Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It could have been is the point again. We have missiles designed to destroy cities. That they have not yet been used does not take away the potential.
Lots of things "could happen"....

Does God want us to worry.. or does the bible say that nobody can add even a moment to their life... by worrying?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The article discusses what NASA has planned for such close encounters. I believe their theory is to launch a ship to offset the trajectory of the smaller asteroids.
Really.... right after they build their space cable elevator.... and launch their mars mission?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Could very well have been though
There is more chance of the entire coast of California experiencing a mega earthquake... that is real... but what are you going to do about it?

Worry worry worry....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Really.... right after they build their space cable elevator.... and launch their mars mission?
CLASSIFIED ALERT! ALERT!

PLEASE REPORT TO RE-INTEGRATION BRIEFING, PLEASE REPORT TO RE-INTEGRATION BRIEFING for stabilization process.

• Haha
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Lots of things "could happen"....

Does God want us to worry.. or does the bible say that nobody can add even a moment to their life... by worrying?
Not by worrying, but fasting has been proven to add many moments to a persons life,
if they don't get hit by a bus.

I don't think any other method has been proven to increase life span normally , as fasting does.

Worry, may and often does cause disease , illness, and pre-mature expiration of a body.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So if we happen to see an approaching danger we should not do anything about it because it is God's will. If someone throws a punch at me you can bet that I am going to duck ---- and think you would too.
So.... what is NASA gunna do about it? Send up a Tesla with Bruce Willis in it?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So.... what is NASA gunna do about it? Send up a Tesla with Bruce Willis in it?

Jack, we all know you are an expert on conspiracy theories. You believe in a flat earth etc etc. You dont believe NASA got anyone to the moon either. I goes on and on my dear friend....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's good... Are you worried about a "city killer asteroid"?

It could land right next to me and i wouldnt care. As long as my faith in God is strong, that is all that matters.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jack, we all know you are an expert on conspiracy theories. You believe in a flat earth etc etc. You dont believe NASA got anyone to the moon either. I goes on and on my dear friend....:rolleyes:
See there you go "Lost"... You call yourself a Christian yet you slander me with lies.

Yes, I have been on threads that discuss the FE. However, I have repeatedly stated that I am not convinced. Am I not allowed to be undecided? Must I hold the view that you hold? Must I not question things?

So... as an attack on me, you lie. Shame on you.

Oh, and I'm no expert on conspiracy theories. I like to dabble in them and I also believe that the we are not privileged to know the truth about many events.

Attacking a person because of their beliefs is low, very low... But as to your true form, you never present facts. You sit there in your armchair and chirp the people... fellow Christians I may add... that don't hold your view.... for which you never present any of your own support. Just nothing burger posts and emoji's, face smacks and laughing faces.... that goad people that hold different views than you do.

Your name suits you.. you have lots of little faces and blurbs.. but no real words with any substance. Just angst for those that disagree with you.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The miss distance of this event was extremely close ... about 10% of the Earth-Moon distance, if I recall right. An asteroid of that size could do terrible damage to a city, if we got unlucky and the impact point was in a densely populated area.

Of course, 70% of the Earth's surface is ocean, so that helps. Most likely the impact would be in the sea.

There is actually less dangerous effect if it hits land, presuming somewhere not too populated.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
See there you go "Lost"... You call yourself a Christian yet you slander me with lies.

Yes, I have been on threads that discuss the FE. However, I have repeatedly stated that I am not convinced. Am I not allowed to be undecided? Must I hold the view that you hold? Must I not question things?

So... as an attack on me, you lie. Shame on you.

Oh, and I'm no expert on conspiracy theories. I like to dabble in them and I also believe that the we are not privileged to know the truth about many events.

Attacking a person because of their beliefs is low, very low... But as to your true form, you never present facts. You sit there in your armchair and chirp the people... fellow Christians I may add... that don't hold your view.... for which you never present any of your own support. Just nothing burger posts and emoji's, face smacks and laughing faces.... that goad people that hold different views than you do.

