Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is What Yahwah said:

Genesis 9

9 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Unclean food was foods that were "ceremonially unclean." However, food with blood in it is always unclean.
Even if you refuse to acknowledge this passage needs to be qualified and that we cannot interpret "everything" literally since that would mean we can eat other humans, we still have the later revelations in Leviticus and Deuteronomy that YHWH does not want HIS PEOPLE eating unclean. The lust of the flesh is a difficult thing to overcome Cherubram, but if you have the Holy Spirit, you can have victory over it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you have chapter and verse that links anything to the 70 ad razing of the Temple?
Daniel 9:25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One,[f] the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.[g] The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’[h] In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Even if you refuse to acknowledge this passage needs to be qualified and that we cannot interpret "everything" literally since that would mean we can eat other humans, we still have the later revelations in Leviticus and Deuteronomy that YHWH does not want HIS PEOPLE eating unclean. The lust of the flesh is a difficult thing to overcome Cherubram, but if you have the Holy Spirit, you can have victory over it.
Lol. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
13267941_1186838168015356_815227560913453463_n.jpg

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The reason I asked is because I question why Welch's Grape jelly is pictured there. I know it does not have a kosher symbol, but that does not mean it contains pork. I see nothing in the ingredients that might contain pork (CONCORD GRAPES, CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, FRUIT PECTIN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE). Has anyone confirmed that it contains pork?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The reason I asked is because I question why Welch's Grape jelly is pictured there. I know it does not have a kosher symbol, but that does not mean it contains pork. I see nothing in the ingredients that might contain pork (CONCORD GRAPES, CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, FRUIT PECTIN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE). Has anyone confirmed that it contains pork?

I have heard that there are US laws that say things such as you can only have X amount of rodent parts in X food. they obviously do not list particles of dead rats and roaches as part of the ingredients.

I know for a fact that cocoa can have all kinds of creepy crawlies on it and if it is mass produced then there is almost no doubt that some of those insects get into the chocolate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟997,851.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

This. I don't care what nifty little meme someone posts on FB says. The question is whether the food contains pork or not based on the ingredients list. As for the toothpaste, I don't care. Most people I know don't chew and swallow toothpaste for nourishment.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This. I don't care what nifty little meme someone posts on FB says. The question is whether the food contains pork or not based on the ingredients list. As for the toothpaste, I don't care. Most people I know don't chew and swallow toothpaste for nourishment.
The dietary laws go beyond the ingredients list. Also, while an ingredient list may not say "pork", it will disguise pig based by-products with other names like "gelatin".

As for toothpaste, according to Proctor and Gamble, Crest "Pro Health Toothpaste," is made with animal derived ingredients including pork fat. Even though we don't chew or swallow such toothpaste for nourishment, it is still absorbed into the body to some degree. Even if it wasn't absorbed by the body, would you really want to scrub your teeth with pork fat?

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
CLEAN AND UNCLEAN PRODUCTS LIST

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dunno about the jelly though... if the jelly had gelatin in it then my guess is that they use pig bones to make gelatin?
Almost all gelatin in products is from pigs, unless the label specifies that it is beef or fish gelatin.

• Informative
Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟768,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Focusing on Jelly, but by extension other products on the list, one must do more research than just look at a meme or read a list without context if one might want to use that product. Some Welch's Concord Grape Jelly is in fact Kosher certified (OU). It is best to do a search on the certifying groups websites, for example:
Kosher Letter of Certification | OU Kosher Certification
Also on that image is Kool-Aid. While regular Kool-aid is not kosher, Kool-Aid made for the Sodastream machine is certified OU.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The question is whether the bins and instruments in the factory used to produce it were also used to process treif. You have no way of knowing, and therefore cannot guarantee it is kosher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
From a health stand point, the reason for the selection of animals considered clean for eating has to be good in a righteous mind to follow as a dietary habit. God is wise, and man is wise to follow Him. This article is creating loopholes in the word of God. Now I have always been curious about the "every moving creature" verse in light of the "clean and unclean" clarifications.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

It's not just the ingredients that count for it being kosher. The equipment and anything that is used on it has to be kosher too, that won't be found on the label. Also there is the fact that that kind of jelly is made from grapes and grapes need a special certification, not because of what they contain but what 'influence' they were under while growing, for the same reason that Kosher wine exists.

Upvote 0