California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's a lot of irony in using a deceptive website to accuse Cuomo of deception.

The source cited in the OP has the appearance of legitimacy because the name was deliberately chosen to create that deceptive facade and trick viewers. It's not.

It's a website that falsely purports to be associated with an ABC-affiliated television station and that publishes fabricated stories, including a made-up article about a West Virginia mother who fatally shot a registered sex offender that was picked up by other media outlets due to its name designed to manipulate.

https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/ABC14News-Label.pdf

I try my best to never click on links to such dishonest sites because I don't want to contribute to their view count. I made the error in clicking on the OP's link. It should be abundantly and immediately apparent that it's fake due to the hyperbolic language but it obviously deceives some people into thinking it's authentic.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a lot of irony in using a deceptive website to accuse Cuomo of deception.

The source cited in the OP has the appearance of legitimacy because the name was deliberately chosen to create that deceptive facade and trick viewers. It's not.

It's a website that falsely purports to be associated with an ABC-affiliated television station and that publishes fabricated stories, including a made-up article about a West Virginia mother who fatally shot a registered sex offender that was picked up by other media outlets due to its name designed to manipulate.

https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/ABC14News-Label.pdf

I try my best to never click on links to such dishonest sites because I don't want to contribute to their view count. I made the error in clicking on the OP's link. It should be abundantly and immediately apparent that it's fake due to the hyperbolic language but it obviously deceives some people into thinking it's authentic.
True its an opinion site, but what makes you think its not true? Here is another opinion site with the same story.
Nolte: CNN's Chris Cuomo Caught Deceptively Editing Trump Briefing

• Informative
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
True its an opinion site, but what makes you think its not true? Here is another opinion site with the same story.
Nolte: CNN's Chris Cuomo Caught Deceptively Editing Trump Briefing

You've subverted what I stated. No, it is not an "opinion" site. It's a fraudulent one, and the ethically appropriate response would be to request that the thread be closed rather than enabling the disinformation to grow.

Did you not actually read the articles you've posted to realize the second link from Breitbart is a copy and paste of the first article? I mean when you wrote "same story" I thought it meant that it was going to be an original one but on the same topic, and not just a copy pasta with cheese.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You've subverted what I stated. No, it is not an "opinion" site. It's a fraudulent one, and the ethically appropriate response would be to request that the thread be closed rather than enabling the disinformation to grow.

Did you not actually read the articles you've posted to realize the second link from Breitbart is a copy and paste of the first article? I mean when you wrote "same story" I thought it meant that it was going to be an original one but on the same topic, and not just a copy pasta with cheese.
Yes i noticed the articles were identical, but not sure who posted it first.

• Friendly
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.