ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's true. "Marriage" does not make you happy.

But imagine the benefits marriage has to offer - If you are fortunate enough to be with THAT person. The one you cherish and respect like no other. The one you enjoy just being with. The one who makes you smile like a ditz in the middle of your work day.

Marriage allows you to come home to that person every night. What could be better?

Very nice

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think this is an important thing.

While long-term marriages tend to be happy, a constant search for that initial euphoria could be disastrous, said David Popenoe, co-director of the National Marriage Project, a Rutgers University-based think tank on marriage trends

You do realize that most studies have non believers right at the bottom of the divorce numbers.

Again the problem is how one defines a non-believer. The bottom number is actually occupied by people who attend worship weekly. However if one looks at those who define themselves as Christians vs. those who define themselves as atheists, then atheists are lower.

The problem is that the "default" answer in the United States and Europe is still Christian. So if you have someone who isn't sure what they believe, OR they don't really care, OR they just know they belive in God the default answer for them is Christian. However its clear to most people that they don't live or make an effort to live their lives in the way Christ asked them to.

My mom calls herself a Christian and she thinks the bible is pretty much wrong on all accounts and rejects just about everything it has to say. In one of my many attempts to reach her she has said "Who is God to tell me how to live?" Now you are an intelligent guy, does that statement sound like one of a true Christian??

I'm personally of the belief that the group of Christians that attend worship on a weekly basis is the closest thing we will have to statistically measure those with true faith. Obviously I don't think its a perfect measure, but I think its the closest one that could be accuratly measured.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and its not 1+1 which makes you whole. Its 1+1+1 which = 1.

G-d is complete in the Trinity and in some kind of similar way so are we. The Lord designed me to need both him and a Wife to be complete. Without BOTH I am not complete, though incomplete does not mean ruined. Yet all the same I'd rather be complete.

Man please thy maker and be merry,

and give not for this world a cherry.
I find that equation troubling at it seems to give G-d and a spouse equal weight in making us complete. Personally I think our need of G-d is far stronger than our need for a spouse. Were Jesus and Paul incomplete?

Upvote 0