Clear Word Bible: Is it the Word of God?

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Monk Rock said:
Matthew 7:3
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Hello monk rock

Have read the clear word?

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

Monk Rock

The Magic Bishop
Jan 30, 2004
Kingdom of the Many Lawful Drums
✟159.00
Faith
Anglican
i read what the gunny wrote... if that counts.

i have a question for you... are you god? if so, then you can judge 'til your heart's content... if not, well... i'd try to be a bit more understanding and less judgmental. that's just me. i'm not god. and so i realize that i don't know everything. that makes me feel kinda hypocritical when i judge others.

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hello monk rock

No I am not God. But God did say for us to spread the true gospel of Christ and to defend against heresy.

Ac 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Pr 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pr 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Re 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Now maybe you embrace the new age liberal theology. I do not. Maybe you think God is only bluffing. And again I do not. Maybe you think all roads lead to God. I do not.

Pr 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

I do not embrace liberal theolology. In fact I reject it completly. If you want to defend the SDA Clear Word and the SDA church go out and buy the books, and learn about Adventism and come and make an argument for them. It does you no good to talk about motes and beams when you are completely blind on the topic yourself

But if you think you are going to silence anyone with liberal theology I think you picked the wrong thread.

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

Monk Rock

The Magic Bishop
Jan 30, 2004
✟159.00
Faith
Anglican
deu58 said:
Pr 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

I do not embrace liberal theolology. In fact I reject it completly. If you want to defend the SDA Clear Word and the SDA church go out and buy the books, and learn about Adventism and come and make an argument for them. It does you no good to talk about motes and beams when you are completely blind on the topic yourself

so what you're saying is that your way seems right to you? but doesn't that fit in with the quoted verse from proverbs?

i don't necessarily agree with the SDAs, but i'll defend their right to believe what they do.

i'm just asking that you not take the words of the Son of God so lightly. think twice before you judge somebody else, there may be something much worse about you... you are human and fallible.

Upvote 0

Heathen Dawn

Gesta Dei per Francos
Aug 13, 2003
Israel
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Shekinahs said:
Folks need to just get over spending all their energy trying to prove wrongness. If you spend all your time focused on wrongness that's what you will be living in your life. What you think on is how you live. Folks who spend all their time looking for Satan in all things will find Satan will be a big part of their lives. Same with looking for abominations. You keep looking for it and it will follow you like the flu.

Shekinahs, I bow my head before your spiritual maturity! :bow: :clap:

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hello monk rock

You want to defend peoples rights to believe what they choose?

copied from the Adventist websitewww.GreatControversy.org—A Positive Place on the Web for The Third Angel's Message
"One of the major elements of the Adventist mission is the second angel's message and its warning about the fallen churches. Revelation 18:1-4 is connected to this message, and God makes the call to “Come out of her [Babylon] My people.” Adventists must join Him in this call—unpopular or unkind though it may seem to make us. We are, by our DNA, our nature, a church calling Christians out of error and into truth. Some might then call us a proselytizing church, a sheep-stealing church. If they mean that we are freeing sheep from wolves, then we will not argue. But the sheep are not ours; they are our Father's, and the wolves are those unwilling today to sustain God's teachings and who present as spiritual food smooth things. They leave God's people unprepared.

A part of our task by its very nature, is to call God's people out of fallen churches. While this is not calculated to make us popular, it does alert us that our task is to give presently highlighted truths special prominence in our proclamation. There is precious truth, material that we can teach that is truthful and important but not as critical for our time as what we might call present-truth. Our task is especially to give a message of present-truth. We must do that in a kind and generous way, yet we do need to do it."

Like I said, you need to learn about what you are defending before you jump on stump and start defending it. And I will tell you point blank you do not have a clue.

You do not know who these people are or what their purpose here is.

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

Monk Rock

The Magic Bishop
Jan 30, 2004
✟159.00
Faith
Anglican
deu58 said:
And I will tell you point blank you do not have a clue.

