Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Many moons ago when Christianity appealed to me, and I had zeal for this God. I found out pretty soon that most Christians didn't have my best interests at heart. After having my old beliefs dismantled for Jesus, I was left with nothing to hold onto. This was the truth I thought, there's nothing else, I believed.

But I had a curious nature, and so I just wasn't content with the answers these Christians gave me. But in return they hated me for it, even when I was a Christian I never fit their cookies cutter Christ.

It really was Christians who turned me off having faith in their God. I mean, how can anyone believe they are a real Christian but at the same time purposely hurt you?

Don't ask me why I come to these places, I have no idea. Or why I feel a need to communicate with Christians after what many of them have done to me. Most likely the religious mind set was the cause to my undoing (Psychosis) But who knows.

Do I have a question? A struggle? Well yes

How can I ever trust to join a group of people who never wanted to know me.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You didn't feel accepted for who you were. You felt they were trying to mould you into something you are not. You don't believe their version of Christianity is correct. You believe your version of Christianity is.
I'd say there might be several people on here who empathise with you. As Mother Theresa said, in the end, it was never about them, it was only about the relationship you have with Him.

Reactions: HowRU?
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You didn't feel accepted for who you were. You felt they were trying to mould you into something you are not. You don't believe their version of Christianity is correct. You believe your version of Christianity is.
I'd say there might be several people on here who empathise with you. As Mother Theresa said, in the end, it was never about them, it was only about the relationship you have with Him.
And what is a relationship, IYO.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You didn't have to reply to this thread, just ignore me :)
I will if you want me to. If I annoy you. But I am just curious why you seem to get pleasure out of trying to wind me up, for example. What's wrong with a civil conversation? Is that too boring for you?

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many moons ago when Christianity appealed to me, and I had zeal for this God. I found out pretty soon that most Christians didn't have my best interests at heart. After having my old beliefs dismantled for Jesus, I was left with nothing to hold onto. This was the truth I thought, there's nothing else, I believed.

But I had a curious nature, and so I just wasn't content with the answers these Christians gave me. But in return they hated me for it, even when I was a Christian I never fit their cookies cutter Christ.

It really was Christians who turned me off having faith in their God. I mean, how can anyone believe they are a real Christian but at the same time purposely hurt you?

Don't ask me why I come to these places, I have no idea. Or why I feel a need to communicate with Christians after what many of them have done to me. Most likely the religious mind set was the cause to my undoing (Psychosis) But who knows.

Blessing to you chriscomplex! Perhaps this time around, someone in here, will show you the love of God toward you. What I would do if I were you instead of looking for Jesus in others, start looking in your past. When I came to The Lord He showed me the times in my life when He intervened and yet I did not know it. I am sure if you reflect back you will see some thing that you just can not explain. You see, sometimes what we are looking for can be right in front of us but we can not see it. It is designed that way .I know, that every soul is watched carefully by Him up until the perfect time that He knocks on their door.It is kinda like, have you had enough trying life your way? Had enough pain and suffering? I am sure that if you decide to start seeking Him, you will find Him. I am sure He is just waiting to revel Himself to you. You see, it is about a relationship not what you have previously believed. Who knows, maybe this time around, you might just run into real Christians who will except you just as you are, the same as Jesus does. Hope you have a Blessed night.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Blessing to you chriscomplex! Perhaps this time around, someone in here, will show you the love of God toward you. What I would do if I were you instead of looking for Jesus in others, start looking in your past. When I came to The Lord He showed me the times in my life when He intervened and yet I did not know it. I am sure if you reflect back you will see some thing that you just can not explain. You see, sometimes what we are looking for can be right in front of us but we can not see it. It is designed that way .I know, that every soul is watched carefully by Him up until the perfect time that He knocks on their door.It is kinda like, have you had enough trying life your way? Had enough pain and suffering? I am sure that if you decide to start seeking Him, you will find Him. I am sure He is just waiting to revel Himself to you. You see, it is about a relationship not what you have previously believed. Who knows, maybe this time around, you might just run into real Christians who will except you just as you are, the same as Jesus does. Hope you have a Blessed night.
I have had some impossible things line up, as if something outside was instructing my steps. But those steps don't end up at Jesus door step, maybe it did once (For a reason)

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It is caused by a core false doctrine in majority of Christianity that states a person will be sent to hell if they don't believe that they will go to heaven instead. Then the Christians spend all their effort trying to make people believe that they will go to heaven, and because they believe blindly that a person disagreeing with them is destined for hell, it creates a distressing anxiety that distracts them from cultivating love.

The goal of Christianity is love first and foremost, so people may recognise the true nature of Christ and get to know Him as a real and personal friend/guide/shepherd/Lord.

A lot of Christians resort to trickery and cunning in order to try and convince a person to believe their view of the gospel, and often enough even emotional blackmail and other sorts of psychological abusiveness.

I am sorry that you have encountered so much pain through all of this. I really do hope you can recover enough to assume the mantle, and to go forward making a positive impact in the world :oldthumbsup:

• Winner
Reactions: Rainrider
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It is caused by a core false doctrine in majority of Christianity that states a person will be sent to hell if they don't believe that they will go to heaven instead. Then the Christians spend all their effort trying to make people believe that they will go to heaven, and because they believe blindly that a person disagreeing with them is destined for hell, it creates a distressing anxiety that distracts them from cultivating love.

The goal of Christianity is love first and foremost, so people may recognise the true nature of Christ and get to know Him as a real and personal friend/guide/shepherd/Lord.

