Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mar-a-Lago search inventory shows documents marked as classified mixed with clothes, gifts, press clippings - CNNPolitics

There were more than 48 empty folders with a "classified" banner and 42 empty folders marked to return to the staff secretary or a military aide, DOJ said.
Those kinds of folders are designed to intentionally obscure their contents and are often reused, according to multiple sources familiar with White House procedures for handling classified information. In some instances, these folders have a tracking number, two of the sources said, although such cases are rare.

It doesn't indicate files are missing. But it is something to be concerned about. Why are they there?

• Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FBI investigators uncovered evidence of missing documents that may have fallen into the hands of unauthorized individuals, or flushed down the toilet. Mishandling classified documents is a Federal crime.
FBI materials seized from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home included 90 empty folders
yes but it seems that if they overlook that for one person they should also overlook it for everyone, equal justice under the law. It looks really bad when the DOJ shows such obvious favoritism

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mar-a-Lago search inventory shows documents marked as classified mixed with clothes, gifts, press clippings - CNNPolitics

It doesn't indicate files are missing. But it is something to be concerned about. Why are they there?
The secret files found so far were missing from Federal document storage.

There were 90 empty folders, classified documents and misc. items among the boxes seized. I suppose someone might have needed empty folders to move documents from one place to another.

Among boxes seized so far, there were secret documents describing the use of spies to gather intelligence.
Some of the ‘Classified’ Folders Found at Mar-a-Lago Were Empty … For Some Reason – Rolling Stone

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There were 90 empty folders, classified documents and misc. items among the boxes seized. I suppose someone might have needed empty folders to move documents from one place to another.

Among boxes seized so far, there were secret documents describing the use of spies to gather intelligence.
Some of the ‘Classified’ Folders Found at Mar-a-Lago Were Empty … For Some Reason – Rolling Stone
Oh the files where missing from Federal document storage, becuase Trump had them. My point is that the empty folders is not an indication that more files are missing. But it is up the Federal investigators to determan that.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh the files where missing from Federal document storage, becuase Trump had them. My point is that the empty folders is not an indication that more files are missing. But it is up the Federal investigators to determan that.
Information about more missing documents is probably classified. I saw a report of 90 empty folders. Who needs 90 empty folders to cover reading a few treatises at a time? It was like he was taking documents from somewhere and not returning them, keeping the empty folders he carried them in. The FBI had to go retrieve the missing documents as Trump disobeyed a Federal subpoena and thus obstructed justice by not returning them as ordered by the court.

Trump had documents pertaining to the Mueller investigation into Russian collusion in hacking the DNC. “Russia are you listening,” said Trump while asking them to release Hillary’s emails too.

The FBI found documents containing info collected by U.S. intelligence agents marked HUMINT. ABC reported this story about the meanings of some of the classification markings found at Mar-a-Lago:
Here’s what we've learned from the DOJ's photo of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FBI investigators uncovered evidence of missing documents that may have fallen into the hands of unauthorized individuals, or flushed down the toilet. Mishandling classified documents is a Federal crime.
FBI materials seized from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home included 90 empty folders

Mishandling of classified documents is a federal crime that according to James Comey no reasonable persecutor would bring a case against.

“Although there is evidence of potential violations regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case,”
Comey said decisions on whether or not to bring charges are partly based on “how similar situations have been handled in the past.”
FBI's Comey says 'no reasonable prosecutor' would bring a case against Clinton for emails (cnbc.com)

How does one uncover the absence of something? I have never uncomvered something that was not there.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mishandling of classified documents is a federal crime that according to James Comey no reasonable persecutor would bring a case against.

“Although there is evidence of potential violations regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case,”
Comey said decisions on whether or not to bring charges are partly based on “how similar situations have been handled in the past.”
FBI's Comey says 'no reasonable prosecutor' would bring a case against Clinton for emails (cnbc.com)

How does one uncover the absence of something? I have never uncomvered something that was not there.
James Comey is not the attorney general. Comey also guessed wrong about the severity of the Russians meddling during the presidential election. The law regarding handling of classified information was enacted while Trump was in office. Trump signed it into law. Trump is not a lawyer, in fact he does not show common sense about the handling of classified info, nor did he obey the DOJ subpoena asking for the return of stolen CLASSIFIED, TOP SECRET, SCI and HUMANIT documents. The FBI had to go get them. Then Trump falsely accused the FBI of being the Nazi Gestapo. There are all sorts of problems with allowing people to take classified documents to their homes without returning them.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes, and if Trump had just given back the stuff he took, I doubt there would have been any consequences at all. But he didn't give all of it back even though he had his lawyers certify in writing that he had. The indications are that it was not so much carelessness as deliberate. They suspect it was to obstruct an investigation, but I don't know much about that.

