Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I imagine that most states that have universal mail in voting have clear, easy-to-follow instructions and clear, easy to read forms.

I have heard that some states, faced with additional requests for mail-in ballots, have tried to complicate the process so they can reject them. One state apparently requires mail-in ballots to be sealed in envelopes and then placed into the mailing envelopes. Others require witnesses (not sure if any require notarization).

Let's face it. If some red state engages in voter suppression, it won't affect the election, because Republicans win by 20% or so anyway. The swing states are problematic.

Fortunately, Wisconsin, Michigan, and N. Carolina now have Democratic governors instead of Republican ones, so that should cut down on this nonsense. Florida's governor, who recently shows he has no concern for the health and safety of his citizens, would be more problematic, but Florida has had a widespread mail-in voting system for years and is unlikely to change their forms just for this year. DeSantis did, however, try to add onerous burdens to voters with prior felonies to prevent them from voting.

With the pandemic, I think that Democrats realize Biden and Democratic Senatorial candidates need to have a cushion of a point or two just to combat the dishonesty of voter suppression, but on the other hand, there is quite a bit of motivation to get rid of the most dangerous president in history.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I imagine that most states that have universal mail in voting have clear, easy-to-follow instructions and clear, easy to read forms.

I have heard that some states, faced with additional requests for mail-in ballots, have tried to complicate the process so they can reject them. One state apparently requires mail-in ballots to be sealed in envelopes and then placed into the mailing envelopes. Others require witnesses (not sure if any require notarization).

Let's face it. If some red state engages in voter suppression, it won't affect the election, because Republicans win by 20% or so anyway. The swing states are problematic.

Fortunately, Wisconsin, Michigan, and N. Carolina now have Democratic governors instead of Republican ones, so that should cut down on this nonsense. Florida's governor, who recently shows he has no concern for the health and safety of his citizens, would be more problematic, but Florida has had a widespread mail-in voting system for years and is unlikely to change their forms just for this year. DeSantis did, however, try to add onerous burdens to voters with prior felonies to prevent them from voting.

With the pandemic, I think that Democrats realize Biden and Democratic Senatorial candidates need to have a cushion of a point or two just to combat the dishonesty of voter suppression, but on the other hand, there is quite a bit of motivation to get rid of the most dangerous president in history.
There is no suppression or if there is it is VERY little. Most states by now allow you to vote early in person. ( I know as mentioned above here in GA we have three full weeks and at least one Saturday to vote in person before election day. We are a new swing state. It is not hard to follow directions and get them in on time or even drop them off in a ballot box instead of mailing them in. If you do not vote at this point and can not follow simple directions then you are either too lazy or do not deserve to vote on the grounds that you do not have the mental ability to understand what you are doing.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I will also be voting in-person. While I normally find the USPS to be excellent and trustworthy at any other time, I don't feel the same towards the current administration and the GOP that has been looking for every excuse to dismantle and privatize the USPS. This is definitely not the year to mail-in ballots given any alternative.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
".... but on the other hand, there is quite a bit of motivation to get rid of the most dangerous president in history.
:doh:

That's funny.

Here's he's nominated three times for the Nobel Peace Prize and you call him the most DANGEROUS President in history. Like Joe Biden would say, "Come on man!"

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will also be voting in-person. While I normally find the USPS to be excellent and trustworthy at any other time, I don't feel the same towards the current administration and the GOP that has been looking for every excuse to dismantle and privatize the USPS. This is definitely not the year to mail-in ballots given any alternative.
particularly not mass if people are required to asks for them OK ( ideally people should be required to drop them in a ballot box. This is as opposed to mailing the completed ballot back.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2010
United Kingdom
✟226,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
:doh:

That's funny.

Here's he's nominated three times for the Nobel Peace Prize and you call him the most DANGEROUS President in history. Like Joe Biden would say, "Come on man!"
Anyone can be nominated. For example, Mussolini, Hitler and Stalin were all nominated. Being nominated by a political brown-noser means nothing.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Each voter should assess the risks in his/her state and take care to follow voting instructions...

In the case of MA, 37% more ballots were cast in the primary, however "Investigators show 17,872 ballots were rejected, representing about 1.7% of early and absentee votes.":

Of the 1.7 million votes cast in Massachusetts in this month's primary, 814,013, or about half, arrived by mail, according to Secretary of State William Galvin's office.
Thousands of people chose mail-in voting for the first time,..........

The article goes on to note:
-Some ballots were not signed
-Some ballots were not received by the voter
-Some ballots were not processed due to operational errors/mistakes

If I lived in a state that was new to mass mail in balloting, I would make it a priority to vote in person or at the very least, drop off my mail-in ballot at a designated drop box.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Our plan is that whenever we drive by the polls once early voting begins we will pop in when the parking lot is empty.
We are in a quiet peaceful part of our city so I hope that people of color and immigrants will come to our polling place. We are much less likely to have armed Trump supporters intimidating people by us as they will assume we are all Republicans.

Upvote 0