Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Offered? Was her offer accepted? Did she end up paying it back so she could do what she ended up doing?
You know you could google that if you are really curious.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The filings on Cohen say his claims were corroborated by other evidence. From what I hear Cohen might have been required to provide the leads on the corroboration himself. A good prosecutor would never rest their case on uncorroboted witness statements.

Fox News: Prosecutors Have Evidence of Trump Felony and Will use it

Career prosecutors here in New York City have evidence that the president of the United States committed a felony by ordering and paying Michael Cohen to break the law,” Napolitano said. “How do we know that? They told that to a federal judge. Under the rules, they can’t tell that to a federal judge unless they have that hardcore evidence. Under the rules, they can’t tell that to a federal judge unless they intend to do something with that evidence.

The felony is paying Michael Cohen to commit a felony. It’s pretty basic,” Napolitano replied, explaining: A hires B to shoot someone. A is as liable as if he had pulled the trigger. You pay someone to commit a crime, they commit the crime, you’re liable, criminally liable for their commission of that crime. That’s what the prosecutors told the federal judge.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They went to court to get the disclosure agreement voided. Her lawyer at the time was working with Trump and Cohen against her and I think some of the language or the signatures were invalid. Trumps name wasn't signed it was that pseudonym he uses, and something about his lawyer not being able to enter or sign on his behalf. I don't remember how it turned out or if it's ongoing. Initially they just wanted her released from the agreement, but then they filed more charges for slander when Trump called her a liar. Eventually they came back and wanted to give her what she wanted, but either it was too late because of the other charges filed or Stormy was forced to accept the release and an agreement to pay back the cash. I forget which and am not able to search to figure it out now. I think there is still some sort of case going on because Avenatti mentions it from time to time on his Twitter timeline.
Thanks for the details, personally I think her and that centerfold are a couple of hookers that agreed to get paid, then rolled the John when the political scandal got juicy. Don't get me wrong I'm no Trump enthusiast but the lawyer client privilege should have blocked the sopnea. Now Cohen has been a bad boy, borrowing money for a home improvement load and using it politically. I've never got how these guys lie so often, they should know that's just blood in the shark infested waters. I just don't like what is supposed to be a legally binding agreement is set aside and I guarentee I'm going to be real careful what I tell a lawyer because judges appear to have broad discretionary powers and lawyer client privilege is only as good as the political climate it exists in.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the details, personally I think her and that centerfold are a couple of hookers that agreed to get paid, then rolled the John when the political scandal got juicy.

I'm disappointed that you only managed to cram a few pointlessly derogatory comments about "hookers" in that sentence. Surely you could have tried a bit harder to further marginalize and deride them? Such a great Christian attitude, like that bit I read in the bible where Jesus stays far away from the prostitutes and never goes near them.

"Hate the sin and not the sinner...unless they're hookers, in which case it's open season on the hate".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm disappointed that you only managed to cram a few pointlessly derogatory comments about "hookers" in that sentence. Surely you could have tried a bit harder to further marginalize and deride them? Such a great Christian attitude, like that bit I read in the bible where Jesus stays far away from the prostitutes and never goes near them.

"Hate the sin and not the sinner...unless they're hookers, in which case it's open season on the hate".
Of course your right, my apologies. I just think it's more of the same tabloid trash that continues to erode our democracy. I just hate it, I think Cohen got what he had coming but an agreement made in good faith shouldn't result in a warrant to search a lawyers records for dirt on a sitting President. Perhaps my ire was ill conceived, but I still feel strongly that this was wrong. I don't like Trump, I don't support him politically, but I felt very strongly this was tabloid nonsense. Perhaps I got a little carried away.

Perhaps you can forgive my meager attempt at satire, I just think a free people are better then this.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I just hate it, I think Cohen got what he had coming but an agreement made in good faith shouldn't result in a warrant to search a lawyers records for dirt on a sitting President. Perhaps my ire was ill conceived, but I still feel strongly that this was wrong.

Err what? They managed to get a warrant because they had evidence of Cohen breaking the law with his dealings with Trump. Judges don't just hand out warrants for lawyers on a whim. If you want your communications with your lawyer to be safe, then simply don't commit crimes with him/her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the details, personally I think her and that centerfold are a couple of hookers that agreed to get paid, then rolled the John when the political scandal got juicy. Don't get me wrong I'm no Trump enthusiast but the lawyer client privilege should have blocked the sopnea. Now Cohen has been a bad boy, borrowing money for a home improvement load and using it politically.