You do not know who these people are or what their purpose here is.

i may not have "have a clue" about them, but they have every right to believe what they do. you have every right to believe what you do. that doesn't mean i agree with either of you.

so, are you saying that you have a clue? that your way seems right to you? (refer to pr. 14:12)

did you read any of the scripture from the mouth of jesus that i posted to this thread?

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hello monk rock

Go to my post to zorilla on pg 7 of the Ellen White thread, my reply to her is post 67.{there is also an Ellen G White thread so do not confuse the two}

Read my reply and then come back and tell me if I have a clue or not.

Kind of strange that you defend their right to come here and prosylitize and tell otthers they do do not have a right to stop them.:scratch:

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

Monk Rock

The Magic Bishop
Jan 30, 2004
✟159.00
Faith
Anglican
i never said that you didn't have a clue.

what i'm saying is that you both have the right to believe what you do. do you think that the SDAs think they're wrong? no, they believe they are right just as passionately as you believe what you do is right.

how would you like someone judging you on their standard of righteousness when you don't believe in that very standard? i assume you wouldn't like that. maybe i'm wrong. maybe you really enjoy that.

personally, i'd be offended. that's why i say that i may not agree with what they have to say, but i'll defend their right to say it. because i think i'm right, and i'd like the right to say.

do unto others....

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Monk Rock said:
i never said that you didn't have a clue.

what i'm saying is that you both have the right to believe what you do. do you think that the SDAs think they're wrong? no, they believe they are right just as passionately as you believe what you do is right.

how would you like someone judging you on their standard of righteousness when you don't believe in that very standard? i assume you wouldn't like that. maybe i'm wrong. maybe you really enjoy that.

personally, i'd be offended. that's why i say that i may not agree with what they have to say, but i'll defend their right to say it. because i think i'm right, and i'd like the right to say.

do unto others....
hello monk rock

You really do not get the point do you. That is exactly what the Adventists are doing. you have been judged and found unworthy. That is their belief system. They are not out looking to call the lost from the world they are out to deny you your right to accept what you choose to believe. Go take a look at the unclean food and Sabbath threads dude.

People who are saying you have the right to worship on the day of your choice and you have the right to eat what you choose to eat are being told by SDA's they are doing Satans work and are going straight to hell.

In case you have not noticed monk this is a debate forum. So you seem to be of a mind that they have the right to overrun the forum promoting their own doctrines and writings and publications and those of us who disagree should just be silent and let it happen.

You seem to believe that it is ok for them to start their own threads supporting there own beliefs but when someone like gunny starts a thread exposing the serious flaws and errors in their belief system oh you should not judge them.

That is the problem with liberal theology, about the only time you speak up is to defend those who seek to destroy or make irrelavent what the bible says.

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
deu58 said:
hello shekinah

The clear word is not a translation from the original tongues, It is a translation from the Adventist Spirit of Prophecy as written by Ellen G White

yours in Christ
deu58
Well if you do not believe in what it says don't read it. Many denominations have their books for study. It's usually by them and for them.

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Monk Rock said:
i think what shekinahs was trying to say is that too often christians define themselves by what they are against, and they don't often focus on what they are for... sometimes they focus on avoiding the bad, and forget about doing the good...

:idea:

so let's just focus on what we need to do to live the right life and let the other guy who believes just as much as we do that they're just as right as we are... that we let that other guy do his best to live the life he believes is right. and we should both be willing to listen to each other... and not just wait for our turn to speak so we can cram dogma down their throat...
Exactly. It reminds me of listening to some people who are not Christian define their faith. They define their faith on what is in Christianity they do not agree with. If you ask them what they believe they start off with "Well Christians say (insert a belief) and I do not believe that". ANY faith should be able to define itself independent of referencing what another faith believes.

Upvote 0

Monk Rock

The Magic Bishop
Jan 30, 2004
✟159.00
Faith
Anglican
deu58 said:
You really do not get the point do you. That is exactly what the Adventists are doing. you have been judged and found unworthy. That is their belief system. They are not out looking to call the lost from the world they are out to deny you your right to accept what you choose to believe.

that's what it seems like you are doing. judging others and finding them unworthy; denying others their right to accept what they choose to believe. remember the mote and the plank reference?

deu58 said:
That is the problem with liberal theology, about the only time you speak up is to defend those who seek to destroy or make irrelavent what the bible says.

thanks for making an untrue blanket statement. the liberals i know speak up to defend the underdog. isn't that what jesus was doing when he said: "let he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."?

