Midwest
✟18,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully someone with a better knowledge of coffee than myself can answer this. I had one cup of coffee with two sugars on an empty stomach at about 6 am this morning. Is this enough to make a person shake a bit for about five hours when I don't recall having this problem before? The shaking wasn't noticeable or visible to anyone but myself and my only problem with this is that it made my writing somewhat difficult to do and read. Also, when I ate lunch at a local restaurant I started to feel sick. I don't know if this was from the first few mouthfuls or some delayed reaction from the coffee. Or am I being a hypochondriac?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hopefully someone with a better knowledge of coffee than myself can answer this. I had one cup of coffee with two sugars on an empty stomach at about 6 am this morning. Is this enough to make a person shake a bit for about five hours when I don't recall having this problem before? The shaking wasn't noticeable or visible to anyone but myself and my only problem with this is that it made my writing somewhat difficult to do and read. Also, when I ate lunch at a local restaurant I started to feel sick. I don't know if this was from the first few mouthfuls or some delayed reaction from the coffee. Or am I being a hypochondriac?

Coffee has different effect for different people so it hard to say but I will say I drink it every day and it has never effected me this way.

Also maybe your coffee was mixed with something else to make your body shake.

How do you fell now?

That's the question.

Upvote 0

Grumpmeister Supreme!

Dec 8, 2016
Midwest
✟18,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Coffee has different effect for different people so it hard to say but I will say I drink it every day and it has never effected me this way.

Also maybe your coffee was mixed with something else to make your body shake.

How do you fell now?

That's the question.
Like I want to go get something to try and settle my stomach.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Like I want to go get something to try and settle my stomach.

Ok, this sounds like your working on a empty tummy and your blood sugar is low.

When my blood sugar is low I sometimes shake and fell a little sick.

Go to the doctor and tell him you think you might be diabetic.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LEAA/SOFR

Mar 29, 2018
Midwest
✟14,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It depends on how much caffeine you had the day before, coffee or colas.

If you're caffeine-sensitive to start with, yes, you will experience that "rush"
with shaking and nervousness. The sugars you added to your coffee and then
drinking it on an empty stomach will certainly upset things. It's a good idea
to eat fairly good breakfast before consuming any caffeine products, coffee or cola.

If you felt sick at lunch, it could be a delayed reaction or something else,
such as stress or over exertion. You didn't say what you had for lunch. Did
you eat a burger with fries? Hot dog? Those kind of foods are generally greasy
and can aggravate the caffeine sloshing around inside your stomach. Or else
you have a lousy chef somewhere.

I'm not a psychologist per se (though I studied psychology in college) but I don't
think you're a hypochondriac. Alot of people get "jumpy" after consuming one
cup of coffee or several. If you're still concerned after awhile, talk with your
doctor the next time you're in and see what he or she has to say about it.

Blessings to you.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It depends. If I have more coffee than food, I shake. It also depends on the coffee strength and blend.

Upvote 0

Grumpmeister Supreme!

Dec 8, 2016
Midwest
✟18,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It depends on how much caffeine you had the day before, coffee or colas.

If you're caffeine-sensitive to start with, yes, you will experience that "rush"
with shaking and nervousness. The sugars you added to your coffee and then
drinking it on an empty stomach will certainly upset things. It's a good idea
to eat fairly good breakfast before consuming any caffeine products, coffee or cola.

If you felt sick at lunch, it could be a delayed reaction or something else,
such as stress or over exertion. You didn't say what you had for lunch. Did
you eat a burger with fries? Hot dog? Those kind of foods are generally greasy
and can aggravate the caffeine sloshing around inside your stomach. Or else
you have a lousy chef somewhere.

I'm not a psychologist per se (though I studied psychology in college) but I don't
think you're a hypochondriac. Alot of people get "jumpy" after consuming one
cup of coffee or several. If you're still concerned after awhile, talk with your
doctor the next time you're in and see what he or she has to say about it.

Blessings to you.
Well, I had baked chicken breast with mashed potatoes and baked beans for lunch. That's the first time that I've had anything to eat today. I can't say that this is the first time I've gotten sick off their food and I can't see why I keep going there. I did go to the doctor's office and the attending physician speculated that it's either diabetes or just an episode when she first saw me. After she had me pee in a cup and take some blood she came back and said that they didn't find anything wrong which told me that it isn't diabetes. She did prescribe some medication in case I should get an upset stomach again. She didn't say what it might have been though.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I gave up coffee many years ago. I had a headache for a week. I don't need the stuff anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is this enough to make a person shake a bit for about five hours when I don't recall having this problem before?
Yes. Sounds like symptoms of hypoglycemia. Sugar and caffeine can significantly affect the body in a bad way. I suggest extreme moderation of both, and being careful not to repeat the conditions you mention.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

If you typically drink coffee, having one cup, should certainly not have this type of effect on you. If you felt sick later, likely something else going on.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ok, this sounds like your working on a empty tummy and your blood sugar is low.

When my blood sugar is low I sometimes shake and fell a little sick.

Go to the doctor and tell him you think you might be diabetic.

An excellent answer indeed....... Well done DanielWright2311!

Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums