claiming "undeniable proof the election was stolen and the courts ignored it" is NOT sedition?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am asking it is wrong for me to think a specific tweet was awful. This has nothing to do with the fact that many people have raised legitimate concerns about the US election.
If it was indeed written totally in capital letters, perhaps. That's considered to be "shouting" online, but it's something of a technicality unrelated to the content of the post.

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟100,530.00
Faith
Seeker
If it was indeed written totally in capital letters, perhaps. That's considered to be "shouting" online, but it's something of a technicality unrelated to the content of the post.

I really don't understand that answer. May I ask what is your personal opinion about the content of the tweet?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you implying that Trump's followers who believed his false claims despite 60 judicial dismissals might be able to plead innocent based on diminished capacity or temporary insanity?

It's a lying spirit that has given them a spiritual delusion.

However, it appears that God does not hold guiltless those who accept the delusion of a lying spirit.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's a lying spirit that has given them a spiritual delusion.

However, it appears that God does not hold guiltless those who accept the delusion of a lying spirit.

I'm sure they'll seek a higher court to appeal to. ;)

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've never bought into this idea that everybody should vote. They have the right to vote, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea, if they don't keep themselves informed. A lot of people vote for a party as if they were a favorite sports team.
Maybe we could take away the right to vote from non-white people, women, and anyone who doesn't own land. We should have the society envisioned by our forefathers - a society ruled by white landlords.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟104,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe we could take away the right to vote from non-white people, women, and anyone who doesn't own land. We should have the society envisioned by our forefathers - a society ruled by white landlords.
Don't bring race into it, sir.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't bring race into it, sir.
But gender or land ownership is okay?

I certainly don't think so, but there are plenty on the right that would love nothing more than to remove the right to vote from women and minorities. In fact, they would also love very much to have a single-party state. They would prefer a military dictatorship to a democracy. Some people that advocate for "small government" want one small enough to fit on a throne.

A lot of them have some bizarre beliefs about Jewish people, are oddly obsessed with the German military, the Confederacy, and ancient Rome. They also tend to support ethnic cleansing by either extermination or "relocation" (which is a euphemism for extermination) because they believe that there is a Jewish conspiracy to replace white people by letting brown people immigrate to the country.

The right has a bit of a Fascism problem these days, and a disturbing number of people support them. A failed coup attempt is still a coup attempt, and they will keep trying until they successfully overthrow our democratically elected government.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...apitol-siege-db96cb1f31c02baef7957e773ac99971

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,964.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Generally, Trump and those who support him are far more concerned with coming elections than the last ones. It seems that it’s Trump’s critics in both parties that simply cannot get over the fact that he and many of his supporters will not say that the election is free and fair. It’s not enough that they get their way - the demand that there must be consensus of public opinion. What upsets them is that they no longer control be boundaries of acceptable public discourse. That is why they have gone to such great lengths to drive speech they don’t like from social media. That’s is the aim behind cancel culture. Scolding people doesn’t work, so they do what they can to stop the discussion of issue they can’t or won’t debate, which is quite a few issues, really.

It is easy to "cancel" a person who lies about election results because he cannot handle the fact he was beaten fair and square. There is no martyrdom in being excluded for preaching lies. The true martyrs in the Republican party right now are the ones who put truth before loyalty to a liar. Liz Cheney for example.
What annoys me right now is that the Republicans are allowing their whole case for reelection next time to be undermined by their inability to face the truth of defeat at the last election. The Democrats are using this to split the vote on the right. Personally I think that the Trump family grip on the party is so strong that it will take a second defeat in 24 to break it. Which means 8 years of Democrat governance. Right now Biden is pretty spot on in many of his decisions, but after 8 years the left wing elements of his party are going to be running rampant and that is not good for anyone.

Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry boys .. until the details emerge with the investigations in Arizona, now Georgia and Michigan are revealed…you can keep watching CNN and tell yourselves the lies you have come to believe.
Not one lawsuit made it out of hearing before a court. All were dismissed before a court heard facts or the lack thereof.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What annoys me right now is that the Republicans are allowing their whole case for reelection next time to be undermined by their inability to face the truth of defeat at the last election.