When the lawyer becomes an accomplice in the client's crime, privilege no longer applies.

I've never got how these guys lie so often, they should know that's just blood in the shark infested waters. I just don't like what is supposed to be a legally binding agreement is set aside and I guarentee I'm going to be real careful what I tell a lawyer because judges appear to have broad discretionary powers and lawyer client privilege is only as good as the political climate it exists in.

Using campaign money to influence an election without reporting it is illegal. No illegal contract is binding.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Of course your right, my apologies. I just think it's more of the same tabloid trash that continues to erode our democracy.
You mean like electing as president a reality-TV show host who has cheated on his nude model wife with inappropriate content stars? That kind of thing?

Seems kind of weird to now start complaining about antics which degrade the office and all that.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You mean like electing as president a reality-TV show host who has cheated on his nude model wife with inappropriate content stars? That kind of thing?

Seems kind of weird to now start complaining about antics which degrade the office and all that.

But all those alleged acts of immorality were done back when Donald Trump was a Democrat and before he embraced the True Political Party and accepted Jesus as his personal savior. This highlights the levels of depravity of the Democratic Party and using the scientific formula of “One = All”( this formula has been around since the ancient Greeks and was originally formulated by the great Greek economists Trumpopularpoulis who took one Drachma he found on the road to Sparta and turned it into a great fortune, the formula goes as follows… if one member of a city state or tribe does something detestable, then all of the city state or tribe are guilty of the same collusion. The only way to wipe clean this stain is to change ones city states or tribes, then there is no collusion). You cannot trust anything a Democrat says because they are as depraved as Trump once was, unless they become Republicans. The triple flipper Arlen Specter does not count.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Just a reminder - in addition to being Trump's personal attorney this is also ex-RNC Deputy Finance Chair going to federal prison for campaign finance violations.

Lots of swamp-draining in the past week or so.

How thoughtful of Donald to bring his own swamp.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

It's more than his extramarital pursuits. The way these scandals are paradded endlessly smothers the actual issue we should really be better informed about. I think we are in the final stages of a highly politicised court system. Cohen apparently was guilty of tax fraud, that's a nasty one, Federal Courts are known to be vindictive. I just wonder if he would have been found out had he never gotten involved with Trump or brokered the deal that was paraded endlessly in the TV media. I imagine Manifort and a host of others wonder the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's more than his extramarital pursuits. The way these scandals are paradded endlessly smothers the actual issue we should really be better informed about. I think we are in the final stages of a highly politicised court system. Cohen apparently was guilty of tax fraud, that's a nasty one, Federal Courts are known to be vindictive. I just wonder if he would have been found out had he never gotten involved with Trump or brokered the deal that was paraded endlessly in the TV media. I imagine Manifort and a host of others wonder the same thing.

What's to wonder? Of course they wouldn't have gotten caught. But OTOH, my understanding is that Manafort was trying to use his access to Trump as a way to pay off his debt to some Russians. He was probably screwed either way.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's to wonder? Of course they wouldn't have gotten caught. But OTOH, my understanding is that Manafort was trying to use his access to Trump as a way to pay off his debt to some Russians. He was probably screwed either way.
Just read an article that the allocution of Cohen indicates Trump commited a felony, it was actually reported by Fox. Oh my, does this mean another President will face inpeachment for getting involved with these little sleep around...ladies? He had better learn what the definition of is, is, it proved significant in Clinton's testimony.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just read an article that the allocution of Cohen indicates Trump commited a felony, it was actually reported by Fox. Oh my, does this mean another President will face inpeachment for getting involved with these little sleep around...ladies? He had better learn what the definition of is, is, it proved significant in Clinton's testimony.

Not for sleeping with them. For paying them off and lying about them as IT services in the case of Stormy's payment.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, there has been swamp draining, but John Kelly, a relative, albeit misogynistic, voice of reason in the administration, is exiting and is now expected to be replaced by Jared Kushner.

Only a relative will take the job, it seems. So the swamp is filling up again.

Upvote 0