Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Point is, while you point to one area and declare climate change, and I point to another area and show that it isn't everywhere....
I'm assuming that you know what average means and what its significance is.

Let me give an example. Let's say that there is a changable ball that used to be 70% yellow. The question is: Is the ball turning yellow? Judy points out that it is now 90% yellow, and Grace points out that a part that used to be yellow is now blue. Obviously Judy's statistic is more important.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm assuming that you know what average means and what its significance is.

Let me give an example. Let's say that there is a changeable ball that used to be 70% yellow. The question is: Is the ball turning yellow? Judy points out that it is now 90% yellow, and Grace points out that a part that used to be yellow is now blue. Obviously Judy's statistic is more important.
What if it happens to be Judy Tenuta that's gotten a stint as a CNN Journalist to fabricate FAKE NEWS? Her assignment is to figure out a way to make it look like the yellow portion of the ball is increasing from 70% to 90%.

Grace is an unassuming trustworthy journalist for FOX News that's not prone to exaggerate. When she says the part that used to be yellow is now blue is more reliable than Judy's inflated statistic.

Maybe the part of the inflatable ball that was yellow was increased in size when Judy pushed in on the blue portion to make it appear smaller while at the same time causing the yellow portion to appear larger. ... Hillary found out that statistics can be deceiving depending on who's doing the figuring.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
What if it happens to be Judy Tenuta that's gotten a stint as a CNN Journalist to fabricate FAKE NEWS? Her assignment is to figure out a way to make it look like the yellow portion of the ball is increasing from 70% to 90%.

Grace is an unassuming trustworthy journalist for FOX News that's not prone to exaggerate. When she says the part that used to be yellow is now blue is more reliable than Judy's inflated statistic.
Neither Fox News nor CNN are trustworthy.

You don't allow news networks to "figure out" the statistics. There job is only to report the statistics that credible scientists figure out, and you go with the majority of scientists.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

You don't allow news networks to "figure out" the statistics. There job is only to report the statistics that credible scientists figure out, and you go with the majority of scientists.
But they don't and that is the problem

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

What if the majority of scientists are pro evolution, anti-GOD, don't believe the Bible is a trustworthy primary source for scientific consideration and think they can solve the world's problem without the intervention of GOD . What Then?

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
What if the majority of scientists are pro evolution, anti-GOD, don't believe the Bible is a trustworthy primary source for scientific consideration and think they can solve the world's problem without the intervention of GOD . What Then?
By the very fact that the scientists are pro-evolutionary, leads them to the wrong conclusions, leads them to discard things that do not fit their theory, and their proof is tampered by their faith.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The majority of scientists are pro-evolution, are not anti-God, and do not go to the Bible as a source for scientific evidence. And that's what I take my cues from. IMHO, it is just as mistaken to reject evolution as it is to believe in a flat earth. And the Bible is not a science book--it is designed to give us moral and doctrinal information, and the Good News.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
But they don't and that is the problem
The overwhelming majority of scientists say that mankind is causing global warming. Now you can go to fake news sights that say 40% disagree, which is ridiculous, but even then, you still have the majority of scientists agreeing that human behavior is the problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The overwhelming majority of scientists say that mankind is causing global warming. Now you can go to fake news sights that say 40% disagree, which is ridiculous, but even then, you still have the majority of scientists agreeing that human behavior is the problem.
and papal faith agrees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The article was about the enlargement of the glacier ice... which is not global warming... the manmade part is the made up part that man is pushing politically.
Hmmm. I thought you were presenting enlargement of glacier ice as evidence against global warming.

At any rate, my arguments against still stand.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Hmmm. I thought you were presenting enlargement of glacier ice as evidence against global warming.

At any rate, my arguments against still stand.
It fell apart when you wanted "scientific" proof... You can't get better than NASA

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It fell apart when you wanted "scientific" proof... You can't get better than NASA
Did you have a link to the NASA website that backs up a NET LOSS of glacier volume? (Remember, loss of this glacier here or that glacier there doesn't mean the average isn't a gain.) It also has to be a pattern over time. If there has been a loss of volume every year since 1980, and then we have one year of gain, it means nothing. I'm just saying, if you do find a NASA website, make sure it actually says what you want it to say.

For example, I found THIS on the NASA website, which says the opposite of what you are saying.

The satellite era, beginning in the 1970s, has given us a picture of accelerating ice changes in places like Alaska, Greenland and Antarctica, where the loss of land-based ice is contributing to global sea level rise. Forty-six gigatons of ice from Alaskan glaciers was lost on average each year from 2003 to 2010.

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/4/

There is, in your benefit, a second study that was done more recently that outright contradicts this, that says there was a net gain during the same period. NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses How do we reconcile this? There must have been something different...

What was different was the method used for measuring the ice. A controversial NASA study says Antarctica is gaining ice. Here’s why you should be skeptical Now they have to determine which method is the more accurate method. Until then, we don't know.

One of my questions would be, if there is a net gain in glaciers rather than a loss, how do we explain the rise in sea level? It does make me still a little more biased in favor of net loss of mass. But I admit it's best to wait for scientists to work this out among themselves.

Which means, vis, that at least you have informed me that we DON'T KNOW what the state of glacier gain/loss is. I didn't know that before.

I hope you are equally convinced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0