Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I had a day off and I listened to the impeachment hearings while I did a bunch of odd jobs and cleaning around the home.

We need new Representatives in the House. The old power structure just has to go, on both sides. What I heard today (Monday) was awful, disrespectful, argumentative, badgering witnesses, reminding me of what I had heard long ago of the McCarthy Hearings. The Democrats sounded like a Stalinist show trial. The Republicans AND Democrats like broken records. Neither side has the interest of plain Americans at heart. The Democrats have wanted to impeach Trump from the day after he was elected, if they weren't planning it as a contingency all along. The Republicans sold their souls to the Party of Trump at about the same time, if not before. All day long they demonstrated that our republic is dying if not already dead.

We need to investigate Joe Biden, who shouldn't be allowed within a mile of the White House. His quid pro quo with regards to Ukraine is as glaring as that of Trump. Neither are presidential. Neither should be elected. Both should be locked up. Only bankrupt political parties would run either of them. And Hillary is up to her eyeballs in it too.

I think the Democrats and Republicans need to be replaced eleven months from now. But most everyone will vote either for a Democrat to stop a Republican from being elected or vote for a Republican to stop a Democrat from being elected. So we will get Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee again and our Republic crashes and burns. OR we can reject both of them and find others with more interest in sanity.

I've been interested in the American Solidarity Party for a couple of years now. I intend to see to it that they get on the ballot in my state for the upcoming November elections. Getting a candidate on the ballot isn't easy, but I had the experience of getting Evan McMullen on the ballot in my state, where Hillary Clinton almost didn't make it on the ballot because the Democrats were not paying attention in my state. You need thousands of petition signatures to get a ticket on the ballot, but with twenty or so people out gathering the signatures it isn't all that insurmountable. The other thing I intend to do is to push the idea that a vote for either Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee is a wasted vote. It really is. Voting for the second worst candidate to stop the worst candidate is counter-productive.

If we want a republic, if we want democracy, we need new political parties. I'm reminded of what Deitrich von Hildebrand said about the German vote for Hitler. The two big parties were the Nazis and the Communists. Both pushed the idea that you had to vote for them to stop their opponent. And thus rational middle parties got marginalized. The worst outcome happened. Had it not happened the second worst outcome would have happened.

Elections have consequences.

• Agree
Reactions: Athanasius377

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I had a day off and I listened to the impeachment hearings while I did a bunch of odd jobs and cleaning around the home.

We need new Representatives in the House. The old power structure just has to go, on both sides. What I heard today (Monday) was awful, disrespectful, argumentative, badgering witnesses, reminding me of what I had heard long ago of the McCarthy Hearings. The Democrats sounded like a Stalinist show trial. The Republicans AND Democrats like broken records. Neither side has the interest of plain Americans at heart. The Democrats have wanted to impeach Trump from the day after he was elected, if they weren't planning it as a contingency all along. The Republicans sold their souls to the Party of Trump at about the same time, if not before. All day long they demonstrated that our republic is dying if not already dead.

We need to investigate Joe Biden, who shouldn't be allowed within a mile of the White House. His quid pro quo with regards to Ukraine is as glaring as that of Trump. Neither are presidential. Neither should be elected. Both should be locked up. Only bankrupt political parties would run either of them. And Hillary is up to her eyeballs in it too.

I think the Democrats and Republicans need to be replaced eleven months from now. But most everyone will vote either for a Democrat to stop a Republican from being elected or vote for a Republican to stop a Democrat from being elected. So we will get Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee again and our Republic crashes and burns. OR we can reject both of them and find others with more interest in sanity.

I've been interested in the American Solidarity Party for a couple of years now. I intend to see to it that they get on the ballot in my state for the upcoming November elections. Getting a candidate on the ballot isn't easy, but I had the experience of getting Evan McMullen on the ballot in my state, where Hillary Clinton almost didn't make it on the ballot because the Democrats were not paying attention in my state. You need thousands of petition signatures to get a ticket on the ballot, but with twenty or so people out gathering the signatures it isn't all that insurmountable. The other thing I intend to do is to push the idea that a vote for either Tweedle Dum or Tweedle Dee is a wasted vote. It really is. Voting for the second worst candidate to stop the worst candidate is counter-productive.

If we want a republic, if we want democracy, we need new political parties. I'm reminded of what Deitrich von Hildebrand said about the German vote for Hitler. The two big parties were the Nazis and the Communists. Both pushed the idea that you had to vote for them to stop their opponent. And thus rational middle parties got marginalized. The worst outcome happened. Had it not happened the second worst outcome would have happened.

Elections have consequences.
So today the Democrats dropped the articles of impeachment. It's strictly partisan. I'm hoping it blows up on them. And when the trial happens in the Senate it blows up on the Republicans. But for this to work, we need real alternatives in office.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The House isn't even sending the articles to the Senate. What are they waiting for? The whole thing is a joke.
The Democrats referred to Trump staying in office as a clear and present danger, how Trump is subverting the constitution right now every day, and now they go home for a month? The whole thing IS DEFINITELY a joke. If they want to impeach, then fine, do it, send it to the Senate for trial. Merry Impeachmas. But this is goofy.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I didn't even vote for Trump and I think this impeachment is a farce. It's like the democrats didn't like the outcome of the election, so they thought they'd over-throw Trump. The people spoke during the election, let that stand.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I didn't even vote for Trump and I think this impeachment is a farce. It's like the democrats didn't like the outcome of the election, so they thought they'd over-throw Trump. The people spoke during the election, let that stand.
I'm a never Trumper too. Didn't vote for Hillary and wouldn't vote for ANY of the Democrats running now. But this is a nasty joke on us all.

As Obama said so eloquently, "Elections have consequences". The Democrats forgot that.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't think the democrats feel too confident in what they've done. They know the public isn't backing them and their jobs might be in jeopardy.
And I do hope the House Democrats all lose their jobs. And a bunch of Republicans too. I can actually hope for that now. The other probable outcome is some form of civil war or coup de etat.

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

MarIllos

Jul 7, 2020
LA
✟8,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quite interesting:) Cleaning house is usually difficult task! If you suffer from this process, I can recommend you to buy some special tools and equipment. For example if you hate cleaning floors you can buy robot vacuum and forget about this problem. Like example check robot vacuum cleaner reviews, there are several good models!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums