• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Clinton investigators told Obama DOJ not willing to charge her on espionage statue

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+6,326
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hillary Clinton investigators were told Obama DOJ 'not willing to charge' her on key espionage statute: internal chart

Hillary Clinton
    Lisa Page said the Obama administration's Justice Department advised the FBI not to pursue the gross negligence statute for Hillary Clinton's mishandling of classified information; chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reports.
    An internal chart prepared by federal investigators working on the so-called "Midyear Exam" probe into Hillary Clinton's emails, exclusively reviewed by Fox News, contained the words "NOTE: DOJ not willing to charge this" next to a key statute on the mishandling of classified information. The notation appeared to contradict former FBI Director James Comey's repeated claims that his team made its decision that Clinton should not face criminal charges independently.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+10,438
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    When is the Trump DOJ going to correct the oversight?

3. JacobKStarkey

JacobKStarkey Well-Known Member

+306
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    Why? Because the elements of the crime could not be proven. That will be different for Trump when he leaves office.

4. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,424
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    We are watching the exposing of top DOJ officials, many of which are now fired or retired early.

Like rats leaving a ship.

5. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+15,049
    Agnostic
    Single
    The S.S. Donald?

6. Mountainmanbob

+6,326
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    This is a very big story although many of the news stations wish either not to cover it or to only give it very brief coverage.

Some still wish to spread the news that this is old news but, no there is more being revealed each day.

Takes time to cut through the grime.

M-Bob

7. EpiscipalMe

EpiscipalMe Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,278
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    I can really tell the DOJ was protecting Clinton - especially when Comey announces reopening the investigation a week before the election.

Besides, didn’t Trump promise to lock her up? If there was enough evidence couldn’t his DOJ bring charges?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+13,533
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Not a good sign when the federal government is likened to a sinking ship.

9. Mountainmanbob

+6,326
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Do you happen to know anybody working in Washington?

I know two congressmen and one Senator and let me tell you they move very slowly back there.

All I hear is about Trump's campaign promises. I thought he still had some time left in office? And then there's that reelection which should be an easy one.

Judge Trump after he is long gone from office like we are looking at Obama now.

M-Bob

10. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+3,119
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    You guys are obsessed with Hillary Clinton being crooked. Perhaps she is, who knows. But given that your guys have spent well over a decade trying to investigate every aspect of her life, and you now have a president who came to office promising to 'lock her up', it's hard to see exactly why you aren't attacking Trump and the GOP if you're so convinced about her guilt. After all not only do you have Trump in the white house but until recently you held BOTH houses of congress too.

If that isn't enough political power to investigate deeply enough to find guilt, then perhaps its time to accept there is no guilt to find, and you've been sold a bag of magic beans.

Or you could just keep obsessing over a woman who isn't even relevant to her own political party any more, let alone the country in general.

11. Mountainmanbob

+6,326
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I guess you possibly just don't understand cover ups and how well they work at times? Especially when many heads in Washington are on the line.

And possibly you have not studied the subject matter knowing that much of this has been revealed in the last few days.

Well then again I guess some Stations don't even cover it?

Now that it's all Breaking open after all of this time expect to hear much more.

If your job and future and reputation was on the line how far would you go to protect it? That's what's going on.

I was heavily involved in politics here in the East County of San Diego and that's how it works and it just ain't rocket science.

Everybody covering their own rear end. And man so many fall short at doing that.

M-Bob

12. EpiscipalMe

EpiscipalMe Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,278
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    Do the same “give it time” rules apply to the Mueller investigation?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Mountainmanbob

+6,326
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Maybe better sources needed.

The Mueller investigation is ready to shut down.

M-Bob

14. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+10,787
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    "Lock her up!" was just the Donald playing to the crowd. I doubt he ever had any intention of doing so.

15. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+7,055
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    At least this is a more honest title than your now-closed thread on the same topic "Lisa Page admitted Obama ordered stand-down Clinton emails"

But it's still a nothingburger. DOJ prosecutors said the gross negligence charge was not going to stick in any court in the land.

No, because they were investigating other charges than gross negligence, like mishandling classified records. Go read the transcripts hislegacy posted in the other other thread on this topic.

We did not blow over gross negligence. We, in fact and, in fact, the Director because on its face, it did seem like, well, maybe there's a potential here for this to be the charge. And we had multiple conversations, multiple conversations with the Justice Department about charging gross negligence.

And the Justice Department's assessment was that it was both constitutionally vague, so that they did not actually feel that they could permissibly bring that charge, and also that it had either never been done or had only been done once like 99 years ago. And so they did not feel that they could sustain a charge.

That's right. Well, no, no, no. So we should clarify a couple things. So the cases were about mishandling, not about gross negligence. So the 30 years back were really about like: Show me the types of mishandling cases that we do bring.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+1,268
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    There is nothing more normal than a law enforcement agency deciding not to prosecute something. It’s what you do when you don’t have a good case. So unless there is evidence that the motive was to cover up wrongdoing or protect Hillary despite a rock solid case against her, I don’t see what the big deal is.

17. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+7,972
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Is this the 3rd thread we have on this? Why start another?

Ms. Page explained that the lawyers in the DOJ thought that the charges didn't apply. Is that "pressure", using their professional expertise, experience and judgement?

ETA: I see @essentialsaltes has already covered this and helpfully included the actual verbiage.:wave:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,424
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    That’s why we changed Captains

19. cow451

+10,438
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    And what is stopping DOJ from investigating Clinton?

20. cow451

+10,438
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Mueller had the same problem but is persevering.