US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I clicked on a website video that had some stuff that was disturbing, quite possibly spiritually evil stuff. I am scared now, what to recommend? It's not an issue of computer viruses or anything; it's feeling spiritually scared.
I am sorry you saw a website video that had disturbing and possibly evil stuff on it. I am praying God will comfort you and protect you. God will protect you.

Upvote 0

Drick

Aug 22, 2017
Alabama
✟18,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not very specific, so I doubt anyone can give any specific help, but I do have a general suggestion. Never be afraid to read, to inquire, to know. How can you identify evil if you don't know its shape? No weird religious video is going to put a curse on you or anything like that as you process it with a strong heart and a clear mind.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,529.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I may be a bit paranoid but I've heard of an instance of something spiritually evil happening to a person who accessed spiritually evil stuff on the Internet, don't want to be attacked by spiritual forces or something...

Learn from the experience and don't go back to that site or visit others like it.

As for being attacked spiritually, the best defence is to be as close as you can to Jesus.
Try spending more time reading the bible and in prayer.
Remember what Romans ch 8 teaches us.

Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you'll be alright MercyandFaith. We're all sinners, and spiritually evil events are taking place outside in the real world all day long. I think the worst thing to do is to dwell on what you saw instead of just shrugging it off and turning back to Christ. Pray for the Holy Spirit to protect you, and He will.

God Bless and I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So I clicked on a website video that had some stuff that was disturbing, quite possibly spiritually evil stuff. I am scared now, what to recommend? It's not an issue of computer viruses or anything; it's feeling spiritually scared.
Vocally renounce what you experienced. Then commit to keeping yourself pure before the Lord. As Titus 2 states, keep "saying No to ungodliness."

We all make mistakes like that. We just need to keep learning from them, and try not to make the same ones twice. The Lord is on our side.

As Tolworth_John says, get closer to the Lord. Your fears are being played upon by the enemy because of your vulnerabilities in that regard. He does that in order to make us our own worst enemy. Bathe yourself in the Lord's forgiveness and love and keeping power. You'll find it in the Word, which you need to be studying prayerfully and with devotion. Then you'll find the power to brush off incidents like this and not waste time on the devil's lies.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟582,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We need to be careful about where our attention goes. Be guided by God. And it is possible there will be things God has us knowing about, but we need to be prayerful so we do not give in to how evil would effect us.

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

Even if you did what God was not guiding you to do, you can pray now for Him to make you stronger and obedient, and pray for Him to have mercy on people who are promoting evil.

You can read how Joseph suffered such evil, but used that evil to help the people who did it to him, even > Genesis 37-50. So, do not be victim, in how you react, but grow in being able to do what can help even people who do you evil.

This is possible with God, and comes with growing.

So, God bless you; it is good to see you :)

Bill

Upvote 0

messager777

Sep 19, 2017
south georgia
✟2,107.00
Country
South Georgia And The South Sandwich Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1JOHN5: = Knowing the True—Rejecting the False
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

DEUT.18:9-14 says that Satan/demons, through their false prophets/agents, have occult powers, eg concoct charms/spells/hexes against others. Those who keep God's Law or Moses Law(= do not sin or no evil) will be protected and blessed by God.(DEUT.28)

P S - At ACTS.15:24-29, God has exempted new Gentile Christians from any law of Moses which is a burden, eg circumcision and kosher foods. They are not exempted from any law which is not a burden, esp morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments(EXO.20), DEUT.18:9-14, LEV.10:9 & 18:22, etc.
....... In comparison, new Jewish Christians are required by God to continue to keep as many law of Moses as possible because it is not a burden to them.
....... Those who wantonly or ignorantly break God's Law will risk losing their salvation, like the wife of Job who cursed God/Jesus and died while suffering for Job's ignorant sin.(1COR.5:1-5 & 11:30 & 6:9-11, REV.22:12-15)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums