claiming "undeniable proof the election was stolen and the courts ignored it" is NOT sedition?

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Generally, Trump and those who support him are far more concerned with coming elections than the last ones. It seems that it’s Trump’s critics in both parties that simply cannot get over the fact that he and many of his supporters will not say that the election is free and fair. It’s not enough that they get their way - the demand that there must be consensus of public opinion. What upsets them is that they no longer control be boundaries of acceptable public discourse. That is why they have gone to such great lengths to drive speech they don’t like from social media. That’s is the aim behind cancel culture. Scolding people doesn’t work, so they do what they can to stop the discussion of issue they can’t or won’t debate, which is quite a few issues, really.
There are reasons for people to be concerned.
1) Republicans are using the Big Lie as an excuse to limit voting.
2) Republicans have created a cancel culture, where no one who believes the election was accurate and is willing to say so can stay in the party.

Even if (1) is likely to backfire and (2) might make it easier for Democrats to win, I don't want to see the Republican party become more extreme than it already is. I'd like to see a sane alternative to the Democrats.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Generally, Trump and those who support him are far more concerned with coming elections than the last ones.
I think that's right. To the extent that the party is concerned about the 2020 election, it's mainly because they understand that a repeat of last year's voting irregularities will damage our system of free elections for good..

While many on the liberal end of things shout about how awful it is that Republicans even mention all the examples of vote irregularities and overcounts that were part of the November election, it is conveniently forgotten that most of the changes which made for easy cheating last year were said at the time to have been instituted because Covid allegedly made the normal ways of voting impossible.

But now their true colors are evident.

They've modified that explanation and are saying that having some way to know if the person standing there at the polling station is who he says he is, that returning to the policy of requiring the signature on an absentee ballot to at least approximate the signature on file, and not counting votes that were cast AFTER election day are policies that can never be allowed to return. Because "voter suppression." :doh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I just don't understand Trump supporters

If I tell people "there is undeniable proof the election was stolen and the courts ignored it" I am telling them to take back power by force, what else are they supposed to do, Allow themselves to be conquered by a thief ? Ask for another investigation even though the courts ignored it before?

Well, if all they're going to do is sit and seethe over it, it's not sedition, it's just sour grapes.

It's the ones who feel compelled to do something about it that are seditionists.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Generally, Trump and those who support him are far more concerned with coming elections than the last ones.

And yet, in his few public appearances since being ousted, Donald continues focusing on his conspiracies regarding the last election.

February:

Trump repeats election claims in interviews, is unchallenged

March:

Laura Ingraham cut Trump off when he tried to repeat false claims that the election was stolen, as Fox News faces defamation lawsuits

April:

Trump repeats election lies and insults McConnell in front of RNC donors in Palm Beach - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
And yet, in his few public appearances since being ousted, Donald continues focusing on his conspiracies regarding the last election.

Donald is legally a private citizen now. If Liz Cheney wants to keep harping on the matter then perhaps she ought to be too.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Donald is legally a private citizen now. If Liz Cheney wants to keep harping on the matter then perhaps she ought to be too.

Perhaps... but this:

...has been soundly refuted. Give Donald an audience and he will spout the same old story about the same old elections... and his supporters continue to buy it.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It’s one thing to have an opinion and be willing to share it. What’s notable here is the inability of some to accept the lack of a consensus about the last election. Ever odder is the notion that a consensus can be compelled by scolding those who don’t agree with you.

It’s probably for the best though. Cheney is a holdover from the Bush era and it’s policy of endless wars - the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Now there is a political necessity to do what should have been done long ago.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Endless wars is a BS Trump bone spurs talking point. I have been in the military for 32 years counting my time in the National Guard before returning to active duty and there was a war or conflict for most of that time. Same with my father and grandfather.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are reasons for people to be concerned.
1) Republicans are using the Big Lie as an excuse to limit voting.
2) Republicans have created a cancel culture, where no one who believes the election was accurate and is willing to say so can stay in the party.