A lot of Christians resort to trickery and cunning in order to try and convince a person to believe their view of the gospel, and often enough even emotional blackmail and other sorts of psychological abusiveness.

I am sorry that you have encountered so much pain through all of this. I really do hope you can recover enough to assume the mantle, and to go forward making a positive impact in the world :oldthumbsup:
I already have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm starting to realise this might be occurring on here too. Best to be vigilant.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm starting to realise this might be occurring on here too. Best to be vigilant.
It's actually not a new thing! (see 2 Corinthians 4:2).
but many here will say it is "obedience". And I'm under the impression they might mean obedience to them. :)
St. Paul wrote about this too! (See 1 Timothy 1:3-7).

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say if you look to people, they will disappoint you. Every single time. Even the best person in the world is imperfect and will disappoint the people who love them.

I think if you could see the beauty that is in Christ, it might help.

Upvote 0

Rainrider

Jun 6, 2017
Lovington
✟16,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I can understand what you are saying. In my own search for the truth, I found myself out side the norm. Still am really, and I have found others that are just to happy to be hateful, and degrading. At times I have really though that if that is what a "Christian" is, I am better off just being me.
Yet I have always thought with a logical mind, and never have I taken anyone's word for anything. So the search began. Truth is what I needed in my life, and in my heart, and truth is what is what I would find.
Finding what I have, I no longer say I am a "Christain" I am a follower of HaShem,(God) and His ways. The truth I have found is never the same for any 2 people. Truth is found in the Word, (Bible) yes. Yet if you need one thing I another, then what we need is what we find, if we are willing to look.
I have kicked out of 4 churches here in this little town, and forced out 2 others. The last 2 didn't say leave, they just made it clear that if I was going to correct their pitcher, they would rather I didn't come at all.
Well knowing me, and how I simply can't sit back when I know what I hear from the leaders of a church is not right, I pull them a side, and give them a Hebrew lesson, or history, or what ever is needed. The Word is not there for us to force on others, it is there for us to learn from.
You can have any 100 people read the same passage, if they all need something from it, they will all find what they need. If they need 100 different things, they get 100 different meanings to the same passage.
I am not here to make others like me, or to change anyone's mind on anything. I am simply here, as I am more or less stuck at home more than 85% of the time.
If I were you, and if you are looking for the kid of love that only Yeshua, (Jesus) can give. Then please stick around. I am not going to say that you will find it from everyone on this sight, I am going to say, if you look, you will find it from more than just one.
If you are looking for someone to talk about a different way of seeing the Word, then I can assure you, I am always open to that. There is nothing I love more than open dialog, where no one is trying to force their ideas on any one. Rather they simply are seek truth, and with the exchange of ideas, we sometimes find new roads to explore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I would say if you look to people, they will disappoint you. Every single time. Even the best person in the world is imperfect and will disappoint the people who love them.

I think if you could see the beauty that is in Christ, it might help.
It helps a lot more to see the beauty in you. I mean, why do I have to see the beauty in Jesus when you're right there.

I may as well say, Galatea you are beautiful, and you should know that.

He he.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I can understand what you are saying. In my own search for the truth, I found myself out side the norm. Still am really, and I have found others that are just to happy to be hateful, and degrading. At times I have really though that if that is what a "Christian" is, I am better off just being me.
Yet I have always thought with a logical mind, and never have I taken anyone's word for anything. So the search began. Truth is what I needed in my life, and in my heart, and truth is what is what I would find.
Finding what I have, I no longer say I am a "Christain" I am a follower of HaShem,(God) and His ways. The truth I have found is never the same for any 2 people. Truth is found in the Word, (Bible) yes. Yet if you need one thing I another, then what we need is what we find, if we are willing to look.
I have kicked out of 4 churches here in this little town, and forced out 2 others. The last 2 didn't say leave, they just made it clear that if I was going to correct their pitcher, they would rather I didn't come at all.
Well knowing me, and how I simply can't sit back when I know what I hear from the leaders of a church is not right, I pull them a side, and give them a Hebrew lesson, or history, or what ever is needed. The Word is not there for us to force on others, it is there for us to learn from.
You can have any 100 people read the same passage, if they all need something from it, they will all find what they need. If they need 100 different things, they get 100 different meanings to the same passage.
I am not here to make others like me, or to change anyone's mind on anything. I am simply here, as I am more or less stuck at home more than 85% of the time.
If I were you, and if you are looking for the kid of love that only Yeshua, (Jesus) can give. Then please stick around. I am not going to say that you will find it from everyone on this sight, I am going to say, if you look, you will find it from more than just one.
If you are looking for someone to talk about a different way of seeing the Word, then I can assure you, I am always open to that. There is nothing I love more than open dialog, where no one is trying to force their ideas on any one. Rather they simply are seek truth, and with the exchange of ideas, we sometimes find new roads to explore.
I can't say I'm looking for that kind of love, just a nice girl I can snuggle with (Snuggle, meaning cuddle)

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

May 7, 2016
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why do I have to see the beauty in Jesus when you're right there.
This should be a helpful thought:

Sister Galatea could very well become abhorrent (Lord, forbid :swoon:), if she were to abandon The Holy Spirit (John 1:4).

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
This should be a helpful thought:

Sister Galatea could very well become abhorrent (Lord, forbid :swoon:), if she were to abandon The Holy Spirit (John 1:4).
Well by that logic, I am abhorrent.
Anyway, I have a very interesting thought around what the holy spirit is Why for some it comes and goes on them, and for others why remains on them.

But you won't like the concept, you might just get snuffly about it.

Upvote 0