Civil war in France. German about to start their own.

Arbown

Jan 16, 2018
Somewhere
✟36,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There is no civil war in France - my friend lives there so she'd know.
What there is, is protests. France is a country born of revolution and they will protest (sometimes violently) with fury at times.
No chance of civil war anywhere in Western Europe. We've kept the peace ever since the EU project began, post World War II

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no civil war in France - my friend lives there so she'd know.
What there is, is protests. France is a country born of revolution and they will protest (sometimes violently) with fury at times.
No chance of civil war anywhere in Western Europe. We've kept the peace ever since the EU project began, post World War II
France is having problems with protestors, that is a police matter. France has had civil strife before and will again, they have been invaded by the Romans, the English and Germans, still they remain French. I have no serious concerns that they are falling into anarchy or civil war, they had some civil unrest. Who doesn't?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Look at the title of the thread.
Oh I get it now, there isn't a civil war brewing in Germany, Phew, that's a relief. Don't go starting one because civil wars are messy, I'm glad the Germans are taking these protests in stride.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh I get it now, there isn't a civil war brewing in Germany, Phew, that's a relief. Don't go starting one because civil wars are messy, I'm glad the Germans are taking these protests in stride.
Yeah, nobody is protesting over here. First of all, our taxes didn't get raised, and even if they were, we wouldn't start setting fire to our cities.

This isn't soccer, after all.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, nobody is protesting over here. First of all, our taxes didn't get raised, and even if they were, we wouldn't start setting fire to our cities.

This isn't soccer, after all.
You seem more concerned about soccer fans then protestors. I think I'm going to have to take soccer more seriously. Don't burn down your cities, you can get them next year.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You seem more concerned about soccer fans then protestors.
With good reasons. The scenes you see in france during protests against the government are very similiar to german soccer riots.

But don't worry, we won't overdo it. We still have to go to work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
With good reasons. The scenes you see in france during protests against the government are very similiar to german soccer riots.

But don't worry, we won't overdo it. We still have to go to work.
Take care, these soccer fans can be feisty. I'm glad you are not on the brink of civil war, things are better then I first thought.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Civil War' in France as Yellow Jackets Drive Fury at Macron

Abraham Ekris Gab.ai/Geel ❌ on Twitter

HookTube

There are tons of reports from individuals around the web that this is not a riot, but civil war. There's a media blackout stateside, but this start 2 days ago. FYI.

There are no civil wars in Europe, this guy is just expressing how he feels about the situation and trying to put some pressure on Macron to resolve it: '“There is an atmosphere of civil war,” said Thierry Paul Valette, a self-appointed spokesman for the movement.'
Civil war involves the organising of armed militias, military engagements with civilians and so on. There are some clear and important distinctions there. Would you describe the protests in Charlottesville earlier this year as 'civil war'?
I'm not sure where these overblown ideas about 'what's happening in Europe' come from, but there is no reason to take them seriously.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait, there is a civil war where I live? Why hasn't anybody informed me???

My bratwurst and sauerkraut supply is ready to be thrown passive aggressively at strangers.
No no, we are talking about soccer games, don't waste perfectly good bratwurst and sauerkraut on such trivialities. There might be a problem with the French but I don't think they worry much about bratwurst and sauerkraut, but I don't pretend to speak for them.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are no civil wars in Europe, this guy is just expressing how he feels about the situation and trying to put some pressure on Macron to resolve it: '“There is an atmosphere of civil war,” said Thierry Paul Valette, a self-appointed spokesman for the movement.'
Civil war involves the organising of armed militias, military engagements with civilians and so on. There are some clear and important distinctions there. Would you describe the protests in Charlottesville earlier this year as 'civil war'?
I'm not sure where these overblown ideas about 'what's happening in Europe' come from, but there is no reason to take them seriously.
Of course I'm kidding, I watched the problems in Charlottesville and hated every moment of it. I never felt threatened by it but it broke my heart, we are better then that. Europe has had some nasty civil wars, the Protestants and Catholics historically have went at it, we should all grieve. I don't see Europe going to war with anyone anytime soon, a lot of people have went to war with with them and all have regretted it, even if they won't admit it. Please forgive our President, he means well but he is better at golf then he is at diplomacy, and I'm not convinced he is good at that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Could you throw some of it my way? And maybe some beer & perogies, too?

Only if you're German. It's a sacret tradition to throw bratwurst and sauerkraut at your opponent when there's a dispute. The dispute is resolved when one party cannot withstand the temptation of eating the thrown bratwurst/sauerkraut and is declared the loser.

• Informative
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
'Civil War' in France as Yellow Jackets Drive Fury at Macron

Abraham Ekris Gab.ai/Geel ❌ on Twitter

HookTube

There are tons of reports from individuals around the web that this is not a riot, but civil war. There's a media blackout stateside, but this start 2 days ago. FYI.
Not long back from a trip to Germany and I got no impression of a nation about to have a civil war. Anyway, the Germans are too busy eating and drinking to waste time on something as silly as a civil war. I'll drink to that. Prost!

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not long back from a trip to Germany and I got no impression of a nation about to have a civil war. Anyway, the Germans are too busy eating and drinking to waste time on something as silly as a civil war. I'll drink to that. Prost!

Wunderbar, Prost!

Upvote 0