✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Another coffee n' socks morning.

It got downright cold-ish last night, and still is this morning. It looks like November outside except there's still leaves on the trees, LOTS of 'em. It LOOKS cold out there, and "somber", like autumn is mourning its own passing, which gets closer and closer each day, till winter comes, hurrying its departure.

For now, the leaves will slowly, but surely, begin to wear their finest and brightest and most colorful adornment, for the grand party, that draws near.

For today, i and my warm robe, and socks and coffee will be INSIDE, and i will be thanking God for a new day, and for these socks, and this robe, and for this coffee, and for a warm, dry roof over me head, and for His many graces, and kindnesses, and His compassion, and His provision, and that His mercies are renewed morning-by-morning.

"It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." ~Lam 3:22-23

COFFEE and socks again.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi,

Some days bring sunshine of emotions. Some days rain. Today, I escaped to shelter. I didn't know there was an onslaught.

While reading, I went and saw, the proverb of the day, for today. I am healed now. I am rested. What I should do, and what God thinks was in there.

Yes, it is Tishri's work. The first time I read Proverbs after time off, I actually did not understand much. I read it the entire month, as per her wishes.

Yes, I was surprised and delighted too, the second time, I Read Proverbs all through.

No, I did not read Proverbs each day the third time, till Bateman de Patrick inspired me and you. I couldn't wait though, just like the first time, and am reading them now.

Yes, I know little again. Yes, I need Proverbs again. It tells me what to do. I will be glad over no enemy of me or God that fails. It seems God hates that. How in the moment can I forget that? Or the heaping of coals, like drJean said?

It is not said, I think, but should not Proverbs be etched on my soul? It is not. I have to read to learn. I have to read three times, over three months to start to get wisdom. At least it feels that way.

Should not Proverbs like the law, be in and on my heart? I wonder if it is, and I just refuse.

And lastly, maybe, should not Proverbs be in and on my mind, like the Law of God is? I too wonder about that.

It seems like Proverbs, with the requirement of fearing God, and that of proving one's honesty with and before God, is not in my mind or heart......until I read. It may also not be on my mind or in my heart, until I read.

No, for me, wisdom, the characteristic, comes from she, the tester of me, the friend of Solomon it seems, and she does reward after she is sure. She rewards with knowledge of God, and with the way to do things.

So, no. The law is I am told on my heart, and in my heart. The law I am told is on my mind and in my mind. I am told it is there. 'wisdom' comes from reading and fearing The Lord. Fearing the Lord produces honesty, for He knows what our hearts think. It is then that Wisdom, to me God's Gal Pal from Proverbs 8, she rewards those who she is sure of.

Is that heresy? Maybe. I know the theories of the personification of wisdom of Jesus. It does not seem to me, that she, as said in Proverbs 9:1 fits Jesus but her. And when she plays and delights in all that God does, in Proverbs 8, that is ever so like, a gal pal of God.

And why should God not make a woman, a spirit woman, as the first thing in all of Creation? If He did, as it seems to say, then Proverbs tells us of Creation, in a way. It is relational. It is about love. It is maybe about God loving and wanting to see, who if anyone, would love Him back?

Maybe, just maybe, God needs to be loved.

LOVE,
I've been wondering lately if women are spiritually half-way between angels and men. All the evidence seems to suggest that they are actually more spiritual than men, like the angels, whether for better or worse ; in that sense, closer to God the Father in his eternal essence. To think that the founder of Opus Dei considered women less spiritual and more carnal I find beyond laughable, simply on the basis of common observation.

Sure some of the great Fathers of the early church had some strange ideas about women, but however slow the World has been in seeing them for what they are, it is clear from the Gospels that Jesus was under no such illusions.

Mind you, even St Thomas Aquinas, whose familiarity with the World, his family notwithstanding, would have been greatly circumscribed (a Benedictine oblate at age 7, I think), while speaking disparagingly of women, was the person who pointed out that St Mary Magdalene merited being designated 'the Apostle to the Apostles'. That has to be a singular honour in every sense of the word, doesn't it ?

Two fascinating articles (and enlightening to me) on the status and treatment of women down the centuries can be found at the following links :

Father Cantalamessa's 4th Lent Homily 2016 - ZENIT - English

Christianity: The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Women

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know, brin-brin...coffee and socks. Must be a way to infuse the two. (I'm thinking like a chef here.) Sock-flavored coffee...?? ...Er, uh, no. :sorry: Socks made from spent coffee filters? ...Huh. Nah. That's just weird. :scratch:....Oh, wait!! I know! I know! Coffee brewed using old socks as filters!!!
:sick:
.....Well, maybe some things AREN'T meant to be infused.... :sigh:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is really more profound than it might at first seem.

How can we be kind to others if we are unable to be kind to ourselves?

A blessing of a Saturday morning to you both and all who venture into the Coffee Shop, out of the cold. :D

GOD and coffee. coffee mug with smile.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's a frosty-cold morning.

And the 7th day of the new year. Proverbs 7 was like a treasure this morning...it's like an adventure. One verse references similar verses throughout the Bible and there we go on a merry hunt hahaaaa

It's cold, and i'm gonna have some mocha-coffee this morning, and thank God for ev'ry sip of it.

How delightful....

God n' me n' coffeeeeeee.

:)

iu

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.