Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What percentage of stories at the New York Times and CNN have been found to be erroneous? You can’t go on and on, because it is a tiny percentage. Things are going to slip through the cracks when publishing the volume of one of those outlets.

Do you find it curious that all of these errors are in favor of liberalism? That suggests that they are not simply honest mistakes.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you find it curious that all of these errors are in favor of liberalism? That suggests that they are not simply honest mistakes.
All of what errors? The tiny percentsge? I’m guessing you only know about the errors highlighted by conservative outlets, and thus think they are all “in favor of liberalism.”

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You haven’t described an experience, you’ve made a claim, that you can tell “CNN is more biased, without using a fact checker.” Are you saying CNN doesn’t report things factually?

Yeah I usually stay out of political threads, just wanted people to know I have a better experience at Fox's news site ;) Some people probably would gain from that experience too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I usually stay out of political threads, just wanted people to know I have a better experience at Fox's news site ;) Some people probably would gain from that experience too.
Which news shows on fox do you recommend?

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Which news shows on fox do you recommend?

Thanks for asking: I browse the web site and examine the day's news so I don't watch any news shows. I usually stay out of politics unless it's really important. I usually just watch the news to feel connected with the world. I do pay attention to foreign affairs and pay attention to the mental health crisis, drug crisis, violence problem, etc. And they do show interesting news like everyone else.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Assuming the claim of "93% of news stories negative about Trump", that isn't necessarily an indication about bias. If someone told me that "93% of news stories about Hitler were negative", that could potentially be an indication of bias in favor of Hitler. While Trump is no Hitler, the claim that 93% of stories about him are negative are indication of how people view his actions, not an indication of bias. Given that Trump lies incessantly about every topic under the sun, and is openly hostile to any and all political adversaries, one should expect that the overwhelming number of stories covering him would be negative.

Do you want positive stories about how he praises dictators? Do you want positive stories about how he's admitted to making up facts when negotiating with allied countries? Do you want positive stories describing his dishonesty?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump provides plenty of ammo for them to focus on the negative. With that said, cnn and nbc, both do emphasize the negative, because it jives with their ideology.

The other reality is, cnn helped trump get elected, by covering every move he made, since the day he announced he was running. In fact early on, cnn gave trump more coverage than fox.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The negativity Trump projects is only at 93%? I thought it would be higher than that.

Well, Foxnews and Breitbart are still in his corner... although it seems Fox is having a crisis of conscience...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well he's a goldmine for people who wish they had the talent to be comedians but can't write or tell a funny joke to save their lives but can get standing ovations by pandering to their low IQ audiences by repeating some version of "Orange Man Bad" umpteen million times.

And yet that seems to be all it takes to put him in a frothing frenzy... or haven't you noticed he's on the warpath against SNL again?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Meanwhile, Donald's own numerous errors are all in favor of Donald... honesty seems to be a rare commodity these days...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Harvard Study: CNN, NBC Trump Coverage 93% Negative | RealClearPolitics

How much does CNN hate Trump? 93% of coverage is negative
For the youngsters out there, once upon a time, CNN was pretty much down the middle. The fledgling network covered news — real news, not fake news — and worked hard to be on site wherever news was happening. When something happened, that was the place to go.
But those days are long gone. Watch any 10 minutes of CNN, and now you’ll see nothing more than a nonstop — and often vicious — diatribe against President Trump.
Did you read the report (link to actual report)? While it's true that Donald's coverage has been negative - even his beloved Fox was negative 53% of the time - the person who does the most talking in these reports is Donald himself, hoisted by his own petard, followed by members of his administration:
figure-1.png

What’s truly atypical about Trump’s coverage is that it’s sharply negative despite the fact that he’s the source of nearly two-thirds of the sound bites surrounding his coverage. Typically, newsmakers and groups complain that their media narrative is negative because they’re not given a chance to speak for themselves. Over the past decade, U.S. coverage of Muslims has been more than 75 percent negative. And Muslims have had little chance to tell their side of the story. Muslims account for less than 5 percent of the voices heard in news reports about Islam.So why is Trump’s coverage so negative even though he does most of the talking? The fact is, he’s been on the defensive during most of his 100 days in office, trying to put the best face possible on executive orders, legislative initiatives, appointments, and other undertakings that have gone bad. Even Fox has not been able to save him from what analyst David Gergen called the “’worst 100 days we’ve ever seen.”

The study makes one point about the "liberal bias":
Presidents are more than the main focus of U.S. reporters. Presidents are also their main target. Although journalists are accused of having a liberal bias, their real bias is a preference for the negative.[22] News reporting turned sour during the Vietnam and Watergate era and has stayed that way.[23] Journalists’ incentives, everything from getting their stories on the air to acquiring a reputation as a hard-hitting reporter, encourage journalists to focus on what’s wrong with politicians rather than what’s right.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The negativity Trump projects is only at 93%? I thought it would be higher than that.

That 93% is well earned. Who could ever have imagined that a thing like this could actually be elected president?

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He certainly gives CNN and the other news media plenty of material to work with.
I thought CNN was to nice to Trump. I changed the channel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
CNN along with many other main stream news networks have sold their souls and their integrity for the sake of ratings. It really doesn't matter what the truth is. What matters is what people want to hear and what the people want to hear is Trump bashing.

The irony of this post is palpable.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Isn't that the same Washington Post who is being sued for their irresponsible journalism?

You mean a stunt that will be tossed out by the court due to it's frivolous nature?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I find it interesting that I can tell CNN is more biased even without a fact checker. It's quite obvious actually.

Do you use a metric to measure that, or is it based on your gut feelings?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Color me shocked. They had endless support for the President... until the President was a Republican.

And it couldn't possibly be because this "Republican" president isn't deserving of support. That's just crazy talk, right?

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0