✟1,727.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No and no.

Cohabitation between a man and a woman who are unrelated and unmarried may invite scandal and is a near occasion of sin, though the scandal risk may not matter in various circumstances. If the male and female are sharing a bed, that is a sin even if they do not have sex or perform lustful acts or change in front of each other

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No and no.

Cohabitation between a man and a woman who are unrelated and unmarried may invite scandal and is a near occasion of sin, though the scandal risk may not matter in various circumstances. If the male and female are sharing a bed, that is a sin even if they do not have sex or perform lustful acts or change in front of each other

The bolded part made me lol.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanywho, I've done it before. Wouldn't recommend it. It's tricky because for one it moves the relationship to a point it shouldn't really have to be at until marriage and that takes two extremely mature people to make it through that successfully (in my case unfortunately, while my ex was at that level, I wasn't). For two, it puts a huge amount of unnecessary pressure on the relationship. Breaking up becomes extremely complicated so people are encouraged to stay in the relationship, even if they are unhappy. And of course, if they do break up, it is very messy.

Oh I suppose I should add, I would be perfectly fine with having a female roommate that I wasn't dating. That I've never done, but I'm not opposed to that in any way shape or form.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't do it again, but the one time I lived with my fiance was one of the best decisions I've ever made because it allowed me to get a glimpse of what married life would be like. I realized fairly soon that I didn't want to live like that for the rest of my life and broke it off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.