CNN director admits to propaganda tactics to affect 2020 election

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Curious that what so many people were saying during 2020 is now being admitted in part by CNN sources themselves.
How is it curious? People are observant, and it's not like CNN did much to hide their bias.

I'm wondering why this is news - it's right up there with "water is wet", "the sky is blue", etc. Most major news organizations are biased one way or the other. The trick is recognizing that bias and being able to correct for it in your reading and analysis of their content.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,437.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How is it curious? People are observant, and it's not like CNN did much to hide their bias.

I'm wondering why this is news - it's right up there with "water is wet", "the sky is blue", etc. Most major news organizations are biased one way or the other. The trick is recognizing that bias and being able to correct for it in your reading and analysis of their content.
You forgot the most important factor--primary sources.

Just as the 9 minute video of George Floyd's death is more compelling than weeks of testimony, so extensive video footage of Trump, sadly, shows that CNN was doing nothing more than bringing a truth to light.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟140,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

If Andy Schlaffly ever taught me anything, it is that there are “conservative truths” that are right up there is “water is wet”.
While most are tried-and-true conservative principles some “truths” do not actually comport to our shared reality.
Now that “conservatives” have their own “facts” and “fact disseminators” (FoxNews, OAN, NewsMax), they may be seeking to build a new political reality and will attempt install that in our government.

Look for the “maybe we should privatize the Post Office?” popping up around August*, (the traditional “slow news” month for D.C.).
“Why have one huge bureaucratic behemoth that costs us oddles of money**, when there’re hungry and competitive PRIVATE COMPANIES that’ll pay the USA to the the same job for a fraction of the money?” [Or something, this is not an actual quote of some politician, so the author is “the source”]

*This may already be afoot? I dunno.

All Post Office operations are (by custom and later by law), paid by stamps and services provided by the USPS.
Any money that the Federal government “helps” the Postal Service goes to help meet it’s obligations under law to fund retirements. Apparently it’s not 75 years into the future that I was l(i)ed to believe, so like any good rationalist, I’ll cease to try to wedge it into conversations.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It's not news -- but some folks will believe anything to disregard the results of the election... or to justify actions taken to that end.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're now seeing how the "merchants of the earth" will play their role in the last times? It doesn't matter if you're left or right, u can't ignore the power these corporations now have to control the narratives.

" ... for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived." Revelation 18:23

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0