Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly 40 years ago, the FBI was roundly criticized for investigating Americans without evidence they had broken any laws. Now, critics fear the FBI may be gearing up to do it again.

Tentative Justice Department guidelines, to be released later this summer, would let agents investigate people whose backgrounds — and potentially their race or ethnicity — match the traits of terrorists.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gobMutXAeRwFpKArmH62mutdcLRAD91LS3DG0

This is disgusting! I can't believe that racial profiling could be allowed! :mad: I'm sorry but racial profiling is not the answer to the terrorist problem!

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gobMutXAeRwFpKArmH62mutdcLRAD91LS3DG0

This is disgusting! I can't believe that racial profiling could be allowed! :mad: I'm sorry but racial profiling is not the answer to the terrorist problem!

What if they were racially profiling people for fraud and embezzlement? And those people happened to be white, like most fraud and embezzlers seem to be?

There are facts about certain groups of people who tend to commit certain crimes. To look at those facts when dealing with such crimes seems like common sense to me. If there was a rapist out there in your neighborhood would you be mad at the cops if they focused on looking for men, instead of looking for men and women?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What if they were racially profiling people for fraud and embezzlement?

My answer would be the same. Racial profiling is wrong. Period.

And those people happened to be white, like most fraud and embezzlers seem to be?

Still wrong. Period.

Oh, and I happen to be white just so you know. ;)

There are facts about certain groups of people who tend to commit certain crimes. To look at those facts when dealing with such crimes seems like common sense to me.

So I guess it's a "fact" that all or most terrorists just so happen to be of a specific ethnicity? I'm sorry but that is just wrong. Again, racial profiling is wrong. Period.

If there was a rapist out there in your neighborhood would you be mad at the cops if they focused on looking for men, instead of looking for men and women?

Yes, I'd be mad. The rapist could just as easily be a woman as it could be a man. The only way I wouldn't be be mad is if the victims had clearly said that it was a man who raped them. Then, if that is the case, of course they should only be looking for men.

Upvote 0

Aerika

Draenei Priestess
Feb 3, 2008
Telaar, Nagrand
✟16,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Profiling to help identify a suspect of an actual crime is not the same as allowing the FBI

investigate people whose backgrounds — and potentially their race or ethnicity — match the traits of terrorists.

Reactions: Maren
Upvote 0