Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

It's hardly surprising, alot of doctors and nurses are dealing with PTSD from seeing so many senseless deaths, and some are choosing to place up healthy boundaries over what they will put up with. It's bad news for our healthcare system, though, in the short run.

• Informative
Reactions: Nithavela

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I want to thank all the brave nurgle champions on this forum for stoking irrational fears and spreading vaccine misinformation. You guys make all of these wonderfull things possible.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I want to thank all the brave nurgle champions on this forum for stoking irrational fears and spreading vaccine misinformation. You guys make all of these wonderfull things possible.
This virus is spreading more than ever because many people think that being vaccinated is a pass on wearing gloves and masks and isolating.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This virus is spreading more than ever because many people think that being vaccinated is a pass on wearing gloves and masks and isolating.
Gloves are useless, but yes, vaccinated people should still be wearing masks and should still limit their exposure to other people without testing.

Of course, nobody does that stuff. We're all out there, doing grandfather nurgles joyfull work.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Gloves are useless, but yes, vaccinated people should still be wearing masks and should still limit their exposure to other people without testing.

Of course, nobody does that stuff. We're all out there, doing grandfather nurgles joyfull work.
Gloves worn the right way are not useless.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Gloves worn the right way are not useless.
maxresdefault.jpg

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So close but not doing it for me. Meh/10.
I'm not aware of any research showing transmission via surfaces. It was a concern initially, but subsequent data suggests that it's not really a factor short of infected people hocking loogys on stuff. If gloves help you feel safer, there's nothing wrong with wearing them but, as far as I know, they don't actually provide any protection (because there's nothing for them to protect against, not because they aren't effective).

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm not aware of any research showing transmission via surfaces. It was a concern initially, but subsequent data suggests that it's not really a factor short of infected people hocking loogys on stuff. If gloves help you feel safer, there's nothing wrong with wearing them but, as far as I know, they don't actually provide any protection (because there's nothing for them to protect against, not because they aren't effective).
It's beyond foolish to believe that an infected person coughing into their hand, then using that hand to pump gas, then another person showing up to that pump to pump gas and the touching their face, nose, mouth, eyes without having washed their hands, won't lead to infection. Last year they studied ATMs and public door handles in my city (Indianapolis) and found COVID-19 particles on several of them. Studies last year showed the virus survives on surfaces longer than flu viruses. Just because you're far more likely to be infected by airborne virus particles doesn't mean you surface infections aren't a thing. Keep touching those dirty surfaces and using hand sanitizer afterwards (the stuff that says it kills bacteria NOT viruses...)

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reuters has a similar story, from Mississippi:

The deaths aren't expected to peak for the better part of a month.
they would peak around auh 14th, but schools will likely stop that.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's beyond foolish to believe that an infected person coughing into their hand, then using that hand to pump gas, then another person showing up to that pump to pump gas and the touching their face, nose, mouth, eyes without having washed their hands, won't lead to infection. Last year they studied ATMs and public door handles in my city (Indianapolis) and found COVID-19 particles on several of them. Studies last year showed the virus survives on surfaces longer than flu viruses. Just because you're far more likely to be infected by airborne virus particles doesn't mean you surface infections aren't a thing. Keep touching those dirty surfaces and using hand sanitizer afterwards (the stuff that says it kills bacteria NOT viruses...)
Another decisive win for common sense over science.

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's beyond foolish to believe that an infected person coughing into their hand, then using that hand to pump gas, then another person showing up to that pump to pump gas and the touching their face, nose, mouth, eyes without having washed their hands, won't lead to infection.
Yes, that absolutely can happen. However, it requires improper hygiene (not washing hands before touching face). If a person is not going to wash their hands before touching their face, how likely is it that they will properly utilize gloves? In the context of preventing spread/infection, proper glove usage requires changing gloves (or sanitizing) every time you touch a new surface - otherwise you're potentially spreading the virus every time you touch something. There are some places where this could be reasonably practiced (i.e gas stations), but in pretty much any other public environment, the waste generated would be enormous for a very small gain in protection.

To put things in perspective, in order to contract COVID from a surface, you first need to have an infected individual spread fluids on the surface. The fluids that they spread must contain more than enough viral load overcome your immune system. Sufficient viral load must then survive on the surface long enough for you to come into contact with it. Then, sufficient viral load must enter your body somehow (mouth, nose, eyes). The chances of that happening are extremely low - especially if you practice proper hygiene.

Keep touching those dirty surfaces and using hand sanitizer afterwards (the stuff that says it kills bacteria NOT viruses...)
Assuming you're using an alcohol-based sanitizer, it's plenty effective against viruses. Personally, I prefer good old fashioned soap and water as long as they're accessible though. Dries my hands out less and just as effective.

Again, if it makes you feel safer to wear gloves, be my guest. But the benefits are small enough that it's not worth calling people out for not using them - or even recommending their use. It's far more important to focus on the higher-percentage prevention methods like vaccination and masks.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Well first off, viruses can't be killed because they aren't alive. But yes, alcohol will inactive viruses. Viruses are actually fragile and surfactants and alcohol will break apart the molecular bonds that hold them together.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, that absolutely can happen. However, it requires improper hygiene (not washing hands before touching face). If a person is not going to wash their hands before touching their face, how likely is it that they will properly utilize gloves? In the context of preventing spread/infection, proper glove usage requires changing gloves (or sanitizing) every time you touch a new surface - otherwise you're potentially spreading the virus every time you touch something. There are some places where this could be reasonably practiced (i.e gas stations), but in pretty much any other public environment, the waste generated would be enormous for a very small gain in protection.

To put things in perspective, in order to contract COVID from a surface, you first need to have an infected individual spread fluids on the surface. The fluids that they spread must contain more than enough viral load overcome your immune system. Sufficient viral load must then survive on the surface long enough for you to come into contact with it. Then, sufficient viral load must enter your body somehow (mouth, nose, eyes). The chances of that happening are extremely low - especially if you practice proper hygiene.

Assuming you're using an alcohol-based sanitizer, it's plenty effective against viruses. Personally, I prefer good old fashioned soap and water as long as they're accessible though. Dries my hands out less and just as effective.

Again, if it makes you feel safer to wear gloves, be my guest. But the benefits are small enough that it's not worth calling people out for not using them - or even recommending their use. It's far more important to focus on the higher-percentage prevention methods like vaccination and masks.

Epidemiologists long ago dismissed fomites as insignificant for most COVID-19 transmission. Almost everybody that gets infected is inhaling the virus.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Keep touching those dirty surfaces and using hand sanitizer afterwards (the stuff that says it kills bacteria NOT viruses...)
Why would I use that? The hand sanitizer I'm using says that it kills some viruses, including the covid-19 virus.

Upvote 0