Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is a funny story but not in every way. Hang in, you're in for a ride. Ok, so over my life I've had just about every hobby known to man, and woman that is, but as I've aged, 52 now but isn't age a state of mind, the ones I do have seem to be more impt to me. Three hobbies ago I started my own business making specialty soaps, I called my little home business Autumn Rose Emporium after my youngest daughter. I still do it but just for fun now. My main passion lies, as far as hobbies go that is, in antique collecting. My mother in law was an avid collector but of course at that time I couldn't have cared less. Now that she is with our Lord, I don't even know how it happened, but I began collecting antiques to add to her collection. I guess the main reason for that is because I noticed that when I held a certain antique in my hand, I would feel I guess a certain weird energy alerting me from God I guess that this was a special item. That's when I decided to me an antique had to be at least over 100 years old, preferably belonging to that of the Victorian era or previous. But the best of my story is yet to come.....HERE SHE GOES....who here believes in Divine Providence? Well, back in November 2019, I got very sick, sick in a way I have never known before. Yes, pert near all the symptoms of covid we now know. My strength was gone, couldn't breathe, think, etc. My dr. Checked my lungs over and over but didn't hear a crackle. Finally I was sent for an x-ray and at that time my son had to practically carry me. It showed atypical pneumonia. I was a stranger to pneumonia at that time but have a weakness for bronchitis. This pneumonia continued and I was confined to bed for months. Thought I needed oxygen. Got better for two days and was rediagnosed in both December and January. To this day, I don't know if it was truly pneumonia or not but I sure would like to take a covid anti body test. Ok, here's where the story gets really interesting.....during my time in bed, I liked to browse through pics of items online at a local auction house. So, in November, I spotted a bunch of old books so even though I couldn't make the titles out, I felt a pull of sorts to bid. And thanks to God, I won. My hubby picked my winnings up and being sick as I was I didn't do anything but glance at them from my bed. Then, I finally got the strength and an urge to grab one and go through it. It was titled THE PRACTICAL HOME PHYSICIAN and boy was it old. I skimmed through it noticing some diseases like scarlet fever, syphilis, yellow fever, and thought that's odd, no cures or treatments listed other than herbal remedies. Sure enough flipped to the publishing date and it was mid 1800,s. Wow, pretty cool, but then I noticed a signature, This book was read by Terry Noble was inscribed on one of the front pages. Ok, now I was flying high on adrenaline but still in a weakened state so back to bed. A whole bunch of thoughts crossed my mind, repeatedly, nagging, the kind that refused to go away until something was done about it. So, next day, or there abouts, looked to see where book was from. It had been published by drs in both Canada, where I live, the U.S and I believe in Europe to boot. Then an obtrusive thought entered my mind....had the previous owner been involved in the American Civil War? And why would I even think that, never being taught about it since I lived up here in the Great White North ....and how would I find out anyways.....Days passed and those thoughts would not stay repressed. So, as I was feeling a little better, my research began. For days and days I searched the previous owner s name and nothing. But something inside kept saying don't give up.....finally one day, weeks later, Eureka.....in some sort of army records in a geneology site I finally found the handwritten name....Terry S. Noble. But was this him? It couldn't be, there was probably a thousand different men with the same common name.......

