Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I normally listen to Worship & Praise Christian music; and have several threads around CF; but ever once in a while I like to listen to older Rock music; in the "Three Guitars and drummer" style of a lot of older bands; like: The Beatles, Three Dog Night, and CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival). I believe God made music to enjoy; especially if it's beautifully done; here is one From CCR:

Credence Clearwater Revival - Cottonfields

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just as a reminder (some seem to need this) as per the SoP; debating in this forum or this thread on wither listening to secular music is ungodly; does not belong here and will be deleted; thanks guy's.

Secular Music Forum Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Secular Music forum is for discussing all genres of non-Christian secular music, bands, artists, etc. Threads which question whether listening to secular music is ungodly, and posting several scriptures to back up these claims, do not belong here. Please post these threads in a more suitable forum such as the Christian Philosophy and Ethics forum. Threads which revolve around a Biblical discussion/debate over the "godliness" of secular music will either be moved to a more appropriate forum (depending on content), or closed or removed. If you read threads of this nature, please do not reply to the poster in an inflammatory manner, but report the thread and the moderation team will take appropriate action.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ha!:p This song always reminds when I was stuck in Lodi, Cal with my car in the 70s with nothing more wrong then a flat tire and no spare; and no money to buy another. Lost a nice 62 Plymouth cause they towed it before I could get back from Sacramento with another. :oops: Sounds like the beginning for a CCR song! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ha!:p This song always reminds when I was stuck in Lodi, Cal with my car in the 70s with nothing more wrong then a flat tire and no spare; and no money to buy another. Lost a nice 62 Plymouth cause they towed it before I could get back from Sacramento with another. :oops: Sounds like the beginning for a CCR song! :cool:
You actually got "stuck in Lodi", huh? That's pretty funny. I mean I guess it wasn't that funny at the time but...

Yeah I've always liked CCR a lot.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You actually got "stuck in Lodi", huh? That's pretty funny. I mean I guess it wasn't that funny at the time but...

Yeah I've always liked CCR a lot.

I love the song; but Lodi was a little dried up desert town with nothing in it of interest back then (now it's probably a nice little city) but about 17 bars (never went in them) which if you listen to the song; that's what it was about; the band stuck playing to drunks in a bar in Lodi.:eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeing as how it's the rainy season here in the Pacific NW; here is another on the rain. The only thing wrong with song is; it's too short! 2:30sec!

Couldn't they have made just one more stanza? Or repeat themselves; like most bands do; I start getting into the song, and, it's over. Oh well it's a great song anyway!:clap:

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Who'll Stop The Rain

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I grew up between Chi-town and Motown. (closer to Chi) So I was immersed in soul music. Great bass lines. And that carried over into the hard rock from the area as well.

Grand Funk was from Flint MI which is not that far from Detroit and you can hear the Motown influence in the bass lines. This is one of my favorites from the band.

BTW - don't get fooled by the timer on the screen. The track is only about 6 and a half minutes long.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.