You've never had anything go missing? I once had money in my desk and some of it was absent the next day.

• Useful
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

Ironically, Trump later signed a law that made unauthorized removal of classified a felony.

Law Trump Signed in 2018 May Punish Him Over Classified Info (businessinsider.com)

I think you'd notice if your car or other expensive belongings went missing. Inventories can also be recorded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Would that include the spies who were gathering evidence against Carter Page?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James Comey is not the attorney general. Comey also guessed wrong about the severity of the Russians meddling during the presidential election. The law regarding handling of classified information was enacted while Trump was in office. Trump signed it into law. Trump is not a lawyer, in fact he does not show common sense about the handling of classified info, nor did he obey the DOJ subpoena asking for the return of stolen CLASSIFIED, TOP SECRET, SCI and HUMANIT documents. The FBI had to go get them. Then Trump falsely accused the FBI of being the Nazi Gestapo. There are all sorts of problems with allowing people to take classified documents to their homes without returning them.

Yeah, if people are allowed to see classified documents, they might find out what the government is doing behind their back.

No Comey was not the attorney general at the time he made those statements. That would have been Lorretta Lynch who is cheifly notable for her not secret enough meeting with Bill Clinton at an airport . A meeting at which they assured us they discussed nothing at all to do with Hillary's, who was a lawyer, mishandling and dissemination of classified documents. BTW Mishandling and dissemination of classified documents have always been illegal.

I wasn't aware that Trump had falsely accused the FBI of being the NAZI Gestapo. That would be a fairly stupid accusation to make. Since in reality they are only the enforcement and intimidation arm of the Democratic Party. Neither NAZI nor Gestapo despite the similarity in some of their methods.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, if people are allowed to see classified documents, they might find out what the government is doing behind their back.

No Comey was not the attorney general at the time he made those statements. That would have been Lorretta Lynch who is cheifly notable for her not secret enough meeting with Bill Clinton at an airport . A meeting at which they assured us they discussed nothing at all to do with Hillary's, who was a lawyer, mishandling and dissemination of classified documents. BTW Mishandling and dissemination of classified documents have always been illegal.

I wasn't aware that Trump had falsely accused the FBI of being the NAZI Gestapo. That would be a fairly stupid accusation to make. Since in reality they are only the enforcement and intimidation arm of the Democratic Party. Neither NAZI nor Gestapo despite the similarity in some of their methods.
The Federal agencies are not supposed to practice politics, but justice instead. A General at the Pentagon may not raise funds from his brigade for the election of a person, party, or to fund a PAC. An office manager at HUD may not put up campaign posters in the hallways.

The Republicans wanted a stronger law against mishandling classified information. Trump signed the law. When he left office in 2021, he lost his security clearance. Even if he once had a clearance, he should not have moved even one classified document with his personal belongings to a location not approved for storage. What Trump did is a felony. At his age it is difficult to remember all these laws, even if he signed one of them.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Federal agencies are not supposed to practice politics, but justice instead. A General at the Pentagon may not raise funds from his brigade for the election of a person, party, or to fund a PAC. An office manager at HUD may not put up campaign posters in the hallways.

The Republicans wanted a stronger law against mishandling classified information. Trump signed the law. When he left office in 2021, he lost his security clearance. Even if he once had a clearance, he should not have moved even one classified document with his personal belongings to a location not approved for storage. What Trump did is a felony. At his age it is difficult to remember all these laws, even if he signed one of them.
It’s not just the classified documents, but thousands of other government papers and photographs. He pilfered like crazy.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s not just the classified documents, but thousands of other government papers and photographs. He pilfered like crazy.
I watched part of his recent rally. He was complaining about the government. His supporters started chanting, “Knock them out.” “Knock them out.”

• Useful
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0