Classic Beauty?

peacedove1633

Oct 4, 2005
✟7,651.00
Faith
Catholic
Using blush works, and the technique mentioned will work, but it all depends on how much blush you use. In those old movies,as everyone has already said, lighting had alot to do with how those actresses looked, so the large amount of blush they wore always made their cheekbones look perfect. In real life, wearing that much blush may look clownish, so be careful how much you use. The contouring thing does work, as the contrast of colours will create the illusion of highers cheekbones, but make sure it is well blended so the effect looks discrete. Also instead of blush you may want to try a little bronzer under the cheekbones, and your normal cover-up on top. It's the same effect, but more of a natural look.
:)

Upvote 0

akasmom

busy body, still soul
Feb 22, 2005
✟11,435.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
whisper_dishmon said:
do you mean using blush is..not good?

no, no, I mean if you don't have the high cheekbones it's hard to fake them, because you're talking underlying bone structure, not just a surface illusion. Besides, while it's a lovely look, there's nothing wrong with other face shapes; I think you should make the best of what you've got rather than trying to make the illusion of something you don't.
Blush is one of the hardest things to get right, so whatever you use, use a light hand with it, use it to look healthy but don't worry about contour - celebrate what you have!

Upvote 0

AmericanGirl

I love the US Army
Oct 8, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟17,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh oh oh!!! I HAD to post in this thread because 1940-1950 makeup and hair is my thing as you can tell. :p I love it !!! For anyone wanting to re-create the "classic beauty" look I strongly recommend these two books; 1940's Hairstyles by Daniela Turudich, and Vintage Face by Angela Bjork and Daniela Turudich. They go into alot of detail and tell you what to get, and how to do your makeup the 30's 40's and 50's and your hair the 40's way. In Vintage Face they show the stars of the day, Louise Brooks, Greta Garbo, Rita Hayworth, Audrey Hepburn and more, and how to create their 'looks'! It's great and HIGHLY recommended! :clap:

Upvote 0

Izzy23

Let Love Rule
Aug 1, 2004
New York City, NY
✟4,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think people took a lot of time and pride in their appearance back then. We love to schlep around these days. They NEVER left the house without a full face of makeup, nylons and high heels. Men were the same way. It's a completely different attitude now. I kinda miss those days myself. They were very glamorous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AmericanGirl

I love the US Army
Oct 8, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟17,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My favorite of all the leading queens in the classical beauty era is Olivia De Havilland. Oh my but she was gorgeous!

I can't see why fashions changed so much, I mean really, what looks better, this;

britneyspears.jpg

Or this;

oliviahavilland2.jpg

The second is not only much more pleasing to the eye, but gives a softer, sweeter, more feminine look. Do guys really prefer the Britney look over that? <points to Olivia> I don't know *sighs*

Upvote 0

AmericanGirl

I love the US Army
Oct 8, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟17,670.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh Brit has a very pretty face, no denying that! The 40's makeup artists could have done some pretty amazing things with her I think since she has lovely bone structure. It's very fine and delicate :) But I had to page through hundreds of pretty filthy images of her before I was able to find one that wouldn't violate rule 4.1.a :p This particular one didn't quite drive home the fashion point since it's a pretty tame one of her, but I figured it was better to have it that way then to break a rule lol

Upvote 0