CNN cuts ties with Rick Santorum over disparaging comments

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
CNN cuts ties with Rick Santorum over disparaging comments
Rick Santorum...

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about a science book

From the article:

"On CNN, Santorum was a senior political commentator who was often tasked with giving the Republican point of view during campaign coverage."

Anyone care to comment about whether or not he at least did his job? Because honestly, I've heard worse here on CF...

Upvote 0

CreeXPL

Light the Way
May 9, 2021
New York
✟16,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder if they'll cut ties with people who make disparaging remarks about white culture.
White culture is called “culture”.
That’s the “benefit” of being numerically dominant...”white culture” is what we’ve had for 500 years; yes, that’s changing and it looks like “oppression” but no, it’s just the reality that white folk aren’t more “deserving” of having things their own way, anymore.

Upvote 0

CreeXPL

Light the Way
May 9, 2021
New York
✟16,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
White culture is called “culture”.
That’s the “benefit” of being numerically dominant...”white culture” is what we’ve had for 500 years; yes, that’s changing and it looks like “oppression” but no, it’s just the reality that white folk aren’t more “deserving” of having things their own way, anymore.

Why not just live as "people"? Whatever a person's skin color or race is, we're all just people. Personally, I see no reason why one should be elevated or oppressed based on that.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why not just live as "people"? Whatever a person's skin color or race is, we're all just people. Personally, I see no reason why one should be elevated or oppressed based on that.
Because we’re different.
Yes as individuals we are different, but we also have other cultures and traditions asking to be seen/heard.
Apparently that’s “too much” to ask of people, to get them outside of their echo-chambers and cocoons and join the rest of us in the real world where there isn’t always a white picket fence in front of the neat, manicured lawn.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0