Jaxcy

Aug 13, 2020
Belle River
✟15,368.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is a funny story but not in every way. Hang in, you're in for a ride. Ok, so over my life I've had just about every hobby known to man, and woman that is, but as I've aged, 52 now but isn't age a state of mind, the ones I do have seem to be more impt to me. Three hobbies ago I started my own business making specialty soaps, I called my little home business Autumn Rose Emporium after my youngest daughter. I still do it but just for fun now. My main passion lies, as far as hobbies go that is, in antique collecting. My mother in law was an avid collector but of course at that time I couldn't have cared less. Now that she is with our Lord, I don't even know how it happened, but I began collecting antiques to add to her collection. I guess the main reason for that is because I noticed that when I held a certain antique in my hand, I would feel I guess a certain weird energy alerting me from God I guess that this was a special item. That's when I decided to me an antique had to be at least over 100 years old, preferably belonging to that of the Victorian era or previous. But the best of my story is yet to come.....HERE SHE GOES....who here believes in Divine Providence? Well, back in November 2019, I got very sick, sick in a way I have never known before. Yes, pert near all the symptoms of covid we now know. My strength was gone, couldn't breathe, think, etc. My dr. Checked my lungs over and over but didn't hear a crackle. Finally I was sent for an x-ray and at that time my son had to practically carry me. It showed atypical pneumonia. I was a stranger to pneumonia at that time but have a weakness for bronchitis. This pneumonia continued and I was confined to bed for months. Thought I needed oxygen. Got better for two days and was rediagnosed in both December and January. To this day, I don't know if it was truly pneumonia or not but I sure would like to take a covid anti body test. Ok, here's where the story gets really interesting.....during my time in bed, I liked to browse through pics of items online at a local auction house. So, in November, I spotted a bunch of old books so even though I couldn't make the titles out, I felt a pull of sorts to bid. And thanks to God, I won. My hubby picked my winnings up and being sick as I was I didn't do anything but glance at them from my bed. Then, I finally got the strength and an urge to grab one and go through it. It was titled THE PRACTICAL HOME PHYSICIAN and boy was it old. I skimmed through it noticing some diseases like scarlet fever, syphilis, yellow fever, and thought that's odd, no cures or treatments listed other than herbal remedies. Sure enough flipped to the publishing date and it was mid 1800,s. Wow, pretty cool, but then I noticed a signature, This book was read by Terry Noble was inscribed on one of the front pages. Ok, now I was flying high on adrenaline but still in a weakened state so back to bed. A whole bunch of thoughts crossed my mind, repeatedly, nagging, the kind that refused to go away until something was done about it. So, next day, or there abouts, looked to see where book was from. It had been published by drs in both Canada, where I live, the U.S and I believe in Europe to boot. Then an obtrusive thought entered my mind....had the previous owner been involved in the American Civil War? And why would I even think that, never being taught about it since I lived up here in the Great White North ....and how would I find out anyways.....Days passed and those thoughts would not stay repressed. So, as I was feeling a little better, my research began. For days and days I searched the previous owner s name and nothing. But something inside kept saying don't give up.....finally one day, weeks later, Eureka.....in some sort of army records in a geneology site I finally found the handwritten name....Terry S. Noble. But was this him? It couldn't be, there was probably a thousand different men with the same common name.......
So, something told me to check the handwriting and compare the enlisting name to the one inscribed in the book. Hmm, the chap sure had nice handwriting and oh, in the inscription he made a very fancy letter with a certain swirl in his name...wait....it was an exact match. Mr. Terry Noble had belonged to the Tenth Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry and had enlisted in I believe 1862. So it was then that my true hobby began. I ate, slept and breathed everything civil war concluding the dates 1861 to 1864, respectively, and I felt that God had chosen me, or given me a nudge to bid on that antique book, in essence to tell the tale of this unsung hero. So there's more to say but I'll leave it here and say that The American Civil War has now become a hobby vof epic proportion for me, and God willing, He will lead me into finding out more information regarding this soldier who actively engaged in all the major battles rising to the rank of lieutenant and second lieutenant by the time he mustered out.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Jaxcy

Aug 13, 2020
Belle River
✟15,368.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So, something told me to check the handwriting and compare the enlisting name to the one inscribed in the book. Hmm, the chap sure had nice handwriting and oh, in the inscription he made a very fancy letter with a certain swirl in his name...wait....it was an exact match. Mr. Terry Noble had belonged to the Tenth Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry and had enlisted in I believe 1862. So it was then that my true hobby began. I ate, slept and breathed everything civil war concluding the dates 1861 to 1864, respectively, and I felt that God had chosen me, or given me a nudge to bid on that antique book, in essence to tell the tale of this unsung hero. So there's more to say but I'll leave it here and say that The American Civil War has now become a hobby vof epic proportion for me, and God willing, He will lead me into finding out more information regarding this soldier who actively engaged in all the major battles rising to the rank of lieutenant and second lieutenant by the time he mustered out.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A name that my husband ran across was Cutting Noyes. He also found Willis A. Nutt. In my ancestry John Frost had a daughter named Icy.

Regarding the Civil War, his second great-grandfather enlisted August 25, 1862, at age 35, and was killed in Gettysburg on July 2, 1863.

Upvote 0