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
See people who seek to find "false doctines" and point them out never have peace. You spend your energy in someone elses' back yard trying to find out the wrong they are doing in their own house. If they are not in your house get out of their backyard. See the Adventists could recount the Clear Word and say they were wrong. Would you have any more peace than you do now? Doubt it. You would find somemore "false doctrine" of another denomination or church. See the entire world could not only become Christian but become members of your denomination and you still would be seeking out issues. You will never be at peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hello shekinah and monk rock

Considering your profile I can see why people who speak out against false doctrines would upset you. Along with liberal theology and other religions replacing the bible neither do I support so called christian magic and mysticism. This is just my opinion mind you, but to me both are nothing more than New Age religion.

Also are you not trying to force your own belief by telling people they have know business expressing their own view that you are wrong,

And considering this is a thread about discussing the clear word why don't you go start your own thread about why people should not discuss these things rather than hi jack this thread to promote New Age philosophy?

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

Monk Rock

The Magic Bishop
Jan 30, 2004
✟159.00
Faith
Anglican
deu58 said:
Considering your profile I can see why people who speak out against false doctrines would upset you.

"speaking out against false doctrine" is not what's upsetting me. what's upsetting me is that you refuse to admit that you don't know everything. you refuse to admit that you are human and fallible. considering that, don't you think it would be a little bit more responsible to not be so judgmental?

deu58 said:
Also are you not trying to force your own belief by telling people they have know business expressing their own view that you are wrong,

i'm not saying that you can't express what you believe, what i'm trying to say is that it might be a little bit more christian IMHO to attempt to be more understanding, since you don't know everything, and a little bit less judgmental and absolutist

deu58 said:
And considering this is a thread about discussing the clear word why don't you go start your own thread about why people should not discuss these things rather than hi jack this thread to promote New Age philosophy?

excuse me :scratch: i thought everyone was welcome to post to this thread. and i was talking about the clear word... or at least, your approach to it. and i think that's a valid concern when talking about it.

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Ohh get another tactic would you :rolleyes:. Straying off the topic to reveal my New Age Christianity as a way to discredit is nothing new. Like that would create shockwaves in the OS forum.

I've stayed right on target with this thread. My view is if a person does not like any translation or commentary of the Bible do not read it. Actually THIS thread would have made MORE sense in the CO section. I mean how many people in the OS forum read the Bible as a Holy book? Besides us non-traditional Christians not too many. So what's the point of declaring not believing in the Clear Word in a forum that is visted a lot by non-Christians to begin with? Simple there is another agenda amiss.

People can tell me they think I'm wrong til they run out of breath. And then catch their breath and start over. All they are doing is wasting their breath. My relationship with the Divine is strong and powerful. He protects me daily. Just this morning he protected me. :blush: I totally honor, love and ADORE the God and Goddess Yaweh and Shekinah :bow:. And they honor my practice and I know this. So folks yapping their lips about me being wrong verses the everyday relationship I have with the God and Goddess showing me daily my walk with them they approve of is no contest. :rolleyes: I listen to the Divine not to the ramblings of people who have shut off part of the spiritual gifts God gave us and then dishonor God by calling it evil. How ungrateful. :mad:
deu58 said:
hello shekinah and monk rock

Considering your profile I can see why people who speak out against false doctrines would upset you. Along with liberal theology and other religions replacing the bible neither do I support so called christian magic and mysticism. This is just my opinion mind you, but to me both are nothing more than New Age religion.

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all

People can tell me they think I'm wrong til they run out of breath. And then catch their breath and start over. All they are doing is wasting their breath. My relationship with the Divine is strong and powerful. He protects me daily. Just this morning he protected me. :blush: I totally honor, love and ADORE the God and Goddess Yaweh and Shekinah

Well what do you know! common ground.

deu58

Upvote 0