Idaho
✟18,224.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes and they were told to stay out of the sun.also they used black lipstick(b&w films) to really make the mouths on these actresses stand out.I liked their clothes.:) alot of drawn on beauty marks too.max factor was a brainy artist.

Upvote 0

Tsarina

Most Holy Theotokos save us!
Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
whisper_dishmon said:
I watch these older movies on TMC and I have noticed the ladies in the 30'3 and 40's where so beautiful..they just have a different type of beauty than now days. How do you get that look. They are just so pretty!

You mean, like this? :

Marilyn-Monroe-16.jpg

Upvote 0

Tsarina

Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
whisper_dishmon said:
yeah...I wish I knew how to get that natural kind of beauty.

The picture i posted, (Marilyn Monroe) is very nice.

To achieve that kind of look. One will have to enhance their best features with some makeup to make them look more appearent. For exapmle, Mariyln Monroe has nice lips, cheekbones and eyebrows. She has enhanced them with some makeup to make her best features look even better. You can always try enhancing what you already have in order to get that look. :D

No one needs a lot of makeup to acheive 'natural beauty', that wouldnt be 'natural' anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodsMessenger0135

Oct 3, 2005
✟7,691.00
Faith
Christian
If you want the high cheekbone look along with a narrower face you just get two shades of blush. You add the darker blush below your cheekbone and the light blush on it. To get that curly hair than miss monroe has just get medium sized hot rollers and make sure you have alot of hairspray. Back then they always had fake beauty marks. Get a eyeliner pencil two shades at the most darker than your skin tone and put your beaty mark an inch to the side of the bottom of your nose or a half inch below your lips. To get that pale look just use white powder just be careful not to make yourself look like a ghost. Hope I was some help!

Reactions: Tsarina
Upvote 0

Tsarina

Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
GodsMessenger0135 said:
If you want the high cheekbone look along with a narrower face you just get two shades of blush. You add the darker blush below your cheekbone and the light blush on it. To get that curly hair than miss monroe has just get medium sized hot rollers and make sure you have alot of hairspray. Back then they always had fake beauty marks. Get a eyeliner pencil two shades at the most darker than your skin tone and put your beaty mark an inch to the side of the bottom of your nose or a half inch below your lips. To get that pale look just use white powder just be careful not to make yourself look like a ghost. Hope I was some help!

Two shades of blush with a darker under streak does make the cheekbones appear more higher. Actully, i have heard that alot of women do that to their chest to enhance their clevage while wearing a low cut top. (Although i dont consider that for myself). lols.

On the other hand, thanks for your tips. :)

Also, as for the picture of Marilyn that i did post, is not the best, ah yes i know. Its what i was able to find.

Take care.

Upvote 0

Endelyon

Oct 2, 2005
London
✟277.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I always thought it was something to do with the lighting they used in films and photographs then. Because lighting can make a huge difference to how good you look - I'm sure everyone has noticed how passport photographs have a tendency to make you look ugly/an idiot/insane!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tsarina

Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Endelyon said:
I always thought it was something to do with the lighting they used in films and photographs then. Because lighting can make a huge difference to how good you look - I'm sure everyone has noticed how passport photographs have a tendency to make you look ugly/an idiot/insane!

Your right! The light has to do alot with how you look in pictures.

Lol, thanks for reminding me of my Passport picture. :doh: It looks like a scary mug shot.

Upvote 0

Tsarina

Aug 13, 2005
Who wants to know?
Visit site
✟6,523.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Endelyon said:
I look insane in mine.

I blame the light...and it was raining....I don't normally look like a psycho...

Everyone's (as what i've witnessed and heard of) Passport picture looks almost insane.

Upvote 0