Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes We are Charismatics if you place us in a group.
We are a movement based on the all the promises of God being for us.

It's very simple to understand ,because we base our prayer life on Schripture rather than doubt.
We do not believe after praying, if it be thine will because we know God's will from God's Word.
We believe healing was in the atonement of Christ,and it is always God's will for our healing.
We believe in living a prosperous life and through abundant resources we are blessed so that we may bless others.
We believe that Christ gave back the authority that Adams sin cost mankind.
We believe the name of Jesus is supreme and being in Christ we are given the right to use His name overall the principality and strongholds of this World.
We believe God is pleased by our Faith,and without Faith ,prayer is held back.
And yes we believe in the Father ,Son,and Holy Ghost and baptize as such.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We believe in living a prosperous life and through abundant resources we are blessed so that we may bless others.
What scripture is that based on?
We believe that Christ gave back the authority that Adams sin cost mankind.
Gave back to who? When did Christ lose it?
..without Faith ,prayer is held back.
I have heard that men's prayers go unanswered if they don't love their wives but I've never heard of that one. What scripture is that?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that men's prayers go unanswered if they don't love their wives but I've never heard of that one. What scripture is that?

I was trying to help,and did not realize I had to post Apologetics.
It would speed things up if you would take time to read our statement of Faith.
So I copied most of it for you:

Word of Faith Statement of Faith:
1. We believe that when we repent, confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord, and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, that we are now justified by His blood, and shall be saved from wrath through Him. (Romans 5:9, Romans 10:9-10)

2. We believe that we are new creatures made righteous with Christ's righteousness, which is not of ourselves. We are not "unworthy new creatures" nor "sinners saved by grace". We were once sinners, but now we are saved by grace; our spirits born again, created in righteousness and true holiness; Sons of God, and joint heirs with Jesus.(2 Corinthians 5:17, Philippians 3:9, Ephesians 2:5-8, Ephesians 4:24, Galatians 4:6, Romans 8:17)

3. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration, and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ's return. (John 17:17-19)

4. We believe the Baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift from God to all believers in this dispensation. It is received separately from the new birth, and is accompanied by the ability to speak in other tongues, as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance. (John 15:26, Acts 2:4)

5. We believe that water baptism should be by immersion in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. It is a symbol of the Christian's identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. (Matthew 3:16, Romans 6:1-4)

6. We believe prosperity is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, spirit, soul, and body. The Lord has pleasure in the prosperity of those who serve Him. (3 John 1:2, Psalm 35:27)

7. We believe divine healing is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, body, soul, and spirit, and is wrought by the power of God. Jesus healed all who were oppressed of the devil. (Acts10:38, 1 Peter 2:24)

8. We believe that all of the Promises of God are always yes and amen, never no; that they are provided for in the atonement of Christ, and are the privilege of every member of the Body of Christ today who will receive them by faith. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

9. We believe that the faith to receive any of the Promises of God comes from hearing God's Word alone; that God's Word is alive and powerful, and every Promise therein contains the faith of God, sufficient to bring itself to pass in the life of any person who believes His Promise in their heart, and confesses it with their mouth. What God has so wonderfully provided by His grace we receive by faith. (Romans 10:17, Hebrews 4:12)

10. We believe that in all things pertaining to life on earth, God is the Author of all that is good; it is only the devil who comes to steal, kill and destroy. God never tempts us, nor uses any element of the curse (Deut. 28) to teach us; He only teaches us by His Holy Spirit revealing to us, the truth of His Holy Word. (John 10:10, James 1:13, Psalm 119:105, John 16:13, Deuteronomy 28)

11. We believe God gave all mankind free will and dominion over the world that we live in; and gave all Christians His kingdom authority and power, to walk as Sons of God, in the steps of Jesus, Who was our example in all things. By way of the leading of the Holy Spirit, we are to take dominion over circumstances and situations, and enforce His Covenant Promises on earth, through the power of His Words spoken out of our mouth. We believe that when we speak in full agreement with His Word, we can have what we ask. (John 1:12, Mark 11:22-24, Luke 9:1, James 4:7, 1 John 3:22)

12. We believe Jesus, in His life and ministry on earth, demonstrated God's perfect will for the earth in all matters for all time. He was made to be sin for us, and was spiritually separated from the presence of the Father on the cross in our place; He descended into hell, was raised up by God the Father, loosed from the pains of death, and was the firstborn from the dead. (John 14:9-12, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34, Acts 2:24, Colossians 1:18)

13. We believe that all scripture, comprised of the 66 Books of the Bible (no apocrypha) from Genesis to Revelation, is the Word of God, and is our final authority over all else for determining faith and practice.

Hope this adds some clarity.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Christ paid for the sin of mankind ,you misunderstood what I posted in ignoring that Adam caused the fall of man through disobedience, and allowed Satan to have a legal right to possess the world.
Matthew: 4. 8. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9. And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Do you think Satan was joking ?
He had the legal right to give all the kingdom's of the World.

If they don't love their wives,if they do not forgive ,and without Faith it is impossible to please God.

Ephesians: 2. 8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
You cannot know the love of Christ without faith,you think your prayers are answered.
Without faith you may as well say twinkle twinkle little star,you will get the same results ..nothing

I was not expecting debate with the first post,and I do not need any debate as well Thank you.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was trying to help,and did not realize I had to post Apologetics.
It would speed things up if you would take time to read our statement of Faith.
So I copied most of it for you:

Word of Faith Statement of Faith:
1. We believe that when we repent, confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord, and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, that we are now justified by His blood, and shall be saved from wrath through Him. (Romans 5:9, Romans 10:9-10)

2. We believe that we are new creatures made righteous with Christ's righteousness, which is not of ourselves. We are not "unworthy new creatures" nor "sinners saved by grace". We were once sinners, but now we are saved by grace; our spirits born again, created in righteousness and true holiness; Sons of God, and joint heirs with Jesus.(2 Corinthians 5:17, Philippians 3:9, Ephesians 2:5-8, Ephesians 4:24, Galatians 4:6, Romans 8:17)

3. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration, and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ's return. (John 17:17-19)

4. We believe the Baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift from God to all believers in this dispensation. It is received separately from the new birth, and is accompanied by the ability to speak in other tongues, as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance. (John 15:26, Acts 2:4)

5. We believe that water baptism should be by immersion in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. It is a symbol of the Christian's identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. (Matthew 3:16, Romans 6:1-4)

6. We believe prosperity is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, spirit, soul, and body. The Lord has pleasure in the prosperity of those who serve Him. (3 John 1:2, Psalm 35:27)

7. We believe divine healing is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, body, soul, and spirit, and is wrought by the power of God. Jesus healed all who were oppressed of the devil. (Acts10:38, 1 Peter 2:24)

8. We believe that all of the Promises of God are always yes and amen, never no; that they are provided for in the atonement of Christ, and are the privilege of every member of the Body of Christ today who will receive them by faith. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

9. We believe that the faith to receive any of the Promises of God comes from hearing God's Word alone; that God's Word is alive and powerful, and every Promise therein contains the faith of God, sufficient to bring itself to pass in the life of any person who believes His Promise in their heart, and confesses it with their mouth. What God has so wonderfully provided by His grace we receive by faith. (Romans 10:17, Hebrews 4:12)

10. We believe that in all things pertaining to life on earth, God is the Author of all that is good; it is only the devil who comes to steal, kill and destroy. God never tempts us, nor uses any element of the curse (Deut. 28) to teach us; He only teaches us by His Holy Spirit revealing to us, the truth of His Holy Word. (John 10:10, James 1:13, Psalm 119:105, John 16:13, Deuteronomy 28)

11. We believe God gave all mankind free will and dominion over the world that we live in; and gave all Christians His kingdom authority and power, to walk as Sons of God, in the steps of Jesus, Who was our example in all things. By way of the leading of the Holy Spirit, we are to take dominion over circumstances and situations, and enforce His Covenant Promises on earth, through the power of His Words spoken out of our mouth. We believe that when we speak in full agreement with His Word, we can have what we ask. (John 1:12, Mark 11:22-24, Luke 9:1, James 4:7, 1 John 3:22)

12. We believe Jesus, in His life and ministry on earth, demonstrated God's perfect will for the earth in all matters for all time. He was made to be sin for us, and was spiritually separated from the presence of the Father on the cross in our place; He descended into hell, was raised up by God the Father, loosed from the pains of death, and was the firstborn from the dead. (John 14:9-12, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34, Acts 2:24, Colossians 1:18)

13. We believe that all scripture, comprised of the 66 Books of the Bible (no apocrypha) from Genesis to Revelation, is the Word of God, and is our final authority over all else for determining faith and practice.

Hope this adds some clarity.

Forgive me, but that sounds like an extremely man-centered and will-centered view of Christianity.

Does God will for some Christians to face death for their faith in Christ, and does this synch with a Word of Faith view of who God is and what He might will for us?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No need,feel free to ask about our beliefs.
We are often misrepresented and for some reason people think we have something to do with seed for prayer and Benny Hinn.

Would you personally describe Benny Hinn as being within the scope of Word of Faith beliefs?