Whew, you memorized the entire script! :clap:

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Endless wars is a BS Trump bone spurs talking point. I have been in the military for 32 years counting my time in the National Guard before returning to active duty and there was a war or conflict for most of that time. Same with my father and grandfather.

What else would you call that, if not endless wars?

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
What else would you call that, if not endless wars?

I would not try and pin it all on a two term winning President who had at least served. Maybe George Washington's endless wars, or the military industrial complex endless wars.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I would not try and pin it all on a two term winning President who had at least served. Maybe George Washington's endless wars, or the military industrial complex endless wars.

Not all of it, but his administration was one of the biggest advocates of that policy - between his and Bill Clinton’s. Liz Cheney still thinks the Iraq war was a good idea. So the question is how she stayed in her position as long as she did.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I just don't understand Trump supporters

If I tell people "there is undeniable proof the election was stolen and the courts ignored it" I am telling them to take back power by force, what else are they supposed to do, Allow themselves to be conquered by a thief ? Ask for another investigation even though the courts ignored it before?

They are under a spiritual delusion sent to them by a lying spirit, as it happened with King Ahab.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Al Gore challenged the results of the 2000 election. Nobody called it sedition...

Gore challenged the results of one particular state. Actually one particular county. When that challenge failed in the court, he quit discussing it.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s one thing to have an opinion and be willing to share it. What’s notable here is the inability of some to accept the lack of a consensus about the last election. Ever odder is the notion that a consensus can be compelled by scolding those who don’t agree with you.

When was the result of an honest election ever a consensus?

Now, in the Soviet Union...their elections were always consensuses.

• Haha
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟100,430.00
Faith
Seeker
While many on the liberal end of things shout about how awful it is that Republicans even mention all the examples of vote irregularities and overcounts that were part of the November election,

Is it wrong for me to think the following tweet was awful and nothing like expressing concerns of ballot harvesting and strange behavior at polling places
"REPORT: DOMINION DELETED 2.7 MILLION TRUMP VOTES NATIONWIDE. DATA ANALYSIS FINDS 221,000 PENNSYLVANIA VOTES SWITCHED FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP TO BIDEN. 941,000 TRUMP VOTES DELETED. STATES USING DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS SWITCHED 435,000 VOTES FROM TRUMP TO BIDEN,"

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Observation: I find it fascinating that those advocating for stricter rules that suppresses the number of voters will use the language of advocating for "free" elections. It's not 'free' elections the GOP is advocating for, it's limited, restricted and targeted.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is it wrong for me to think the following tweet was awful and nothing like expressing concerns of ballot harvesting and strange behavior at polling places
"REPORT: DOMINION DELETED 2.7 MILLION TRUMP VOTES NATIONWIDE. DATA ANALYSIS FINDS 221,000 PENNSYLVANIA VOTES SWITCHED FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP TO BIDEN. 941,000 TRUMP VOTES DELETED. STATES USING DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS SWITCHED 435,000 VOTES FROM TRUMP TO BIDEN,"
I'm sorry, but I don't know what you are trying to say there.

Is it that the claim we hear repeated constantly from the Biden side that "there is no evidence" is shown to be false because here you've relayed to us some of the allegedly non-existent evidence?

...or do you want to say that you don't like it and you think that even a single post by single person settles the matter and speaks for tens of millions of Americans?

...or did you just make up the all-caps "quote" for some reason?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Observation: I find it fascinating that those advocating for stricter rules that suppresses the number of voters will use the language of advocating for "free" elections. It's not 'free' elections the GOP is advocating for, it's limited, restricted and targeted.

It’s not free elections if the measures taken to safeguard against fake ballots are inadequate.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Of course, we could just as easily put the issue in language other than that which is favored among the people who do not want there to be even modest and long-respected (prior to Covid, the excuse for the sweeping changes instituted last year) safeguards against vote fraud.

Upvote 0