W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aaaaah, found some mini marshmallows, albeit stale ones....

this should be interesting.

^_^

iu
lol. :)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Awwwww Dash is a dear. He'd eat just about anything. I might give him some boiled egg whites today.
I know a kid who had a young snapping turtle as a pet. I told him that they get huge and that they can bite off your fingers and that he should release it back into the wild.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I know a kid who had a young snapping turtle as a pet. I told him that they get huge and that they can bite off your fingers and that he should release it back into the wild.

Yes, they do, and they're quite cantankerous sometimes, even when they're small

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Mornings with God.

Seeking God's face in the morning and delighting in Him, is a bona fide BLESSED way to start the day, in essence, dedicating the day TO Him and with utter joy in our hearts. What, after all, is more crucial than utterly DELIGHTING in God first thing in the morning and "celebrating" Him?

NOTHING supersedes this.

Nothing.

Amen?

iu

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mornings with God.

Seeking God's face in the morning and delighting in Him, is a bona fide BLESSED way to start the day, in essence, dedicating the day TO Him and with utter joy in our hearts. What, after all, is more crucial than utterly DELIGHTING in God first thing in the morning and "celebrating" Him?

NOTHING supersedes this.

Nothing.

Amen?

iu
Nice thought brinny. And edifying too. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Blessings overflowing.

As i contemplate God this morning and His many many ways of surprising, delighting, and blessing us, i am reminded of the many ways that He has literally "chased me down" with blessings. (He really DOES do this hahaaa).

I also believe that it is HE Who reminds us of how ohhhh so much He has done. THIS alone, the remembering of it, blesses us, and delights us, and fills us with His joy. How delightful is THAT??

It is is THEN that we are most "child-like" (not "child-ish"). Our hearts are most like those children Jesus spoke of when He said that we must be as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven. In analysis, what is filling our hearts at those moments, is a "guilelessness", adoration, and delight in the living God, and a heart overflowing with thanksgiving and praise.

Oh to be thankful and thus to be filled with His joy. Is HE a PRECIOUS heavenly Father, or WHAT???!!! And just think about it. If His joy is THAT overflowing in us, bubbling up like a brook, how much moreso must God's own inexplicable joy in His own heart be?

This comes to mind:

"the joy of the Lord is your strength." ~Neh 8:10

iu

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's freeeeeeezing cold and breezy-in-the-trees outside. It's mocha time!

Mocha n' God....

how delightfully wunnerful is THAT??!!

iu

I'm leaving for a mini vacation today to my favorite city, St. Augustine. They have a LOT of coffee shops there, so I love to have the different drinks and wake up. For Halloween last year they had all their homemade whipped cream dyed orange, it was a delight.

I agree with you on the power of coffee, tea - and including God in all our joys and what we are thankful for. Not much can beat that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm leaving for a mini vacation today to my favorite city, St. Augustine. They have a LOT of coffee shops there, so I love to have the different drinks and wake up. For Halloween last year they had all their homemade whipped cream dyed orange, it was a delight.

I agree with you on the power of coffee, tea - and including God in all our joys and what we are thankful for. Not much can beat that.

Amen. Delighting in God's presence while drinking coffee or tea is like a hug from God Himself.

The coffee shops there sound wunnerful. Have a blessed time. :)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
...it's ev'ning, and time fer some coffee with hot choc'late in it aka mocha. God is soooooo GOOD, isn't He? He was all in the interactions today, even on the phone. How delightful He is.

It's going to rain, snow or sleet tonight. I'm thankful i haz a warm, dry roof over me head.

G'nite.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God's mercies.

God's mercy and grace just blessed me in an extraordinary way this morning. i wasn't "feelin' it". I just wasn't. Then i read one of our brothers posts about generosity and the Good Samaritan, and God brought to mind a reminder of WHY i love and delight in Him so much. He reminded me of when i was homeless, and in the midst of that homelessness, even to the point of sleeping on concrete, God BLESSED me in too many ways to count. I didn't know it at the time, but i was on the cusp of Him opening a new and wondrous chapter in my shattered life and heart and mind and soul.

And in remembering, His new mercies and His grace and His loving kindness re-new themselves onto me and inside my heart, once again, this morning.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0