United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It used to be NORMAL EVERY DAY.
It is best, and easy, and yes, it smells.
Yes, I know. I resisted because as a full time working mom it wasn’t something I felt like I could keep up with. However, I have realized it’s not as huge of a commitment as I originally thought, especially since I have rearranged some of my routines.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
p.s. did you find something besides white vinegar to help eliminate the p((p smell ?

:)

It is a lot more expensive than it used to be (because it wipes out all viruses) , but colloidal silver diluted in distilled water even to 1 ppm and lightly misted in the air
may eliminate completely the odors , with no toxicity at all....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Are there any tips?
When or before they are old enough for solid food, get healthy recipes to make baby food !

Avoid the 5 white toxins (no one seems to be aware of these). Use a neutral internet search engine to get ideas / recipes, and to identify what is toxic, but still used in grocery stores.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
p.s. did you find something besides white vinegar to help eliminate the p((p smell ?

:)

It is a lot more expensive than it used to be (because it wipes out all viruses) , but colloidal silver diluted in distilled water even to 1 ppm and lightly misted in the air
may eliminate completely the odors , with no toxicity at all....
I haven’t yet. This is a brand new thing. Not all of the diapers I ordered ha e gotten here yet.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
oh, btw, I have not heard of this regarding diapers, but clothes in the usa, from china , etc,
need to be soaked in baking soda , water and vinegar solution (basic soak)
to get the formaldehyde out - the formaldehyde does not wash out in regular wash cycles, even after many washes, and it causes rashes in a large number of Americans, in sensitive areas....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Oh no I didn’t think of that! What if I do it wrong????
Millions do it wrong every day.
THey just keep on going....

But they do not seek what is right.

You are seeking what is right, right?

Step by step we learn, so while others perish (or just get sick) for lack of knowledge,
we are kept by Yahweh , in Jesus, as HE SAYS (He is the One who disclosed all this information in the first place, and the ways to avoid the problems) ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Also, it takes time... and realizing what our grandparents knew - if something causes a rash, find out why, and correct it the way they did (when they knew)....

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if I can’t get all the formaldehyde out? How can I tell?

If you have bought a good brand, especially an organic brand it won't have formaldehyde.
Just soak in a water + vinegar solution and wash before use.

We used cloth for a while with our eldest, but the designs are so much better now. My tip would be washable liners.

Don't use fabric softeners as they can effect absorbancy.

How To Wash Your Modern Cloth Nappies!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What if I can’t get all the formaldehyde out? How can I tell?
Formaldehyde MIGHT NOT BE in any of the diapers - it was in clothes (underwear, shirts, pants, socks) from china for a number of years. HOPEFULLY , someone put a stop to it, as it caused so many itching and rashes that the doctors did not tell the patients about (they wanted to keep selling the medicine and getting paid for seeing the patients) (not all of them, but apparently far more than not).....

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used cloth diapers for both of my kids when they weren't in daycare and it's not difficult at all.

They may still have diaper services too that pick up your dirty diapers for you and deliver you clean ones. They wrre always convenient but if you don't mind, then washing them is nothing but laundry.

Its not rocket science... everyone used to do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Formaldehyde MIGHT NOT BE in any of the diapers - it was in clothes (underwear, shirts, pants, socks) from china for a number of years. HOPEFULLY , someone put a stop to it, as it caused so many itching and rashes that the doctors did not tell the patients about (they wanted to keep selling the medicine and getting paid for seeing the patients) (not all of them, but apparently far more than not).....
How do I know if it is?

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used cloth diapers for both of my kids when they weren't in daycare and it's not difficult at all.

They may still have diaper services too that pick up your dirty diapers for you and deliver you clean ones. They wrre always convenient but if you don't mind, then washing them is nothing but laundry.

Its not rocket science... everyone used to do it.
My town is so tiny, I don’t think we have that available. We don’t even have a grocery store.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How do I know if it is?
soak it in baking soda and vinegar and water for twenty minutes,

then there's no worry ... that takes it out.

How did you know in the past if something in the laundry detergent was causing a reaction in someone ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
My town is so tiny, I don’t think we have that available. We don’t even have a grocery store.
How to Start a Cloth Diaper Service

How to Start a Cloth Diaper Service
Our guide on starting a cloth diaper service covers all the essential information to help you decide if this business is a good match for you. Learn about the day-to-day activities of a cloth diaper service owner, the typical target market, growth potential, startup costs, legal considerations, and more!

:) ENJOY ! hahaha ...... no worries either - moms have been doing cloth diapers for over 2 years.... haha (a century?)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I haven’t yet. This is a brand new thing. Not all of the diapers I ordered ha e gotten here yet.
Back in the old days...
We had diaper pails that held water to put the dirty ones in until we had a small washer load. We put bleach in the diaper pail water because it kills germs and removes stains.
We had to use specially made safety pins but today the amazing velcro makes it much easier.
As for formaldehyde here is a report from the US Government Accountability Office/GAO. You'll find cloth diapers on page 39.
https://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10875.pdf

Upvote 0