I could say some things about your inability to face of to the results of a certain referendum on your side of the pond five years ago...

We can't say precisely what the issues in 2024, or even 2022 will be, the the 2020 election won't be one of them.

The Democrats are using this to split the vote on the right. Personally I think that the Trump family grip on the party is so strong that it will take a second defeat in 24 to break it. Which means 8 years of Democrat governance. Right now Biden is pretty spot on in many of his decisions, but after 8 years the left wing elements of his party are going to be running rampant and that is not good for anyone.

There's nowhere else to go. The pre-Trump GOP has already faded into pages into the pages of history. The fiasco with Liz Cheney wasn't really about the 2020 election at all. She wanted a talking point use to try to bring back the party of Bush, and that was the best she could come up with. Unfortunately for her, there's very little of a market for Bushism in the US anymore. To call such people "martyrs" because the complete unsaleability of their ideas is just laughable.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,964.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could say some things about your inability to face of to the results of a certain referendum on your side of the pond five years ago...

I still believe BREXIT was a mistake, though as stated at the time it was a 60-40 feeling. Also I supported every effort to have it reversed. But now that it has happened you have to deal with the reality. I do not pretend that the referendum went in the EUs favor, that effectively is what Trump and a large part of his party are doing with the 2020 result though.

We can't say precisely what the issues in 2024, or even 2022 will be, the the 2020 election won't be one of them.

The Republican party always gets rid of candidates that lose. Trump has remained because he pretends that he never lost. So, as things look now, he or a member of his family will be a candidate in 2024 on that basis.

There's nowhere else to go. The pre-Trump GOP has already faded into pages into the pages of history. The fiasco with Liz Cheney wasn't really about the 2020 election at all. She wanted a talking point use to try to bring back the party of Bush, and that was the best she could come up with. Unfortunately for her, there's very little of a market for Bushism in the US anymore. To call such people "martyrs" because the complete unsaleability of their ideas is just laughable.

That is a choice for the American people. Bush was not that bad a president nor his father before him, I would have preferred Jeb Bush to Trump in 2016. Trump has taken the Republican party in a partisan direction that prefers loyalty to him over truth and even national self interest. I cannot see how that will be a winning formula in 2024.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry boys .. until the details emerge with the investigations in Arizona, now Georgia and Michigan are revealed…you can keep watching CNN and tell yourselves the lies you have come to believe.
Not one lawsuit made it out of hearing before a court. All were dismissed before a court heard facts or the lack thereof.
They were dismissed due to a lack of facts or a lack of standing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟100,530.00
Faith
Seeker

I get most of my information from the Daily Wire , There could have been ballot harvesting but there is no evidence for dominion switching millions of votes

Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were dismissed due to a lack of facts or a lack of standing.
I get most of my information from the Daily Wire , There could have been ballot harvesting but there is no evidence for dominion switching millions of votes

We are talking five states here. Not the eastern and western bastions of liberal globalism.

Read my statement again. Not one lawsuit was heard before a court. Thrown out by Judges that faced Lawyers not willing to state the case is a far cry from having a court hearing.

if Arizona, Georgia Michigan come back with nothing after autopsy, so be it.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are talking five states here. Not the eastern and western bastions of liberal globalism.

Read my statement again. Not one lawsuit was heard before a court. Thrown out by Judges that faced Lawyers not willing to state the case is a far cry from having a court hearing.

The judge is the court, and those were hearings. If the lawyers are not willing to state their cases, what else do you expect the judge to do?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The judge is the court, and those were hearings. If the lawyers are not willing to state their cases, what else do you expect the judge to do?

Throw Biden and every other Democrat who won in jail and replace them with every Republican who lost.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

if Arizona, Georgia Michigan come back with nothing after autopsy, so be it.
I don't think you understand what a dismissal means or why these lawsuits were dismissed.

For example, the state of Texas doesn't have standing to sue the state of Georgia over Georgia's election results and cases can be dismissed if they are meritless.

Upvote 0