Your name suits you.. you have lots of little faces and blurbs.. but no real words with any substance. Just angst for those that disagree with you.

Sorry if you think i was attacking you my dear friend. I certainly didnt want it to come across as such and humbly apologise.

In numerous threads on conspiracy theories you always go directly against NASA, NASA pictures, science etc. You ALWAYS reject ANY evidence. This is a fact my friend.

Nobody can take what you post as credible on the subjects as you constantly berate science.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There is actually less dangerous effect if it hits land, presuming somewhere not too populated.
True... and if it hit land it would probably put up a cloud of dust and end the whole "Climate change problem" Huh?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry if you think i was attacking you my dear friend. I certainly didnt want it to come across as such and humbly apologise.

In numerous threads on conspiracy theories you always go directly against NASA, NASA pictures, science etc. You ALWAYS reject ANY evidence. This is a fact my friend.

Nobody can take what you post as credible on the subjects.
Apology accepted..

However, you cannot tell me that the FE dig was not meant to discredit the validity of my arguments.

Also.. yes... NASA IMO is a farce. There are no real pictures of the earth from space.... and the list goes on...

However, that's another thread for another time.

As far as the close call of the asteroid.... If one comes our way... and it's big enough for them to detect..... we aren't going to stop it... How arrogant to believe so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Apology accepted..

However, you cannot tell me that the FE dig was not meant to discredit the validity of my arguments.

Also.. yes... NASA IMO is a farce. There are no real pictures of the earth from space.... and the list goes on...

However, that's another thread for another time.

As far as the close call of the asteroid.... If one comes our way... and it's big enough for them to detect..... we aren't going to stop it... How arrogant to believe so.

I guess it depends if it is detected early enough

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True... and if it hit land it would probably put up a cloud of dust and end the whole "Climate change problem" Huh?

'Way back in the 60s, I read a paper full of calculations on it. It "boils" down to the fact that the trillions of gallons of water vaporized into the atmosphere with an ocean strike would wreak more havoc over the globe than the dust of a land strike.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
'Way back in the 60s, I read a paper full of calculations on it. It "boils" down to the fact that the trillions of gallons of water vaporized into the atmosphere with an ocean strike would wreak more havoc over the globe than the dust of a land strike.
Sorry but I don't see how vaporized water could be a problem. But I could see how water kicked upward into the air due to a meteor impacting into an ocean could have the same effect as a hurricane.

Hurricane Harvey produced 15 trillion gallons (57 trillion liters) of water. Maybe if the 59 year old article had used liters as a measure back then the calculations would have seemed like more of an impact.

I checked to see if any hurricanes in the 1960s had a high amount of water. There was one for 1950 but not so large as Harvey. No large rain effect during a hurricane for 1960 made the chart I looked at. Maybe someone could find a better chart.

Also, concerning the dust of a land strike.. its one impact, while volcano explosions can go on for hours filling the atmosphere.. look at any of the volcano blast output into the air.

Offering one example, Mount Saint Helens exploded 1980, the blast output traveled across the states of America largely dissipating with every state. It had largely fizzled out before it reached the northern states of the mid-west. That demonstrates the ability of the air to dissipate heavy cloud effects.

Again, maybe someone has a better example to offer.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry but I don't see how vaporized water could be a problem.
It would be raining for years. Torrential. Everywhere.

The tsunamis would be beyond anything we have ever seen.

But if it hit the land where the crust was thin and opened up a magma pool ........

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It would be raining for years. Torrential. Everywhere.

The tsunamis would be beyond anything we have ever seen.

But if it hit the land where the crust was thin and opened up a magma pool ........

I read a recent scientific article that the tsunami from the Chixilub Impact reached the highlands of Montana several hours later. That is one impressive wall of water!

Upvote 0