• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Cognitive Capability of the Leader of the Free World Is Being Questioned

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by DerSchweik, May 12, 2021.

Do you agree the Leader of the Free World is in Cognitive Decline?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Cognitive what?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+8,095
    Atheist
    I agree that Biden is in cognitive decline. He's clearly not as sharp as he was previously. To me, that's fairly obvious.

It's also fairly obvious that, by and large, he's aware of his surrounding, what's going on, and can formulate basic coherent thought. He likely relies a lot on his advisors (which is a good thing). It's disappointing that this was the best the Democrats had to offer, but it is what it is.

That being said, it was also clear that Trump was (and is) in cognitive decline. While his verbal gaffes may have been less frequent, the things he said were often out of touch with reality. Couple that with the extremely numerous written gaffes that he put forth daily via Twitter, and overall, despite Biden's gaffes, Trump's mental state appears to me worse than Biden's, in terms of who i'd want as President (honestly, i want neither of them, but when those are your choices, i'd choose Biden in a heartbeat).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,402
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    The doctors were amazed! They said no one has ever done it so well! Even after an interval where they discussed other things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Whyayeman

Whyayeman Well-Known Member

+879
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    Has President Biden suggested injecting bleach as a cure for covid yet? How can I vote if I don't know the answer?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+2,008
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    You mean the results of his medical exam done by Kevin O’Connor, DO, associate professor of Medicine at George Washington University, and released on Oct 28, 2020?

5. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,617
    Anglican
    Married
    Of course not.

6. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+27,269
    Agnostic
    Single
    The man is promoting "clean" energy, when every rational person knows you can get cancer from windmills... clearly something is not right here...

7. *Starlight*

*Starlight* Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time

+1,362
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I guess it's possible, since cognitive decline does happen among old people, but the accusations tend to be very partisan. Exactly the same happened with Trump, except that it was liberals making accusations then.

8. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,617
    Anglican
    Married
    However, Trump talks off the cuff, uses a lot of colloquialisms, and sometimes exaggerates (as almost all of us do in ordinary speech when we say things like "everybody knows....").

Biden, however, often lapses into gibberish, or has to take long pauses in the middle of a speech in order to recapture his train of thought, forgets where he is at the moment, and avoids or refuses to talk to reporters, etc. without a script. AND he was NOT this way only a few years ago.

No, the two situations are not at all the same.

9. TLK Valentine

+27,269
    Agnostic
    Single
    This is true -- Donald had some whimsical gaffes in his mercifully short political career: "windmill cancer" and "injecting disinfectant" being his more memorable ones...

...of course, his followers couldn't admit they were gaffes, so they had to continually cover for him with convoluted "well, he said that, but he meant...." stories, which fed into the "cognitive decline" mythos. Because after all,if he "meant" x, why didn't he just say x?

Now Biden, OTOH, has never been that great a speaker, and has had gaffes-a-plenty throughout his far longer political career. Whether it's due to age, his speech impediment, or just plain not being good in front of a microphone, who can say? More than likely a combination of all three.

10. SilverBear

+2,008
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    why not?

Did it not say what you wanted?

11. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,617
    Anglican
    Married
    Whether I "liked" or disliked something wasn't the issue.

12. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,234
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Given that Trump exhibited far more evidence of mental impairment and mental illness, as cited by numerous experts, I consider these attacks on Biden by the usual partisan shills to be truly vile.

Biden grew up with a speech impediment, which isn't a sign of cognitive decline. He's had it his whole life. Not being the greatest orator isn't a horrible fault in a public leader.

13. SilverBear

+2,008
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    then what is the issue?

14. TLK Valentine

+27,269
    Agnostic
    Single
    Going over this thread, it looks like the "issue" is getting around the rule that saying or implying a public figure isn't entirely mentally stable constitutes flaming. #somepeoplesay

15. Steve11987

Steve11987 New Member

+9
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Even if he were brain dead he would be a step up compared to his predecessor, IMO.

16. Steve11987

Steve11987 New Member

+9
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You're reading too much into this. Try not to let your mind wander to incredible conspiracy theories.

17. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,617
    Anglican
    Married
    I'm not the one who supposes that Joe Biden is a step up from the previous president in the cognitive abilities department. ;)

18. TLK Valentine

+27,269
    Agnostic
    Single
    ...or if you must, the Conspiracy theory forum is that-a-way...
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Steve11987

Steve11987 New Member

+9
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Were you worried about Trump, too, like so many others?

20. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Member of the Heart of Gold Club Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+4,082
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I think Biden is an interesting president. I say that, because he's literally the opposite of Trump, in that he does what those around him suggest, rather than running the show and firing those who get in the way.

...Polar opposites.

Another example of Biden's willingness to put the opinions of others over his own (e.g.):
    "Israel has said it will press on for now with its attacks against Hamas, the militant group that rules Gaza, and the United States signaled it would not pressure the two sides for a cease-fire even as President Joe Biden said he supported one."​

Israel strikes Gaza tunnels as truce efforts remain elusive