1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Classic Beauty?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Greyshade89, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Greyshade89

Greyshade89 Senior Veteran

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    do you mean using blush is..not good?

2. peacedove1633

peacedove1633 New Member

+1
    Catholic
    Using blush works, and the technique mentioned will work, but it all depends on how much blush you use. In those old movies,as everyone has already said, lighting had alot to do with how those actresses looked, so the large amount of blush they wore always made their cheekbones look perfect. In real life, wearing that much blush may look clownish, so be careful how much you use. The contouring thing does work, as the contrast of colours will create the illusion of highers cheekbones, but make sure it is well blended so the effect looks discrete. Also instead of blush you may want to try a little bronzer under the cheekbones, and your normal cover-up on top. It's the same effect, but more of a natural look.
    :)

3. akasmom

akasmom busy body, still soul

+549
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    no, no, I mean if you don't have the high cheekbones it's hard to fake them, because you're talking underlying bone structure, not just a surface illusion. Besides, while it's a lovely look, there's nothing wrong with other face shapes; I think you should make the best of what you've got rather than trying to make the illusion of something you don't.
    Blush is one of the hardest things to get right, so whatever you use, use a light hand with it, use it to look healthy but don't worry about contour - celebrate what you have!

4. GodsMessenger0135

GodsMessenger0135 New Member

+1
    Christian
    only if you don't blend it in.....it's only supposed to be a shade darker. It's not supposed to be that noticable.

5. AmericanGirl

AmericanGirl I love the US Army

+106
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Oh oh oh!!! I HAD to post in this thread because 1940-1950 makeup and hair is my thing as you can tell. :p I love it !!! For anyone wanting to re-create the "classic beauty" look I strongly recommend these two books; 1940's Hairstyles by Daniela Turudich, and Vintage Face by Angela Bjork and Daniela Turudich. They go into alot of detail and tell you what to get, and how to do your makeup the 30's 40's and 50's and your hair the 40's way. In Vintage Face they show the stars of the day, Louise Brooks, Greta Garbo, Rita Hayworth, Audrey Hepburn and more, and how to create their 'looks'! It's great and HIGHLY recommended! :clap:

6. Greyshade89

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    oh thank!! Thats great..I think the women back then were just beautiful!

7. Izzy23

Izzy23 Let Love Rule

+125
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I think people took a lot of time and pride in their appearance back then. We love to schlep around these days. They NEVER left the house without a full face of makeup, nylons and high heels. Men were the same way. It's a completely different attitude now. I kinda miss those days myself. They were very glamorous.

8. akasmom

akasmom busy body, still soul

+549
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    yeah, but it took a LOT more work!!

9. AmericanGirl

+106
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    But everyone looked sooo much better. Just walking down the street the world was a prettier place :pink:

10. Greyshade89

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yeah they were! I wish everyone was as modest as they were back then.

11. AmericanGirl

+106
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    My favorite of all the leading queens in the classical beauty era is Olivia De Havilland. Oh my but she was gorgeous!

I can't see why fashions changed so much, I mean really, what looks better, this;

[​IMG]

Or this;

[​IMG]

The second is not only much more pleasing to the eye, but gives a softer, sweeter, more feminine look. Do guys really prefer the Britney look over that? <points to Olivia> I don't know *sighs*

12. Greyshade89

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I think they are both very beautiful. The second one is just...I dont know...a different kind of beauty!

13. AmericanGirl

+106
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Oh Brit has a very pretty face, no denying that! The 40's makeup artists could have done some pretty amazing things with her I think since she has lovely bone structure. It's very fine and delicate :) But I had to page through hundreds of pretty filthy images of her before I was able to find one that wouldn't violate rule 4.1.a :p This particular one didn't quite drive home the fashion point since it's a pretty tame one of her, but I figured it was better to have it that way then to break a rule lol

14. Greyshade89

+82
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    LOL...thats true! I dont like all the girls now days trying to dress sexy...I like modest!