "wage gap" at her knee. She did piece work and was paid less then her male counterparts. She worked faster and better than most of them. I remember asking her about the unfairness of this (I was about 6) and she explained that they had families to support and that dad had a decent job that eventually let her become a homemaker. She started me reading Taylor Caldwell when I was an adolescent and Ayn Rand a bit later. She now works as an RN and is basically supporting my father (who is waiting on his pension to kick in).

Bitterness? Sour grapes? Not so many. I would chalk it up to what I consider to be the realization that the ride is almost over and that it's going to be a bumpy stop. I vacillate between worry and relief that the mess is going to soon be cleaned up and wondering how I'm going to hold up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

I Art Laughing

Dec 20, 2011
Alaska
✟2,386.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation.....when our marriage to God is described---it's to the "Lamb of God".

Just sayin'.

Some people might take that the wrong way. Are we suggesting that we are going to be in an egalitarian relationship with that "husband" too? I'm sincerely curious.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Some people might take that the wrong way. Are we suggesting that we are going to be in an egalitarian relationship with that "husband" too? I'm sincerely curious.
And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory.~Romans 8:17

For he has made Him, who knew no sin, to be sin for us; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.~2nd Corinthians 5:21

That's really what's so amazing about His grace....that we can be accepted by such a Holy God (because of HIs sacrifice). To miss that, is to miss HIs love (IMO).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I give up. Your insistence that women's sufferage is the cause of the decline of Western Civilization completely blows my mind.

You cannot tell me that you are utterly and totally immune to any source of advertising, neither can you tell me that you do not own one single thing that has been advertised.

Your mind is obviously made up that we are the cause of all that is evil in the world and if we knew our place and "relied on the providence of God" the world would not be as messed up as it is now. Did you ever, for ONE MINUTE, think that maybe our jobs were part of God's providence? The ability to support our families when there was a man who could not or would not do that is maybe part of God's providence for our families? Do you think we all work just for more, more, more? You're painting with a fairly broad brush here.

I'd be careful with that sort of thing...blanket statements such as those you have made do not account for the incredible set of variables behind the scenes here. We have single women, women who are divorced or widowed, women w/o children, women with children at home, women who are empty nesters, women who have husbands that cannot (or will not) work, women who have former husbands who refuse to support the children they helped to create. So...in all your "research", have you bothered to go further into those variables?

I find your point of view actually quite narrow and simplistic, painting everything with such a broad brush.

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
They are affecting our environment, I'm not living by myself on the moon.

We are going to be judged for abortion, my work is being taxed to pay for them, that blood is on my hands whether I have a womb or not.

Figure it out for yourself.

You are on shaky ground here. Personal sin of others is not ours to repent of. Those who choose abortion need to be ministered to. If you are speaking of abortion as some kind of national sin to repent of, then you might be on even more shaky ground.

C.S. Lewis said of national repentance:

"Is it not, then, the duty of the Church to preach national repentance? I thnk it is. But the office can be profitably discharged only by those who discharge it with reluctance. We know that a man may have to 'hate' his mother for the Lord's sake. The sight of a Christian rebuking his mother, though tragic, may be edifying; but only if we are quite sure he has been a good son and that, in his rebuke, spiritual zeal is triumphing, not without agony, over strong natural affection. the moment there is reason to suspect he enjoys rebuking her-that he believes himself to be rising above the natural level while he is still, in reality, grovelling below it in the unnatural-the spectacle becomes merely disgusting".
-'Dangers of National Repentance' in:
God in the Dock: Essays on Theology and Ethics
C.S. Lewis

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember asking her about the unfairness of this (I was about 6) and she explained that they had families to support and that dad had a decent job that eventually let her become a homemaker.

Thats fine if YOUR MOTHER wants to VOLUNTARILY gt paid less becasue some STRANGE men have families ot support and she had a "husband" to support her.I REFUSE to give up my right let alone VOLUNTEER other women to get paid less for the same skills and amount of work..Let ther take the money adn DONATE it t the man and thier fmailies they have to support for all I care..thats her business not mine..I'll choose my own charities ..

Dallas

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.