Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Michie, you are the most 'tuned in' to church news around this forum, so your lay opinion has weight with me. Do you agree that more than the surface has been scratched but there is a ton more to be done as far as getting the whole mess set straight?
Thank you so much. :) I’m just tuned into the news. I think because sometimes I have doubts as a convert so I through this stuff out there for those more experienced than me.

I honestly thing the surface has barely been scratched. I think there is much more to be uncovered for this to be a transparent Church. The Pope will not even give straight answers to questions that are in much need of answers. I believe clericalism is very much a disease in the Church and until all of us, from the pope on down wants a clean transparent and more compassionate Church for her faithful and those outside of it, we have a long way to go. So while we have made progress, I feel it has been very superficial to try save face.

It’s a very sad and disheartening situation. We need a clear message with the action to back it up. Stop treating the laity as if they are feeble.

Upvote 0