Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is necessary for me to leave the cartridge in the gun so it will be ready in a moment's notice but I wonder if that won't ruin the seal and maybe that is why so many bb guns leak? So the question is will it ruin the gun having it ready In a second?
Thanks for replies.:oldthumbsup:

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you don't mind me asking, why do you need a bb gun ready in a moment's notice? Just curious.
Dogs have come in the yard and have killed several of the cats I feed. I've never been able to save them. It's time.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dogs have come in the yard and have killed several of the cats I feed. I've never been able to save them. It's time.
Ah okay. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. Interesting question.

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You'll need a powerful BB gun to kill a dog.

Your local animal shelter will probably lend you a Hav-a-Heart trap that will capture the dogs harmlessly. Then you call them and they take the dog to the animal shelter. Simply release any cats that get caught, and they will learn to avoid the trap.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Great ideas but fortunately it is few and far between. Still I love these cats and it breaks my heart when they get torn apart. This last time was really bad. I threw a heavy metal chair which made him flee but not before killing her. The pound doesn't care about the cats and are protecting the dogs. I figure enough bb,s Will hurt and he won't come back. I don't want to kill him but I wouldn't care if I did. They are a danger to any small living thing.
Thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate it.:)
Happy weekend and Sabbath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elytron

Oct 5, 2008
California
✟290,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does bear spray do and where do you get it?

Some hikers carry bear spray, to spray at bears if they get too close and become dangerous. Its a larger canister of pepper spray. Could find some at a sporting goods store.

Pepper Gel might work better in your case. Goes further than regular spray and wouldn't blow back into your face when windy.

Trapping is so much more humane though, as suggested above. Please try to trap them. Animal control could then come and take them. Are these stray dogs? How many are you dealing with?

Shooting a dog with a gun will get you into big trouble. Please please don't do that.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ai first it was the neighbors dog who came and killed every so often then he hung around and the cops came and they got the owner after he had killed. The pound came and one of the police said their wild, with the arritude no one cares. Neither the police or the pound did anything. I told them I was going to be prepared next time. The recent dog I do not know where he belongs and have not seen him since I hit him with the chair. He killed several in the back yard before he came to the front yard and I hit him. I don't understand your reasoning. They come in to kill. Why would they go in a trap? I do not believe I will get in trouble shooting with bb's to defend cats.
If so, so be it.
Thanks for your reply:)

Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dogs will enter a Hav-a-Heart trap because you put a hot dog in the center. No, I'm not joking. They trip the switch under the bait and the two doors lock shut without hurting the dog. Then you call Animal Control and they come pick him up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums