Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In eschatology and because eschatology deals with the day of God's judgement, the Christian message is the most distinct from Judaism. Judaism had the conception that a Jewish theocracy would one day exist from Jerusalem and the temple and 'bless' the world.

This is borrowed from Judaism but realized in Christ in the NT Christian system.

But on other parts of theology, there are substantial things shared: about the nature of God, and creation, and moral law.

It is best to distinguish the Christian message from Judaism about eschatology the same way that you do about ceremonial and worship law. In fact, British Adventism in the 1800s was a confused attempt on this question: it could see that if you were going to be Judaistic about eschatology (it shared a lot with the futurists Darby, Irving, Scofield), then why not do the same about law? The result: a very detailed set of events in Israel and very detailed set of laws about food and the Sabbath. But not about animal sacrifices etc. It is easy to see the problem about food and Sabbath but not about a future theocracy in Jerusalem.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
from Yhvh's training and instruction i see no problem with food or sabbath - it is clearly written and clearly understood by the simple minded (single eye on Yhvh in Yeshua by grace through faith, a gift from Yhvh).
the future of Israel // a "future theocracy in Yerusalem" is much more 'daunting' to grasp - may be simple, but grasping it now, today, ---- how ?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is best to distinguish the Christian message from Judaism about eschatology the same way that you do about ceremonial and worship law.

This, I wouldn't agree with!

I think it could be better understood that they (Judaism and Christianity), compliment each other. Gentiles had to join Israel to become God's people in the OT under Judaism...in the NT we come to Christ, regardless of race as Christ institutes the New Covenant through fulfilling the Law of Judaism. He is "Israel" and all who come to Christ are "The Israel of God".

Upvote 0

riverrat

Feb 28, 2011
✟17,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This, I wouldn't agree with!

I think it could be better understood that they (Judaism and Christianity), compliment each other. Gentiles had to join Israel to become God's people in the OT under Judaism...in the NT we come to Christ, regardless of race as Christ institutes the New Covenant through fulfilling the Law of Judaism. He is "Israel" and all who come to Christ are "The Israel of God".
What scripture are you using to conclude that Christ is Israel?

Upvote 0