Who, if any, of the major, best-selling and best-known televangelists (if any) would you personally describe as being at least somewhat congruent with Word of Faith beliefs in what they preach and write?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No need,feel free to ask about our beliefs.
We are often misrepresented and for some reason people think we have something to do with seed for prayer and Benny Hinn.
Benny Hinn did give rise to much dissention didn't he lol. What does seed for prayer mean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Benny Hinn did give rise to much dissention didn't he lol. What does seed for prayer mean?

That is the people who come up with promise of answered prayer if you send them a certain amount.
As well they promise great rewards for your certain amount, during Jewish seasons or holidays and just about anything else.
People who are hustled into these scams get what they deserve,
Because you cannot con a honest man.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
To make a true seed offering you are investing in the kingdom of God.
What ever your heart desires you give to a mission or a fund for planting a new Church.
This is where you are rewarded not only financially, but watching the Kingdom of God grow in spreading the gospel.
With the right heart toward giving you simply cannot out give God.

I might add it's not a gospel of prosperity, it is being blessed with abundance so you can be a blessing yourself.
The word prosperity has been misunderstood by many.
You have to turn loose of money with ease of heart knowing that your heart is right in your giving.
Money is nothing more than a tool ,and no matter the religion they accept it.
The difference between Word of Faith and others is we give knowing we will be blessed,not giving to be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me, but that sounds like an extremely man-centered and will-centered view of Christianity.

Does God will for some Christians to face death for their faith in Christ, and does this synch with a Word of Faith view of who God is and what He might will for us?

Tell me of a religion that is not man centered by theology in some way.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Would you personally describe Benny Hinn as being within the scope of Word of Faith beliefs?

Who, if any, of the major, best-selling and best-known televangelists (if any) would you personally describe as being at least somewhat congruent with Word of Faith beliefs in what they preach and write?

Andrew Womack, Bishop Dale Bronner,and for good measure Jessie Duplantis

Oh on the Benny Hinn question :
No
But He that is without sin cast the first stone.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, Sir, that sounds like a very man and will centered theology.

As a Word of Faith believing Christian, would you say that loosing our lives, property, jobs, wealth, health, or loved ones for the sake of Christ would be something that God, by His very nature, might ask us to do for His sake?

Not that I am good at giving things up for Christ; I'm not. I'm also a poor speaker. But would you say that God might call / challenge you or I to give up the above mentioned things for Christ, as a part of His will for us?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I am glad you used the Keyword here in "somewhat." (With that "wording" you used), yes... ALL of the best-selling and best-known televangelists within the Word of Faith movement ARE congruent in their beliefs. However, If you leave the word "somewhat" out then the obvious answer is... absolutely NOT!

411127f3-4e88-4dc9-aed9-994f67ab4913_zps6ew4jj6k.png

• Winner
Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I am glad you used the Keyword here in "somewhat." (With that "wording" you used), yes... ALL of the best-selling and best-known televangelists within the Word of Faith movement ARE congruent in their beliefs. However, If you leave the word "somewhat" out then the obvious answer is... absolutely NOT!

411127f3-4e88-4dc9-aed9-994f67ab4913_zps6ew4jj6k.png

True.
When we post our statement of faith,this should suffice.
So often others will politely take advantage of their faith icon as Christian, this is either nondenominational or a method of gaining access to Faith groups that your denomination opposes.
So I would ask : Tell us how you really feel about Word of Faith or Charismatic beliefs in General?
At least when we have a idea of the doctrine that the person is promoting we can understand their position better.
If they simply say Christian, then they should qualify their statements or questions with Schripture.

This is the only way to have a reasonable discussion about a given topic.
Otherwise we are in a hidden debate,that has a open agenda.

Lol certainly not the first time ,and will not be the last my friend.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Again, Sir, that sounds like a very man and will centered theology.

As a Word of Faith believing Christian, would you say that loosing our lives, property, jobs, wealth, health, or loved ones for the sake of Christ would be something that God, by His very nature, might ask us to do for His sake?

Not that I am good at giving things up for Christ; I'm not. I'm also a poor speaker. But would you say that God might call / challenge you or I to give up the above mentioned things for Christ, as a part of His will for us?

The above mentioned as things is a misrepresentation of our statement of Faith.
You have posed a liars paradox,by not considering the Bibical aspect of our faith,then asking if God would ask us to do something contrary to his Word.
We are quite frankly the most Bible centered doctrine that exists.
We believe that if God gives us his Word it is our duty not to twist or change it ,but have faith that it is the absolute truth.
God will never ask us for anything contrary to his Word.
Circumstances world wide are brought on by Satan by the persecution of the saints.
It is the same with the terror today ,as it was with the Crusades or the persecution of the saints by Rome.
The gospel of religion and religious persecution is demonic.

Upvote 0