• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Cognitive Capability of the Leader of the Free World Is Being Questioned

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by DerSchweik, May 12, 2021.

Do you agree the Leader of the Free World is in Cognitive Decline?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Cognitive what?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,569
    Catholic
    This thread is completely about bashing President Biden, the sources are biased right-wing news sources that have issues with the truth.

2. DerSchweik

DerSchweik Spend time in His Word - every day

+148,868
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ah... well, I disagree - and if there's anyone who'd be motivated to do that, it'd be me, for a gazillion incredibly valid reasons. But that's no my intent here at all. I think this is a very serious issue - for ALL of us, regardless which side of the aisle you're on.

If you don't have something to share re the OP, it's it's probably best you move on. :wave:

3. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+617
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I see no evidence that he's mentally impaired.

4. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,863
    Atheist
    Private
    Perhaps another source would be more convincing - Russia spreading disinformation about Biden's mental health: DHS

Then again, maybe not ...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+4,879
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    OK - let's take a look at your OP

Your 'evidence' that "other countries are questioning the cognitive capabilities of the President" is limited to one video from an acknowledged Murdoch owned, right-wing Australian TV channel. That's it.

'People in this country are questioning" seems to be based solely on two articles from acknowledged right-wing US sources.

What "mounting evidence"? Please produce this evidence.

In post #4 @SummerMadness showed you the results of a survey where the US public expressed overall confidence in your President. This confidence would suggest the "people in this country" are not concerned about Biden's mental abilities.

It appears that the problem you're seeing amounts to your opinion and little else.

OB

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  6. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+9,962
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I think this conversation is one where there's polarized extremes being discussed and the answer is somewhere in the middle.

I answered 'yes' based on how the question was worded.

However, if the question was "is Biden to the degree of cognitive decline that it prevents him from being able to do the job?", then I'd answer 'no'

Basically, whenever this conversation comes up, I see people on both sides who make "blinders on" types of assertions.

You have one side claiming he's a bumbling fool who's declined so bad that he can't remember how to tie his own shoes (based on some selectively edited clips).

You have the other side who wants to reject the notion of cognitive decline so much so, that they'll honestly pretend that he hasn't declined at all, and is the same Joe of 2008-2012.

The guy's almost 80, it's silly to say that there hasn't been any decline...it happens to everyone as they get older.

The reality is (coming from the NIH)
    10% of people over 65 will have at least some form of what they call 'age-associated cognitive impairment', and.

40% of people over 65 have at least some some form of 'age-associated memory impairment'

(and those numbers go up even more at age 75, 85, etc...)

However, that's not the same thing as a person having full-blown dementia.

Is it something that could get to the level of concerning in the next 3-4 years? Possibly. As someone who had multiple grandparents live well into old age, it seems to be different for everyone.

My grandpa lived to 86, started showing mild decline in his mid-70's, by 83, he had a hard time remembering which grandkid was which and would leave the stove on by accident.

My one grandma lived to 88, started having the mild decline in her 70's, but it never really got any worse than that...

My other grandma lived to 98, sharp as a tack right up until the very end.

In a nutshell, you have many on the right over-exaggerating the situation based on a facebook/youtube video they saw from Louder w/ Crowder, and many on the left pretending that it's not even a concern at all in efforts to rebuttal the right. I wouldn't call either an accurate assessment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+5,910
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    When is it not? Seems like a 'dog bites man' story to me.

8. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,091
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Dear Republicans, ^^^this^^^ is how you make a reasonable, sane argument about Biden’s cognitive decline.

There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize about Biden and the Democrats. Continually latching on to the stupid stuff makes you guys look simple-minded and undiscerning.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath Supporter

+4,412
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    2024 is in three years’ time.
    Please buckle up and enjoy the ride.

10. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath Supporter

+4,412
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I voted for a President, not an Entertainer-in-Chief.

11. Nithavela

Nithavela Keeping the legs together

+14,710
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    And yet he's president. Funny how democracy works, isn't it?

12. Nithavela

Nithavela Keeping the legs together

+14,710
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    [​IMG]

13. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,505
    United States
    Married
    I can't understand a thing Biden says, I guess I will just finish my Hamberders and covfefe.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  14. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,863
    Atheist
    Private
    But to be fair, unless one was also making the same argument about the previous guy - the one who was excited to share his knowledge of revolutionary war air power and had to be reminded not to stare directly at the sun - it is going to look more than a little bit suspicious to suddenly start to pretend it matters now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  15. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,091
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yeah, when taken in context of the last 13+ years of Republican rhetoric, it's clear that none of this is serious, or even-handed, or well-informed. It's all disingenuous and intellectually lazy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+1,933
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    What do you mean given in? The president has a yearly physical. All presidents have.

17. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,077
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Is this to do with the way he stammers?

18. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,077
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Let’s hope he can match Mr Trump and name seven things he is shown.

19. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+1,933
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    What else can you think about a man who claims that windmills cause cancer?

20. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,109
    Anglican
    Married
    This isn't a yearly physical. But by the way, I'm sure we'd all be interested if you revealed to us what last year's Biden physical revealed about cognitive ability and the rest. It would put a lot of speculation to rest.