Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 27:54 (NASB)

Truly this was the Son of God.

Who do people think that Jesus is? Who do many parishioners think that Jesus is? A survey published (08/30/2020) by Benjamin Fearnow of Newsweek states that 52% of Americans believe that Jesus isn't God but a great teacher. The numbers don't get any better when people from all over the world are included. Why such confusion about the Lord? Why are people so attracted to Jesus and His teachings, and yet so confused about His identity. The answer to that may lie in Matthew 16:16. Peter understood who Christ is because He received a divine revelation. Unless our preaching and witnessing convey the conviction and power of the Holy Spirit people will never know who Jesus is.

Last edited:

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think that is where Christianity is floundering as a world religion. i think for a long time already, because many people peddle the word for profit and/or control over peoples lives.

The truth spoken in love has the power to break even the hardest hearts. That is the secret of Jesus. That is who He was, is and always will be.

It is for us believers to demonstrate His loving truth in our physical reality that is what counts. People hurting lies will be attracted to a heart set free by God's loving truth.

So few sharing Jesus freely! While so many are making good money preaching a soulless gospel, they seem to get the big mob.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What makes something attractive naturally? It’s usually the people. A friend shares an experience, you hear a great review, or follow a recommendation. In each instance people are involved.

How many Christians would you emulate? How many ignite your passion for God? Compare the answer to the number you know and there’s the problem. Christians aren’t very attractive. They don’t spark interest or curiosity. They’re just another religious group.

~bella

• Useful
Reactions: ronlion
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A survey published (08/30/2020) by Benjamin Fearnow of Newsweek states that 52% of Americans believe that Jesus isn't God but a great teacher.
Well, I understand that each person is unique. So, a numerical percentage might not tell us much. I would need to get to know someone so I can see why the person believes what he or she does.

There are people who say Jesus is God, but then they can act like they consider themselves to be God, dictating over others, judging who is worth loving. So, it could be they have God and Satan mixed up!

But what matters more than the "God" label is how Jesus is. And Jesus does say, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father;" (in John 14:9) So, if Jesus is "how" God is . . . how can He not be God? And I see how Jesus was mainly interested in showing people how God really is; so, therefore He did not make a project of going around saying, "I am God", "I am God", all the time. Because if people just called Him "God", still they could very badly represent Him if they do not appreciate who God is and how He really is.

Peter understood who Christ is because He received a divine revelation.
And is it possible that, with the revelation, already Jesus had proven Himself to Peter, so that the revelation was not much of a surprise?? :)

Now I consider how Jesus in the Gospels proved Himself. Now, can you say that how Jesus is and what He did proves He is just a human who is great in comparison with humans? Or does Jesus prove He is more than any human or angel, and is God's own Son who is divine like His Father?

• Friendly
Reactions: ronlion
Upvote 0